I tried the Priv and returned it within 3 days. The BlackBerry 10OS is a great OS. The Priv did not have a file manager and the Androis OS is not as smooth as BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 11:21 AM
    Not me , not interested in Android. Instead, wanna a Silver to go couple with my Classic now

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 11:29 AM
    Requires BIS or Logic Mail. Folks at 9900 forum can likely help.
    Good luck with logic mail I tried that I could never get it to work. The 9900 is basically just for phone calls and text/bbm.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 12:14 PM
    Good luck with logic mail I tried that I could never get it to work. The 9900 is basically just for phone calls and text/bbm.

Posted via CB10
    Logic Mail works fine on all my 9900s. Best discussed in 9900 forum tho.
    12-03-15 12:46 PM
    Lol, nothing better to clear "frog from throat" than a good sipping Bourbon. . Oak tannins breakup double sulphur bonds... Or something like that. Classic sized shot glass makes for a "college days" sized sip! Lol.

Priv's name is unfortunate. Do BB's marketing folks speak English? Slang?? Go figure. How is its "call end" provision? Glass only?? Glass "end" isn't very Privacy oriented, IMO.

Does Priv keyboard provide shortcuts? User customizable? Speed dial? Any way to set a physical shortcut key to "end"?

Ditto spare 99s. I'll carry one as a dedicated pocket calendar for foreseeable future, if nothing else. Smart to stash away spare KB's also.
    Yes it does allow for custom short cuts.

I'm waiting for the OS to get updated so the SD interface works without to much work. Bought 128gb card for music.
    idssteve likes this.
    12-03-15 11:19 PM
    Yes it does allow for custom short cuts.

I'm waiting for the OS to get updated so the SD interface works without to much work. Bought 128gb card for music.
    Using 128er in my Classic. Holds a LOT of music.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-04-15 12:45 AM
    Using 128er in my Classic. Holds a LOT of music.
    Yeah I love my music but dont like being distracted by the phone when playing cards. Here's a picture of my Sony NWZ385 with 2400 songs.

Any Classic owners tempted by Priv?-12346516_892635467532852_5632186544970133766_n.jpg.
    12-04-15 05:45 PM
    Well the Priv (I hate the name) is quality built device. Since it is a little to long for small hands, it seems a little top-heavy. Unless I'm sitting at a table I don't do it.

My analogy of the three:

Think of the 9900 as an everyday drink glass;

The Classic as a thicker and heavy Bourbon glass;

And the Priv as a fine wine glass.

This Android-BBOS might be what is need for other people to move and help BlackBerry grow in the BB10/11.

I fact I'm going to buy 2 spares 99.
    I have two rather pristine 9900's I would sell reasonably. Regards-

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    12-05-15 12:31 AM
    I have two rather pristine 9900's I would sell reasonably. Regards-

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Sent you a PM
    12-05-15 03:30 PM
    I finally got my classic this week and I'm loving it. I would love it even more if it had an android OS. For me that's the only thing I like about the Priv

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 10:14 PM
    I finally got my classic this week and I'm loving it. I would love it even more if it had an android OS. For me that's the only thing I like about the Priv

Posted via CB10
    What a weird comment lol, buy a Priv or android device then
    eggman1987 likes this.
    12-06-15 01:44 PM
    What a weird comment lol, buy a Priv or android device then
    I think they were saying they like the classic form factor and wish it ran android. That's the device they want. But they don't like the priv at all just that it's android that's what I got lol personally BlackBerry 10 is way more stable then all the rest

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    12-06-15 02:24 PM
    Sent you a PM
    Good afternoon, I do not see a PM? Let me know if there is another way to touch bases. I have several OEM leather and soft cases to go with them.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    12-06-15 02:39 PM
    I think they were saying they like the classic form factor and wish it ran android. That's the device they want. But they don't like the priv at all just that it's android that's what I got lol personally BlackBerry 10 is way more stable then all the rest

Posted via CB10
    Toolbelt on Android would be completely useless...
    12-06-15 07:06 PM
    I love the blackberry and have used one off and on since college. The physical keyboard is what keeps bringing me back, but I wish bb10 had the apps that android or ios has. Plus the security of BlackBerry is top notch and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The Priv is essentially the answer to dreams, but the bold/classic design is one I have loved for years.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 07:51 PM
    Good afternoon, I do not see a PM? Let me know if there is another way to touch bases. I have several OEM leather and soft cases to go with them.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    ok sent you my cell nbr
    PM me with your number
    12-06-15 10:02 PM
    Can't remember if I replied to this.
    I think Priv owners will be happy even if not initially.

But 'no' for me. Classic.
    Classic v2 with a bump in power and better/grippier backing is all I want.

2nd place will be following the Vienna and see what comes of it

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 10:13 PM
    No I would never buy the Priv. BlackBerry Classic is all one needs. It's your choice but you will not be sorry.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:19 AM
    Like a lot of people, i need the apps for work and banking. I haul cars for a living and need the mobile app for my bank to deposit cheques, I need the apps to be able to find my loads, book my loads as well the auction house load apps. Side loading doesnt work as they need google play. I currently pack 2 cells to do my job. That is cost prohibitive and unrealistic. I posted my classic on CL today. Gonna run my nexus till the Vienna I guess, I need an otter box style case so no slider. Its gonna be tough, havent been without a bb since the 7 series a long time ago and i despise touchscreens. I am one sad Canuk.......
    12-07-15 01:48 AM
    Like a lot of people, i need the apps for work and banking. I haul cars for a living and need the mobile app for my bank to deposit cheques, I need the apps to be able to find my loads, book my loads as well the auction house load apps. Side loading doesnt work as they need google play. I currently pack 2 cells to do my job. That is cost prohibitive and unrealistic. I posted my classic on CL today. Gonna run my nexus till the Vienna I guess, I need an otter box style case so no slider. Its gonna be tough, havent been without a bb since the 7 series a long time ago and i despise touchscreens. I am one sad Canuk.......
    I use 2 different banking apps to deposit checks and both work fine sideloaded. I don't get what a banking app would need from google play. I guess your banks are secured by the NSA? Lol. That sucks though, I'm glad I could use mine.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-07-15 08:14 AM
    I got to play with a live demo unit- the priv is very very nice to hold, slide, flip etc. The UI seemed very fast and responsive and I thought the keyboard was great- I very much want to get one as soon as verizon gets it!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 11:28 AM
    Not at $700.00 a pop. I use BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 02:46 PM
    Nope... Nothing feels better than a Classic in my hand.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Classic
    Xenolock likes this.
    12-09-15 12:57 AM
    I got to play with a live demo unit- the priv is very very nice to hold, slide, flip etc. The UI seemed very fast and responsive and I thought the keyboard was great- I very much want to get one as soon as verizon gets it!

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I popped into my local At&t to visit my friend. They had the live demo unit. I went over and gave the hardware a once over. The grip on the back is pretty cool. The keyboard spacing for my hands was adequate. However, I did not like the flexing. I've used Android OS for a few years now, so I was familiar with the interface. I think it is an interesting unit that has the possibility of bridging the gap for those who want to make a return to blackberry without sacrificing there app availability. A $499-$549 price point would be enticing to me.

Having said that, My Classic has my heart. For me, it has the best form factor and keyboard. It does everything I need to perform my every day duties. If it had the internal speed and camera (and better photo software) of the Passport. It would be almost perfect. I say "almost" because the second thing would have been a stronger app world (without side loading).

As I've said in the past, We don't need a billion apps. We need strong functioning apps. The best of the best. Maybe they should have conducted real world surveys of what their customers really wanted and needed. Then go for the gold as well as raise the bar.

Blackberry needs to stand for the mark of excellence. Somewhere, someone forgot that.
    12-09-15 07:08 AM
    I played with one in an AT&T store the other day. It was pretty nice, and i'd be more interested once the price comes down.

The biggest issue getting me to switch is actually the keyboard. It's a bit cramped. Not terrible, but compared to the Classic keyboard? Nope. The salesman who helped us (my GF activated her new Xperia Z5 while I was looking) even said "yeah, the BlackBerry people haven't been crazy about that keyboard compared to the other BlackBerries."

The build was lovely, the screen was lovely, and it seemed as fast as any other android flagship. But I'm more likely to pick up an Xperia for $200 less (or a Zenfone for $500 less) and dual-wield than replace my Classic with a Priv.

I think when the Android Hub gets more mature and on the Playstore it will be a winner, though.

From a Classic
    12-09-15 03:27 PM
130 ... 3456