We're just phone-alcoholics. I use to think the same way.

The Classic is just to big and heavy for "me" to put in my pocket, so I use a Seidio Surface case and clip holster. The clip holster allows me to answer the phone quickly without dropping the call. The 99 is my work horse, you can use it with dirty hands and in the rain with no worries because the parts are all cheap and easy to replace. So I try to use the 99 as my basic phone during the day. After 6pm I never answer the 99 it is out of sight and out of mind. After 9pm the Classic get put on the wireless charger in my office, also out of sight. I then use the Z10 on Wifi for internet browsing or checking on my accounts while watching TV in bed. Now the Priv will replace the Z10 and the Classic maybe on weekends.

2 phones also separates the contacts.

I'm liking the Priv more and more because of the way it clears the phone out. Everyday I learn something new. Great phone.
    See, I'd just have gotten a Google Voice number as the "second phone", and set up scheduled forwarding. After a certain hour, it simply wouldn't ring on my primary phone. I also am confused why you wouldn't buy something 7-8'' for just web browsing. The Z10 sounds undersized to be a satisfactory web browser.
    11-12-15 08:49 AM
    Nope.. but like the first look of vienna..

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    11-12-15 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry Classic 2:

- passport specs
    - powered by android

That is all.

Edit: on-topic. very tempted by the Priv but it's very big. I'd go for the Vennice but I have the feeling it's going to be underpowered because the Priv is the flagship. Like Passport vs Classic.
    Last edited by werkregen; 11-12-15 at 10:15 AM.
    11-12-15 09:58 AM
    BlackBerry Classic 2:

- passport specs
    - powered by android

That is all.
    BlackBerry Classic 2:

+Passport specs
    +powered by OS10

That is all.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+*
    Al moon, moyah8 and slagman5 like this.
    11-12-15 10:50 AM
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Maybe a tad bit taller screen that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    11-12-15 12:16 PM
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Maybe a tad bit taller screen that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I'd rather it had the same size as the Q10 and also with a removable battery...

Now that would be my device for life.

Posted via CB10 (PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639)
    11-12-15 02:38 PM
    Nope.. but like the first look of vienna..

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    If specs are higher than Classic they could have another winner thou running Android .
    11-12-15 02:59 PM
    If specs are higher than Classic they could have another winner thou running Android .
    is it impossible for them to make a device that gives you the option of loading either OS on the phone, not dual boot but just picking one OS when setting up then afterwards if you wanna switch you would have to wipe your device and start over
    11-12-15 03:15 PM
    Well, since I first answered this post, I have had a chance to try the Priv out at my local AT&T store.

It is impressive! Fast, smooth and I actually really liked the PKB - and found it easy to use.

After trying it out I've decided that I would really like one. I'm not sure I want to pay $700 for it, though. I'll probably wait until I can get it for a bit less. Still, it's a very nice Android phone. I may even give up using my Classic if I get the Priv.
    11-12-15 04:53 PM
    BlackBerry Classic 2:

+Passport specs
    +powered by OS10

That is all.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+*
    +1

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-12-15 09:36 PM
    See, I'd just have gotten a Google Voice number as the "second phone", and set up scheduled forwarding. After a certain hour, it simply wouldn't ring on my primary phone. I also am confused why you wouldn't buy something 7-8'' for just web browsing. The Z10 sounds undersized to be a satisfactory web browser.
    I really didnt need another phone. My main objective is to ease my wife off her Samsung and take over the Priv. Some women dont like changes.
    11-12-15 09:50 PM
    Heck NO, I waited almost four years for a replacement for my 9810 and Blackberry stuck Android in it? What's with that? So got a nice new CLASSIC yesterday.
    DazzlaUK likes this.
    11-12-15 10:15 PM
    Not tempted. Before I got my Classic, I used an Xperia Z3, and before that, Xperia Z. Sony makes really nice hardware (IP68 rated phones), but Android just doesn't entice me. After months of using Classic, I've adjusted my workflow to deal with "lack of apps". I still have my Xperia Z3 with me, it's mostly sitting inside the drawer of my desk at home.
    11-13-15 07:00 AM
    Not here...

Buy one passport SE and a Classic instead of buying a Priv.

If ever Priv has the option of bb10 then will look a it.

Regards
    11-13-15 12:11 PM
    Just got my Classic in September and couldn't be happier....despite the BlackBerry haters! The Priv doesn't appeal to me at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 05:07 PM
    I'm happy with my Classic. The more I read about the Priv, the more I shy away from it. Too many bugs.
    11-13-15 09:12 PM
    I had seen enough to know it's not for me. The hardware and design is of course excellent, but I hate everything about Android. I hate its cluttered toolbar. I hate how it flows. I hate how messages look and the notifications. It's just too cluttered for me, but obviously I'm in a very small minority because android seems to be doing just fine without my business.
    This is my current Priv experience. Clutter everywhere, and there is no flow to the OS. It's completely illogical and actually fights the user. Not to mention navigating the file system is like having teeth pulled...it's a constant battle to find your way around those third party file systems.

I liken it to Windows vs Mac. The OS X Finder is so logical and easy to navigate, while Windows Explorer is really quite cluttered and confusing. Of course I use the latter on a daily basis, but I certainly don't enjoy it. OS X Finder isn't dumbed down, either, there is a lot of great functionality just not present in the Windows Explorer. Heck, there are default Linux file browsers that are pretty great too.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    11-14-15 05:24 AM
    I left Android years ago and came back to BlackBerry. One of the main reasons is that I hate it that those Android app permissions are so intrusive and their settings can't be changed or the app doesn't work anymore. BB10 apps don't have this privacy problem. In the end I have all the apps I need and if an app doesn't allow me to change its permissions the way I like or want the app gets deleted or not installed. So, no thanks to any Android or iOS for that matter, I'll gladly stick with BB10.

CB10 - Passport
    11-14-15 05:40 AM
    I am still on the fence might return the Priv and see how much longer BB10 lives.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:09 AM
    No Classic owner should be, unless the owner covets a bigger screen and/or easy access to a boatload of Android apps, including Google Play services. For a solution, I offer getting an el cheapo Android phone as a secondary device. That way, you can use that for limited purposes, such as media consumption, and never feel you're giving up the better keyboard, toolbelt and BB10 OS that all help make the Classic great.

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    11-14-15 07:17 AM
    This is my current Priv experience. Clutter everywhere, and there is no flow to the OS. It's completely illogical and actually fights the user. Not to mention navigating the file system is like having teeth pulled...it's a constant battle to find your way around those third party file systems.

I liken it to Windows vs Mac. The OS X Finder is so logical and easy to navigate, while Windows Explorer is really quite cluttered and confusing. Of course I use the latter on a daily basis, but I certainly don't enjoy it. OS X Finder isn't dumbed down, either, there is a lot of great functionality just not present in the Windows Explorer. Heck, there are default Linux file browsers that are pretty great too.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get how you find Windows Explorer confusing. The main drives and libraries (which you can customize to whatever you wish) is on the left, the files and folders are on the right. Wow, yah, you need to be a rocket scientist to navigate that for sure...

11-14-15 12:18 PM
    I don't get how you find Windows Explorer confusing. The main drives and libraries (which you can customize to whatever you wish) is on the left, the files and folders are on the right. Wow, yah, you need to be a rocket scientist to navigate that for sure...

You're misreading what I'm saying. OS X's Finder is simply a better file explorer. Windows Explorer is confusing and cluttered in comparison, but it does have more functionality in more advanced ways than finder. Finder has nicer navigation settings. I use Explorer on a daily basis and have no problem managing it, but Finder is a pleasure to use (and I use it rarely). Let's say Finder takes no effort to navigate, while Windows Explorer is a bit messy, partly because it has terrible icon preview compatibility and no real Quick Look functionality.

Don't get me wrong, I think OS X has turned into a garbage OS since Snow Leopard. But at least all its settings are in one place besides logical terminal functionality. Windows 10 has at least two different settings programs that contain a lot of the same stuff. The disk manager is terrible and still low-dpi. And don't get me started on the registry. It's a bloated OS because it has to support so many different configurations. OS X is bespoke. And even better: Arch Linux. Still, I need 10-bit video monitoring, so I use Windows.

I'm a power user with opinions. I'm talking about simple, built-in, ease of use for regular users. Finder is a pleasure, BB10 File Manager is a pleasure. Windows Explorer...well, I prefer third-party alternatives (though the default has improved with 10). And I have no idea how to navigate ES for Android while maintaining my sanity.

p.s. Let's keep the vitriol to a minimum, eh? It's unnecessary.

Posted via CB10b
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 11-14-15 at 10:59 PM.
    11-14-15 10:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with the Windows/OS X analogy.

Windows drives me crazy. Sure, it might be great for people who want to customize their experience, but Windows is just as cluttered as Android is. Now let's sit back and watch all the anti-OS X people give us backlash.
    11-16-15 08:29 PM
    I initially wanted to get the Passport but Verizon doesn't support it. The only reason I might get the Priv is because I need it to work with Uber.
    Have you tried m.uber.com in the BB browser? Works fine for me.
    11-16-15 10:42 PM
    Have you tried m.uber.com in the BB browser? Works fine for me.
    Might be talking about DRIVING for uber, not calling for a car.

11-17-15 03:59 PM
130 12345 ...