Can anyone tell me how to disable the blue coloured shade that comes every time while using track pad. Sometimes it is useful but most of the times it is very annoying, for example while using Twitter, crackberry, or other such apps.
    Does anyone else face this issue or finds it convenient??

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 01:19 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to disable the blue coloured shade that comes every time while using track pad. Sometimes it is useful but most of the times it is very annoying, for example while using Twitter, crackberry, or other such apps.

Posted via CB10
    How else will you know where is the cursor?
    A Browser like cursor throughout the OS and apps isn't possible I believe (at least not anymore) and would have really slowed down scrolling.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 02:40 AM
    I am mentioning only for the twitter and crackberry like apps. Otherwise for the browser, it's totally fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 05:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with you. I am a passport user but just bought a brand new blue classic. While scrolling with trackpad in apps such a crackberry and some other apps, it highlights the posts with blue shade and Is very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 10:38 PM
    I agree it can be annoying, especially in apps like iGrann (native Instagram client). As I scroll through my feed it highlights the entire photo, giving it a blue tint and ruining the whole experience.

The trackpad is very useful for many things, but it's obvious it was added back into BB10 after the fact.

Posted from my  Classic
    09-20-17 10:48 PM
    just got a classic. how do we get rid of this? it ruins igrann. i'd like to disable the trackpad entirely...it is 'pointless' ...

Posted via CBX
    10-14-17 09:05 AM
    just got a classic. how do we get rid of this? it ruins igrann. i'd like to disable the trackpad entirely...it is 'pointless' ...

Posted via CBX
    Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast.
    10-14-17 09:28 AM
    You could just not use it for scrolling in those apps that it causes more annoyance... the spacebar scrolls the screen too. And the touchscreen still works just as well as any other (*every* other?) device without a trackpad...

If you go to the doctor and tell him that you get dizzy when you spin in circles, what do you think he might say?

The trackpad has some great uses but, personally, scrolling was never the best one. The is the pro / con of capacitive keyboard vs trackpad. One is better for scrolling while the other is better for when you need a more precise cursor. The Classic has the latter benefit.

One can only hope that they bring it all together eventually. Trackpad built in to the spacebar of the KEYtwo? Yes, please!
    10-14-17 09:41 AM
    Yes it is annoying but as one user stated just use the screen when scroling CB or instagram like apps. I prefer to not see this blue tint but I love my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 09:58 AM
    You could just not use it for scrolling in those apps that it causes more annoyance... the spacebar scrolls the screen too. And the touchscreen still works just as well as any other (*every* other?) device without a trackpad...

If you go to the doctor and tell him that you get dizzy when you spin in circles, what do you think he might say?

The trackpad has some great uses but, personally, scrolling was never the best one. The is the pro / con of capacitive keyboard vs trackpad. One is better for scrolling while the other is better for when you need a more precise cursor. The Classic has the latter benefit.

One can only hope that they bring it all together eventually. Trackpad built in to the spacebar of the KEYtwo? Yes, please!
    In iGrann it makes no difference whether you use the trackpad, screen, or spacebar. The blue overlay automatically hovers over whatever you're viewing. This may be the fault of the app itself and not the OS, but it's still annoying.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    10-14-17 10:53 AM
    I agree it can be annoying, especially in apps like iGrann (native Instagram client). As I scroll through my feed it highlights the entire photo, giving it a blue tint and ruining the whole experience.

The trackpad is very useful for many things, but it's obvious it was added back into BB10 after the fact.

Posted from my  Classic
    Holy CRAP. I thought you were gone from the forums. I haven't seen you pop up in a while!! Lol

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    10-14-17 11:37 AM
    In iGrann it makes no difference whether you use the trackpad, screen, or spacebar. The blue overlay automatically hovers over whatever you're viewing. This may be the fault of the app itself and not the OS, but it's still annoying.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    I haven't used my Classic in months but if I remember correctly, if you used the spacebar first without touching the trackpad, the blue highlight wouldn't appear. I could be wrong with this.

10-14-17 11:40 AM
    I haven't used my Classic in months but if I remember correctly, if you used the spacebar first without touching the trackpad, the blue highlight wouldn't appear. I could be wrong with this.

By golly, I think this method works! Don't touch the trackpad or screen and spacebar or N will advance without highlighting. Thanks for the tip!

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    10-14-17 11:48 AM
    By golly, I think this method works! Don't touch the trackpad or screen and spacebar or N will advance without highlighting. Thanks for the tip!

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    No worries. It was something that I noticed by accident one day. I always used to scroll iGrann with N or the spacebar.

10-14-17 11:51 AM
    ..has nothing to do with touching the trackpad. if you touch the screen to reveal poster info or give a like, it starts happening again. i found that going into the DM menu and then backing out again puts the pointer on the envelope and you can continue scrolling until you touch the screen again...like say, to reveal the rest of a non-square photo. i wish Adrian would come back from the dead and fix this along with the spacebar scroll alignment issue....

Posted via CBX
    10-14-17 03:38 PM
    ..has nothing to do with touching the trackpad. if you touch the screen to reveal poster info or give a like, it starts happening again. i found that going into the DM menu and then backing out again puts the pointer on the envelope and you can continue scrolling until you touch the screen again...like say, to reveal the rest of a non-square photo. i wish Adrian would come back from the dead and fix this along with the spacebar scroll alignment issue....

Posted via CBX
    Yes, it sounds like something to so with the app itself because, in most cases, this won't happen unless you use the trackpad. Similarly to how when you are in the browser and the cursor won't appear until you move the trackpad.

Hopefully the developer will do something to optimize it further for the Classic but it's hard to fault him as he's already somewhat of a hero for making a native instagram solution for us.
    10-14-17 04:54 PM
    he is a hero of sorts but a new release would make him a golden god. i use the pro version, btw. the only insta-experience without ads. the official client has become intolerable.

Posted via CBX
    10-14-17 05:30 PM