Just switched to the Classic after using a 9900 for the past 3 years and the calendar app is horrible!

Can anyone recommend an alternative calendar app that is more like OS 7 calendar? Is there a way to somehow load the old OS 7 calendar on the Classic?

I rely heavily on my calendar and am very disappointed in the calendar on BB10 (but love almost everything else about the Classic). Please help!

Posted via CB10
    Jadedx1FastLude likes this.
    03-06-15 01:48 PM
    Install Snap load an android calendar. No way to lead iOS calendar I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-06-15 01:57 PM
    On appworld there is Calengoo which is an android port. It is a good calendar app.
    Alfredo

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:45 PM
    Alfredo, I checked out Calengoo and that looks promising (and looks like OS 7 calendar). The $5.99 is a bit much (but i'll get it if it's indeed the best).

I'm just seeking advice of the Crackberry community as I'm new to BB10 and overwhelmed by the multitude of calendar apps found on Amazon app store and Google play stores.

If anyone has more thoughts, please post them. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 03:14 PM
    From the Amazon store you could also download Business Calendar Lite (which is free). But, differently from Calengoo which has been ported to BB10 (I've bought it), I'm not sure that an Android application can access the calendar data on BB.
    Try it and see if it works.

Alfredo

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 03:22 PM
    Just tried to download and install Business Calendar Free. It is not able to find my local calendar synced with my Google account. You can create a local calendar, but it will be not syncable with the cloud.
    I think that this is the general behavior of the Android calendar app, so as it seems that Calengoo from the Blackberry store is the only option.
    Maybe some other user can give more suggestions.

Alfredo

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 03:32 PM
    Thanks for the comments so far. Whatever calendar app I end up using, it would be my primary calendar and I don't really link with any other outside calendars (i.e., Google calendar, Outlook, etc).

With this said, I do need to be able to backup the info when I backup my phone every week or so. But I would imagine most 3rd party calendar apps should be able to do this.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 03:55 PM
    Thanks for the comments so far. Whatever calendar app I end up using, it would be my primary calendar and I don't really link with any other outside calendars (i.e., Google calendar, Outlook, etc).

With this said, I do need to be able to backup the info when I backup my phone every week or so. But I would imagine most 3rd party calendar apps should be able to do this.

Posted via CB10
    I love the Calendar on the Classic! The multiple snooze option is amazing. I have the iPhone 6 and hate all the Calendars on it. I have spent over $25 on calendar apps and don't like any of them.

Not to mention none of the 3rd party apps for BB will sync with Remember. That's key. Without Remember, the Classic loses its punch. Although 10.3 needs some tweaks as far as its integration with the Calendar.
    03-06-15 06:35 PM
    The Calendar app of BB10 has been better, but they somehow ruined parts of the UI with their refreshment for 10.3.1 OS.
    One of the problems of BB10, at least as far as I understand, is a missing API for the calendar system. So 3rd party apps can't really access the local database. It also seems like they couldn't really integrate well with the whole OS.

You can of course try loading those Android apps/ports, but the functionality is always limited. We can hope BlackBerry revists their app and the changes they've done, so we'll get some improvements in the (near) future. As usual, share your complains with BlackBerry via mail or better social media and here on the forums. Hopefully they'll understand the issues and work on solutions.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:41 AM
    Downloaded Calengoo last evening (for $5.99) and I'm not sure if I just have not set it up right, but this app has plenty of its only problems.

Specifically, It doesn't seem optimized for the BlackBerry Classic. Although you can kind of scroll using the trackpad, it is uneven and not smooth. Also, when looking at month view, you have to actually tap the screen to access a specific day, which is odd.

I've set up some test entries and none of them went off at the time programmed. There was also no sound and no notice on the phone screen.

Again, not sure if I just need more time to set this up, but this Calengoo does not seem optimized for the Classic

I'm starting to wonder if I should just carry my 9900 in addition to the Classic just to have a usable calendar. I can't believe BlackBerry made what was an awesome calendar on OS7 to what it now is on BB10. This makes no sense. You can't even customize the snooze time, as it defaults to 5 mins.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-07-15 01:56 PM
    You can customize the snooze time to any default you want. You also get the snooze on the fly option that was from legacy. It's the best snooze option of any calendar. You might be on an old OS. I don't know. I just got my Classic from VZN

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:19 PM
    Hi, received my Classic on 9 Mar 15. The phone and system is great except for the calendar app. I switched from the 9930 which I enjoyed. The calendar on the 9930 was great thought it would be on the Classic. Hopefully Blackberry will attempt to correct the calendar on the Classic .
    03-19-15 03:47 PM
    In my experience Android apps are almost never the right answer to any question.

Try Calendar Week View from BBWorld. It works with the native calendar but lets you see your whole week's agenda.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/22918872

Posted from my Passport
    03-19-15 06:20 PM
    I've had my Classic for a few months and I still hate the calendar, especially how the months run into each other. I have often ended up looking at the wrong month. Is there anyway you can separate the months, so it is clear which month you are looking at?
    Jadedx1FastLude likes this.
    07-16-15 12:05 PM
    Sunrise calendar from the google apk

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 12:06 PM
    I've always felt the BlackBerry calendar was a weak point. My ideal calendar was DateBk on my old Palm Treo. It was a week-at-a-glance style calendar exactly like old fashioned paper datebooks.

Alternative calendar app for BlackBerry Classic?-1264.jpg

Of course the Palm version was primitive, as was the Palm's screen. But the idea is simple. Monday Tuesday Wednesday down the left side and Thursday Friday Saturday/Sunday on the right. With my level of scheduling this is the best layout for me. It gives me an at-a-glance idea of how my week is going and where I can fit in more things. It would be spectacular on the Z30's big screen, or on the Passport. I think the Classic has a big enough screen to make it work too.

Some folks like a horizontal format with Monday on the top left as usual, but Tuesday on the top right. That gives you M-W-F down the left plus T-TH-Sa/Su on the right. With recurring appointments often following a M-W-F schedule I can see the wisdom, but I prefer the old way exactly like the old paper datebooks I used to carry.
    sully_p likes this.
    07-16-15 01:01 PM
    Check out Calendar Week View in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/22918872

 Classic
    07-16-15 08:08 PM
    I'm happy to say that Calengoo works quite well once you get it configured. It actually has features that I would've liked to have on the old Blackberry Calendar 7.
    It's a teeny bit buggy in spots, but over-all very full featured. There are so many options it will take you a while to get it all configured, but once you do, it's a powerful tool for sure..:-)
    07-22-15 07:26 PM
    What's missing from the original calendar app? Other than needing to ditch your old habit of OS7 calendar and learning something new?
    07-22-15 07:29 PM
    What's missing from the original calendar app? Other than needing to ditch your old habit of OS7 calendar and learning something new?
    No way to explain "what's missing" without sounding like we're beating up on BB10.3.1. Why don't YOU please explain the little details of how this "something new" improves our daily efficiency? Put on your salesman cap and SELL us on "something new". ??
    acovey likes this.
    07-23-15 04:51 AM
    There was absolutely nothing missing from the calendar in 10.2.xxxx. It does everything a calendar needs to do (for my purposes) and keeps everything nice and neat while performing properly. Unlike the abortion that Blackberry calls a calendar these days.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.2
    idssteve likes this.
    07-23-15 06:09 AM
    It's a shame. The 10 to 10.2.1 calendar was amazing. Then in 10.3, they ruined it. It's just a garbage app, now. Don't know how they screwed it up so badly.
    07-23-15 07:54 AM
    The thing I loved about my old BB 9700 was that on my screen it always showed the next 3 events coming up that were on my calendar, whether they were that day or days away. This was a great feature. The BB Classic does not offer that. It only shows one event at a time and only on the current day.
    People on the forums have said that if they have 2/3 business meetings scheduled in one day, they would like to see them all posted for the day. Or 2 business meetings one day and another one a few days away, they would like to see what is coming up.
    I have tried several calendar apps both BB and android and nothing presents itself the way the old 9700 did :-(
    acovey likes this.
    07-26-15 08:40 AM
    It's a shame. The 10 to 10.2.1 calendar was amazing. Then in 10.3, they ruined it. It's just a garbage app, now. Don't know how they screwed it up so badly.
    Of all the things they needed to fix, wasting resources breaking an already best Calendar app wasn't one of them. I can't believe the guys creating this actually USE it themselves... Looks like Chen needs to get them a good case of "Alpo", IMO... LOL...

Edit: for those who don't know, "Alpo" = "Eat your own dogfood" = Use what you sell... JFI.
    07-26-15 10:49 AM
    I just got my Blackberry Classic and I immediately download the cool agenda called "Informant" from the Amazon app site. The company "Pocket Informant" no longer make this agenda for the Blackberry - I had it on my previous Blackberry- however it works really well as an android cross-over app (a few minor glitches which you can work around). I also have it on my Samsung Galaxy and on my ipod where it works brilliantly! It has a professional feel about it, and is ideal for someone with a lot of information to put on it. The native agenda that comes with the Classic is okay if you just need to manage a few appointments, but I find I get lost when I'm having to go backwards and forwards with information. "Informant" is great at that and the display is customizable to boot.
    There is a serious draw back, however, and that is you can not currently sync exchange calenders on it from your other devices, but you can sync tasks. Perhaps the software developers behind Informant can be persuaded to bring it up to speed. In the mean time you will have to use it as a stand alone agenda for the phone. It currently retails at $9.99 but if you intend to use it as your only agenda, I thinks its worth it. I'm surprised others haven't suggested it.
    Last edited by Anton Rita; 10-29-15 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Left out important information about lack of functionality.
    10-28-15 07:58 PM
33 12