I tried the Priv and returned it within 3 days. The BlackBerry 10OS is a great OS. The Priv did not have a file manager and the Androis OS is not as smooth as BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I thought the play store had a selection of free file managers?

Anyway, I was quite bummed when I learnt that the Priv is heavier than the Classic (I used a Q10 before that) but went down to the store to try the demo set and was surprised that it did not feel as heavy as the Classic did in my hands; maybe because the weight's distributed more. I had a hard time navigating due to the lack of gestures like what BB10 OS has but I've always liked slider phones (used a 9800 before the Q10). I also like the fact that I could scroll by swiping on the keyboard instead of having to move my hand up to the screen to swipe.

I must admit that there are a number of features that the BB10 has that are missing on Android but I'm keen to give it a try (and still keep the Classic as backup) since I think it's just a matter of getting used to (I had a hard time too with BB10 OS when I first moved from BB6 OS). I also rely quite a bit on some Android apps like Google Maps (BB Maps is terrible IMO) and they don't always work that well on the BBOS. I do think that the Priv is kinda pricey so I guess it's just a matter of sooner or later.
    12-10-15 09:44 AM
    I thought the play store had a selection of free file managers?

Anyway, I was quite bummed when I learnt that the Priv is heavier than the Classic (I used a Q10 before that) but went down to the store to try the demo set and was surprised that it did not feel as heavy as the Classic did in my hands; maybe because the weight's distributed more. I had a hard time navigating due to the lack of gestures like what BB10 OS has but I've always liked slider phones (used a 9800 before the Q10). I also like the fact that I could scroll by swiping on the keyboard instead of having to move my hand up to the screen to swipe.

I must admit that there are a number of features that the BB10 has that are missing on Android but I'm keen to give it a try (and still keep the Classic as backup) since I think it's just a matter of getting used to (I had a hard time too with BB10 OS when I first moved from BB6 OS). I also rely quite a bit on some Android apps like Google Maps (BB Maps is terrible IMO) and they don't always work that well on the BBOS. I do think that the Priv is kinda pricey so I guess it's just a matter of sooner or later.
    Google maps and navigation work fine enough for me. What other features does Android have that make it worth buying a new phone? I think people just get too excited about the idea of something new and can't just enjoy what they have.
    12-10-15 10:07 AM
    Not giving up Classic yet took me 2 years to come down to this phone mainly for the trackpad. The priv is a good phone mainly for the extra apps

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 12:01 PM
    Tried out the Priv...

Almost everything from the OS to the Keyboard is a compromise. Except the camera.

Not worth it.
    velkod likes this.
    12-18-15 06:42 PM
    Google maps and navigation work fine enough for me. What other features does Android have that make it worth buying a new phone? I think people just get too excited about the idea of something new and can't just enjoy what they have.
    The typing voice activated alone is worth the switch. The updated OS fixes a few bugs.

This is the best of both worlds.
    12-18-15 07:16 PM
130 ... 456