My android apps were working fine but I updated the blackberry android runtime because I realized apps were not deleting like they should and now no android apps will run on my Classic. The green bar pops up gets 3/4 way loading and just force closes itself. Can anyone help me get these running again?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 05:00 PM
    My android apps were working fine but I updated the blackberry android runtime because I realized apps were not deleting like they should and now no android apps will run on my Classic. The green bar pops up gets 3/4 way loading and just force closes itself. Can anyone help me get these running again?

Posted via CB10
    Hard reboot your device by simultaneously pressing both the volume up/down tabs until the phone powers off. Upon restart give it a few minutes to settle. First time you run an android app you may get the green bar but should be absent on subsequent openings. I'd start with that - if it doesn't resolve with that then it may be time to perform a backup, security wipe, restore. Someone else may offer alternative suggestions but that would be my course of action.
    03-23-16 05:29 PM
    Tried the hard reset. Still was happening. Deleted the playstore and all apk android apps to reload them. When I try to reinstall the google Id and playstore it says initializing and the processing and it will stay on processing for about 2-3 minutes and then force close. So now I can't get the app store even on my phone now. Can anyone throw out any other suggestions before I reset my device?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 06:00 PM
    You could try and reinstall just the runtime. I'm also assuming that you're referring to Cobalt's APKs - you're using the latest, right?
    03-23-16 06:11 PM
    I'm not sure I got them working before from links on a youtube video about 4 months old. Where can I find the latest

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 06:17 PM
    The amazon store won't even load up same issue green bar then force close

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 06:41 PM
    Why would they make this phone so hard to factory reset. I do not have a PC to download link to.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 06:45 PM
    I'm not sure I got them working before from links on a youtube video about 4 months old. Where can I find the latest

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt's updated APKs are always on the first post of this thread: Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    03-23-16 07:14 PM
    I security wiped my phone after trying the apps on that link. Still my classic will not run apks at all. -____- this is getting frustrating.
    03-23-16 08:01 PM
    I security wiped my phone after trying the apps on that link. Still my classic will not run apks at all. -____- this is getting frustrating.
    If you wipe the phone, it's a clean slate. Install the apks after the wipe.
    03-23-16 08:20 PM
     Classic via CB
    03-23-16 08:34 PM
    Did you get the issue resolved?
    03-24-16 12:52 AM
    Did you get the issue resolved?
    No. I hooked up the phone to blackberry link and clicked factory reset. It did a security wipe again. The apks will still not load. Green bar pops up and then the apk closes. Idk what to do
    03-24-16 02:52 AM
    That is frustrating. After a factory reset no apks load at all?

Let's see if I have this straight.
    You're on 10.3.2.2876.
    You've security wiped the phone.
    Performed a factory reset.
    Applied the runtime fix.
    And still no android apps will even load? Or what apk are you trying to run?,

Did you restore at some point in there? This isn't making sense.
    Last edited by semime; 03-24-16 at 09:47 AM.
    03-24-16 09:27 AM
    No. I hooked up the phone to blackberry link and clicked factory reset. It did a security wipe again. The apks will still not load. Green bar pops up and then the apk closes. Idk what to do
    What OS are you running? To me, it sounds as if you have a corrupted (or wrong) version of the ART. If you have Sachesi installed on your PC, connect your device and check the 2 .bar files that contain the runtime for the version number. You could also swap out those 2 bars with earlier versions (depending on which OS you have) . If you have .2836 installed, you could roll back the runtime with .2813 OS runtime bar files using Sachesi. You can find a link to those 2 bars at : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1054501/

Look for : android bars from 2813 (Conite).

Once you swap out those files using Sachesi you must reboot your device. All the info about using Sachesi and autoloaders and Blitz installs are on this page. Good luck!
    03-24-16 09:43 AM
    You guys are genius. And I'm an *****.
    Asking me the OS version.
    I had done the check through the software on the phone and it kept telling me up to date and I didn't think anything of it until you guys kept say 10.3.3.xxxx
    My phone was on 10.3.2.xxxx but telling me I was up to date.
    Obviously wrong. I do not use att service tho which is why it was telling me there was no updates for my att phone.
    Plugged into link and sure enough an update.
    My phone is now running the 10.3.5xxx update and apks are back up and running. Such a simple easy thing but with my phone software telling me I was up to date I had no clue. I've had this phone and bb10 for a week now coming from an android ecosystem for the last 5 years. My last BB device was the BOLD7750 IN 2011
    Anyway my apps are running again. Thank you guys.
    Now to figure out how to get Google maps working again as for some reason it doesn't display anything but a black screen with Google in the bottom left corner and a search bar where as before I had full functionality.
    brookie229 and semime like this.
    03-24-16 12:46 PM
    I thought 10.3.3 wasn't going yet except for a beta version??

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 03:38 PM