I am finally back on Blackberry Classic after having played around with Android.
    I said "played around with Android", because how blinking and clicking it may appear I have never considered it a serious phone OS more of a nice techy gadget. Even less private and secure.

My BB Classic reminds me much my old BB old 9000 I had in the past, and to me Blackberry is and has always been my favourite phone OS of choice and favour.

My apologies for not knowing BB phones well anymore.

I don't mind having much less choice of free or paid apps on the phone (what a relief), but there are two or three things I will miss from all those Android years.

1. A built-in SIP client, even though third party apps can found in BB World and...

2. Clocks and Talking Clocks

I don't know why but I simply love clocks and clocks widgets and over the years I have ended up with a small collection of over 50-100 paid clocks and paid clocks widgets. Many of my clocks don't require internet to work.

I never liked apps with ads and I wanted to support developers, so I decided to always buy the apps.
    A small contribution of me for their great work.

On all of my Android phones I have always had an antivirus, Kaspersky Mobile Security and then Eset Mobile Security (which uses ressources than Kaspersky) and I have always performed very deep scans of my all Android phones, the apps and everything on the phones, plus I have also scanned deeply all of my Android apps with my pc antivirus, first with Kaspersky Total Security (formerly Kaspersky Pure), as well as with Eset Smart Security 8 on another pc.

I have never downloaded or side loaded Android APK files from websites either.
    My only download source has always been Google Play Store and I have always avoided shady apps on the store as well.

Finally, I have backed up all my Android apps APK files (those that are not locked).

I usually like being notified vocally by my phone of any incoming call, text messages, event, as well as reminded of the current time.

Question

My question is, would it break my BB Classic's privacy and security, if I installed two of my Android clocks on my BB Classic phone?
    They don't require internet to work nor any permissions.

Glow Sticks - Clock Widget

DX Glow - Clock Widget

TTK Talking Alarm Clock

I liked being vocally reminded of the current time.

3. Text-To-Speech

I would like to use a professional text to speech app to enhance my BB Classic, as I like quality and clear professional voices recorded by voice over talents.

Svox is a very powerful and professional TTS, to my opinion the best one for Android, but since Dragon, Nuance has acquired Svox this app has no longer been updated. Svox works well on older Android version up to the lasted Lollipop version.

Is there a professional text to speech app for BB Classic in BB World?

4. Voice Notification: Shouter

I would like my BB to vocally inform me of anything on the phone.

Is there an equivalent app for BB Classic in BB World?

Thanks in advance for responding and helping me getting to now BB better.
    09-24-15 09:44 AM
    definitely no widgets on the classic.
    09-24-15 11:00 AM
    But BlackBerry is going android. :P

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 07:47 PM
    Regarding TTS app:
    Have you tried Read Out! in BlackBerry World? It is fairly new but already got a bunch of updates, plus it is from a well known dev who supported BB10 right from the beginning. Don't know if it suits your needs, but it's worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 03:08 AM
    Sounds like you like clocks, since your new to bb10 on the lock screen you can swipe down from the top for the alarm clock, this also acts as a do not disturb feature and keys and the touch screen become a massive snooze button without the accidental dismiss.
    Bb10s got the best clock :-p but not many

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 04:13 AM
    Thank you everyone for your reply. It helps.

I shall check for Blackberry Android as well.
    09-27-15 12:13 PM
    Yes I have checked and bought that app.
    It is great.
    09-27-15 12:28 PM
    I would love to get a Blackberry Android, although it is nowadays difficult to even find Blackberry devices in retail stores.

I had to call my cell carrier's helpdesk and ask them to send me my BB Classic, as BBs are now longer in their stores either, and was told they only had a few left for their business customers but are no longer supporting Blackberry. Plus purcharsing directly from my cell carrier I get a two year warranty, no charges if the devices break within that time frame and free replacement.

If I were to get a BB Android, I would still have to compare its hardware with the latest HTC, LG, Samsung and Sony.

I have a Sony Z3 and if I had to only compare speed, it beats my BB Classic.

I can accept my BB Classic being a classic, nostalgic phone but on Android I want the latest hardware and software.
    As Android OS itself tends to lag after a while.

I bought a Blackberry with pure BB OS because I wanted to have a very private and secure phone should these devices be no longer avaialble for purchase for the public in the future.
    Last edited by thinkinfinity; 09-27-15 at 12:50 PM.
    09-27-15 12:39 PM