Can someone explain to me how to get facebook messenger on my working or an alternative? I got the playstore up and successfully have Google maps running but I can't get fb mssngr working. This is my first day with my classic. I'm coming from a note 4

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:37 PM
    Install this (unfortunately newer versions won't work):

Messenger v25.0.0.17.14:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/faceboo...-apk-download/
    03-18-16 08:31 PM
    That install works, then make sure you swipe from the top and choose the "zoom out" option.. if your eyes are ok.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 08:49 PM
    Hey thanks a lot. Kind of sad chat heads dont work tho do you have the latest Facebook I can use on my device as well? Is there a repository somewhere on the forums where people have a list of popular apps?
    03-19-16 03:16 AM
    What are chat heads?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-19-16 11:00 AM
    What are chat heads?

When you get a incoming message on Messenger for Android a little floating head will appear on your homescreen that you can click on and quick reply.
    03-19-16 11:14 AM
    When you get a incoming message on Messenger for Android a little floating head will appear on your homescreen that you can click on and quick reply.
    Oh, so like our toast notifications that we get for anything coming into the hub? Ok, gotcha. I always turned it off for facebook messages anyway so I'm good with it not working, haha.

03-19-16 01:48 PM
    is the voice/video call still working for Messenger v25.0.0.17.14?? can't seem to work on my BB Classic...
    04-15-16 03:26 AM
    Oh, so like our toast notifications that we get for anything coming into the hub? Ok, gotcha. I always turned it off for facebook messages anyway so I'm good with it not working, haha.

kind of, but better. imagine if that toast notification shrank down to a 64x64 circle, and you could drag it around and place it anywhere on the screen (or flick it away towards the bottom to close it). it has an unread counter next to the circle (or head). once you click on it a chat window expands like "quick reply" fashion and lets you chat without leaving your current app. really useful when you're reading an article and somebody insists on chatting with you, foe example. no constant back and forth app switching.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 08:22 PM
    As an alternative - rather than using an Android app - if you set your Facebook Notifications to E-Mail when you get a Message, it works a treat.

I do it so I get an Email when a new Message comes in and then I can open Facebook in a Browser and chat that way, not perfect/ideal for most folks...but works for me! Saves downloading APKs, etc

BBM @ 2C1C340C / Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    04-17-16 08:17 AM
    kind of, but better. imagine if that toast notification shrank down to a 64x64 circle, and you could drag it around and place it anywhere on the screen (or flick it away towards the bottom to close it). it has an unread counter next to the circle (or head). once you click on it a chat window expands like "quick reply" fashion and lets you chat without leaving your current app. really useful when you're reading an article and somebody insists on chatting with you, foe example. no constant back and forth app switching.

Posted via CB10
    Nah, facebook is never that important to me. I'd rather not be interrupted at all, even with a bubble, circle, pop-up, anything. But that is cool for those who would want that. :-)

04-17-16 09:44 AM
    Anyone get voice calls to work?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 01:07 AM