Getting used to my BlackBerry Classic after my transition from the S6. I primarily used my iPod Classic until the headphone jack only started playing sound out of the right speakers, so I moved to Google Play Music, which was great when I had good service. I tried Google Play Music on my BB, but wasn't a fan of how much heat it produced on the phone. Does anyone here use a SD card just for music? Does the phone handle large amounts of music well with a good SD card? Any drawbacks I should be aware of?
    07-31-15 09:54 AM
    Getting used to my BlackBerry Classic after my transition from the S6. I primarily used my iPod Classic until the headphone jack only started playing sound out of the right speakers, so I moved to Google Play Music, which was great when I had good service. I tried Google Play Music on my BB, but wasn't a fan of how much heat it produced on the phone. Does anyone here use a SD card just for music? Does the phone handle large amounts of music well with a good SD card? Any drawbacks I should be aware of?
    Really? I subscribe to Google Play Music and it works pretty well on the Classic, it gets a bit warm, but I often use it while using google maps in the car.
    07-31-15 10:00 AM
    Really? I subscribe to Google Play Music and it works pretty well on the Classic, it gets a bit warm, but I often use it while using google maps in the car.
    I haven't put it through too much of a stress test, but regardless, I wouldn't mind having all of my music available with no Internet connection. T-Mobile can really suck on highways and in non-metro areas.
    07-31-15 10:04 AM
    yeah i use google music also on my classic and gets alil warm too, but bb10 works with upto 128gb sd cards, so you could definitely get quite a bit of music loaded on there.
    07-31-15 10:05 AM
    yeah i use google music also on my classic and gets alil warm too, but bb10 works with upto 128gb sd cards, so you could definitely get quite a bit of music loaded on there.
    Yeah, I have about 73 GB of music, so I would definitely need the 128 GB SD card. This card is probably my best choice, I guess?
    07-31-15 10:07 AM
    I use my SD card.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:51 AM
    I have about 40 gb of music on my 128 gb sd card. I listen to it all the time when driving or in airplanes. Works great. My only piece of advice, do not encrypt the 128 sd card. I have close to 60 gb on the card. It took about 12 hours to encrypt. I am currently decrypting it. I'm at 70 hours already, and less than 50% complete. Live and learn.
    Mr4aces, BerryRipe and ClevelandBB like this.
    07-31-15 10:56 AM
    Classic works ok but I stream them to the BlackBerry Bue tooth speaker and it works great. You can get the speaker from Amazon for $18.

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 likes this.
    07-31-15 11:45 AM
    I use a Z10 with a 32GB SD card. I only have about 10GB of music which is about 78 complete albums and then some single songs as well. Also have about 10GB of music videos on it. The Z10 handles it well. I use it with headphones and over bluetooth in the car. No problems at all.
    ClevelandBB likes this.
    07-31-15 12:29 PM
    I use my Classic for music all day everyday with all my music saved on my SD card and I have no problems at all.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    07-31-15 02:47 PM
    Spotify.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 07:15 PM
    I use the SD card and have transferred all of my music from my library to the card. It works great except that I had to convert all my mp4 files to mp3 format so that I could use the SD card library via bluetooth audio to my stereo in my Passat
    07-31-15 08:06 PM
    Use a 64gb card in my Classic, exclusively for music... It's about half full.

BB7 had a better music player overall (much easier to navigate), but BB10's is passable, and no 32gb sd card limit is an added bonus.

BB10 player works well with m3u playlists if you like to do your own sorting. Only Neutron does a better job, but it doesn't do a good job handling tags when I'm using Bluetooth audio in my car.

As a plus, if you're lucky enough to not be on verizon, you can use the Audio Boost function on the phone when wearing headphones... When i switched to T-Mobile, the function literally reappeared after i rebooted with the T-Mo sim card in the phone.
    08-01-15 04:24 AM
    I use an SD card. Also use other streaming apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 10:41 AM
    I have the rad.io app and there are tons and tons of stations to pick from. I listen to Classic Rock Lounge out of The UK and it rocks, plus my Classic does not get hot.
    Anyone here use their Classic for music?-img_20150801_141250.png

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 02:13 PM
    I never close my music app or turn my bluetooth off since verizon started carrying the Classic.
    I haven't been texting nearly as much as I did before I moved to a different state. Before it was 4k messages a month, now: 200~. My Classic is mainly a media device for the past month. But I've had bluetooth headphones and my car connected for music 30% of the day.
    Couldn't ask for anything better.

Double typin' classicly
    08-02-15 09:45 AM
    Classic works ok but I stream them to the BlackBerry Bue tooth speaker and it works great. You can get the speaker from Amazon for $18.

Posted via CB10
    I've done the same with my Classic and Q - only thing is battery used 25% on Q and 32% on Classic - same playlist of 127 songs - and no heat on either.
    Dedicated 32GB card for music

Anyone here use their Classic for music?-img_20150802_133925.png

Typed or Swyped from the Classic or Edge
    08-02-15 12:39 PM
    Well just like that, the July 31st Neutron update fixed the bluetooth tags problem! Awesome! Always good to have extra choices..

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    08-02-15 03:49 PM
    I have about 10 gigs of music on my classic.

I also use the siriusxm android app. And it works pretty good

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:08 AM
    I have about 10 gigs of music on my classic.

I also use the siriusxm android app. And it works pretty good

Posted via CB10
    Big question here Mr. Recker - you have sirius apk working - do you pay monthly for this or do you have a grandfathered 'online' account? The only place I can stream is on the PlayBook

Typed or Swyped from the Classic or Edge
    08-05-15 07:15 PM
    I use Spotify on my Classic and have music saved offline and have no issue with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 08:09 PM
    Is it possible to sync your SD card to your iTunes, so I don't have to transfer new music manually? I've tried using BlackBerry Link but it never works.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    08-11-15 02:53 AM
    Is it possible to sync your SD card to your iTunes, so I don't have to transfer new music manually? I've tried using BlackBerry Link but it never works.

It works fine for me through Link including the playlists I created in itunes. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Can you describe what happens why you try?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:17 AM
    It works fine for me through Link including the playlists I created in itunes. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Can you describe what happens why you try?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't do anything, actually. It did once, but it added all the music to my phone not the SD card, so I had to take it off. But, every since then, it doesn't work. I'll try it again today, but I've also been having an issue with backing my phone up for some reason. Have you ever seen that before?

08-11-15 08:50 AM
    I've not seen this before. Hopefully others will chime in if they have.
    Is your SD operating as it should? I'm wondering if it may be a problem with it. Do you have another card to try.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:04 AM
49 12