I can only speak for myself, but I handle my communication tasks far more efficiently on Android than I do on BB10. That is actually why I switched to Android as my primary device after I left the Bold behind.
    Confused. You already switched to android?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 12:48 AM
    I agree with OP. This might be our last chance. If the Classic and Passport fail there wont be any new phones from BlackBerry. Thats for sure. No Z50, no Z20 etc.

Posted via CB10
    If Blackberry ultimately fails, it will be their own fault, not the fault of the consumers. The OP is out of his mind.

Blackberry always.....
    George_B likes this.
    09-09-14 12:48 AM
    OP is right.

I probably won't have phrased it the way he/she did, but they are right.

It is perfectly understandable that BBOS users have certain needs to be catered to and etc, but BlackBerry is currently trying to do that with the Q20. I remember when they first showed the Z10 and people were already getting worried and annoyed that there was a lack of a keyboard. Then they showed the Q10 and people got angry that there is no trackpad.

Like it or not, the stagnation in BBOS is the reason why BlackBerry is in the mess it is in today, and no matter how much they try and play the 'niche' game, and cater to their BBOS users, they will get eaten up into non-existence faster than a turkey on christmas day.

They made BB10 because they wanted to create a new OS from the ground up that offered a new experience and efficiency that modern phones were lacking. Understandably, they missed out some of the features of the old OS. That is where we come in. We show them support by embracing their change but also by telling them what could be improved and what was missing that was essential. Holding out and playing the "It is missing 'a' so I'm not going to buy it" only leaves you with an outdated phone and you will eventually be forced to change to one of the phones you have dissed on numerous occasions. And, here's the best part, the phone you end up moving to will STILL not have the things you want, and chances are they won't include them in subsequent updates.

They now have the classic coming out in November. If that doesn't sell, because people are holding out on their ideal devices, BlackBerry as a phone making company will probably end.

PS: - And to the person that said brand loyalty is foolish, you shouldn't be on this site. For one main reason. It is a fan site, which implies that one is a fan of the product, and one cannot be a regular visitor to the forum of a fan site unless said person is loyal to the brand. Check yourself.
    Listening to you, it sounds like BlackBerry's problems stated with the Z10 and the Q10.

Blackberry's primary problems were internal and had very little to do with the consumers. They were reluctant to change. As a result, thousands lost their jobs, and the company which was once king of the hill, is loosing relevance in the smartphone arena.

Blackberry always.....
    09-09-14 01:35 AM
    I'm curious. What features are you waiting for from blackberry that won't be in place by the time the classic and the passport launches? I assume it's something pretty specific considering you are willing to carry around 2 phones to accomplish your needs efficiently.
    I'm in the same situation, using 2 phones simultaneously. The thing is that BlackBerry offers all the features one would want, just cluttered along the lineup.

Fulltouch with Miracast? Yes. 4" Fulltouch? Yes. 4" Fulltouch with Miracast? No.

Qwerty device with trackpad? Yes. Qwerty PD device? Yes.Qwerty PD device with trackpad? No.

Arguably, these are large chunks of BlackBerrys user base or at least key groups of their customers which are simply ignored. In many markets, the Z3 is now more expensive than the Z10, making it hard for the potential buyers to decide and see the differences.
    There's only so much compromises the average consumer wants to take, and as long as BlackBerry won't combine all their great features into several devices they're not going to help them much.
    09-09-14 02:00 AM
    I'm in the same situation, using 2 phones simultaneously. The thing is that BlackBerry offers all the features one would want, just cluttered along the lineup.

Fulltouch with Miracast? Yes. 4" Fulltouch? Yes. 4" Fulltouch with Miracast? No.

Qwerty device with trackpad? Yes. Qwerty PD device? Yes.Qwerty PD device with trackpad? No.

Arguably, these are large chunks of BlackBerrys user base or at least key groups of their customers which are simply ignored. In many markets, the Z3 is now more expensive than the Z10, making it hard for the potential buyers to decide and see the differences.
    There's only so much compromises the average consumer wants to take, and as long as BlackBerry won't combine all their great features into several devices they're not going to help them much.
    I can't see how so many legacy users feel ignored when John Chen brought back both the trackpad and keyboard shortcuts AND continues to make qwerty phones. They are trying hard to stick to their core and yet reinvent themselves at the same time and their biggest critics are their own "fans"

When did anyone ever hear Steve Jobs or some Samsung exec come on stage at a product announcement and start with "we listened to our customers and decided to add a long awaited feature to our new device ". Never! Yet everyone here is acting like BlackBerry stole their livelihood because they haven't moved over skins or made a slider yet. The os is only 2 years old!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:09 AM
    You may have your valid personal reasons for sticking to bbos over bb10, but to say you'd rather pick android over bb10 reveals a flaw - if the Note 4 or G3 already offer what you have in BBOS, then why wouldn't you already switch?

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    Note 4 isn't available currently, G3 had me waiting for the cat6 because of the more powerful cpu and since my work phone is already an android phone I wouldn't have to learn a new operating system all over again. I don't want to read learn a new os again, the former mentioned customizable macros would have made the transition so much easier and custom launchers would have helped to rebuild the bbos organisation style. Save for what some of the early adopters believe bb 10th all the gestures isn't an easy os to navigate through.

Also I wanted to see what the classic has to offer but judging by the leaks I'm not impressed it doesn't have that premium quality of the bb 9900 and a fixed battery is obviously a no go.

this thread is a evidence that some are still valuing the unique bb os features and nobody if and how slowly they'll come back.
    09-09-14 03:22 AM
    Is any commercial brand loyal to you? I guess brand loyalty goes on one way, huh?
    Not always. I've already got some great deals and other benefits (special beta zone programs, some cool BB-branded accessories and such things from BlackBerry.
    Also, if you happen to travel a lot, always stick with the same alliances. It'll get you lots of frequent flyer miles, lounge access, class upgrades and more simply because you always chose the same airline(s) to fly with.

I can't see how so many legacy users feel ignored when John Chen brought back both the trackpad and keyboard shortcuts AND continues to make qwerty phones. They are trying hard to stick to their core and yet reinvent themselves at the same time and their biggest critics are their own "fans"

When did anyone ever hear Steve Jobs or some Samsung exec come on stage at a product announcement and start with "we listened to our customers and decided to add a long awaited feature to our new device "
    I'm not saying I feel ignored, I'm just saying their strategy of implementing these features is..umm...problematic. One feature as a differentiation is neither doing BlackBerrys lineup good nor the consumer. The features have to be implemented in the existing feature package to make sense. When this is done properly, there's nothing standing in the way of the new BlackBerrys success
    On the other hand, if you're a potential customer and have to decide between two models to get all the features you want, the implementation of these features was all for nothing as it fails to get the customer sold on a model.

And while I'm sure they won't openly admit it, Apple is getting lots of ideas from it's customers and user base and uses them for their next device/OS. Just look at the bigger screens, features like videotaping, multitasking and so on.
    09-09-14 03:56 AM
    [WARN]After another cleanup of comments, I have to say that if there's any more bickering, the thread will be closed. Keep it civil.[/WARN]
    09-09-14 06:34 AM

When did anyone ever hear Steve Jobs or some Samsung exec come on stage at a product announcement and start with "we listened to our customers and decided to add a long awaited feature to our new device ". Never! Yet everyone here is acting like BlackBerry stole their livelihood because they haven't moved over skins or made a slider yet. The os is only 2 years old!

Posted via CB10
    Well, we've been three years and counting since the last toolbelt device. Ponder how you might feel if after the z10, BB had turned their focus back to BBOS for three years before introducing their next BB10 device? I think most legacy users understand why BB needed to ignore BBOS in order to focus on BB10 and get it on it's feet. We've already done our part by taking back seat and making do with 3 year old equipment.

The frustrating thing is coming to CrackBerry just to see BBOS users blamed and dumped on for BBRY's failures. And THEN we're expected to disrupt our businesses and take money from our children's college fund in order to purchase devices we never asked for to begin with, just to save BB's behind. The behind that left us behind, no less.

BBOS is NOT responsible for BB's failures. The 3-5 year delay in BB10's implementation is. BB10 is only two years old. Expecting users to migrate to a remade platform before that platform is ready for them is a road map to trouble. Welcome to trouble.

If Apple or Samsung found themselves with only single digit market share, i dare say they'd be looking for a differentiating product to push. If BB10 had pulled BB back into double digits, or even turned them in the right direction, they would be abandoning legacy with head spinning warp speed. They didn't and they're not. Now, it's up to us BBOSers to once again take the hit for the team? Will we receive gratitude? Or more blame... ????
    DeliFresser likes this.
    09-09-14 06:47 AM
    [WARN]After another cleanup of comments, I have to say that if there's any more bickering, the thread will be closed. Keep it civil.[/WARN]
    Mod, i just noticed my last post fell in behind your last warning. I'm more than happy editing or deleting it if it's inappropriate. ??
    09-09-14 07:13 AM
    On the other hand, if you're a potential customer and have to decide between two models to get all the features you want, the implementation of these features was all for nothing as it fails to get the customer sold on a model.
    isn't this the case for all phones? I have a friend right now who can't decide if he wants to replace his nexus 4 with the original moto x, the new moto x or the moto g. Screen size battery and price are the main issues. And he's having those issues with a slab of glass. Imagine what's expected for keyboards and trackpad and all types of user interfaces.

Example. I don't want a replaceable battery. Mainly because I've had lots of battery door issues on my q10 and even z30. Every phone I've had with fixed batteries have felt amazing. Plus I have never needed to flip batteries on my z30 because the battery is so big. Either way the battery doors shift a lot and feel crappy when they do.

So blackberry should have a swappable battery version, a fixed battery version, a trackpad less version, and a trackpad version, ?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:22 AM
    Mod, i just noticed my last post fell in behind your last warning. I'm more than happy editing or deleting it if it's inappropriate. ??
    No, that comment is fine. It's the ones that are argumentative we're trying to avoid.
    09-09-14 07:28 AM
    isn't this the case for all phones? I have a friend right now who can't decide if he wants to replace his nexus 4 with the original moto x, the new moto x or the moto g. Screen size battery and price are the main issues. And he's having those issues with a slab of glass. Imagine what's expected for keyboards and trackpad and all types of user interfaces.

Example. I don't want a replaceable battery. Mainly because I've had lots of battery door issues on my q10 and even z30. Every phone I've had with fixed batteries have felt amazing. Plus I have never needed to flip batteries on my z30 because the battery is so big. Either way the battery doors shift a lot and feel crappy when they do.

So blackberry should have a swappable battery version, a fixed battery version, a trackpad less version, and a trackpad version, ?

Posted via CB10
    Depends on the target market. I can't claim to have ever really heard official market targeting for Q20 but IF that target is legacy, when was the last legacy device offered with fixed battery? Seems a market miss, to me, but then my market research is very limited. Gotta trust BB knows what they're doing. The fixed battery could be fine for ppl with predictable 9-5 demands on the device. Might be what they're targeting?
    09-09-14 07:32 AM
    Depends on the target market. I can't claim to have ever really heard official market targeting for Q20 but IF that target is legacy, when was the last legacy device offered with fixed battery? Seems a market miss, to me, but then my market research is very limited. Gotta trust BB knows what they're doing. The fixed battery could be fine for ppl with predictable 9-5 demands on the device. Might be what they're targeting?
    Well never know for sure. I don't think no matter what they tell us it'll ever be the full story. But if you asked me I would say the classic still lives up to the name. I know there's no swappable battery but for 99.99% of the experience you are on a classic blackberry. Trackpad and all. And to many that's pretty shocking to see it back but whatever. We are passed that.

The battery situation is unfortunate but I don't think it's fair to negate all the rest of the device for that one miss

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    09-09-14 07:56 AM
    I think there are very differing positions for why people are sticking with legacy BBOS. I think it is dependant on what you use your BB for.

From a non-BES business consumer, I believe there are three core issues:

* BBOS customers get cost effectiveness from their subscriptions services in areas like data/roaming. BB10 does not offer these subscriptions anymore, they have all been dropped.
    * Email functionality - still lags behind BBOS in some areas. Even though the 10.2.1 update has drastically reduced this. Syncing is still an issue
    * Lack of toolkit/ convenience keys - this becomes very frustrating if you are used to having these before.

Also I would also like to point on BB is probably losing money on BB10 because they are relying solely on revenue from hardware - which will be a one off influx, followed by an occasional small stream of revenue from accessories and apps.

While BBOS provides revenue from hardware sales - even though this is decreasing steadily, however hardware revenue from legacy devices is still greater then that of BB10 devices, until the last quarter. However BB gets constant revenue from subscription plans which are required for legacy devices, followed by an occasional small stream of revenue from accessories and apps.
    09-09-14 08:05 AM
    Well, we've been three years and counting since the last toolbelt device. Ponder how you might feel if after the z10, BB had turned their focus back to BBOS for three years before introducing their next BB10 device? I think most legacy users understand why BB needed to ignore BBOS in order to focus on BB10 and get it on it's feet. We've already done our part by taking back seat and making do with 3 year old equipment.

The frustrating thing is coming to CrackBerry just to see BBOS users blamed and dumped on for BBRY's failures. And THEN we're expected to disrupt our businesses and take money from our children's college fund in order to purchase devices we never asked for to begin with, just to save BB's behind. The behind that left us behind, no less.

BBOS is NOT responsible for BB's failures. The 3-5 year delay in BB10's implementation is. BB10 is only two years old. Expecting users to migrate to a remade platform before that platform is ready for them is a road map to trouble. Welcome to trouble.

If Apple or Samsung found themselves with only single digit market share, i dare say they'd be looking for a differentiating product to push. If BB10 had pulled BB back into double digits, or even turned them in the right direction, they would be abandoning legacy with head spinning warp speed. They didn't and they're not. Now, it's up to us BBOSers to once again take the hit for the team? Will we receive gratitude? Or more blame... ????
    I haven't seen people be so bitter over a phone. Please move on. If you feel that switching to BlackBerry 10 is such a sacrifice please buy an iPhone Now or even an Android phone.

BlackBerry 10 is a totally new OS, of course there will be adjustments to be made for any change. I bet you will have much more to loose by switching to an iPhone or Android phone. I know coz I switched from my 9900 to a Z10 & I cannot imagine going back to any legacy device.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:53 AM
    Listening to you, it sounds like BlackBerry's problems stated with the Z10 and the Q10.

Blackberry's primary problems were internal and had very little to do with the consumers. They were reluctant to change. As a result, thousands lost their jobs, and the company which was once king of the hill, is loosing relevance in the smartphone arena.

Blackberry always.....
    It is their fault, but the people who buy their phones (or rather don't buy their phones because of one missing feature or the other) also share some part of the blame.

This is one of those, we did our best but it wasn't enough to help the company type situations.

Everybody knows that Blackberry's problems were internal. they shot themselves in the foot so much, it's doubtful as to how they are still standing.

But they are still standing.

And this is the important part. They have given us a new OS, given the BBOS that most love a massive amount of support, while hoping that the users will eventually transition to the new OS, so that they can better cater everyone as a whole group instead of two warring parties.

And that is where we come in. As i said before in my post, if we keep holding out because of a missing feature, even if they listen to us and intend to eventually find a way to slot it into new OS updates, unless we have the phone, we can't review and as a result, we can't tell them what they did right or wrong. If we don't buy the phones, even if they plan to cater to the need, low sales will stop them from doing that much because layoffs will happen and Blackberry might just move out of the hardware business altogether.

If we care about the company, and we want the company to survive, we owe it to help out when we have the chance to. Not sit on the sidelines, pointing fingers and criticising.
    spork141 likes this.
    09-09-14 09:14 AM
    isn't this the case for all phones?

Example. I don't want a replaceable battery. Mainly because I've had lots of battery door issues on my q10 and even z30. Every phone I've had with fixed batteries have felt amazing.
    It doesn't have to be as long as the phones designed for specific target markets are well thought based on its demand of features.
    While I agree with you on the batteries because the battery door of my Q10 constantly falls off and my Z10 is squeaking (while all my BB7 devices still hold up very well), the market may not.
    The Classic customer values efficiency and practicability the most, therefore he wants a smaller device, tool belt and removable battery. On the other hand, the Passport customer is probably an early adopter and values specs, features and screen size more than the actual usability. Therefore it's okay to go the non-removable route and make a device which is more multimedia concentrated and offers some "Wow-Features".
    Lastly you have the Porsche Design section which takes the typical premium hardware feel BB is known for to the next level and adds more exclusivity to the to - hopefully - the best from BlackBerrys Lineup (in this case, Passport or Z30 a year ago).

Actually feeling too much like an Armchair CEO now...
    09-09-14 09:14 AM
    Redlightblinking... Well said!! lol

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    09-09-14 09:19 AM
    And that is where we come in. As i said before in my post, if we keep holding out because of a missing feature, even if they listen to us and intend to eventually find a way to slot it into new OS updates, unless we have the phone, we can't review and as a result, we can't tell them what they did right or wrong. If we don't buy the phones, even if they plan to cater to the need, low sales will stop them from doing that much because layoffs will happen and Blackberry might just move out of the hardware business altogether.

If we care about the company, and we want the company to survive, we owe it to help out when we have the chance to. Not sit on the sidelines, pointing fingers and criticising.
    First off it's a damn company they owe me nothing and I owe them nothing. I hate it when people are talking about companies like a sportsteam or some sort of cult. The so called holdouts have more than often enough told Blackberry what they want and what they don't want, heck even the BBOS developers warned the QNX crowd.

Some features might come (if they do), others won't buying something just for the sake of it or to "show" support is a lat but it's also irrational. To me a phone either provides they things I want or it doesn't, there is no middle ground or compromise since it's my money and I'll decide how to use it.

Yeah it's a bit different with work phones but you still get to chooose from a bit of choices.
    spork141 and johnnyuk like this.
    09-09-14 11:35 AM
    ^everything this guy said. I know bbos peeps think their monthly fees to blackberry is some sort of relationship, but in reality it's a fee to provide that device with service. It's not a promise for anything more.

Simply put. BlackBerry doesn't sell then they will stop making phones for us and we'll never get there anyway.

It's not not about who's fault it is. It's a fact.

People are going to say "give me what I want first"... well they gave us modern os with multi core processor, much more ram, a big touch screen, now the toolbelt again and and the hotkeys. Lets not also forget apps (which is not an issue anymore with runtime)

It's our turn now guys. They did their part so far. We gotta chip in too.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-09-14 02:18 PM
    ^everything this guy said. I know bbos peeps think their monthly fees to blackberry is some sort of relationship, but in reality it's a fee to provide that device with service. It's not a promise for anything more.

Simply put. BlackBerry doesn't sell then they will stop making phones for us and we'll never get there anyway.

It's not not about who's fault it is. It's a fact.

People are going to say "give me what I want first"... well they gave us modern os with multi core processor, much more ram, a big touch screen, now the toolbelt again and and the hotkeys. Lets not also forget apps (which is not an issue anymore with runtime)

It's our turn now guys. They did their part so far. We gotta chip in too.

Posted via CB10
    The holdouts don't want BlackBerry to make an OS that gives them what iOS and android gives them, because they can use android devices for that. They want BlackBerry to be the same BlackBerry from 2007 - they want BBOS. Its a lost cause. They can continue to support them since it's a big enough base to justify supporting, but not a base that will grow but rather shrink, so no point in investing in making new bbos devices for them.

They don't need the legacy crowd - they need to sell apprx 10million devices a year to be profitable in their handset division.

Chen is going to find out that the strategy of appeasing the legacy people is a lost cause - the Q10 was the cash-cow that never was, and the Classic will be the same - for the sole reason that they want bbos, not bb10.

Let's focus on making the devices that might win new converts, entice the more adaptable legacy crowd, and continue adding functionality for all the BB10 users who are happy with their phones.

Can't wait for 10.3.1

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    09-09-14 02:45 PM
    The holdouts don't want BlackBerry to make an OS that gives them what iOS and android gives them, because they can use android devices for that. They want BlackBerry to be the same BlackBerry from 2007 - they want BBOS. Its a lost cause. They can continue to support them since it's a big enough base to justify supporting, but not a base that will grow but rather shrink, so no point in investing in making new bbos devices for them.

They don't need the legacy crowd - they need to sell apprx 10million devices a year to be profitable in their handset division.

Chen is going to find out that the strategy of appeasing the legacy people is a lost cause - the Q10 was the cash-cow that never was, and the Classic will be the same - for the sole reason that they want bbos, not bb10.

Let's focus on making the devices that might win new converts, entice the more adaptable legacy crowd, and continue adding functionality for all the BB10 users who are happy with their phones.

Can't wait for 10.3.1

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    You'd have a good point IF Z's were flying off the shelves. They're not. But, of course, that's BBOSers' fault also, so...

How many in this thread are NOT going to buy a Q20? Are you? If not, WHY are they here??

What got under the skin of at least a few in this thread is the implied obligation to buy one. Our rejection of the obligation has nothing to do with purchasing the device itself. I've already spoken for one. I will NOT commit to the other 25 for my office until MY Q20 is in hand and proves it will do what we need. What part of rational decision making is so hard to understand?

The Q10's failure was lack of toolbelt. I realize iGlass lovers think that's trivial but it's essential for some of us. My company would still be using our Q's if BBRY had included toolbelt with it. Instead, BBRY listened to iGlass lovers and crippled an otherwise wonderful device. The Q20 belatedly corrects that handicap only to take away the swappable battery. WHY?? What legacy users REQUESTED to get rid of the Q's swappable battery? Again, BBRY ignored legacy users and listened to iPhone lovers, IMO. Has ANYone at BBRY EVER used a 9900??? ??

No small part of my problem is that i've done such a good job of convincing management that fixed batteries are why we DON'T want iPhones. Now i get to go back to them and explain that Apple has really been right all these years and i've been wrong about it but... listen to me THIS time. Great. Thanks for supporting loyal supporters, bbry.

All that said, none of us wants to see BBRY fall. BB10.3 is close, getting closer. One of my company's vendors is committed to the Q20, sight unseen. They've grown dissatisfied with their Apples after working with my crew. I see other evidence of dissatisfaction in the iDroid world. Dissatisfaction that BBRY might have a chance to turn into markets. They HAVE a chance!
    DeliFresser likes this.
    09-09-14 04:40 PM
    You'd have a good point IF Z's were flying off the shelves. They're not. But, of course, that's BBOSers' fault also, so...

How many in this thread are NOT going to buy a Q20? Are you? If not, WHY are they here??

What got under the skin of at least a few in this thread is the implied obligation to buy one. Our rejection of the obligation has nothing to do with purchasing the device itself. I've already spoken for one. I will NOT commit to the other 25 for my office until MY Q20 is in hand and proves it will do what we need. What part of rational decision making is so hard to understand?

The Q10's failure was lack of toolbelt. I realize iGlass lovers think that's trivial but it's essential for some of us. My company would still be using our Q's if BBRY had included toolbelt with it. Instead, BBRY listened to iGlass lovers and crippled an otherwise wonderful device. The Q20 belatedly corrects that handicap only to take away the swappable battery. WHY?? What legacy users REQUESTED to get rid of the Q's swappable battery? Again, BBRY ignored legacy users and listened to iPhone lovers, IMO. Has ANYone at BBRY EVER used a 9900??? ??

No small part of my problem is that i've done such a good job of convincing management that fixed batteries are why we DON'T want iPhones. Now i get to go back to them and explain that Apple has really been right all these years and i've been wrong about it but... listen to me THIS time. Great. Thanks for supporting loyal supporters, bbry.

All that said, none of us wants to see BBRY fall. BB10.3 is close, getting closer. One of my company's vendors is committed to the Q20, sight unseen. They've grown dissatisfied with their Apples after working with my crew. I see other evidence of dissatisfaction in the iDroid world. Dissatisfaction that BBRY might have a chance to turn into markets. They HAVE a chance!
    Steve I feel you feel that we are trying to place "blame" on you. We are merely saying that "now that the toolbelt" is back, can we please move fwd again since that was one of the big holdups. Of course it makes sense for you to check it out for your team before you commit them. That type of situation was never at the heart of this thread to begin with.

The point was that when you go on other threads on this forum, specifically leaks, you get a while bunch of bbos users essentially trolling the thread and bashing all the stuff they see. A lot of "blackberry is not going trick me into this, I will wait till (insert feature here) before I commit my money!" I just feel that's a lame attitude to have and it hurts us and the company.

Sure the battery thing sucks for a lot of people here but I would have to think blackberry had a good reason to change it. Its not fair when people don't seem to think cost is a factor. I don't want to pretend that I know their exact reasoning here but I would assume it had to be cost in some way or another. Either that or tech limitations with the z30 internals.

But for the others in this thread who simply go on with the "blackberry abandoned us" attitude. It's gotta stop now. They are showing interest in us by bringing back the toolbelt and the hotkeys. That's not to be overlooked. If we can make this phone s winner maybe we'll get to the q30

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-09-14 05:08 PM
    Steve I feel you feel that we are trying to place "blame" on you. We are merely saying that "now that the toolbelt" is back, can we please move fwd again since that was one of the big holdups. Of course it makes sense for you to check it out for your team before you commit them. That type of situation was never at the heart of this thread to begin with.

The point was that when you go on other threads on this forum, specifically leaks, you get a while bunch of bbos users essentially trolling the thread and bashing all the stuff they see. A lot of "blackberry is not going trick me into this, I will wait till (insert feature here) before I commit my money!" I just feel that's a lame attitude to have and it hurts us and the company.

Sure the battery thing sucks for a lot of people here but I would have to think blackberry had a good reason to change it. Its not fair when people don't seem to think cost is a factor. I don't want to pretend that I know their exact reasoning here but I would assume it had to be cost in some way or another. Either that or tech limitations with the z30 internals.

But for the others in this thread who simply go on with the "blackberry abandoned us" attitude. It's gotta stop now. They are showing interest in us by bringing back the toolbelt and the hotkeys. That's not to be overlooked. If we can make this phone s winner maybe we'll get to the q30

Posted via CB10
    Well, anyone that's been around much surely realizes my support for toolbelt. I've done my part to push back against anti-toolbelt "trolls" in other threads. In the end, this is a Q20 forum. It should be oriented in support of genuine Q20 owners and future owners, IMO. Q20's Toolbelt will prove an invaluable asset even in a fixed battery device. We are exploring various strategies for mitigating the fixed battery issue. Never kno, my company is always open for exploring new markets?? Something smaller companies are well suited for. BB is certainly well equipped and positioned to leverage their potential agility afforded by their smaller organization.

All said, to call the Q20 a replacement for legacy Bold's is a long stretch. BUT, it will be a modern BB10 device with a tool belt! A wonderful development in it's own right. A development that just might find market potential beyond us legacy users. Q20 will do OK, IMO.
    Shadowyugi and Mr4aces like this.
    09-09-14 06:32 PM
448 ... 56789 ...