I am also disappointed with the Classic CALENDAR. Compared to the 9930. The great thing about the 9930 calendar echoed the great thing about Blackberry - it was fast and efficient - minimalist and yet comprehensive. You could quickly do what you needed to do and quickly see what you needed to see. With the classic they got fancy and you have to go through multiple screens and clicksto do what you could do after one click on the bold. So it is cumbersome though it may have features I am unaware of an don't really need. The starter of the thread is correct. The set-up is such that you can easilly get lost in time - ending up in the wrong day or month and it takes time to find ones way back and difficult to see where one is. I carry the Bold and sync the two calendars. I wish blackberry would go back to their nifty calendar - it is the best in the world.
    acovey and Jadedx1FastLude like this.
    12-19-15 09:43 AM
    Also I need to edit the past dates in my calendar and can't seem to do so on the new one
    12-19-15 09:46 AM
    Best solution I've found for my Classic's calendar is to dual carry a 9900. Pretty nice to be able work a truly functional 9900 calendar in one hand while conversing with clients over Classic in other hand.

I'd carry and use my old paper pocket planner rather than entrust clients, coworkers, family and professional reputation to BB10.3 calendar dysfunction. Of course that old paper pocket planner is a two handed proposition. 9900 is king of single handed calendar functionality while demanding minimal pocket space.
    12-20-15 12:33 AM
    Best solution I've found for my Classic's calendar is to dual carry a 9900. Pretty nice to be able work a truly functional 9900 calendar in one hand while conversing with clients over Classic in other hand.

I'd carry and use my old paper pocket planner rather than entrust clients, coworkers, family and professional reputation to BB10.3 calendar dysfunction. Of course that old paper pocket planner is a two handed proposition. 9900 is king of single handed calendar functionality while demanding minimal pocket space.
    Yes, but what happens if you need to copy and paste to and from calendar, emails and files (notes, spreadsheets) ? it is not convenient to transfer data between 2 devices . I agree that 2 devices can be useful, but not to split the basic functions (calendar, email, messages, spreadasheet , docs and notes)
    12-20-15 07:50 AM
    Yes, but what happens if you need to copy and paste to and from calendar, emails and files (notes, spreadsheets) ? it is not convenient to transfer data between 2 devices . I agree that 2 devices can be useful, but not to split the basic functions (calendar, email, messages, spreadasheet , docs and notes)
    Agreed, sharing data between the two devices is a pita. Since 9900 excels at excel, calendar, msgs, etc, it has returned to service as my primary carry. Classic, PassPort and Z30 take turns providing secondary functions depending on anticipated needs for the day. In my particular case, 90+% of data & msgs are between coworkers. 9900 is used mostly for coworkers, family, vendors and a few clients. Most clients are directed to Classic/Passport/Z30. What data needs to transfer between the two groups gets handled thru dropbox or other "brute force" means. Most of that winds up developed & "translated" thru a PC CAD station before sent to the other group. Not perfect but tolerable for my particular case. Certainly not suitable for everyone but a few folks have found comforting efficiency in the approach.
    12-20-15 02:56 PM
    Agreed, sharing data between the two devices is a pita. Since 9900 excels at excel, calendar, msgs, etc, it has returned to service as my primary carry. Classic, PassPort and Z30 take turns providing secondary functions depending on anticipated needs for the day. In my particular case, 90+% of data & msgs are between coworkers. 9900 is used mostly for coworkers, family, vendors and a few clients. Most clients are directed to Classic/Passport/Z30. What data needs to transfer between the two groups gets handled thru dropbox or other "brute force" means. Most of that winds up developed & "translated" thru a PC CAD station before sent to the other group. Not perfect but tolerable for my particular case. Certainly not suitable for everyone but a few folks have found comforting efficiency in the approach.
    Here in Brasil the BIS plan is getting expensive and probably going to end, otherwise i would probably keep 9900 for daily usage, the main reason for this would be calendar and spreadsheet editing , two annoying situations on Classic. But im trying not see the dark side os OS 10 and keep extracting the best of it. Until now i couldnt see an alternative for the calendar. Android apps will never be useful since they are slugish on all situations. I used to work on Pocket Informant on OS 7 , it was brilliant to sync with outlook, including tasks. Now i decided to move my tasks to toodledo and use toodle tasks wich is great, and im trying to go on with the original calendar. Spreadsheets on Classic is a shame , the best a could improve was to open my sheets on my lap (when im at home for instance) using wifi to acess and sync Classic files using an app (syncback), wich were much more fast and reliable than Blackberry Link. IMO Cloud services are not fast enough (at least on our 3G) to make the spreadsheets editing experience useful on the device,
    12-20-15 08:53 PM
    Here in Brasil the BIS plan is getting expensive and probably going to end, otherwise i would probably keep 9900 for daily usage, the main reason for this would be calendar and spreadsheet editing , two annoying situations on Classic. But im trying not see the dark side os OS 10 and keep extracting the best of it. Until now i couldnt see an alternative for the calendar. Android apps will never be useful since they are slugish on all situations. I used to work on Pocket Informant on OS 7 , it was brilliant to sync with outlook, including tasks. Now i decided to move my tasks to toodledo and use toodle tasks wich is great, and im trying to go on with the original calendar. Spreadsheets on Classic is a shame , the best a could improve was to open my sheets on my lap (when im at home for instance) using wifi to acess and sync Classic files using an app (syncback), wich were much more fast and reliable than Blackberry Link. IMO Cloud services are not fast enough (at least on our 3G) to make the spreadsheets editing experience useful on the device,
    There are ways around bis but not as convenient for some things. Best solution woul be for someone at BB (Chen?) to actually use 10.3+ calendar enough to realize its issues and correct. . Next best if we might somehow retrofit 10.2 calendar into latest 10.3+ OS. IMO. I'll nurse my 9900 along till then. 9900's wifi seems to handle cloud services better thru Classic's wifi hotspot. Fwiw.
    12-21-15 03:34 AM
    I also had a Palm, and even th powerful agendus pro, now iam using Dejaoffice maybe there are less views than in palm but it is a killer app similar to agendus.
    Though it is not 100% native developer have updated the app in BBworld after BlackBerry Os user requests.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 10:18 AM
33 12