03-06-15 05:03 PM
46 12
tools
    I use all 40 buttons in various ways at peak intervals....making "full" use some more than others though /s

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-05-15 12:13 AM
    I never press the little x anymore to close apps, it's much easier and takes no looking to press end to minimize and back to close. I don't bother with the on-screen back button, the physical back button is all I use now, and I also use the trackpad to click on links on non-mobile websites. I also came from a Q10.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    How are you finding the battery life? Have you had any instances where you had to resort to your Q10 battery bundle to keep moving?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 01:46 AM
    So far so good. Just need to spend more time on the tips and tricks on using the tool belt.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    03-05-15 02:31 AM
    I use the tool belt all the time. On the rare occasion when I need to touch the screen I actually feel slightly inconvenienced heh.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:42 AM
    Just in case someone didn't see my post... other than u+enter, or the cumbersome power button, there's no other way to wake up the device without touching the screen.. right?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:09 AM
    There is a option to wake the device when you pick the device up and also you can swipe up on the screen to wake It up also.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic!
    03-05-15 07:34 AM
    There is a option to wake the device when you pick the device up and also you can swipe up on the screen to wake It up also.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic!
    Yea, but I don't want to touch the screen, and I don't like the screen turning on when I don't want it to with the "lift to wake"

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:13 AM
    You could use a OEM pouch or holster. They can lock when you sheathe it, and unlock when you pull it out.

From a Z30
    03-05-15 08:46 AM
    I have that pouch, but I really only like it for when the phone is on the move with me. Once I am home or at a desk, the phone comes out because it's a pain to remove the phone from the pouch when I need it. So I know I'm being picky, but for that period of time when the phone is out, in standby and I want to use it, I'd love to be able to say, long-press the call button to wake the phone. Assuming it wasn't locked.

I mean BlackBerry let's us use the trackpad for the picture password, but to get there I have to use other buttons that break fluidity.

I love the phone, so this is just nit-picky.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:22 AM
    How are you finding the battery life? Have you had any instances where you had to resort to your Q10 battery bundle to keep moving?

Posted via CB10
    Not at all, the battery life is great. I often give my friends a hard time when they are complaining about needing to charge their phones, I look at mine and go "damn, only 3 days worth of charge left, I better find an outlet too..." :-D Of course it doesn't actually last 3 days, usually when I go to check it for that it's after it's been idle for a while, but still funny. It usually lasts me an entire day with plenty to spare. Right now it's been about 17 hours since I took it off the charger and it still has 41% left, and yes, I actually do use it. Made several phone calls today, texted a lot, took photos and sent photos, played sudoku (a lot, slow day at work), did a lot of browsing online, my LTE stays on all day, NFC on all day, no battery saver mode, and still almost half battery left after an entire day.
    03-06-15 02:15 AM
    Every day. Almost exclusively.
    'w' to switch between browser windows, menu button, swipe across homescreens by going up to the status bar and scrolling left or right, alt+u to mark new messages as read, end call to minimise windows, 'k' to lock the screen etc etc.
    03-06-15 03:26 AM
    I've found that over time, since owning the Classic, I'm using the toolbelt as more of a novelty when I'm not actually in any rush to do anything. However most of the time I am still using it like a Q10. The exception is when I use the trackpad to edit text, which is a lot easier.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2267)
    03-06-15 09:14 AM
    I've found that over time, since owning the Classic, I'm using the toolbelt as more of a novelty when I'm not actually in any rush to do anything. However most of the time I am still using it like a Q10. The exception is when I use the trackpad to edit text, which is a lot easier.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2267)
    You're missing out. Holding menu brings the top menu so much easier than reaching up with your thumb to swipe down, end call to minimize and back button to close the app is so much easier than swiping then trying to touch some small little x on the screen, calling back the last phone number is as easy and pressing the call button twice, and there are many others. And strangely, it's not even as much as it could be. Legacy devices had even more things you can do with the toolbelt. I'm hoping for all of those features to find their way back to the OS...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-06-15 09:22 AM
    After coming from the Z10 and it being my first smartphone and BlackBerry, I'm enjoying the toolbelt. I am continually increasing my usage of it and learning the shortcuts. The trackpad is probably the most difficult to learn. Mainly because I'm used to the touchscreen for editing or navigation. I like the square screen for most apps or sites. However, there are a few sites where the screen is really cramped, but that's fine. I can use my Kindle for some of those sites. Overall, I have no complaints with this phone. It's not too heavy. The battery life is great! I don't think I'll use a case or screen protector. I think it'll just add bulk and cramp the keyboard on the sides. The integration of the touchscreen and keyboard is amazing. The vocabulary assistance and prediction is awesome! However, when I use my password, I have to remember to long press alt. So, in short, I'm having fun with the phone and am pleased with my choice to buy it.

The Classic
    03-06-15 10:09 AM
    I also make almost full use of toolbelt. It's so adictictive and easier...
    One question guys: how can I pass in crackberry app to next page in forums without touch screen?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:31 AM
    My first BlackBerry was 9700, so the idea of toolbelt is not new to me. I kinda suffered from on-screen cursors for text editing and patiently waited for track pad. I am trying to use it as much as possible.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:44 PM
    Having the Bold 9900 for a couple years, I was pretty sad when the 10's came out without the toolbelt. Its been months of deciding what phone to get and who to go with as I love my Bold. And I really dont like the look of the passport
    The toolbelt coming back on the Classic is what kept me with Blackberry.
    03-06-15 02:47 PM
    I also make almost full use of toolbelt. It's so adictictive and easier...
    One question guys: how can I pass in crackberry app to next page in forums without touch screen?

Posted via CB10

What about pressing the space bar?
    03-06-15 02:49 PM
    I came from the Z10, and therefore I was used to the gestures. I found the width of the Z10 to be somewhat limiting. The passport is too big for me. Therefore, I moved to the Classic because of the wider screen and a few other features. I personally don't use the toolbelt much other than the call end button. I wish BlackBerry would make an all touch phone in the classic form factor.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:55 PM
    What about pressing the space bar?
    Not work to change pass page in forum, just to scroll. Only pull up touchscreen looks to work.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 04:45 PM
    Not work to change pass page in forum, just to scroll. Only pull up touchscreen looks to work.

Posted via CB10
    Alt+n, or menu button>click trackpad.

Alt+p takes you to the previous page

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and ElGorgon like this.
    03-06-15 05:03 PM
46 12