Hi,

I've been trying to find an answer to this question: Will the Classic be released in a Nordic version like the Q10 - with Scandinavian characters on the keyboard? Does anyone know?
    I think it would be a deal breaker for me if they didn't release a nordic version.

Thanks
    07-06-14 09:16 PM
    BB10 is BB10, I cant see why it wouldn't be part of the OS on the Classic.
    07-06-14 10:04 PM
    BB10 is BB10, I cant see why it wouldn't be part of the OS on the Classic.
    How do you exactly think physical keys work?
    07-06-14 10:10 PM
    I think it wouldn't be with Nordic.

I now also have Nordic keys on my Q10, but they are so meaningless, because it doesn't work as intended with the OS 10.

You don't need them actually.. I have disabled Nordic function from settings, because I have to wait 1-2 second every time I used the orange keys , and ...

BlackBerry 10 OS is designed in a such way, that you don't need them... you can just use A instead of orange and , and O instead of orange , then the intellectual keyboard dictionary knows and suggests the right words.

It works really quick for me. I wasted my money, with paying extra for those orange nordic keys, cause they don't work as intended with the orange right shift key. I could have bought the phone cheaper without them.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:21 AM
    Sorry to bother. What's Nordic? Is it the keyboard layout with a different characters on the key?

BlackBerry 10 - it takes courage to be one of the few
    07-08-14 06:01 PM
    Yes, there are actually five nordic characters which exist in addition to the standard 26-character alphabet. Danish and Norweigian use one set of three characters, and Swedish and Finnish use another. There is an overlap between the two groups of one character.
    07-09-14 06:29 AM
    I think it wouldn't be with Nordic.
    I have the same suspicion, unfortunately.

I now also have Nordic keys on my Q10, but they are so meaningless, because it doesn't work as intended with the OS 10.

You don't need them actually.. I have disabled Nordic function from settings, because I have to wait 1-2 second every time I used the orange keys �, � and �...

BlackBerry 10 OS is designed in a such way, that you don't need them... you can just use A instead of orange � and �, and O instead of orange �, then the intellectual keyboard dictionary knows and suggests the right words.

It works really quick for me. I wasted my money, with paying extra for those orange nordic keys, cause they don't work as intended with the orange right shift key. I could have bought the phone cheaper without them.
    Although I agree with you that the Nordic version doesn't work perfectly, far from it, I still believe it is a far better solution to double-press the orange keys than to hold in the letters A and O - wait a second and then having to touch the screen to get the Scandinavian characters you need. Such things shouldn't be necessary in a full QWERTY device, in my opinion.

Yes, the word prediction in BB OS 10 is awesome, but it doesn't work everywhere, and word prediction will never be perfect.
    07-09-14 01:34 PM
    I have the same suspicion, unfortunately.

Although I agree with you that the Nordic version doesn't work perfectly, far from it, I still believe it is a far better solution to double-press the orange keys than to hold in the letters A and O - wait a second and then having to touch the screen to get the Scandinavian characters you need. Such things shouldn't be necessary in a full QWERTY device, in my opinion.

Yes, the word prediction in BB OS 10 is awesome, but it doesn't work everywhere, and word prediction will never be perfect.
    Are you from Denmark? I am. I don't know about how it works with Norwegian or Swedish dictionary, but I'm actually not doing that exercise with holding A or O down neither... I just use A and O instead of those orange keys, and it predicts and autocorrect (if you press space bar after, you get the word suggested with green color) the right words %98 of the time.

Just renember to change keyboard settings away from 'qwerty_nb' to 'QWERTY' in your keyboard language (Norwegian, Swedish or Danish).

Try it ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 05:47 AM