I spent a few hours on the phone with various BlackBerry folks and they confirmed that only the Z30 and Passport have those, and the Paratek antenna was only available to the Z30.

It seems to me that those features would complete the Classic and I don't understand why Blackberry left those out.

The Paratek antenna actually works; picks up cell signal in my office building where the iPhones fail miserably.
    02-22-15 09:42 AM
    Who said the Classic didn't have Natural Sound?

Regarding Paratek, that's a hardware solution so if it's not built in, then it won't get it. Also, I assume the price point of the Classic makes it cost-prohibitive to add all the bells and whistles.
    02-22-15 10:37 AM
    If I am not wrong, even the Passport uses paratek antenna.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:51 AM
    The Classic has only one speaker. I thought Natural Sound uses dual speakers like those on the Passport and Z30?

Who said the Classic didn't have Natural Sound?

Regarding Paratek, that's a hardware solution so if it's not built in, then it won't get it. Also, I assume the price point of the Classic makes it cost-prohibitive to add all the bells and whistles.
    02-22-15 11:18 AM
    No, it does not. If it does, it would be on Blackberry's marketing materials and their web site. My coworker has the new Passport and he's not able to pick up cell signal in our office building. He's thinking of returning the Passport and just wait for the next version release. I had the Z30 and I could pick up really strong signal. I had to return the Z30 because it doesn't support the AT&T LTE bands in my area. I could only get 4G signal, which is not fast enough for my needs.

That Paratek antenna or whatever technology is no joke. It actually works. I wish the company leverages this technology across all their devices.

If I am not wrong, even the Passport uses paratek antenna.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:24 AM
    The Passport does have Paratek antenna, and seems like no chance the classic will get it, maybe Classic 2.
    02-22-15 11:55 AM
    I read a previous thread on the Classic, and it was stated that the Classic does have a Paratek antenna. I will search and see if I can confirm this.
    02-22-15 12:19 PM
    No, it does not. If it does, it would be on Blackberry's marketing materials and their web site. My coworker has the new Passport and he's not able to pick up cell signal in our office building. He's thinking of returning the Passport and just wait for the next version release. I had the Z30 and I could pick up really strong signal. I had to return the Z30 because it doesn't support the AT&T LTE bands in my area. I could only get 4G signal, which is not fast enough for my needs.

That Paratek antenna or whatever technology is no joke. It actually works. I wish the company leverages this technology across all their devices.
    Your co-worker may want to play around with the network mode settings. Carrier signal strength can vary depending on those settings. I live in a mountainous area and have had to adjust my default network mode to ensure a solid signal.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:48 PM

This is meaningless and doesn't prove that the Passport doesn't have a Paratek antenna. It could be that they both have it but the Z30's construction allows it to have a better signal or it could be that the internal antenna inside the Z30 is larger or the Passport's steel frame and larger battery slightly affects the signal strength or the radio stack versions are not the same.
    02-24-15 11:16 AM
    This has been discussed before in these forums and elsewhere.
    Both the Classic and the Passport take advantage of Paratek antenna technology. I believe, but could be wrong, that the Passport uses an active Paratek technology like the Z30, while the Classic use a passive solution. Correct me if wrong.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:18 PM
    It has paratek 100% sure
    02-26-15 04:55 PM
    According to the official Classic website, it has Natural Sound technology:

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones.../overview.html

As far as the Paratek antenna is concerned, I'm pretty sure that the Classic has it. It gets the exact same signal strength as my Z30, even in low-signal areas. I was worried about the Classic's reception when I bought it because I work in an area where most phones have a lot of reception problems. But my fears were not warranted, as the Classic is just as good as the Z30 as far as I have seen.

From a Classic
    03-11-15 12:23 PM