After buying the passport and loving it, I purchased a classic.
    My expectation was to use the classic during the week for work, and then use the passport on the weekends for mostly entertainment, with a dusting of intermittent work.
    Well, that has turned into using the classic pretty much full time, and ignoring the beast called passport.
    I have spent the past week with the classic by my side, and have come to not really miss the high-octane power of the passport. I am in no way knocking the passport as its a great, powerful device with an amazing screen, but it seems that the classic is much more productive for me.

I still like the passport, and can't come to grips with selling it, but I'm using the classic so much more, I almost feel bad letting the passport sit for sporadic needs on the weekend, if I change back at all.
    I guess it's a double edge sword,as in, if I sell it, there WILL be something I need it for shortly thereafter, and then I will want to procure another one(the wife will LOVE that proposition)

Anyone else stuck in this conundrum?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:03 AM
    I can solve it for you by providing my shipping address
    04-17-15 11:12 AM
    You can provide your shipping address if you like. However I can't be held responsible for what you may or may not receive at said mailing address :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:38 PM
    I guess the decission between Classic and Passport is a big 1st world problem for many BlackBerry fans out there. Just like you I got the Passport first, started having my gripes with it and bought the Classic. I fell in love immediatly and used as my daily driver. Wanted to sell the Passport, but a mix of doubts and lazyness prevented me from doing it.

Switched my main SIM back in the Passport three or four weeks ago and just recently I put it back in the Classic. It's difficult stating which device is better, both have their very own benefits and I can't really make out which one suits my needs best. As for now I decided to keep both of them and maybe exchange the Classic for a new one because it starts showing creaking buttons and keys after such a short time.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:05 PM
    Don't sell your passport! I just got a classic a few days ago. My passport is my at home tablet.
    04-17-15 01:10 PM
    You say "first world problem" like it's a bad thing LOL.

Yes, there are many more people in the world with bigger problems other than "what device to use for work vs weekend use". But I work for my money damnit. It's not like I'm a Karsdashian......

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 02:49 PM
    I can sympathize with the OP. Last week I went and tried a BlackBerry Passport. While I loved the incredible battery life and performance, I found the device somewhat awkward to use unless it was with two hands. I ended up returning the Passport for the Classic, which I am typing this on right now.

Pretty sure I'll be keeping the Classic!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:23 PM
    I only have the classic. Been dying to test drive the passport. Pretty impossible here in Edinburgh though.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:22 AM
    I wouldnt mind picking up the classic but I can wait til they drop in price. Or maybe if someone wants to trade me for my 9900 and Q10 with all the trimmings and extras

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-24-15 12:59 AM
    Classic is the Best pocket-able device BB has at present however I hear the silver Passport call my name every once in a while .Weird
    OrdinaryMOE likes this.
    08-24-15 06:37 AM
    The size killed the passport for me I switched back to the classic this week.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:53 AM
    You can always do what I did... I went back to using the Z10 a my 'daily driver' which, in this case, simply means as my phone.

I went a got a data-only plan for my Passport and use it daily for any email message or browsing that I need to do. My Z10 is really just used for phone calls, texts, and previewing email messages. The Passport is for everything else. I can see how the Classic could be a bit more tempting to use as an 'everything' device than the Zed but, personally, I really like dual wielding and it might even keep me from being swayed by the Slider once it comes out. For a little while, at least.
    08-24-15 09:25 AM
    I picked up a classic in the marketplace here about a week and half ago. I intended to just try it for a week and make a decision between it and the passport I've had since last year. At this point I only miss the idea of my passport.

Gonna give it a week or two more and then I might be selling the passport and this black classic to get the blue one.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:06 AM
    Foe me, only one can replace the other. And the other can only replace the one......often.
    08-24-15 10:25 AM
    I have a Classic and a Passport SE and I find that I use the Classic about 85% of the time. It is just so much easier to slip into a pocket.

I also tend to miss the track pad, the extra row on the keyboard and some of the Alt functions whenever I switch to the Passport.

The Passport is an amazing and very unique device, but due to the form factor, I struggle to integrate it into my work flow. The Classic is a much better daily driver for me...no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:33 AM
    Surely there must be a passport demo unit in an Edinburgh carphone warehouse!! There is a classic and passport in the Carlisle branch. Maybe your just that bit to far north.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:39 PM
    Surely there must be a passport demo unit in an Edinburgh carphone warehouse!! There is a classic and passport in the Carlisle branch. Maybe your just that bit to far north.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:40 PM
    I only have the classic. Been dying to test drive the passport. Pretty impossible here in Edinburgh though.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:42 PM
    I have had my ATT Passport for a few weeks and love it and I replaced my Verizon Z30 for it.

I then decided to see if I could trade my Z30 for a almost new Classic and did a even trade for it from a fellow CB member and I got it Saturday and finally got it all set up today the same as my Passport.

My Passport will be my Driver and Classic will be the spare BB
    08-24-15 05:43 PM
    Classic is the Best pocket-able device BB has at present however I hear the silver Passport call my name every once in a while .Weird
    We have the same issue, and it's hard not answering the call.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    08-24-15 09:04 PM