I can't find the Setting to disable notifications when Bland connects- any ideas? Thanks.

Edit- its the Classic device's Blend notification I'm trying to turn off- the red light on top of the device.
    Last edited by Norcalbusa; 04-28-15 at 05:40 PM.
    04-28-15 12:35 PM
    I can't find the Setting to disable notifications when Bland connects- any ideas? Thanks.
    Click the little gear symbol in the bottom left hand corner of the application (on your PC for example). Once you do that four boxes appear in one large box in the top right corner of your screen. One of them is to turn notifications off. Also from within the app on your phone there is an option to turn off the "connection notification" which is a handy feature.
    04-28-15 01:12 PM
    Click the little gear symbol in the bottom left hand corner of the application (on your PC for example). Once you do that four boxes appear in one large box in the top right corner of your screen. One of them is to turn notifications off. Also from within the app on your phone there is an option to turn off the "connection notification" which is a handy feature.
    Where?
    04-28-15 01:40 PM
    Where?
    There are two ways to get to the toggle. One is to tap the Blend icon to launch the app interface or the second is to ensure it is listed in your pull down short-cut menu. (mine happens to be below bedside-mode and beside battery saving mode) If you tap on the right half of the pull down item it will launch the same screen as the app icon. If you tap the left half you will simply toggle Blend itself on or off. Don't bother with that. You need to launch the app interface. This is the screen that tells you which devices are connected via blend. I happen to have two desktops and one laptop. Just above these connections is the "connection notification" toggle. Toggle it to off and you will no longer receive a notification each time your laptop wakes up or each time you cut in and out of Wi-Fi range etc.. For super security conscious people, you might want to leave it on so that you can quickly disconnect if say someone at home was accessing the computer and you forgot to turn off Blend. For everyone else, off is much nicer.
    04-28-15 02:50 PM
    Sorry everyone, I was unclear in my post.

I'm trying to shut off the Notification (red light flashes on top of the device) that appears in my Classic everytime Blend connects. Sorry for misleading there!
    04-28-15 05:38 PM
    Sorry everyone, I was unclear in my post.

I'm trying to shut off the Notification (red light flashes on top of the device) that appears in my Classic everytime Blend connects. Sorry for misleading there!
    Well I think the answer is the same, if your device doesn't get the notification in the notifications folder in the HUB there will be no reason for your device to flash. You cannot access it from the "normal" profile customised notifications menu. Mine doesn't flash as I have mine off.
    Gordash likes this.
    04-28-15 07:37 PM
    Thanks. On my Classic, from the Blend App interface I found the screen with devices listed for Open Device Connections. At the top of that list is a choice to "Go To Device Connection Settings" (GTDCS), but nothing with "Notification" and that level or within GTDCS once selected. Within GTDCS is "Allow Connections" and a toggle for "Use Mobile Network"- nothing about notification settings.

Again, its the notification in the Classic that "Blackberry Blend is connected" I want to inhibit.
    04-29-15 10:20 AM
    FYI, there is no means of turning off the Blend notification on the device as of yet, if there will ever be.
    04-29-15 10:24 AM
    FYI, there is no means of turning off the Blend notification on the device as of yet, if there will ever be.
    This might be considered a security feature. so that if you are away from your (Work) PC and someone turns on Blend, you are aware. Just a guess on my part.
    04-29-15 11:02 AM
    Right now it is not possible but It is highly likely that it will be eventually, guessing from the feedback of users.
    04-29-15 11:41 AM
    Thanks everyone. Like others, I find the constant notifications irritating- for me, as I move around the building I pass through some dead spots of something, but then the blinking red makes me think I missed a call. I'd rather have a choice to turn them off and the security concern (for me) is far, far down the list.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-29-15 01:31 PM
    Good news! I failed to mention that I am running the Beta version of Blend so perhaps this is the very next feature...

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-29-15 06:35 PM
    My apologies, but you are wrong.

Download the blend beta through BlackBerry Beta Zone app.

Any way to turn off Blend Notifications?-img_20150430_111421.png

Any way to turn off Blend Notifications?-img_20150430_111357.png

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:15 PM
    My apologies, but you are wrong.

Download the blend beta through BlackBerry Beta Zone app.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150430_111421.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	350349

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150430_111357.png 
Views:	272 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	350351

Posted via CB10
    Not everyone is eligible for the beta program...
    And aren't you on NDA about it?
    04-30-15 01:53 PM
    He didn't disclose, he showed pictures so you can see for yourself ROFL...
    04-30-15 02:05 PM
    He didn't disclose, he showed pictures so you can see for yourself ROFL...
    Lmao
    04-30-15 05:11 PM
    Everyone is eligible as far as I can tell. It's a beta app, not a beta OS; so there is no NDA.

1.Download BlackBerry Beta Zone from BlackBerry World
    2. Log in with your BBID
    3. Check eligible beta apps (should see Whatsapp beta, Facebook beta and Blend beta)
    4. Download and install Blend beta
    5. Change notifications settings
    6. ...
    7. Profit

Posted via CB10
    Norcalbusa likes this.
    04-30-15 08:38 PM
    Lmao
    Glad you find that funny, since you don't know what you're talking about either. I hope you're laughing at yourself now too.

Posted via CB10
    Norcalbusa likes this.
    04-30-15 08:45 PM
    Terrific- thanks a million!
    05-01-15 10:17 AM
    Terrific- thanks a million!
    My pleasure.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 12:19 PM
    Glad you find that funny, since you don't know what you're talking about either. I hope you're laughing at yourself now too.

Posted via CB10
    Are you an *****?
    I was laughing at the backwards logic he was implying you have. He was making fun of you in a discreet manner.
    05-01-15 04:11 PM
    Are you an *****?
    I was laughing at the backwards logic he was implying you have. He was making fun of you in a discreet manner.
    Not sure what you wrote that got filtered out; but I do see now that you were laughing with him, I originally thought you were laughing at him.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:47 PM
    There are many programs that have limited slots for beta testers. BBM and Blend, along with the 10.3 beta, are programs that have limited slots for testers so not just anyone can join up. This is probably done so that when it comes to collecting the results from surveys it's actually manageable for the BlackBerry team that is heading up the different programs.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:04 PM
    For those of you trying out the beta, is it any faster? The lag in the current one is pretty bad. Not sure if it's on the desktop end, mobile end, or both...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-01-15 09:39 PM
    For those of you trying out the beta, is it any faster? The lag in the current one is pretty bad. Not sure if it's on the desktop end, mobile end, or both...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    There's still some lag between phone and desktop; and at least for me personally, I can't always push the desktop as fast as I want (texting 20+ numbers in rapid succession) as it just causes the desktop blend program to crap out if pushed to hard to fast.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 04:34 AM
26 12