Ok, so have anyone else noticed a delay in the alt key when typing fast, especially in universal search / assistant?? It's so annoying, everytime I'm typing something to post to facebook through universal search / assistant all of my commas are n's and all of my periods are m's, it is downright aggravating. I know it isn't me because that doesn't happen in other places like typing out emails and typing here, and it didn't happen with my Q10 on 10.2.1 either. It's this new assistant thing making everything so slow and sluggish. Are they working to optimize it more?? I hope so...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-07-15 01:04 PM
    I've noticed this too, one of many inefficiencies i have encountered with OS10. Hopefully with a software upgrade these and others are resolved. One more thing I have noticed which is even more aggravating is when attempting to delete emails in the hub there is a delay and sometimes pressing delete on some emails will just not delete them. I have to go around that email and than come back to it after a few seconds than re-attempt to delete again
    03-07-15 01:44 PM
    Initial launch of assistant is indeed slow. Of course they are working on optimization, that's what they do
    03-07-15 01:45 PM
    I've noticed this too, one of many inefficiencies i have encountered with OS10. Hopefully with a software upgrade these and others are resolved. One more thing I have noticed which is even more aggravating is when attempting to delete emails in the hub there is a delay and sometimes pressing delete on some emails will just not delete them. I have to go around that email and than come back to it after a few seconds than re-attempt to delete again
    It's not all OS10, never had this issue with the Q10 that had 10.2.1 on it. Seems like the new 10.3.1 BB Assistant crap is slowing everything down. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it completely, I've always felt this whole talking to an inanimate object thing was just gimmicky garbage anyway...

03-07-15 02:28 PM
    Initial launch of assistant is indeed slow. Of course they are working on optimization, that's what they do
    I hope they optimize it soon, I enjoy being able to do everything fast on my phone, including typing...

03-07-15 02:29 PM
    I remember how fast the universal search was on the Torch. Can't believe years later it somehow became slower. I don't even bother using it until they fix it.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-07-15 02:39 PM
    Was wondering.. does holding alt and tapping the back button switch between running apps? (like alt tab on comp)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    03-07-15 02:44 PM
    Was wondering.. does holding alt and tapping the back button switch between running apps? (like alt tab on comp)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    Negative, that shortcut is gone, they want you to use active frames. I kind of understand the reasoning behind that, but I think more shortcuts the better in my opinion...

03-07-15 03:23 PM
    Negative, that shortcut is gone, they want you to use active frames. I kind of understand the reasoning behind that, but I think more shortcuts the better in my opinion...

Uh.. whattt? That's not cool
    It needs to be added back.. that's like, one of the major reasons for the toolbelt lol.

Does alt/shift + click trackpad perform copy and paste?

03-07-15 04:03 PM
    yes shift---trackpad is select then click is copy/cut. There is no need for fancy app switchers...the back key brings you back to active frames...pick the app you want.
    03-07-15 08:46 PM
    yes shift---trackpad is select then click is copy/cut. There is no need for fancy app switchers...the back key brings you back to active frames...pick the app you want.
    That's not fancy.. Lol.. it's the purpose of the button..
    Hold alt + tap back + release switches between the current and most recent app (bbos). Tapping back multiple times switches between the apps. It's not fancy.. unless you also consider alt tab fancy?

In newer bbos versions, holding the menu button would bring you to the task switcher, where you could scroll and select the desired running app. This is more like bb10. Though, IIRC holding the menu button then tapping the menu button would switch between the current and most recent app.

By your logic, it's fancy to use alt tab. I should tile/cascade my windows and switch between them visually, rather than instinctively.

03-07-15 10:07 PM