Hi there!

I did my homework surfing the web trying to find a way to setup my work email (office 365) in my BB10 however it was impossible. I even tried following the steps from the Microsoft support page.

Is the issue related to the BIS deactivation?

PIN: 2C3291DB
    12-10-20 12:27 PM
    Hi there!

I did my homework surfing the web trying to find a way to setup my work email (office 365) in my BB10 however it was impossible. I even tried following the steps from the Microsoft support page.

Is the issue related to the BIS deactivation?

PIN: 2C3291DB
    No since only pre-BB10 hardware using BBOS relies on BIS and that’s 9900 and previous devices.

More than likely your company IT administrator would be the best person to either provide correct settings and/or necessary permissions.
    12-10-20 12:35 PM
    Yeah BB10 has nothing to do with BIS.

BB10 will require you to enable "Less Secure Apps" in you Outlook account. Which usually leads to an app specific password, but it's been so long I can't even find those setting in Outlook. But I know other BB10 users are still using Outlook.

Your only issue could be that it's a work account, and your administrator could have disabled your access to that feature for security reasons.
    12-10-20 03:13 PM
    No since only pre-BB10 hardware using BBOS relies on BIS and that’s 9900 and previous devices.

More than likely your company IT administrator would be the best person to either provide correct settings and/or necessary permissions.
    Thank you for the time. I didn't even k ow that the BIS was before B 10 (shame).

After spending some time on other forums apparently it's impossible to setup the Microsoft account after they moved to the 2FA. So sad...
    12-10-20 08:55 PM
    Yeah BB10 has nothing to do with BIS.

BB10 will require you to enable "Less Secure Apps" in you Outlook account. Which usually leads to an app specific password, but it's been so long I can't even find those setting in Outlook. But I know other BB10 users are still using Outlook.

Your only issue could be that it's a work account, and your administrator could have disabled your access to that feature for security reasons.
    I believe it's my case. Reading on other forums seems like the issue is related to the 2FA. I'm not an expert and not sure if makes sense.

I will check with IT however since is a large company probably that configuration won't be compliance with their policy.
    12-10-20 08:57 PM
    I believe it's my case. Reading on other forums seems like the issue is related to the 2FA. I'm not an expert and not sure if makes sense.

I will check with IT however since is a large company probably that configuration won't be compliance with their policy.
    Yes 2FA is used with less secure apps.... which for a large company isn't a wise thing to support.

In the end BB10 is an old OS that is missing many newer security standards used for web communications by browsers and email clients.
    12-11-20 07:14 AM