After having this phone for 2 days, I still will use the 9900 and Classic more than the Priv. The Priv is nice for things like Google Maps and DishAnyWhere, but for optimum texting and emails the 9900 still works the best for me.

Would not buy a Classic Android but would buy a Classic2 if the specs and camera was updated on BB10.

Of course us 9900 users would rather have a updated 9900 with all the high end specs on BB10.

I think BB10 lives on and more people will switch to BB10 devices once they try it. The image will change and people will "want" BlackBerry anything. More users means more app developers.
    idssteve likes this.
    11-08-15 10:35 AM
    I'm not much of an app-hungry guy. I have some on my phone, but don't really have any "must-haves" that I don't have access to. My phone is a communication device and for that the keyboard and toolbelt serves me better than a million random apps. But that's just me. It's obviously not the same situation for everyone, but for me the answer is no.

The only thing on the Priv I really wish my Classic had was a better camera.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I'm exactly like you. The toolbelt is worth more to me than any app in Google Play.

The only app not made by BlackBerry that I have is CB10. A better camera on the Classic would be welcome, as would any increase in processor, memory, etc. But I had my Classic with me yesterday when I went into the at&t store to check out the Priv, and after spending like 20 minutes with it, I just wanted to wash my hands to get the Android off me. I was so glad to be on BlackBerry 10 on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SK122387; 11-11-15 at 10:57 PM.
    11-08-15 03:26 PM
    Just had a (admittedly short) look at the Priv at the Bell Store. It feels "meh" to me. I like the glass weave back which is similar to the Q10, but it doesn�t have the heft and carved-from-an-ingot feel i'm getting with the Classic. Also the physical keyboard on the Priv seems to have a nice depth to its key stroke but the Classic is much nicer, wider and generally more comfortable.

Upshot? I like the hardware better on the Classic and since I don't care as much as some do about the OS, it's the hardware that will be the deciding factor as it's inevitable IMHO that BB10 is going to go the way of the Dino. So the pragmatist in me says that I can't afford to hold on to what will soon be yesterday's news. I'd be perfectly okee dokee with a BlackBerry running Android if it felt as good as this new-to-me Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:18 PM
    I picked up the Priv and it's missing the native blackberry email client big mistake for blackberry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    11-08-15 08:37 PM
    No. Can't stand big phones. Plus I don't want a contraption with moving parts. Keeping Classic.
    11-09-15 04:31 AM
    No. Can't stand big phones. Plus I don't want a contraption with moving parts. Keeping Classic.
    You tell 'em Sonny boy..... LOL.
    As I said in an earlier post, I bought the Classic for a very good price new and unlocked as a stopgap to calm my lust for the new kid on the block, the Priv. Turns out the Classic *is* the phone I wanted. Brighter, crisper screen than both my Z30 and Q10. Beautiful build quality and great keyboard.
    11-09-15 05:55 AM
    We are always tempted to change our devices to a new one. Thats why the new devices sell. First because we naturally became tired of our devices after a year, second because we have the false idea that with a new device we could do it more and better. Priv is a new and beautiful device, but it is a very different proposal from Classic. For me the trackpad and the PKB always available is essencial for productivity and im hopefull there will be a classic 2 .
    11-09-15 06:09 AM
    Without a toolbelt, it's not exciting to me. I can't stand how inefficient the navigation is on Android without physical return/end buttons. I don't understand how anyone else enjoys having to look at the screen to find the button to do a simple action.

With a toolbelt, you barely move your thumb and you can navigate the entire device.

Then for the times where you want to touch navigate, BB10 is second only to WebOS(haven't used Jolla). Going to Android would be a step backwards. Sure, you can install apps to get some of those gestures back, but typically they only work on the homescreen, or they're buggy as they have to work on top of other apps.

Here's to hoping they release one more "classic" Blackberry before they succumb to the Android demand.
    11-09-15 08:34 AM
    I'm a z10 on TMO going to a Classic. I have no interest switching to Android. Love the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 09:48 AM
    Without a toolbelt, it's not exciting to me. I can't stand how inefficient the navigation is on Android without physical return/end buttons. I don't understand how anyone else enjoys having to look at the screen to find the button to do a simple action.

With a toolbelt, you barely move your thumb and you can navigate the entire device.

Then for the times where you want to touch navigate, BB10 is second only to WebOS(haven't used Jolla). Going to Android would be a step backwards. Sure, you can install apps to get some of those gestures back, but typically they only work on the homescreen, or they're buggy as they have to work on top of other apps.

Here's to hoping they release one more "classic" Blackberry before they succumb to the Android demand.
    +1

11-09-15 11:05 AM
    I can't live without the toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:10 AM
    Quite honestly, I feel tempted to try the Priv but only if its for free or perhaps when it gets cheaper, otherwise I'm just fine and happy with my almost 1-year old Classic which is the best smartphone I've had so far. Also, I still have an initially higher cost but good-working Z10 that I can't even re-sell or trade-in for a decent price - what a shame when considering its initial cost was more than the Priv. Quite frankly, I can't justify spending $699 for the Priv now and I can't imagine myself being any more productive by having one. Instead, I think that I may become much more distracted and pre-occupied by the Android OS and its many Apps, most of which I don't need. Indeed, the Priv looks really good, cool and tempting with all of its enticing new features. However, without a trade-up option similar to Apple it may prove to be a very difficult upgrade choice for Passport and Classic users like myself.
    11-09-15 12:49 PM
    I'm curious, but I'm giving it a pass... I'm going to run with the passport... I have the Classic for work... Z30 for personal, which my contract has expired so me thinks it's the Passport... :-) Upgrade time...

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:56 PM
    No OS10 = no Priv for me.

The hardware itself is stunning!
    But Android is a killer for me!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:29 PM
    I had an 9810 slider and REALLY like the slider form-factor.

I won't move from my Classic due to cost: I'm locked in on a contract and the cost of the PRIV in concert with the cost of the divorce that will happen if I bring one home will be just too much.

Having said that, I would strongly consider going with the PRIV because of:
    1. slider form factor, which I really like
    2. Google Hangouts, which I use frequently for work - on OS10 I can use the mobile site, but it's very awkward

I really want the PRIV to do well, because, frankly, I'm just not interested in any phones besides BB ones.
    11-09-15 03:36 PM
    Nope.

I'm more tempted by my Bold 9780!

Posted via CB10 (PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639)
    Slash82 likes this.
    11-09-15 03:47 PM
    The name "Android" and "Lollipop" are so Busch league too. Can't take an OS with names like that seriously. I admit it has more apps but I couldn't care less. My phone is for efficient communications, productivity and as an organizer. I can read news,sports, weather and relevant videos. I can take, send and receive pics too. Make and receive calls with one button! It does all that just fine AND I can use it with one hand with a lot of one button shortcuts. My experience with others requires two hands.....which is too much work. So the priv....or Android or IOS.... no thanks......
    moyah8 likes this.
    11-09-15 05:45 PM
    The biggest thing that I don't like as a move to Android is that to cater to the idiots who use iPhone and Android, they have to make the phone thinner and lighter and therefore flimsy. Probably my favourite thing about BlackBerry hardware is that there is still sturdy. You can drop their phones without having to worry about the screen smashing. I'll never understand why people think lighter, thinner phones are a good thing. An 'upgrade'

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-09-15 08:21 PM
    I'm exactly like you. The toolbelt is worth more to me than any app in Google Play.

The only app not made by BlackBerry that I have is CB10. A better camera on the Classic would be welcome, as would any increase in processor, memory, etc. But I had my Classic with me yesterday when I went into the at&t store to check out the Priv, and after spending like 20 minutes with it, I just wanted to wash my hands to get the Android off me. I was so glad to be on BlackBerry 10 on my Classica.. @HillaryClinton

Posted via CB10
    There is no way you can appreciate the Priv in less than 1 or 2 days. I thought the same thing when I first opened the box. There are so many things you will not find until you use it a few days. The longer I have it the more I like it. Having 4 BB's makes the choice more difficult. But I think it will be used as follows:

Work and primary phone: 9900
    Second phone: Classic
    Wifi at home: Priv or Z10

What makes it really nice is the SIM cards on ATT are interchangeable
    11-11-15 08:51 AM
    There is no way you can appreciate the Priv in less than 1 or 2 days. I thought the same thing when I first opened the box. There are so many things you will not find until you use it a few days. The longer I have it the more I like it. Having 4 BB's makes the choice more difficult. But I think it will be used as follows:

I have no idea how people manage so many devices and how they don't go insane from the constant shuffling around. Isn't it mentally exhausting? I have one phone. Only recently did I get a tablet, but only so that I could connect to the programmable computer in my car, and even then I find touching the screen to be cumbersome so I bout a keyboard/mouse for it.

Unless Android adopts the touch-focused fluidity of BB10/Jolla/WebOS, it will always feel clunky to operate.
    11-11-15 09:05 AM
    I have no idea how people manage so many devices and how they don't go insane from the constant shuffling around. Isn't it mentally exhausting? I have one phone. Only recently did I get a tablet, but only so that I could connect to the programmable computer in my car, and even then I find touching the screen to be cumbersome so I bout a keyboard/mouse for it.

Unless Android adopts the touch-focused fluidity of BB10/Jolla/WebOS, it will always feel clunky to operate.
    I was thinking about getting a Bluetooth keyboard for my Nexus 7 tablet. But then I found the Blue Touch Pad app available for less than a buck in Blackberry World. Pair the awesome keyboard of the Classic with the screen size of the Nexus, bingo! ☺ No need for a Bluetooth keyboard. Very similar to Blackberry Bridge. Obviously it's not perfect as having an actual keyboard/mouse, but I've enjoyed using it. Takes me back to my 9930/Playbook days ☺

That being said, it's a wait and see for me regarding the Priv. Since I have a Nexus 7 tablet and recently received the Lollipop update, I have no real urge to get a Priv. I love my Classic. Any apps I don't have on the Classic I can get on my Nexus. Now, when the time comes that Google decides to retire/not support the Nexus 7, hopefully the Priv will have worked out its initial bugs and/or a BB10 equivalent comes out and I can decide to just get a Priv and use that as my tablet/phone. Until then, I plan on using my Classic for a while.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    idssteve likes this.
    11-11-15 09:24 AM

I guess we're all different, but I'm kind of like you. I have one device and wouldn't want to bother with switching back and forth between devices...

11-11-15 10:27 AM
    I guess we're all different, but I'm kind of like you. I have one device and wouldn't want to bother with switching back and forth between devices...

Different folks ya kno. I also find switching back & forth troublesome but really love dual devices. Each with their own line. Great for looking things up, editing excel & calendar, and communicating with coworkers on one device while simultaneously communicating with client in other hand. I keep coworkers, family, management, vendors, & some clients directed to 9900. Clients are mostly directed to Classic.

Migrating from call screen to multitask a single Classic (or other device) can lead into "call end" uncertainties, for example. Carrying both activated devices mitigates the need to migrate away and is better than carrying spare batteries, also. IMO. Not for everyone but I highly recommend trying it if you ever get the chance.
    11-11-15 11:37 AM

We're just phone-alcoholics. I use to think the same way.

The Classic is just to big and heavy for "me" to put in my pocket, so I use a Seidio Surface case and clip holster. The clip holster allows me to answer the phone quickly without dropping the call. The 99 is my work horse, you can use it with dirty hands and in the rain with no worries because the parts are all cheap and easy to replace. So I try to use the 99 as my basic phone during the day. After 6pm I never answer the 99 it is out of sight and out of mind. After 9pm the Classic get put on the wireless charger in my office, also out of sight. I then use the Z10 on Wifi for internet browsing or checking on my accounts while watching TV in bed. Now the Priv will replace the Z10 and the Classic maybe on weekends.

2 phones also separates the contacts.

I'm liking the Priv more and more because of the way it clears the phone out. Everyday I learn something new. Great phone.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 11-11-15 at 07:30 PM.
    11-11-15 07:19 PM

I had seen enough to know it's not for me. The hardware and design is of course excellent, but I hate everything about Android. I hate its cluttered toolbar. I hate how it flows. I hate how messages look and the notifications. It's just too cluttered for me, but obviously I'm in a very small minority because android seems to be doing just fine without my business.
    11-11-15 10:58 PM
130 1234 ...