Reportedly short keys bothers me, along with the 3GB RAM limitation, especially if I want a smoothly running Hub. I think the KEYone will do well enough for a sequel, with a better SoC like the 821 or 835 and more RAM. I think TCL will release this Son of KEYone with high-end specs a year from now. But I don't think I can wait for that device as my Passport's browser has just about failed me for the last time. A PKB with keys as tall as my Cobalt Blue Classic's would be perfect!
    Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    05-08-17 12:27 AM
    Give Browsie Browser a try, it works quite well (even better with the ad block function)

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 01:58 AM
    The K1 will certainly b my next BlackBerry device and second on the Android platform. I currently have a Priv but still use my Blueberry Classic frequently. I plan on waiting to purchase until the price drops $100 or more.

Personally, I prefer BB10 over Android OS but that aside, the pkb on the Classic is superior to the Priv. The K1 pkb appears 2 B similar n feel 2 the Classic while having the capacitive feature of the Passport & Priv. Only feature missing w/ the K1 is a trackpad that functions like that of the Classic.

Not a major deal breaker 4 me but it would make the K1 that much better.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 09:19 AM
    Give Browsie Browser a try, it works quite well (even better with the ad block function)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip. Too bad we cannot make a third-party browser the default one. My alternate is currently Mercury browser.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    05-08-17 04:39 PM
    I am thinking about it. My Classic is running fine so it isn't an urgent thing. Bit for down the road this is the only real upgrade path for PKB fans. I think I will wait on wider reviews once the KeyOne has a proper role out. And also a bit of a price drop.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 09:16 PM
    I'm on the fence about getting a keyone. I think the only phone I have ever paid more than $250 for was the Nokia N9 (most amazing phone ever made - what a shame). All of my BlackBerry devices (9900, Z10, Q10, Classic) were purchased either used or refurbished 6+ months after launch which is how I've been able to get them at amazing prices (and as you all know, BlackBerries really don't wear out so they are just as good used as new!). I used all of them for over 2 years each except Z10 which was given to a family member and is still in use.

Classic is starting to show its age with browser issues and constant signal/no-sim issues (not sure if device or T-mobile's fault). I'm hoping to hold out another 6 months and see what the prices are at that point. By the sounds of it, the carriers won't even have it till September anyhow according to the rumors. So still a long wait ahead!

 C L A S S I C
    05-12-17 10:03 PM
    My classic is now dying day by day under my hands: battery life reduced to max 1 hour with charger. I use it connected to the mains by now. Constant black screens appear when moving from one App to another, poor thing is old and slow. Sluggish responses when I make repetitive phone calls, I cannot hung up properly any more, and many more features than indicate that my classic had it.
    What next? I went to see the KEYone everybody is talking about today for the first time. Guess what: I WAS DISAPPOINTED !!!!! It looks like a BlackBerry but it isn't. The keyboard is cheap, it shines like a one cent copy of the original BlackBerry keyboards. Yes the screen is large and bright, well you expect that from a 599 EUR phone, no? Yes, I will buy it, but knowing that my classic was the last REAL BlackBerry I had.
    The KEYone is a clone, but still better than any other as it does have the PKB. But just a clone in a BlackBerry outfit.
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    RIP BlackBerry. I will miss your quality forever.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 03:49 PM
    Got mine & been using it for 3 weeks. a way better phone than my classic.
    06-15-17 04:39 PM
    As my K1 screen popped out and is for repair, I have to go back to my Classic for a while. And there are so many things, that I missed at the KeyOne:
    - form factor (the Classic fits perfectly in my hands and pockets)
    - dedicated button for play/pause (convenience button cannot be assigned to that...why?)
    - special look (more people ask me about my classic than about the K1)
    - i have a docking station (my 3rd Party dock for K1 sucks, so I never really used it)
    - i have used the Classic for 2.5 Years without a case and it looks almost as new, although I dropped it several times...unthinkable with the K1 (regardless of the display desaster)
    - i always loved it from the beginning. Next to my Nokia E6, my best Phone ever! K1 is a good phone too, but will never touch my heart, as the classic did.

Why I will switch back to K1, as soon as it returns from Service?
    My Classic is now still usable very good (I could have wait to buy the K1, but I was too curious after all that waiting), but the battery does not always brings me through a long day anymore, most apps and functions are really slow, Amazon apps are even worse and -lets be honest- neither apps nor phone will be supported for a long time. So every Classic user has to face, that the K1 is the only logical step, latest in the next 12 months. Even if TCL/BB will built more phones with pkb, they will look and feel more like the K1 than the Classic or Passport. Unfortunately for us old school phone fans.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    06-15-17 09:08 PM
    I have had almost all the bb that came out. having moved from a Z30 to PRIV which I didn't like & switched to the classic for 5 months & have the Keyone. I don't see the fuss for the classic. it was one of the worst bb I have owned imo. maybe it was Bell software I don't know. but the Keyone is great to me
    06-15-17 10:02 PM
    Took the Leap... haha... yes, received the KEYone yesterday... on a learning curve at the moment... the PKB is actually quite nice to use... but still can't put the Z30 down... just know it to well... smh...

Classic for work, Z30 for everything else...
    06-17-17 12:30 PM
    Just purchased a K1 when amazon was back in stock a few days ago. Awaiting shipment still. I'm sure moving to android is going to be painful, let's just hope there are no hardware (screen, reception) issues to boot.

Can't wait to play with it though!

 C L A S S I C
    greenjoe likes this.
    06-17-17 04:43 PM
    My Classic won't get replaced until Whatsapp finally pulls the plug on native and the Android Version is no option or the Browser will not be able to handle websites (one nice thing on the blackberry is definitively the cursor in the browser...)

For both reasons I switched from my Bold 9700. I Still think that is the best Smartphone ever made.. if BIS was still a thing and "Whatsapp" wouldn't be a proprietary App but some sort of standard... I might have ignored the fact that it could not load webpages because of the ram.
    The Old "Hub" style was so convinient, so simple quick and elegant, even modern "Hub" can not compete.

If I ever have to switch from Blackberry.. I think "Iphone SE" would beat the Keyone.
    Its half the price, it's compact, it has pretty good hardware, Apple would AT least keep it supported until the 6S runs out ( minus obvious HW features).

Sorry Blackberry.
    06-22-17 11:31 AM
    My Classic is running fine but I will admit I was intrigued by the KeyOne. The build quality issues that seem to be popping up are concerning though.

I am going to take a wait and see approach. If the screen pop issues are resolved I'll start to seriously consider it.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 08:32 PM
    Got mine a few days ago. It is solid and I'm really starting to like it.

Upon unboxing: "wow this thing is big. so weird to actually see one in person".

Day 1: complete buyer's remorse. What was I thinking? Android is a nightmare. I should give up and send it back.

Day 2: finally got android set up, disabled lots of permissions, disabled most of the Google apps... "hey this isn't so bad".

Day 3: really starting to love it. For every shortcoming compared BB10, it does something else better.

Day 4: I am now willing to box up my Classic. It was a weapon from a more civilized age. KEYone is my device! Nothing else on the market could realistically serve me better. For a busy Classic die-hard in 2017 the K1 is money well spent.

Don't be scared by the build quality reports. I was but mine feels pretty solid so far. This thing actually gets noticeably better WiFi and cellular reception than my Classic (T-Mobile US). Speaker and sound quality are adequate (though not without room for improvement). The size is a bit large for my taste; I was also debating an iPhone SE. But despite it's departure from true BlackBerry form factor, it does not disappoint! You will not regret it - and this is coming from a guy who went from the Nokia N9 > Bold 9900 > Q10 > Classic, and who willingly gave away a Nexus 4 in between after 1 month of usage because I couldn't stand the form factor, cheap build quality, and the shortcomings of android 4.x OS.

Yes, I dislike android; but between the BlackBerry apps/launcher, ripping out the Google apps, and the fantastic hardware and feel in the hand - I am very pleased by this device and deem it a worthy companion for my ever busy days. Once you put up with android BS for a few days to get it set up to your liking, you will have an effective and efficient device that does your Classic proud.
    Last edited by mvsalvino; 06-23-17 at 12:11 AM.
    06-22-17 11:39 PM
    I bought a keyone but found it too large, too big, too much. I sent it back and I keep on using my Classic that fits so well in my hands and in my pockets.
    When Whatsapp ends its support by the end of the year I will reconsider buying a new phone.
    But the keyone is too big for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 05:27 AM
    I'm sticking with BB10 for as long as I can! I don't need a lightning fast phone or a whole of apps. My classic does Web browsing, texting and calling, and emails quite well. Anything else if it works it works, and if it doesn't oh well.

On that note, if spotify ever stops working for my classic then ill seriously think about getting a newer blackberry

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 08:27 AM
    I'm not too enamoured by the design of the Keyone. It is not yet available here in Singapore. I'll keep using this BlackBerry Classic for as long as I can. When Whatsapp expires at end 2017, if it's not extended, I'll probably move from the Classic to another backup Android phone that I have, the Xiaomi Mi Max. The Keyone, like the Priv, is overpriced here in Asia. I'll wait till BlackBerry releases their next qwerty phone. I do hope they will find a way to incorporate the tool belt, and the best design features of the Classic and Passport into it. The designs of the Classic and Passport (1st generation) look much better and more professional than the Keyone and Priv.

Short answer: No. The Keyone isn't compelling enough to warrant a change.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 07:33 PM
    Haven't checked the dimensions, but it looks an incredibly tall device

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Too big for me to consider. Classic was as large a device as I would tolerate in my pocket.
    06-25-17 08:16 AM
    I'm on the fence about getting a keyone. I think the only phone I have ever paid more than $250 for was the Nokia N9 (most amazing phone ever made - what a shame). All of my BlackBerry devices (9900, Z10, Q10, Classic) were purchased either used or refurbished 6+ months after launch which is how I've been able to get them at amazing prices (and as you all know, BlackBerries really don't wear out so they are just as good used as new!). I used all of them for over 2 years each except Z10 which was given to a family member and is still in use.

Classic is starting to show its age with browser issues and constant signal/no-sim issues (not sure if device or T-mobile's fault). I'm hoping to hold out another 6 months and see what the prices are at that point. By the sounds of it, the carriers won't even have it till September anyhow according to the rumors. So still a long wait ahead!

 C L A S S I C
    Yup - I also had the Nokia N9. Probably the nicest design ever, for a phone. Father of the Lumia 900 & 920, the MeeGo operating system was superb for it's time too.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 06:06 PM
    Yup. Too big for me to consider. Classic was as large a device as I would tolerate in my pocket.
    What do you plan to move on to after the Classic then?

Posted with my  Classic
    06-26-17 09:21 PM
    What do you plan to move on to after the Classic then?

Posted with my  Classic
    Nothing yet. I bought a second one for when I wear this one out.
    06-26-17 09:42 PM
    Nothing yet. I bought a second one for when I wear this one out.
    If you can do with the limitations that many feel and the phone fits your needs going forward, all the more power to you.

Posted with my  Classic
    06-26-17 11:35 PM
    I love my little Classic. I am on the fence about "upgrading" to a KEYone because it really wouldn't be an upgrade in terms of what I need from a phone. The only thing I could see myself benefiting from would be the ability to BBM Video with others finally, as I can't cross-platform BBM Video with non BlackBerry 10 users.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 11:53 PM
    The KeyOne is a poor replacement for the Classic. It does not place ergonomics and comfort ahead of other things.

Just give us a no-compromise pkb like the classic. Give us a shorter screen for better balance. These things should be so easy, but why is it so impossible to deliver?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 11:10 PM
106 ... 2345