You're misreading what I'm saying. OS X's Finder is simply a better file explorer. Windows Explorer is confusing and cluttered in comparison, but it does have more functionality in more advanced ways than finder. Finder has nicer navigation settings. I use Explorer on a daily basis and have no problem managing it, but Finder is a pleasure to use (and I use it rarely). Let's say Finder takes no effort to navigate, while Windows Explorer is a bit messy, partly because it has terrible icon preview compatibility and no real Quick Look functionality.

Don't get me wrong, I think OS X has turned into a garbage OS since Snow Leopard. But at least all its settings are in one place besides logical terminal functionality. Windows 10 has at least two different settings programs that contain a lot of the same stuff. The disk manager is terrible and still low-dpi. And don't get me started on the registry. It's a bloated OS because it has to support so many different configurations. OS X is bespoke. And even better: Arch Linux. Still, I need 10-bit video monitoring, so I use Windows.

I'm a power user with opinions. I'm talking about simple, built-in, ease of use for regular users. Finder is a pleasure, BB10 File Manager is a pleasure. Windows Explorer...well, I prefer third-party alternatives (though the default has improved with 10). And I have no idea how to navigate ES for Android while maintaining my sanity.

p.s. Let's keep the vitriol to a minimum, eh? It's unnecessary.

Posted via CB10b
    I've used both and honestly don't agree. They are different, but don't find Windows Explorer any bit more confusing. Directories are there, click on them. But anyway, I guess we're all different...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-17-15 04:00 PM
    Might be talking about DRIVING for uber, not calling for a car.

Perhaps but it wasn't clear in the post I replied to, it said work WITH not FOR. That's why I responded with the link.
    11-17-15 04:06 PM
    Perhaps but it wasn't clear in the post I replied to, it said work WITH not FOR. That's why I responded with the link.
    I'm not sure either, I said he might be talking about that. Because the uber app for drivers don't work right on bb10. What am I saying, it doesn't work right on Android either. Mine crashes after every ride, lol.

11-17-15 04:13 PM
    I wouldn't mind it, but I truly enjoy my Classic because of the toolbelt and easy access to my keyboard. By using my trackpad, I've find no reason for a larger screen.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    idssteve likes this.
    11-18-15 09:41 AM
    Defo looking to move over, but awaiting to see few of the glitches get addressed before buying. I enjoy my Classic but few apps i'd like and the bigger screen.

Still have yet see a live or dummy model, but I can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:50 AM
    Not interested in the Priv at all. I am very happy with my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    kevin_233 likes this.
    11-18-15 04:29 PM
    No toolbelt = no interest.
    slagman5 likes this.
    11-18-15 06:44 PM
    I have the classic almost for a year, and I can't be happier with this phone. Not only gets the things done but also is very durable, well built. Having said this, however it's easy to visualize that BB is turning to Android cause that's is its way out of low sales. It's still early to jump in, but in a future, I'm sure that there will be more BB-Android new phones to choose from, in my opinion. So far, I stick to my Classic
    11-19-15 09:44 AM
    Not really, lol

Classic does everything I need it to with the best form factor ever. Curious, but not enough to shell out the $$$ for one.

From a Classic
    11-21-15 03:27 PM
    Got my Classic recently, and this phone is just amazing.
    Compatibility and built. I would like to use it for some time, maybe for more than one and half year as this phone is capable of it.

Though Priv looks great but I would prefer BlackBerry OS 10 over android unless we get that OS for Priv too. Will wait till it gets cheaper if there will be OS 10 for Priv.

Classic all the way...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 05:20 PM
    Clinging onto my BlackBerry Classic for life because it runs BB10.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    11-27-15 03:19 PM
    The tool belt for me is essential, and the phone also looks rather ugly, reminds me of the torch, but the torch looked better!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 08:38 PM
    I am with Slagman5 #ditto I wouldn't leave my Classic for the likes of the Priv although I think it is an interesting idea and may have room for that sort of device as either a bit of fun or weekend phone fling. #Q20wins

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier and J_Apryono like this.
    11-27-15 08:58 PM
    Not really. I might but if I think twice about a device I would usually end up sticking to what I have. Maybe an upgrade to a Passport.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    11-29-15 04:18 AM
    The tool belt for me is essential, and the phone also looks rather ugly, reminds me of the torch, but the torch looked better!

Posted via CB10
    I feel like it's a better time for the Priv than the Torch when it came out, but I'm still sticking with my Classic.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    velkod likes this.
    12-02-15 12:56 AM
    I saw it at best buy today for the first time. Surprisingly light and the keyboard opened and closed, well very surprisingly. It was so effortless and smooth.
    The dummy model keyboard felt weird and phony. I mean I know it's a dummy model but it felt super cheap

Is this what the real one feels like?? I picked it up and really wanted to buy it. As a classic user and absolute lover of this phone and it's pkb. I don't think I can bother with that giant monstrosity they call the Priv

I felt like I'd be giving up a solid phone for a toy. I don't think I'll get it. Not for me personally. I have a 4s iphone if I need apps or w.e and makes for a great music player. Thanks for reading if you did lol kinda just poured outta me
    coffeeaddict305 likes this.
    12-02-15 01:45 AM
    I'm still a 99 die hard. Was only using one phone line with the 9900 prior to the Classic's launch. Used the Classic exclusively for 6 months. Went back to work and took the 99 out and forgot how good it is.

I currently use the 99 as my primary phone and the Classic on a second line. Bought the Priv and love it it does things the Classic can't so, I switch the SIM cards out.

Guess I'm phone poor?
    12-02-15 04:51 AM
    You know after trading my classic to get a SE PP I missed the form factor and received a new classic 3 days ago I know the priv is coming to verizon but I know that the keyboard is no where near the classic I'm sure the priv is a nice android device and I would give it a shot if I was getting an android device. But bb10 has been the most stable os and I need to make call and message point is no not tempted by the priv

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 06:49 AM
    I'm still a 99 die hard. Was only using one phone line with the 9900 prior to the Classic's launch. Used the Classic exclusively for 6 months. Went back to work and took the 99 out and forgot how good it is.

I currently use the 99 as my primary phone and the Classic on a second line. Bought the Priv and love it it does things the Classic can't so, I switch the SIM cards out.

Guess I'm phone poor?
    Lol, 99 still proves best primary phone day after day. I alternate Classic, PassPort and Z30 as backup depending on the day's expected needs. Usually Classic. Two single handed devices makes for powerful "two fisted" simultaneous capabilities.

How's your Priv for single handing?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-02-15 06:50 AM
    I had an 9810 slider and REALLY like the slider form-factor.

I won't move from my Classic due to cost: I'm locked in on a contract and the cost of the PRIV in concert with the cost of the divorce that will happen if I bring one home will be just too much.

Having said that, I would strongly consider going with the PRIV because of:
    1. slider form factor, which I really like
    2. Google Hangouts, which I use frequently for work - on OS10 I can use the mobile site, but it's very awkward

I really want the PRIV to do well, because, frankly, I'm just not interested in any phones besides BB ones.
    Just like you, I love the slider form factor. I loved (still love) my 9810. Love BlackBerry devices with that classic smiley faced shape, especially the Bold 9900 keyboard.

So I feel you there man. But once you try typing on the Priv physical keyboard you'll probably realize that it's just too small, cramped, wrong shape..

It's just really disappointing because I wanted to love the Priv regardless of OS. At this point I think whoever made the old Sidekick phones could release a slider with a more usable keyboard than BlackBerry. BlackBerry screwed up the one part of the phone they should have gotten right.

Someone else pointed out to me that the people at BlackBerry who used to use keyboards like the 9900 are all fired and long gone. The people who designed the Priv keyboard probably never used a classic BlackBerry keyboard.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    12-02-15 07:42 AM
    Lol, 99 still proves best primary phone day after day. I alternate Classic, PassPort and Z30 as backup depending on the day's expected needs. Usually Classic. Two single handed devices makes for powerful "two fisted" simultaneous capabilities.

How's your Priv for single handing?
    Well the Priv (I hate the name) is quality built device. Since it is a little to long for small hands, it seems a little top-heavy. Unless I'm sitting at a table I don't do it.

My analogy of the three:

Think of the 9900 as an everyday drink glass;

The Classic as a thicker and heavy Bourbon glass;

And the Priv as a fine wine glass.

This Android-BBOS might be what is need for other people to move and help BlackBerry grow in the BB10/11.

I fact I'm going to buy 2 spares 99.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 12-02-15 at 11:28 AM.
    idssteve likes this.
    12-02-15 08:46 AM
    I will get the priv as soon as it gets to my country, BUT I will not get rid of my dear classic

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 03:20 PM
    Well the Priv (I hate the name) is quality built device. Since it is a little to long for small hands, it seems a little top-heavy. Unless I'm sitting at a table I don't do it.

My analogy of the three:

Think of the 9900 as an everyday drink glass;

The Classic as a thicker and heavy Bourbon glass;

And the Priv as a fine wine glass.

This Android-BBOS might be what is need for other people to move and help BlackBerry grow in the BB10/11.

I fact I'm going to buy 2 spares 99.
    Lol, nothing better to clear "frog from throat" than a good sipping Bourbon. . Oak tannins breakup double sulphur bonds... Or something like that. Classic sized shot glass makes for a "college days" sized sip! Lol.

Priv's name is unfortunate. Do BB's marketing folks speak English? Slang?? Go figure. How is its "call end" provision? Glass only?? Glass "end" isn't very Privacy oriented, IMO.

Does Priv keyboard provide shortcuts? User customizable? Speed dial? Any way to set a physical shortcut key to "end"?

Ditto spare 99s. I'll carry one as a dedicated pocket calendar for foreseeable future, if nothing else. Smart to stash away spare KB's also.
    12-03-15 07:14 AM
    Have a 9900 too which I used for a couple years, now after 6 months I started but I can't get emails on it. Is there a thing I should know, update etc..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-15 08:02 AM
    Have a 9900 too which I used for a couple years, now after 6 months I started but I can't get emails on it. Is there a thing I should know, update etc..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Requires BIS or Logic Mail. Folks at 9900 forum can likely help.
    12-03-15 09:13 AM
130 ... 23456