01-20-16 03:42 PM
54 123
tools
    I have a few devices and I plan on getting a few more! I feel like if they do another playbook move we are still going to be ok! I think the problem is that we in the community buy all of the devices but since we switch Sims it doesn't count but I'm not about to get a new Sim for every device I buy! But if we did it will make a difference.

I'm rambling now my point is no matter what device I buy I always end up on the Classic I want to get the blue one and the slider of course and a p9983 I love switching up my phones daily. Then I get second thoughts like I'm wasting my money, but it passes quickly

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:44 PM
    I know what you mean. Until I got rid of about a dozen phones, I was going crazy switching phones all the time.

Since I received my Classic, the Sim has been kept in it. I feel bad for my Passport, but not enough to switch back to it (yet).
    10-10-15 07:55 PM
    The only time I miss my SE is when I'm putting the Sim card back in!!!i love all my devices

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 08:03 PM
    Same here. I have and use an iPhone 6, SE Passport and a Classic. The iPhone is pretty much the kids property now, so I switch between the Classic and SE almost daily.

At the end of the day, I prefer the Classic over the SE. It just fits my needs perfectly. I sometimes wish it was a little faster but it's all good...

Posted via my Classic
    10-10-15 08:40 PM
    Yeah, I seem to keep coming back to the Classic too, over my original Passport. If the Classic had the battery power of the Passport then there would be no problems then whatsoever!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 12:17 AM
    I'd love classic with passport internals!

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk
    dlrogers81, AZN, idssteve and 8 others like this.
    10-11-15 12:47 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:05 AM
    You are just weird )

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 06:32 AM
    I can't keep my hands off my Classic.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    10-12-15 04:43 AM
    Well hold it tight could be the last one ever or...............
    10-14-15 08:04 AM
    Same here. I have my SIM in my iphone but I use my Classic for emails.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 08:16 AM
    It's easily my favorite phone ever.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    10-14-15 10:33 AM
    Agreed - it is the absolute best hand set that I have ever used. #awesome

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    10-15-15 07:10 PM
    The Classic is just such a pragmatic device. It does the job of communications very well. The physical keyboard is second to none, it's definitely more ergonomical than the Passport keyboard, seeing how the Passport's keyboard is very wide and has stiffer keys. The Classic's size is very convenient: it's better pocketable than the Passport, it's handy with one hand (although I can one-hand my Passport quite decently). The Classic has good battery life too for what I use it for. It lasts all day, but punishes me for wasting time using social media and browsing mindlessly on the Internet by the battery giving out lol.

Posted via CB10
    shivaji likes this.
    10-16-15 11:37 AM
    Not good reading this. I am very strongly considering adding the Classic bundle to my stable of BlackBerry's. I dig them all for various reasons (Z10, Z30, Passport) I updated my Z10 back in June and used that for a bit (LOVE the one handedness) but am now back on my very revered Z30. (Passport is awesome in its own way and blazing fast but a bit too big for me day to day) Z30 battery, overall size and running on 10.3.2 is just in the sweet spot for me. But the Classic keeps pulling me in. I am 100 percent a-ok with the speed and such of my Z30. Any fellow users that might have both Z30 and Classic please chime in as to using both.

Z30 wickedness
    Tessoro Desoto and joseanmx like this.
    10-16-15 03:06 PM
    I hear you!
    I had a Q10, then back to iphone, then back to Q10, then iphone again and now classic, for a second time.

Since I've never been a blackberry guy it took me a wile to get used to it, but now, when for the second time, I'm stuck, I'll never leave this phone again, the iPhone will become my kids new toy and ill use this one.

This keyboard is amazing! And now with some android apps, it's perfect. Alittle on the slowside sometimes, but I can live with that!

Really hope they make another classic with better specs. And if not, we'll, then I just have to have this forever

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 03:14 PM
    I have sent off the SE back to Amazon.

Right now the Classic is getting 99% of the use while the iPhone 6 still gets carried around for certain apps. Strava, streaming live TV, calculator all work great on the iPhone 6 since it's my secondary device.

I 100% prefer the Classic as a day to day phone since emailing, texting, and actual phone all blow away the iPhone imo. I just wish the Classic had a little better specs and Google Play Services.

Maybe if the Priv is a hit, we'll see the Passport and Classic option?

Posted via my Classic
    10-16-15 04:11 PM
    Not good reading this. I am very strongly considering adding the Classic bundle to my stable of BlackBerry's. I dig them all for various reasons (Z10, Z30, Passport) I updated my Z10 back in June and used that for a bit (LOVE the one handedness) but am now back on my very revered Z30. (Passport is awesome in its own way and blazing fast but a bit too big for me day to day) Z30 battery, overall size and running on 10.3.2 is just in the sweet spot for me. But the Classic keeps pulling me in. I am 100 percent a-ok with the speed and such of my Z30. Any fellow users that might have both Z30 and Classic please chime in as to using both.

Z30 wickedness
    I have both and bounce between the two... the z30 makes certain APPS easier to interact with (instagram)... it's a little smoother and you can see more obviously.... I love the speakers...

the classic makes the OS as a whole more fun to interact with... albiet, with a noticeable speed difference... the apps run just fine and smooth though... I like handling the classic more... feels more rigid...

they need to change the toolbelt design though.. it's that long strip of plastic... just give me dedicated separate keys... they will be less likely to squeak...

I wish the Sim card, SD card didn't require a pin/paperclip to open...
    10-16-15 04:55 PM
    My fickle nature will not allow me use of a single device. Sim card resides in my Classic. It's perfect for quick in and out of pocket, one handed use. Shooting off quick text, BBMs, and emails is very convenient. Taking quick snapshots of instruments for clients across the country helps in my sales. Call quality has always been awesome in my book.

Passport uses the mobile hotspot of the Classic (honestly, no slowdown or lag). Perfect for longer periods of reading. Even better camera when taking photos of guitars and basses with elaborate finishes. Fast web browsing when needing to look up products online or getting values of used items. Does not tie me down to a slow terminal. Keeps me and my customers engaged on the sale (keeps me in the game).

Android tablet is great for when I'm on break an want to catch up with shows on Hulu or Netflix.

Hey, nothing is perfect
    Last edited by schlemer; 10-18-15 at 08:16 AM.
    AZN and BerryRipe like this.
    10-17-15 06:37 AM
    Calling is better on my Classic compared to the Passport... but the speed of the PP makes me come back to it again and and again...!!

Also miss a keyboard that's touch sensitive on the Classic - damn that would be an upgrade...!!!

Posted via CB10
    stuck_788 likes this.
    10-17-15 06:59 PM
    P9983 Graphite, Passport SE, Classic, Nexus 6p, Q10, Bold - Classic rules them all in performance and build quality.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-10-16 11:02 PM
    I go back to the classic every once in a while but the screen, kb, and speed bring me back to the passport constantly. A passport with a toolbelt would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    01-11-16 01:23 AM
    ANYthing with toolbelt is awesome! . Toolbelt is awesome.

Classic, PassPort and Z30 stand ready on their QI chargers. My hand grabs Classic most days. Sometimes PP & Z don't get touched for weeks at a time. PP is great for reading prints in the field, if I know there'll be no smart TVs to Mirracast my Classic to, but "flick" typing is worthless when dealing with hundreds of unique acronyms & nomenclature. Capacitive KB provides poor half a$$ed substitute for a real toolbelt, IMO. My old PlayBook (&99) still serves well for print viewing, ftm.

I just don't use Z for anything but 16:9 movies. Maybe once per month. I've gone 2 month stretches without touching it. I WOULD use it more if fitted with toolbelt. Same with PP. Toolbelt improves single handed operational efficiency of giant, as well as tiny, devices.

When packing for travel, Classic and 9900 (the two most modern toolbelt devices) are my choice. Guess that says it all, IMO. Long live the ToolBelt!!
    01-11-16 06:06 AM
    I really like the size of the Q10, but the Classic fits my business needs. The size isn't that much bigger, but the toolbelt it what wins me over. I can go either way with the screen and keyboard, and although it would have been nice to have a removable battery (to extend the life of the phone) I don't need it at this point because the battery lasts me all day.

The Q is a solid phone and a reliable backup, but the Classic is a necessary tool to get me through my day.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 09:12 AM
    Same here. Classic forever.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 09:18 AM
54 123