I'm vaguely considering the possibility of coming back to BlackBerry with the Classic from my relationship with the iPhone for the last few years. I have attempted several very brief "flings" with the Z10 (well documented) & the Z30 as well...and just couldn't warm up at all to either of them. I went back every time to the sheer simplicity & reliability of the iPhone, because (to use an old BlackBerry quote...) "it just works".

I will admit that my favorite devices have always been BlackBerry. The best was the AT&T 9700, followed by the 8310 Curve & 9900. I've loved the hard qwerty keypad, and the so-called "elitism" that used to attach itself with BlackBerry users. Of course, that certainly doesn't exist any longer.

So...has anyone made the jump? What are your honest feelings pro & con. And yes...I want you to convince me to come back to the Black side with the Classic, or convince me to stay where I am.
    01-02-15 06:51 AM
    I didn't jump per se; but I did get the classic to use along with the iphone 6 (actually have 2). It's a nice companion device to iOS. I wouldn't use it as my only device though. Lack of my company apps on BlackBerry is the deal breaker.

I use the Classic primarily as a communication tool. Love going back to physical keys in an Era of glass!

The trackpad could use some enhancements but that's all. Throw in extra raw power and I'm a happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 06:59 AM
    If you're happy with Apple's ecosystem, stick with it. Only one person can convince you otherwise, and that is you. No harm in staying with what works for you.

That being said, depending on how recently you have used BB10, and whether you installed the latest leaks when you did, it may be a different experience now. 10.3.1 has added quite a few features from BBOS that were missing. However, if you are going to wait for your carrier to release an update...

Posted via BBCB10PP
    01-02-15 07:04 AM
    I have iphone6 and just bought classic, I use both, the only problem for classic now is the number of apps, it is not enough compare to ios and android.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:17 AM
    I've loved the hard qwerty keypad, and the so-called "elitism" that used to attach itself with BlackBerry users. Of course, that certainly doesn't exist any longer.

Had to laugh at this, certainly an iphone embraced by legions of teeny boppers doesn't qualify it as an 'elitist' phone.

I'd say BB still holds that title. US prez, and other high ranking officials, high ranking CEO's and stock traders and other prominent people in financial services etc. Get the Passport. Simply the finest "elitist' phone around.

This is one reason among many why I choose to stick with BB, the fact that the passport stands out in a crowd and isnt another "me-too" phone.
    thymaster and Jrox74 like this.
    01-02-15 07:24 AM
    I jumped ship from iPhone 4 to Bold 9000 and onwards (check my sig) and never looked back since I use my BlackBerry for communication purposes and don't really use much apps. And on top of that, I'm a keyboard and trackpad lover. There's nothing else like it! So it all depends on your own preferences!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-02-15 07:25 AM
    I had the iphone 6 plus and made the jump to the classic. The problem I found was I was use to the large screen of the 6 plus and the long battery life compared to the classic. I decided to return the classic and grab the passport. I couldn't be happier, the battery life is amazing and the screen size is wicked.

I decided to grab and ipod touch to give myself access to iOS and the app ecosystem. With amazon app store and snap on the passport I have access to all the apps I have on my ipod touch so I basically don't even touch the ipod. Once someone figures out how to get Google play services working on bb10 I'll be 100% satisfied

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:27 AM
    And yes...I want you to convince me to come back to the Black side with the Classic, or convince me to stay where I am.
    And who makes the other decisions in your life for you?
    hplovecraft likes this.
    01-02-15 07:50 AM
    And you wonder why some people are called sheep. They have to follow the herd.

Posted via CB10 on the FrankUnderwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-02-15 07:58 AM
    Last two replies- That's funny.
    01-02-15 09:13 AM
    I purchased a 6+ in November. I ordered a Classic from Amazon & used it for 2 weeks before returning it 2 days ago.
    I LOVED the Classic but I couldn't justify spending the money after I just bought a 128gb 6+. I also didn't think I could keep the Classic as my daily driver (hate carrying multiple phones).
    After looking at what apps I really NEED to use I am severely rethinking my decision. I download tons of apps because they're available but rarely ever use them. I can probably substitute hangouts with BBM & try to find an alternative for google voice (business line). Loved it on the 9900.
    I will probably be ordering another Classic later today & trying to sell my 6+.
    01-02-15 11:31 AM
    I purchased a 6+ in November. I ordered a Classic from Amazon & used it for 2 weeks before returning it 2 days ago.
    I LOVED the Classic but I couldn't justify spending the money after I just bought a 128gb 6+. I also didn't think I could keep the Classic as my daily driver (hate carrying multiple phones).
    After looking at what apps I really NEED to use I am severely rethinking my decision. I download tons of apps because they're available but rarely ever use them. I can probably substitute hangouts with BBM & try to find an alternative for google voice (business line). Loved it on the 9900.
    I will probably be ordering another Classic later today & trying to sell my 6+.
    lol! Speaking of making up your mind!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-02-15 11:45 AM
    I think the problem goes a bit deeper than he thinks.

Posted via CB10 on the FrankUnderwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-02-15 12:53 PM
    Anybody coming back to BlackBerry from iPhone 6?-12459549.jpg
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-02-15 01:59 PM
    The feeling is quite mutual, but you see you have already made a partial jump back to the black side, you still love to chat with friends on the crackberry world. I've had too many phones to count, all these other phones iPhone samsung lg, they are just a rebound device for the true love and feeling you miss from the blackberry. I was craving to get my hands on a phone that's warm loved and ultimately professional based in looks feel and function, 6 year olds have iPhones its a toy. The Classic will give you the sense of pride, professionalism and new found love for blackberry and besides it goes with every purse wallet and pair of shoes you own.

I'm vaguely considering the possibility of coming back to BlackBerry with the Classic from my relationship with the iPhone for the last few years. I have attempted several very brief "flings" with the Z10 (well documented) & the Z30 as well...and just couldn't warm up at all to either of them. I went back every time to the sheer simplicity & reliability of the iPhone, because (to use an old BlackBerry quote...) "it just works".

I will admit that my favorite devices have always been BlackBerry. The best was the AT&T 9700, followed by the 8310 Curve & 9900. I've loved the hard qwerty keypad, and the so-called "elitism" that used to attach itself with BlackBerry users. Of course, that certainly doesn't exist any longer.

So...has anyone made the jump? What are your honest feelings pro & con. And yes...I want you to convince me to come back to the Black side with the Classic, or convince me to stay where I am.
    01-02-15 02:15 PM
    I came back to blackberry from iPhone 6 but with the Passport. I don't think it's a good idea do it with the classic. Even with the passport and the Amazon store, etc., there are a lot of apps that doesn't run on BB. I'm happy with my Passport because it works for me much better but all depends on what you need the device for.
    01-02-15 02:32 PM

I'd buy a Passport and upgrade it to the latest leak. If you are coming from an iPhone 6, the screen on the Classic will feel a little (or maybe a lot) cramped. The Passport will offer better call quality, speaker, and multitasking. On the other hand, the Classic is kind of retro-cool, too. Spec-wise, it's pretty close to the Z10 you already tried, but dressed up like old BBOS devices.

I don't know. iOS 8 incorporates a lot of what BB10 offered and if you are an OS X user, I might just stick with the iPhone for things like photographs until the next generation of BlackBerry devices hits.

So, I love Blend, I love Express, and I love the keyboard on Passport (except the keys could be smaller...). But, the BB10 today is closer to the BBOS 9900 you loved. So, if that's what you want, I'd carry two phones.
    01-02-15 06:17 PM
    Had to laugh at this, certainly an iphone embraced by legions of teeny boppers doesn't qualify it as an 'elitist' phone.

I'd say BB still holds that title. US prez, and other high ranking officials, high ranking CEO's and stock traders and other prominent people in financial services etc. Get the Passport. Simply the finest "elitist' phone around.

This is one reason among many why I choose to stick with BB, the fact that the passport stands out in a crowd and isnt another "me-too" phone.
    100 percent accurate! And will continue to grow as people catch wind of the new BlackBerry. It's already happening.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    01-02-15 06:19 PM

I am using iPhone 6 Plus and Classic simultaneously now. iPhone can provide me more entertainment with Hugh quantity Apps that BlackBerry can't. But BlackBerry is also give me the better speak quality, better multitask experience, and better email/hub function.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-02-15 09:07 PM
    And who makes the other decisions in your life for you?
    I do, BUNGboy. Didn't post looking for sarcastic remarks, but lately that's all CB has turned into...especially since BB decided to be all things to everybody, even sophomoric juveniles just like yourself.

I also didn't ask for fanboy remarks regarding the iPhone. Hasn't that been beaten to death?

I was only asking for some comparisons from someone mature & analytical enough to give me pros & cons. But I see that's waaaaaaaaay too much to ask.

I'll just stay where I'm at with superior ecosystem, superior build quality, superior customer service, and superior battery life.

Thanks for the help.
    01-02-15 09:10 PM
    I laughed too at your inability to comprehend a proper sentence. I was referring to the BlackBerry's past elitism, not the iPhone's.

Once again, a cheap shot at the iPhone. Guess that's as deep as it gets for ya, huh?
    01-02-15 09:17 PM
    I do, BUNGboy. Didn't post looking for sarcastic remarks, but lately that's all CB has turned into...especially since BB decided to be all things to everybody, even sophomoric juveniles just like yourself.

I also didn't ask for fanboy remarks regarding the iPhone. Hasn't that been beaten to death?

I was only asking for some comparisons from someone mature & analytical enough to give me pros & cons. But I see that's waaaaaaaaay too much to ask.

I'll just stay where I'm at with superior ecosystem, superior build quality, superior customer service, and superior battery life.

Thanks for the help.
    ^^^^ Someone who ostensibly posts with a "vague" non-interest in returning to BlackBerry but can't resist making a plug for their "superior" iphone in the end. That's what I call transparency, not to be confused with maturity, fanboyism or sarcasm. He's clearly above all that nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    01-02-15 09:30 PM
    i'm thinking of going from iPhone 6+ to Classic and an iPad Mini. I'd ditch the large iPad, my Kindle, my 6 and have 2 devices. One could tether in from the BB. I was an early adopter of both - had the original pager. Got my first mac in '87.

Love BB - cool, keyboard, does what it does and well
    Love iPhone - seamless integration with decades of mac data and apps, lots of fun and social stuff synced across all my Mac devices (TV, desktop, laptop, iPad, iPhone)

Every day I go and sit outside the local BB store and think LOL.

I use my apps a lot when I'm away from home - am not that well and spend hours a day in doctors' waiting rooms and hospitals etc so am loathe to give up the apps and fun part, but miss the BB keyboard.

One thing I'm really unsure of is - I'm so hooked in to iMessage now - how will I move all that over to BB? Presumably, what would have been "blue" and "free" on iMessage will now go across as "green" and "SMS" as long as I'm using the BB - but I wonder if that will show up in my iMessage trains of conversations? Haven't quite been able to get a good answer on that.

Should also edit to add: The other thing I'm hooked on is my iPhone camera and syncing to my iPhoto.
    01-03-15 10:55 AM
    I will be soon coming from IP6 to Classic, but I'm a longtime BlackBerry fan, so I don't think I'll be able to answer your question without a bias.
    01-03-15 11:27 AM
    I had the iphone 6 plus and made the jump to the classic. The problem I found was I was use to the large screen of the 6 plus and the long battery life compared to the classic. I decided to return the classic and grab the passport. I couldn't be happier, the battery life is amazing and the screen size is wicked.

I decided to grab and ipod touch to give myself access to iOS and the app ecosystem. With amazon app store and snap on the passport I have access to all the apps I have on my ipod touch so I basically don't even touch the ipod. Once someone figures out how to get Google play services working on bb10 I'll be 100% satisfied

Posted via CB10
    I think the Google Play store was figured out recently

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/
    01-03-15 11:42 AM
33 12