Hello out there,
    I have used BB since the original classic in Pink came out(years ago). Been through many a bb and one of the issues long ago with the Pink original BB was the charging port. Sometimes it would charge other times it wouldn't and I would have to wiggle the plug.
    I have had my brand new classic for 10 days and for the past couple of days I noticed that my battery life was terrible or so it seemed. Last night I paid close attention to plugging it in to charge and noticed that the little lightning bolt was not lit up and wa la had to wiggle the cord plug(once again) to get the lightning bolt to illuminate so it would charge. my battery was at 5% when I plugged it in last night and YES it was at 100% this morning when I got up.
    I am just wondering if others have had this experience and well, hate to say it, and this is the same issue that the other BBs had once upon a time. I cant be worried about weather my BB charged over night or not as I am on call and need a phone that always charges. I am worried AND do not want to have to replace this phone! I have waited a very long time for this one to come back ......... please anyone tell me if they have had this issue OR this is an isolated incident. I have to use Verizion as my service provider and am wondering if there in lies the issue since we all know that Verizon really doesn't want to support BB at all, so they get a sub standard product. Call me paranoid but I cant find any thread in Crackberry that address's this issue.
    03-17-15 04:16 PM
    I have a verizon classic and I don't have this problem. Are you using the charging cable that came with the phone?

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    03-17-15 04:19 PM
    Best solution is to use wireless charging. No need to mess with the plug. Sometimes I have to adjust it on the pad before the charge icon starts. Anyone else have that issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:08 PM
    Verizon Classic here. No charging issues, but you didn't say if you were using the cord that came with it or some other cord.
    03-17-15 06:07 PM
    I have had the same experience happen to me 3 or 4 times when charging my Classic. It hasn't happen that often, and the few times that it has I've noticed it. When it's happened I just unplugged the chord and then plugged it back in and that seemed to take care of it. This is with the charger cord that came with the phone.
    03-17-15 06:41 PM
    Yes I am using the charging cord that came with the New Classic
    03-17-15 10:56 PM
    Thank you for that idea of using a wireless charging pad. The last thing I need is to not notice if the charge was successful and then end up with a dead battery. I am a little worried now that this has happened due to experiencing this problem before with my other BBs. Thank you for answering
    03-17-15 10:59 PM
    No issues on a vxw classic, wireless is also a great plus, just watch the phone for 1 second to make sure you see the lightning bolt and you are good to go.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 07:19 AM
    I am having the same problem with my replacement Classic too. The first one was doing this and RIM said to send it back and get another one. So I did and the same problem. I also cannot get any Blackberry car charger to work with it, Tried 2 of them. My wife bought a generic one for me at Walgreens that works but worried it might hurt the phone.

Big mess and a 10+ year Blackberry user not happy especially after the track pad in the sun problem on my 9900!..............
    03-18-15 09:53 AM