Just added the classic to my fleet and the minute I took it out of the box I knew it would be my daily driver. Aside from size and looks, it is so well built.
    01-11-16 02:13 PM
    That's the way I felt 1 year ago when I took it out box year later it's still working great .
    jas1978 likes this.
    01-11-16 02:59 PM
    How's the call quality compared to Q10? Heard it's better...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 01:59 PM
    I tries switching my sim and my whatsapp messages kept going to the original phone. Is there a setting i need to change to link it to my sim?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-13-16 02:59 PM
    I just purchased the Classic and I'm relieved to see that others switch their SIM from phone to phone. I thought I was the only tech/phone nut! I was a Blackberry groupie back in the trackball days and was anti-iPhone. After many attempts to talk myself out of it, I switched to the dark side and purchased the iPhone 4s. Ever since then, I've nothing but raved about Apple. I consider myself a loyal Apple customer. I have the Macbook Pro, and iPad Mini, and the iPhone 6s. I love iMessage as well. They are reliable and seriously top-notch devices.

But deep deep down I wish Blackberry made a comeback. I keep waiting and waiting and I'm hoping the Classic is only the beginning. I miss dispersing my BBM to friends and family and flying through messages and emails with the best keyboard on the face of the earth.

With all that being said, when my Classic comes in tomorrow I will excitingly switch my SIM and explore. But for some reason, I have that feeling that I will have to switch my SIM back to the iPhone due to the fact it's just a better option because of the apps and the consistency. My feeling is that I'll keep the SIM in the iPhone but have the Classic at my side at all times for emails.

Bottom line, I want to keep my SIM in my Classic at all times! Can an Apple fan out there relate and find that the Classic meets their needs??
    01-13-16 08:54 PM
    I just purchased the Classic and I'm relieved to see that others switch their SIM from phone to phone. I thought I was the only tech/phone nut! I was a Blackberry groupie back in the trackball days and was anti-iPhone. After many attempts to talk myself out of it, I switched to the dark side and purchased the iPhone 4s. Ever since then, I've nothing but raved about Apple. I consider myself a loyal Apple customer. I have the Macbook Pro, and iPad Mini, and the iPhone 6s. I love iMessage as well. They are reliable and seriously top-notch devices.

But deep deep down I wish Blackberry made a comeback. I keep waiting and waiting and I'm hoping the Classic is only the beginning. I miss dispersing my BBM to friends and family and flying through messages and emails with the best keyboard on the face of the earth.

With all that being said, when my Classic comes in tomorrow I will excitingly switch my SIM and explore. But for some reason, I have that feeling that I will have to switch my SIM back to the iPhone due to the fact it's just a better option because of the apps and the consistency. My feeling is that I'll keep the SIM in the iPhone but have the Classic at my side at all times for emails.

Bottom line, I want to keep my SIM in my Classic at all times! Can an Apple fan out there relate and find that the Classic meets their needs??
    It depends what you're looking for in a *phone.*

I have a Mac Book Pro, had the iPad Air, Air 2, and now iPad Pro, I have had the iPod nano, and now on my 3rd iPod touch (the latest one), and have three Apple TVs, including the newest. Apple makes great products. But there's nothing about my iPod touch that is so necessary for me that I feel the need to have an iPhone.

I iMessage friends on my various devices. It's fine. It's very primitive and basic messaging. It's not as expansive as BBM, but it's not meant to be. I usually bring my iPod and iPad with me if I'm driving or doing errands, and to work. My iPad has cellular, but if I feel like taking my iPod with me out with my friends, I will. I rarely use it, but if I need to, I have Mobile Hotspot on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 11:22 PM

Unfortunately, not...

The Classic is a great device, and where it falls down in app selection and media options is makes up for in the fact that it is a great communication tool.
    All thanks to the amazing keypad.

The same can be said for the iPhone though. Great media / app device, not so great when it comes to pounding out longer emails and texts etc. But most people use their computer in that space.

I have used Apple products forever, but I've also used a hell of a lot of BB's in that time too. For me, I get one and then want the other after a certain amount of time. The iPhone for the apps / social media qualities, the BB for texting and communicating because it is completely unrivaled.

So as per the above poster - I am also adding an iPod Touch to my collection which will replace my iPhone 5s.
    This will hold all my music, and is pocketable and small enough to be kept in my bag / pocket and will fill the app gap that I miss with BB.

Best of both.
    01-14-16 08:31 AM

I can completely relate. A lot of us on here want an all in one device. I flip through a 6Plus/iPad and Passport right now. Normally the sim stays in the PP while a data sim goes in whichever iOS device I'm going to bring with me. It's part of the reason why I just bought a Classic. I wanted to not deal with the weight of having both the Passport and the 6Plus.

I wish us BB10 users didn't have to use a two device set up, but there's nothing that can be done now.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-14-16 10:20 AM
    I'd love classic with passport internals!

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk
    Agreed! I would buy a classic with passport specs in an instant.

SQC100-4/Classic-Black/OtterBox Case
    idssteve likes this.
    01-14-16 10:34 AM
    Classic for communications, Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 for media/games/reading

Posted via CB10
    tarosst likes this.
    01-14-16 10:52 AM
    Very refreshing hearing iPhone users in this forum testifying about how enjoyable their experience is with the Classic. Many in the wilderness are so brainwashed and miseducated about how reliable BB10 devices are for "phone" necessities. Of course there is an app gap but as a communication device, the Classic just gets the job done!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 12:31 AM
    I prefer SE over Classic.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    01-15-16 02:36 AM
    I prefer SE over Classic.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    I just returned my SE and am back to using Classic

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 12:42 PM
    Wow. I was not aware that Classic owners had such disposable incomes.
    01-15-16 11:57 PM
    My devices are essential to livelihood. The sun never sets on my client base. I'm not alone. BB has missed a market niche by not also offering a high end, high margin, Classic. IMO.
    wilber1 likes this.
    01-16-16 03:55 AM
    Got a Classic for 179. Amazon Warehouse Deal. The only problem with the phone was the PACKAGING. The 179 price is less than what a leap goes for.

Posted via my Classic running on T-Mobile unlimited data SQC100-4/10.3.1.2267
    01-16-16 10:48 AM
    My devices are essential to livelihood. The sun never sets on my client base. I'm not alone. BB has missed a market niche by not also offering a high end, high margin, Classic. IMO.
    Agreed!

SQC100-4/Classic-Black/OtterBox Case
    01-16-16 10:56 AM
    Does it really need those high specs? I'm going on my third day using the Classic as my daily driver and I haven't noticed any lag that has me saying "I wish this thing had more power". I've watched 15 minute videos and this phone hasn't skipped a beat. I've sent an email with multiple attachments and it handled it flawlessly. A tiny bit slower than my Passport would've, to be honest, but again, not enough to make me regret or make me want to go back immediately to the passport.

alexeysalo likes this.
    01-17-16 05:15 AM
    Does it really need those high specs? I'm going on my third day using the Classic as my daily driver and I haven't noticed any lag that has me saying "I wish this thing had more power". I've watched 15 minute videos and this phone hasn't skipped a beat. I've sent an email with multiple attachments and it handled it flawlessly. A tiny bit slower than my Passport would've, to be honest, but again, not enough to make me regret or make me want to go back immediately to the passport.

Well, as far as what it "really needs"... I'm, personally, still proficient in Morse and also semaphore. I can probably fake my way around some rudimentary smoke signals. Maybe even a couple percussives on hollow logs. Lol. . Do I "need" a smartphone? Lol.

Seriously tho, no it doesn't "need" more specs for most normal uses but there are apps some in my office have removed from Classic & use on PassPort (and even Z30) because PP specs handles them in a usable manner. Does PP "really need" its specs? How well would PP sell if also shipped with Q10 specs?

Just to be clear, I frequently use my Classic side by side with my PP and the difference in response performance is usually imperceptible. There are times when I swear my Classic beats my PP! Handling "strange", non-native, apps is where pp's horsepower shines. Those who might need such apps might also be willing to fork out PP price, or more, for a PP powered Classic. I, for one, would. Just for "future proofing", if nothing else. A possible market niche, IMO. Fwiw.
    01-17-16 08:26 AM
    Well, as far as what it "really needs"... I'm, personally, still proficient in Morse and also semaphore. I can probably fake my way around some rudimentary smoke signals. Maybe even a couple percussives on hollow logs. Lol. . Do I "need" a smartphone? Lol.

Seriously tho, no it doesn't "need" more specs for most normal uses but there are apps some in my office have removed from Classic & use on PassPort (and even Z30) because PP specs handles them in a usable manner. Does PP "really need" its specs? How well would PP sell if also shipped with Q10 specs?

Just to be clear, I frequently use my Classic side by side with my PP and the difference in response performance is usually imperceptible. There are times when I swear my Classic beats my PP! Handling "strange", non-native, apps is where pp's horsepower shines. Those who might need such apps might also be willing to fork out PP price, or more, for a PP powered Classic. I, for one, would. Just for "future proofing", if nothing else. A possible market niche, IMO. Fwiw.
    I think for how the Passport was initially positioned and "marketed" as a flagship, that it needed to have the specs to compete. I use a two device set up so that I don't need to use any other apps other than what I download from BlackBerry World. I know that my approach isn't feasible for everyone and that some users may actually REQUIRE some android apps for work. I think that's what the Passport was for. The workhorse BlackBerry that could handle pretty much anything. I'm only three days in with the Classic. In a few months I may be throwing this phone against the wall saying "it's too slow" and run for my Passport. I'm really hoping that's not the case.

I can see your point about future proofing. Eventually some phones are not going to be compatible with the latest updates(assuming that BB10 hasn't run its course. I hope not).

BTW, I was laughing my head off when you said Morse code and smoke signals.

idssteve likes this.
    01-17-16 10:03 AM
    I think for how the Passport was initially positioned and "marketed" as a flagship, that it needed to have the specs to compete. I use a two device set up so that I don't need to use any other apps other than what I download from BlackBerry World. I know that my approach isn't feasible for everyone and that some users may actually REQUIRE some android apps for work. I think that's what the Passport was for. The workhorse BlackBerry that could handle pretty much anything. I'm only three days in with the Classic. In a few months I may be throwing this phone against the wall saying "it's too slow" and run for my Passport. I'm really hoping that's not the case.

I can see your point about future proofing. Eventually some phones are not going to be compatible with the latest updates(assuming that BB10 hasn't run its course. I hope not).

BTW, I was laughing my head off when you said Morse code and smoke signals.

Yeah, if my PP had a toolbelt, I'd find a way to handle its size. One coworker wears a home made velcro ring and velcro taped to the back of her PP and her Classic. Thinking about it... Lol.

Capacitive kb is no toolbelt, IMO. Toolbelt is worth almost ANY price of admission, IMO. Let it grow on you and, like many of us, you might get hooked!
    01-17-16 11:16 AM
    Yeah, if my PP had a toolbelt, I'd find a way to handle its size. One coworker wears a home made velcro ring and velcro taped to the back of her PP and her Classic. Thinking about it... Lol.

Capacitive kb is no toolbelt, IMO. Toolbelt is worth almost ANY price of admission, IMO. Let it grow on you and, like many of us, you might get hooked!
    I agree. There is nothing better than hitting actual buttons. I was a touch screen advocate for a long time. It wasn't until I got my Passport that I recognized the power and the accuracy of an actual keyboard. I love being able to type without looking at the screen. I got the classic because I felt it would better suit my needs and it honestly does. The Passport was gigantic for everyday use. I'm loving the classic so far.

01-17-16 02:43 PM
    Emanuel, I just ordered the same Classic from Amazon for $179. I'm assuming they have more than one Classic for sale at that price. Mine should arrive Wednesday. Have you received yours yet? Is it in good working order?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 03:33 PM
    Emanuel, I just ordered the same Classic from Amazon for $179. I'm assuming they have more than one Classic for sale at that price. Mine should arrive Wednesday. Have you received yours yet? Is it in good working order?

Posted via CB10
    So far, no problems at all. Been using it exclusively since Friday. No scratches or nothing crazy software wise that would make me question it. It sounds crazy, but I'm thinking of buying a white or blue classic the same way.

01-17-16 04:47 PM
    My only spite with the Classic is the camera and I wish the keyboard was capacitive touch like Passport/Priv. Other than that its a great device.
    01-17-16 05:15 PM
54 123