So my classic is beautiful - except for the Q key that doesn't work - so having stupidly bought direct from Blackberry.com (i.e. Digital River), I need to return it. (Dumb as I am, I had not read anything about Digital River before now).

I've just finished a 30 minute conversation with a Chinese lady at Digital River Customer Service who barely spoke English and am still trying to figure out the conversation after she put me on hold a dozen times - during which I chewed my fingers to the bone. She told me a return form would be emailed to me in about 3 days (??) so I said that I would happily pay for the return myself if she could give me the return address? Then I can mail it out tomorrow and get it back to them asap.

She gave me 2 addresses(???):

501 Airtech Pkwy
    Suite 110
    Plainfield, IN 46168

and

2675 Reeves Road
    Suite 190
    Plainfield, IN 46168

Has anyone else had to deal with these idiots and can tell me which (if either) return address is correct? The woman on the phone couldn't tell me if I address the return to 'Blackberry' or 'Digital River'. At the end of the call, she forgot who she was representing...and it took her about 6 seconds to remember it was Blackberry.

Enough said. Replacement will be via Amazon.
    02-11-15 05:28 PM
    Sorry to hear that your device is defective. I had to call customer service because my phone took a few weeks to ship. After speaking to them 3 times, I will never purchase a BlackBerry from them again. If my device malfunctions during the warranty . I will not ship it back. Two options, recycling bin, or sell on kijiiji as is.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 06:27 PM
    Why don't you try phoning again, and you will likely have a different customer rep.? I feel badly when people denigrate these phone reps. At least they are working and not on welfare, and they try hard. I have found Digital River to be responsive --that's where I bought my wonderful phone.
    sbx9900 and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    02-11-15 07:06 PM
    need to phone during day time
    02-11-15 07:56 PM
    Why don't you try phoning again, and you will likely have a different customer rep.? I feel badly when people denigrate these phone reps. At least they are working and not on welfare, and they try hard. I have found Digital River to be responsive --that's where I bought my wonderful phone.
    There may be a communication issue here, but I agree with your point. I just got a Z30 today from shop blackberry. I am hoping that the phone is not defective at all.
    02-12-15 07:14 AM
    My Passport came out of 501 airtech pkwy ,Indiana their phone # on my shipping slip is ..317 707 2355 ,good luck!
    02-12-15 07:22 AM
    Come to think of it ,you should have that info on your shipping slip,hope you kept it ,lol
    02-12-15 07:25 AM
    As Alain_A said, phoning during the day is always a good idea, that way you might get someone in North America working a 9-5 answering your call.

Also, did you get a little card with your device with a BlackBerry phone number on it saying you could call about anything in the first 30 days?
    I would suggest calling this number, in my experience they can be much more helpful than others. Good luck!
    02-12-15 10:05 AM
    I don't care that the work people always over see the issue. Nobody cares what is important whoever is doing the job they are effective and can communicate effectively I don't care about your race creed culture etc but if you read from a prompter and can't understand what I'm asking etc..... sigh

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-12-15 05:03 PM
    Trust from someone who learned the hard way...DON'T RETURN DEFECTIVE UNIT TO DR! Call BlackBerry technical support to get free replacement. BlackBerry technical support is great, DR are just distribution centers for many products who don't give a dayum!!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 05:39 PM
    Trust from someone who learned the hard way...DON'T RETURN DEFECTIVE UNIT TO DR! Call BlackBerry technical support toet free replacement. BlackBerry technical support is great, DR are just distribution centers for many products who don't give a dayum!!

Posted via CB10
    Ha I'm assuming they will tell you to contact DR...

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    02-12-15 05:56 PM
    they are to give you a RMA # with the shipping information on it. I sent my to
    2675 Reeves Road
    Suite 190
    Plainfield, IN 46168
    but that's were my RMA listed to send it so call back and get that before you send it back without it it will delay your refund
    02-12-15 07:38 PM
    they are to give you a RMA # with the shipping information on it. I sent my to
    2675 Reeves Road
    Suite 190
    Plainfield, IN 46168
    but that's were my RMA listed to send it so call back and get that before you send it back without it it will delay your refund
    I can confirm this

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    02-12-15 08:13 PM
    I can confirm this

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    Maybe this is why my new passport has an issue as this is where it shipped from.... The returns center.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-18-15 12:21 AM
    Good luck to whomever has to deal with DR. I received my new Z30 Last Wednesday. Great phone. Plugged the headphones in to try the FM radio. LH earpiece didn't work. (other headphones worked in my Z30). Emailed DR. DR gave me email for BlackBerry Tech. Blackberry Tech asked me to email DR. Emailed DR. DR asked me to call. Called DR. Spoke to 3 different people until they asked me to call BlackBerry Tech!?. Ya... by now I'm getting pee'd off. After 2 more calls and 3 emails Blackberry Tech said all they can do is have me return the phone to DR for credit, and buy another. I asked if I did, would I get the sale price? 2 days later, still no reply!
    Thanks "Steve", in tech support. You sure have effective customer service.
    (I will never buy anything from DR).
    So.... I'm supposed to get an RMS free return shipping waybill emailed to me. I'm gonna send an empty box. Would have been cheaper just to send me a new set of headphones.
    Message to Mr. Chen: you need to have your executive review these rants and see if there is any validity to them. Things need to change. My next corporate device isn't going to be a Berry.

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-18-15 12:51 AM
    So my classic is beautiful - except for the Q key that doesn't work - so having stupidly bought direct from Blackberry.com (i.e. Digital River), I need to return it. (Dumb as I am, I had not read anything about Digital River before now).

I've just finished a 30 minute conversation with a Chinese lady at Digital River Customer Service who barely spoke English and am still trying to figure out the conversation after she put me on hold a dozen times - during which I chewed my fingers to the bone. She told me a return form would be emailed to me in about 3 days (??) so I said that I would happily pay for the return myself if she could give me the return address? Then I can mail it out tomorrow and get it back to them asap.

She gave me 2 addresses(???):

501 Airtech Pkwy
    Suite 110
    Plainfield, IN 46168

and

2675 Reeves Road
    Suite 190
    Plainfield, IN 46168

Has anyone else had to deal with these idiots and can tell me which (if either) return address is correct? The woman on the phone couldn't tell me if I address the return to 'Blackberry' or 'Digital River'. At the end of the call, she forgot who she was representing...and it took her about 6 seconds to remember it was Blackberry.

Enough said. Replacement will be via Amazon.
    This is a copy of the ems I received the other day:

"Please read carefully to ensure that each product is returned to the
    correct location. Once the product is received, your refund should
    appear within 5-7 business days.

Product: BlackBerry Z30 (GSM Unlocked) - Black
    Quantity: 1

BrightPoint North America Brightpoint-US
    2675 Reeves Rd, Suite 190
    Plainfield
    IN 46168
    US"

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-18-15 01:01 AM
    sounds like BB wants to lose customer...and some wonder why a lot of peeps buy an IPhone....customer care is good with them
    02-18-15 01:59 AM
    My return address was Plainfield, IN - I believe it was the Suite 190 one. But I am NEVER ordering directly from Blackberry ever again as long as they have Digital River as their partners. I bought the "clear soft shell case" a couple days after I got my Classic but when I got it it wasn't as clear as the picture shows (it's more white) so I wanted to just exchange it for the black one. Seemed simple enough. No return slip in my box so I called them up. The 1st rep said they don't do exchanges, I have to return it for a refund and then I could buy the black one. Silly, but so be it. I FedEx it to them on 12/31 and they received it on 1/5. After the 5-7 business days had passed I called on the 8th to ask why I had yet to receive my refund. This 2nd rep said I was supposed to call them to give them the tracking number so as to expect the item to be processed! Once I gave it to him he proceeds to tell me wait 5 to 7 more! Once those passed a 3rd call reveals that rep #2 never even processed my information. A 4th and a 5th call wielded more please just wait/it's processing/it depends on your bank (Paypal). I finally got my partial refund on 2/10 - they didn't even have the courtesy of refunding me my shipping. 5 calls, a few tweets and Facebook posts, 36 days (27 business) to process a 21 out of 27 bucks I spent on a case (not to mention the 10 more to FedEx it back). I proceeded to buy the case from Blackberry but through Amazon for even cheaper and free shipping which should arrive in the next couple days.
    02-18-15 01:10 PM
    I feel your pain... and see a pattern, with trying to deal with DR.

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-18-15 02:04 PM
    Update: I received my Fed Ex printable waybill for the return on my BlackBerry Classic. Only problem is I have a Z30. Hahahah haha.
    Never ending story....

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-19-15 01:43 PM
    I said it before and repeat it here as well hoping it helps:

Many major credit cards offer a 90 day full satisfaction guarantee.

Check if yours does.

If yours does not, then get such card for future use. It is a great feature.

It even covers you for damages that are due to your own fault like accidently dropping things etc.
    02-20-15 10:21 AM
    You can contact BlackBerry directly for your returns and exchanges.
    03-14-15 02:14 PM