When the announcement was made that BB10 phones would no longer work in the future, getting a new phone wasn't an option for me, plus I love the Classic, as it is very close to ideal in terms of its form (and in most, albeit not all, respects I liked the BB10 OS better than Android, so as long as the phone kept working I was mostly happy with it). Once I got a job where money was no longer tight, I found myself at sea most of the time, from 2021 into late 2022, so I never really got around to getting a new phone and with limited Internet access, never heard about some of the methods or tools available to do things like what I'm asking about that apparently no longer exist (like the transfer app).

I only just recently have my calls started having issues (SMS, Internet, etc. are mostly still fine and functional) and I had other reasons to get a new phone (need for two sims on one phone, one for work purposes mainly, and my personal one). I had gotten a Titan Pocket, but it is not compatible with the work sim (ATT; my personal one is Tmobile, which worked fine) and I had some issues with it, but the inability to use an ATT sim makes it useless to me.

I recently got a Samsung S22 to replace the Note 8 I had been using for work and the Classic. Other than some issues transferring Whatsapp chats, transferring everything over from the Note 8 was not an issue, which is no surprise. But I want to transfer more than just the pictures and similar files from the Classic to the S22 (which seems quite doable), but I can't seem to find a way to do it and everything I've found either seems questionable or is obsolete, including advice I saw in older threads on this forum. Is there any way these days to transfer texts, contacts, and call logs from the Classic to the S22, or am I just SOL at this point? Can the texts at least be transferred to the computer somehow for reference?

I know I'm late to change over, but it is what it is, no need to dwell on that part. I'm just trying to see where I can go from here when it comes to switching over from the BB Classic.

As an aside, I did find it interesting that recently when in other countries, I've had no issues with calls on the Classic, only in the U.S.
    12-01-22 12:41 AM
    Yes your late... and because of that you missed the BlackBerry Content Transfer boat.

Check out conite's list of currently available apps https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0 Just export in an open format, and then install and Android app to import them.

Contact should be no problem (be best if you use a syncing email account going forward)
    SMS can cause issues, if you have a lot of them. May or may not work, and usually you'll lose attachments.
    Phone Log... nope.
    12-01-22 01:56 PM
    When the announcement was made that BB10 phones would no longer work in the future, getting a new phone wasn't an option for me, plus I love the Classic, as it is very close to ideal in terms of its form (and in most, albeit not all, respects I liked the BB10 OS better than Android, so as long as the phone kept working I was mostly happy with it). Once I got a job where money was no longer tight, I found myself at sea most of the time, from 2021 into late 2022, so I never really got around to getting a new phone and with limited Internet access, never heard about some of the methods or tools available to do things like what I'm asking about that apparently no longer exist (like the transfer app).

I only just recently have my calls started having issues (SMS, Internet, etc. are mostly still fine and functional) and I had other reasons to get a new phone (need for two sims on one phone, one for work purposes mainly, and my personal one). I had gotten a Titan Pocket, but it is not compatible with the work sim (ATT; my personal one is Tmobile, which worked fine) and I had some issues with it, but the inability to use an ATT sim makes it useless to me.

I recently got a Samsung S22 to replace the Note 8 I had been using for work and the Classic. Other than some issues transferring Whatsapp chats, transferring everything over from the Note 8 was not an issue, which is no surprise. But I want to transfer more than just the pictures and similar files from the Classic to the S22 (which seems quite doable), but I can't seem to find a way to do it and everything I've found either seems questionable or is obsolete, including advice I saw in older threads on this forum. Is there any way these days to transfer texts, contacts, and call logs from the Classic to the S22, or am I just SOL at this point? Can the texts at least be transferred to the computer somehow for reference?

I know I'm late to change over, but it is what it is, no need to dwell on that part. I'm just trying to see where I can go from here when it comes to switching over from the BB Classic.

As an aside, I did find it interesting that recently when in other countries, I've had no issues with calls on the Classic, only in the U.S.
    As Dunt says check out Conite’s list, SMS Backup is great for text transfers to Android, I’ve had great success with it.

You’ll need to find the equivalent in the play store then you can just import the file created on the BB10 version, worked very well for me, attachments are a bit more difficult though.
    12-01-22 02:36 PM