Wow!!!!

I also pre-ordered from shopbb and nothing yet! Oh man.....

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:59 PM
    Wow. **** DR & their pre-orders! Congrats if waiting for Amazon was the best way to go.
    Yeah, I did my original order from Shop Blackberry on 11/29. Then I saw yesterday on here where it was mentioned that Amazon had them for preorder and I got the email from Shop Blackberry saying that it wouldn't ship for a few days till after the announcement. So I decided on a whim since I have Prime and order everything from Amazon anyways to pre-order with them. Got a shipping notification today at 3:45 p.m. CST that it had shipped from Amazon and will arrive tomorrow on launch day. Called Shop Blackberry and cancelled my pre-order at 4:25 p.m. I haven't had a Blackberry in years, but I have been wanting a secondary device just for work and I'm taking all of my work accounts off my iPhone leaving it strictly for personal stuff and putting them all on the Classic and I'll carry it alongside my iPhone 6. I had Bolds (9900, 9700, 9000), Curve (8900), Pearl (9100), and an 8700g and looking forward to getting the classic for the keyboard and trackpad nostalgia and to check out Blackberry 10 and Blend (I use iMessage on my mac a lot to SMS so looking forward to SMS integration with Blend).

But anyways, yeah I think that is a very poor move on Blackberry's part to have their own store send out stuff later than Amazon especially when they had a preorder way in advance. They should have been more clear up front on when the devices would ship from their store at the time of preorder or at least shipped them in time to be delivered at launch like Amazon.

Hopefully everyone gets their Classics soon and I'm looking forward to being back in the Crackberry fold.

Amazon has the Classic up for pre-orders.-confirmation.gif
    Mr4aces and geekaren like this.
    12-16-14 08:15 PM
    More impulse buying ................. Went back to Amazon and ordered a holster, iFlash and screen protector. You guys hyped this up Q20 so much I could not wait for ATT. I just hope 2 months from now I'm not sorry not waiting for the SQC100-2
    12-16-14 08:49 PM
    Weird, I just went to Amazon to order a Classic from them instead (I also have a Prime account) and it said the estimated delivery would be Dec 22-Dec 24th?

So it looks like I'm back at square 1. I'll hold out for ShopBB (DR) and hope they come through...

Like I said in another post, if I don't get my Classic by Christmas eve, I'm ordering me a Passport from Amazon!!!!

I'm also an impulsive/impatient mofo!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:00 PM
    Which model is the one from Amazon?
    Can someone post the link?
    And will it work for T-Mobile USA?
    12-16-14 09:36 PM
    Weird, I just went to Amazon to order a Classic from them instead (I also have a Prime account) and it said the estimated delivery would be Dec 22-Dec 24th?

So it looks like I'm back at square 1. I'll hold out for ShopBB (DR) and hope they come through...

Like I said in another post, if I don't get my Classic by Christmas eve, I'm ordering me a Passport from Amazon!!!!

I'm also an impulsive/impatient mofo!

Posted via CB10
    I feel you, I almost ordered a Passport yesterday when I got the email from Shop Blackberry saying the Classic would ship a few days after the 17th event, but I decided to pump the brakes. When I put it in my cart now in Amazon again like I was going to do a new order it shows estimated delivery for December 18th with One Day Shipping selected. However it may have to do with where you are located. Mine shipped from Fort Worth, TX and I live in Arkansas so it is only one state over and is in the same UPS ground zone for day 1 service. Maybe your delivery date is different based on your location and proximity of the closest fulfillment center that has them?
    12-16-14 09:45 PM
    Well, I can confirm that mine has shipped from Amazon as well, and will arrive tomorrow (17th). It's not one of those situations where only the label was created, as it's already left the facility..... I too had a shopbb preorder from the day it launched, and placed an Amazon order at 2AM this morning, and canceled the shopbb order at 2:15AM..... Will never try shopbb again.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-16-14 09:46 PM
    Well, I can confirm that mine has shipped from Amazon as well, and will arrive tomorrow (17th). It's not one of those situations where only the label was created, as it's already left the facility..... I too had a shopbb preorder from the day it launched, and placed an Amazon order at 2AM this morning, and canceled the shopbb order at 2:15AM..... Will never try shopbb again.
    I ordered this afternoon, mines not delivered till Friday
    12-16-14 10:58 PM
    Ok, now getting really impatient here. Especially with the great customer service Amazon gives.

I'm gonna give ShopBB until tmw around 12pm to give me some good news. If not, I'm canceling my order with them and ordering a Classic from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 11:11 PM
    Confirmed by op SQC100-4. It it will work on T-Mobil
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 12-17-14 at 06:41 PM.
    12-16-14 11:37 PM
    Ok, now getting really impatient here. Especially with the great customer service Amazon gives.

I'm gonna give ShopBB until tmw around 12pm to give me some good news. If not, I'm canceling my order with them and ordering a Classic from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you bother? If the choice is ever between Amazon, or not Amazon, pick Amazon, the choice is easy!

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-17-14 12:54 AM
    Why do you bother? If the choice is ever between Amazon, or not Amazon, pick Amazon, the choice is easy!

Honestly, I didn't ever even think of Amazon ever carrying the Classic? I thought since it was "ShopBB", they'd have the upper hand as far as supply and shipping?

Lesson learned....

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:01 AM
    Are the Classics on Amazon compatible with ATT? I mean fully compatible.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:43 AM
    No longer available. Wonder if they shut it down?
    12-17-14 04:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, man, I hope so, since it's unlocked/unbranded (I'll find out soon enough). I did have a problem with an unlocked TMO Q10 on ATT with calls only connecting half the time.
    12-17-14 05:28 AM
    No longer available. Wonder if they shut it down?
    I think they sold out, mine shipped.
    12-17-14 06:36 AM
    I think they sold out, mine shipped.
    Mine have also shipped!! So excited!!!
    12-17-14 06:37 AM
    Oh, man, I hope so, since it's unlocked/unbranded (I'll find out soon enough). I did have a problem with an unlocked TMO Q10 on ATT with calls only connecting half the time.
    It's would be such a shame not to have all the bands in a single handset model, a la the Passport.

If BlackBerry is selling phones unlocked, and without carrier support, then they can't be making 5 models of the exact same phone with slightly different bands.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 likes this.
    12-17-14 06:43 AM
    Anyone know if Amazon could have shut down temporarily in order to ship carrier versions after this morning's launch? Just speculating here, but I noticed they have the Q10 for AT&T with contract options. Any chance they'll start working with carriers before the carriers get them in store? Really want the AT&T version with wireless charging....
    12-17-14 08:14 AM
    Agree on not having more bands available on the GSM version of the Classic...iPhone does a wonderful job of incorporating several LTE bands/radios on their devices. Great for when one travels to a different country and can easily pop in a prepaid SIM card (from host country) to hook up to the internet
    12-17-14 08:23 AM
    To answer your question about compatibility with T-Mobile USA this Classic version will work to make/receive phone calls, text and connect to the internet. It has the correct 3G/4G/LTE radios/bands which are 1700/2100Mhz and also 1900Mhz(newer roll out frequency) . The Classic has 8 bands of which all are compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.
    Mr4aces and lactose like this.
    12-17-14 08:47 AM
    Thanks to classicrock31, that was the first question that popped into my head after I clicked Buy, did I order the right model. I was assuming there would be no way to get the Classic before my trip, but Amazon says I will have it tomorrow Dec 18 and they are very accurate. Wife not complaining after I bought her a $700 phone. Seems too good to be true.
    12-17-14 10:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe the US Amazon website was carrying the SQC100-4 which should be compatible, but you do have to have AT&T add it to their system for LTE to work I think.

12-17-14 11:16 AM
    You gotta be kidding me. Shipped?

This sucks so bad for those who preordered through shopbb. I'm one of them. Hesitated on the Passport and didn't get it til a month later.

Congrats to those who will be getting theirs tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    I've learned my lesson, not to order anything through shopbb ever again...
    12-17-14 11:23 AM
    I believe the US Amazon website was carrying the SQC100-4 which should be compatible, but you do have to have AT&T add it to their system for LTE to work I think.

I just got mine in from Amazon today off the UPS truck. I can confirm it is the SQC100-4 variant. It says Retail North America - Black below that model #. Feels good in the hand, heavy and sturdy. On the phone with AT&T trying to get my nano sim activated to set it up.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-17-14 01:04 PM
77 1234