03-11-16 09:56 AM
34 12
tools
    I've been using the classic for the past 2 weeks, I am truly happy with the classic ability to run Android apps such as Snapchat, Instagram, Financial times, Skype, Bank of America etc. All these Andoid apps work Smothllllly it doesn't even take more than 1 second to open the Apps.
    Sometimes I think they are native apps. The 10.3.1 is the best OS made by blackberry.

I am so happy with the Classic the battery last a full day with heavy usage rocking the Bluetooth, WiFi ,full brightness + sometimes the mobile Hotspot and I send almost 50-60 emails every day. And by the end of the day when I am in my bed the battery is around 15%.

I just wish they made this phone with 10.3.1 at 2007! Things would've been different

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and Alain_A like this.
    01-03-15 06:08 AM
    I have a passport and just ordered the classic. It's funny other people have said Android apps run slowly on the Classic. Why is there such a difference in opinion of the speed on android apps on the classic?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:35 AM
    I have also been running my Android apps on my classic without any issues. I think folks have forgotten that the device was targeted for a replacement device for enterprise legacy users and not a consumer looking for the latest and greatest speed demon. I think the Classic does exactly what it's design to do and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-03-15 07:28 AM
    All of my Android apps have ran perfect..even so good, that I forget at times that they aren't native apps.
    01-03-15 08:02 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Can you list some of the apps each of guys have downloaded? And do they feel that native because of the new os 10.3.1 or is it because of the classic itself?
    Has there been major "glitchiness" or laggin or has everyone ran smooth like butter?

Again thanks for the feed back guys.
    01-03-15 08:08 AM
    On my classic spotify takes 5 seconds to fully load if I don't have any other app with android runtime opened.
    01-03-15 08:39 AM
    On my classic spotify takes 5 seconds to fully load if I don't have any other app with android runtime opened.
    Yes, android apps definitely load slowly.

So the trick is to have 1 single android app open at all times then all other apps will load much faster?
    01-03-15 09:02 AM
    Nah doesn't really much, hard to tell. They just all load painfully slow. I try not to use them.
    joseanmx likes this.
    01-03-15 09:04 AM
    Agree 100% BlackBerry got this one right on the Android apps. Haven't DL'd one yet that didn't work speedy, perfectly and fully. Have DL'd from both Amazon and a sideloaded Snap app store. Way cool BlackBerry! You just solved the 'app' problem! Nice work!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:30 AM
    I only run a few Android apps on my Classic and it's actually pretty good imo.

The best thing for me now with the 10.3 is the ability to zoom out. I think that's the biggest game changer for me? It makes all the Android apps run and look better on the Classic imo. I've always been a small font guy anyway...

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:31 AM
    Eeks - how can I download Snapchat? I don't see it on Amazon or Blackberry World.
    Someone please help!
    01-03-15 12:23 PM
    Eeks - how can I download Snapchat? I don't see it on Amazon or Blackberry World.
    Someone please help!
    Sideload Snap just Google how to Sideload snap on blackberry, it's a native BlackBerry App store that's runs the Google play store. It won't take more than 2 minutes OR open your BlackBerry browser and download 1mobilemarker it has all the android apps too.

After that you got all the android apps in the world including snapchat

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:27 PM

Can you list some of the apps each of guys have downloaded? And do they feel that native because of the new os 10.3.1 or is it because of the classic itself?
    Has there been major "glitchiness" or laggin or has everyone ran smooth like butter?

I have downloaded instagram , netflix, Snapchat , skype, bank of America PNC bank , Google maps, financial times, fantasy Premier league , instamessage , Starbucks, ebay, Amazon, youtube they all Work Glich and lag free, they really run like a native app. Didn't face any issue at all

I am pretty much sure it's because of the 10.3.1 BlackBerry nailed the android apps with this os.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:31 PM
    Nah doesn't really much, hard to tell. They just all load painfully slow. I try not to use them.
    Weird they open instantly with me like a real native app

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:31 PM

All DL'd from sideloaded Snap store: Chase, Bank of America, CapitalOne, American Express, Google Maps (the real, latest version), Instagram, NY Daily News, Starbucks, Kik, Lumosity, FlightView, Netflix. All working flawlessly, no lag, no issues. Took only seconds to install each app. DL'd Snap to my Classic via the Chrome browser add on method I found on CrackBerry.com. Was simple and very easy. Just followed the directions from the article. Snap even notifies you of available app updates for the apps you've DL'd.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:45 PM
    I'm on the fence still. Starbucks app works okay, but in order to see everything I had to zoom out which results in the app only fitting part of the screen. Overall it's not bad though. My Fitness Pal is painful though! So slow to jump from one screen to the next.
    01-03-15 01:52 PM
    When I use Google Maps it takes at least 10 seconds to open and then it lags really bad. Every other Android app I use lags a little too upon usage and opening.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-03-15 03:31 PM
    They open quick for me as well, but one question. I have noticed that a few of the andriod apps stay active when viewing the device monitor memory. Is this something to be concerned about? It drew my attention because I thought I was experiencing a battery drain. One app, Vivino was still running when it was suppose to be closed, so I closed it there.
    01-03-15 04:37 PM

...................I just wish they made this phone with 10.3.1 at 2007! Things would've been different

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I have been saying for months.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...wasted-955505/
    01-03-15 06:07 PM
    Apps on the Z30 are quicker than on budget android Phone from samsung or LG 2 months ago.

I Using now a Passport and My bank app from ING on my passport start quicker and is smoother than on the Samsung S5. I also tested more apps but it's not really a different sometimes the same app like spotifty goes quicker and than the Samsung S5 is quicker and it's all just a close finish. So BlackBerry did a good job with android runtime 4.3 on the latest leak 10.3.1.1949
    01-03-15 06:15 PM
    arent snapchat, instagram and skype available on blackberry world?
    01-03-15 07:13 PM
    Also google play, netflix, broadcast app from my cable compnay, bank app, etc

Amazed witht the classic ability to run android apps!-img_20150103_234724.png

Tip: install killer app. After using google store kill it becuase it's eating cpu and memory and other 2

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:31 PM
    What are you talking about?
    01-04-15 01:48 PM
    the aps seems to be fine. only once thus far have all the apps taken ages to load, but i think it was because i just downloaded about 10 and they were initializing and such.

on a sidenote, is anyone using a Vaulty type of app, to hide pictures/video/docs? Is there a blackberry build one or are they only android base??
    01-04-15 02:46 PM
    The apps work fine for me and loads pretty fast. I'm having a problem with SnapChat thoguh. It won't let me take pictures to send. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem? And also how do you zoom out in the apps?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:47 PM
34 12