10-24-14 10:24 AM
448 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Hi i must be one of the BBOS holdouts? still using a Bold 9900,
    as for Q10 had one on loan for a few days and the screen right next to key board
    no gap to swipe so activated touch screen by mistake, if it had Track pad/function buttons
    less lightly to happen, but appeared well built and removable battery plus still expensive,
    then the double typing has that been cured on later ones?, all reasons to wait for
    the Classic to arrive, will it be as well built/reliable as 9900 has been,
    have seen leaked pictures and it looks good and probably a fixed battery,
    if the Classic is the BB10 version of the Bold 9900/30 then i may buy one,
    otherwise will carry on with 9900 or it's replacement, it's up to Blackberry.
    acovey likes this.
    09-07-14 04:36 PM
    ... had one on loan for a few days and the screen right next to key board
    no gap to swipe so activated touch screen by mistake ...
    You can disable the swipe to wake feature in settings and just use the button at the top. I use swipe to wake because I don't find it to be a problem. (I don't pocket my Q10 without it's leather sleeve.) Never had the double typing issue you mention.
    09-07-14 05:39 PM
    Only if the Classic is good enough to replace 9900 will i Convert to it,
    acovey and George_B like this.
    09-07-14 05:52 PM
    I don't care if it's because of a toolbelt, removable battery, programmable hot keys, charging contacts, or some silly bbos feature that hasn't been ported over. If the classic doesn't sell, you won't see another blackberry of this nature. It's time to accept change and get on the right side. Holding on to your ancient phone because some granular feature hadn't made its way to bb10 hardware yet is just as bad for BlackBerry as you getting an iphone or Android.

John Chen has brought you the toolbelt. Arguably a useless feature with how far touchscreen tech has come, but the BlackBerry community has seemed to embrace it anyway. This is where the divide has to end though.

This is as good as its going to get unless BlackBerry can prove that it can push hardware again. Time to shut up about all the little advantages charging contacts, or removable batteries bring, and move into reality. It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    What a crock of BS! I love my BB9900! It is the perfect tool for me! Everyone has their likes n dislikes and who are you to say it is about time for me to switch? What next? Tell me to get a new car cause mine is three years old?
    09-07-14 06:33 PM
    To each his own. When I sell my business in 18 months, I'm coming back to BB with whatever phone is available. I'm still here because of BB and the CrackBerry community. You folks and the phones are great; Z, Q, classic, passport, it doesn't matter.
    09-07-14 06:46 PM
    I don't care if it's because of a toolbelt, removable battery, programmable hot keys, charging contacts, or some silly bbos feature that hasn't been ported over. If the classic doesn't sell, you won't see another blackberry of this nature. It's time to accept change and get on the right side. Holding on to your ancient phone because some granular feature hadn't made its way to bb10 hardware yet is just as bad for BlackBerry as you getting an iphone or Android.

John Chen has brought you the toolbelt. Arguably a useless feature with how far touchscreen tech has come, but the BlackBerry community has seemed to embrace it anyway. This is where the divide has to end though.

This is as good as its going to get unless BlackBerry can prove that it can push hardware again. Time to shut up about all the little advantages charging contacts, or removable batteries bring, and move into reality. It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    I'm wondering how many BBOS members are they in crackberry forum.
    09-07-14 07:14 PM
    This thread really sucks, I purchase the phone I want. Blackberry is the ONLY manufacture of a BROAD range of phones and operating systems and It's my choice on what I buy. This is starting to sound like we should be like the iPhone people and only have one basic model with minor changes once each year, I would rather go back to my old flip phone.
    anon5288998 likes this.
    09-08-14 12:31 AM
    I just need the physical send/end keys since I'm always on the phone and I'm golden. Classic will be the only recent smartphone out there with this ever important feature!
    09-08-14 03:35 AM
    This thread really sucks, I purchase the phone I want. Blackberry is the ONLY manufacture of a BROAD range of phones and operating systems and It's my choice on what I buy. This is starting to sound like we should be like the iPhone people and only have one basic model with minor changes once each year, I would rather go back to my old flip phone.
    This is right. You decide what is best for you and how to spend money on it.
    However, if there is not enough demand on the market for Classic, this form factor will die. There is simply not enough demand for Bold 99xx to sustain it.
    Meta:
    Seeing in this thread that die hard BBOS users actually don't want to migrate anyway (because of perfectly valid reasons), I start to think that Classic was mistake.
    Old advice in product development is: listen to your existing (ie BlackBerry 10) users, not to "add this one feature and I will purchase" would-be users.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 03:52 AM
    Unless the someone else is paying for my phone I'll happily decide on my own how to spend my money. It's not like that people didn't tell blackberry what not to do with bb10 sadly they didn't listen. I'm not someone who is changing his phone just for the sake of doing so.

There are tons of examples of why removing existing features in updates is a bad idea. My curve is showing its age but if the classic doesn't offer the things I need than I'll buy the note 4 plus a used bold 9900 and be a happy camper.

Also as discussed in other threads some of the missing features are easy to implement just open the spirit other developers and allow skins... That's not expensive nor rocket science and should be expected from a 2 year old operating system
    09-08-14 04:20 AM
    This is right. You decide what is best for you and how to spend money on it.
    However, if there is not enough demand on the market for Classic, this form factor will die. There is simply not enough demand for Bold 99xx to sustain it.
    Meta:
    Seeing in this thread that die hard BBOS users actually don't want to migrate anyway (because of perfectly valid reasons), I start to think that Classic was mistake.
    Old advice in product development is: listen to your existing (ie BlackBerry 10) users, not to "add this one feature and I will purchase" would-be users.

Posted via CB10
    The crying shame of it is that while adding "this one feature", they chose to remove a different feature. Who ASKED them to do that? 9900 users are also current users, btw. All we can do, at this point, is trust that BB's market research proves superior to CB's forum opinions and embrace the device as best we can. If not with purchases, by at least understanding why Q20 users love their device.

Once we get some real world info on the device, the debate over what it should have been will be muted and we can get back to work helping to optimize the experience like CrackBerry members do.
    George_B likes this.
    09-08-14 05:48 AM
    You either leave the forum and site a satisfied user, or stay long enough to see yourself get annoyed and frustrated with the fanbase in the forum.
    09-08-14 05:54 AM
    OP is right.

I probably won't have phrased it the way he/she did, but they are right.

It is perfectly understandable that BBOS users have certain needs to be catered to and etc, but BlackBerry is currently trying to do that with the Q20. I remember when they first showed the Z10 and people were already getting worried and annoyed that there was a lack of a keyboard. Then they showed the Q10 and people got angry that there is no trackpad.

Like it or not, the stagnation in BBOS is the reason why BlackBerry is in the mess it is in today, and no matter how much they try and play the 'niche' game, and cater to their BBOS users, they will get eaten up into non-existence faster than a turkey on christmas day.

They made BB10 because they wanted to create a new OS from the ground up that offered a new experience and efficiency that modern phones were lacking. Understandably, they missed out some of the features of the old OS. That is where we come in. We show them support by embracing their change but also by telling them what could be improved and what was missing that was essential. Holding out and playing the "It is missing 'a' so I'm not going to buy it" only leaves you with an outdated phone and you will eventually be forced to change to one of the phones you have dissed on numerous occasions. And, here's the best part, the phone you end up moving to will STILL not have the things you want, and chances are they won't include them in subsequent updates.

They now have the classic coming out in November. If that doesn't sell, because people are holding out on their ideal devices, BlackBerry as a phone making company will probably end.

PS: - And to the person that said brand loyalty is foolish, you shouldn't be on this site. For one main reason. It is a fan site, which implies that one is a fan of the product, and one cannot be a regular visitor to the forum of a fan site unless said person is loyal to the brand. Check yourself.
    Last edited by Shadowyugi; 09-08-14 at 10:48 AM.
    Q10Bold and spork141 like this.
    09-08-14 06:03 AM
    OP is right.
    They now have the classic coming out in November. If that doesn't sell, because people are holding out on their ideal devices, BlackBerry as a phone making company will probably end.

PS: - And to the person that said brand loyalty is foolish, you shouldn't be on this site. For one main reason. It is a fan site, which implies that one is a fan of the product, and one cannot be a regular visitor to the forum of a fan site unless said person is loyal to the brand. Check yourself.
    Lol and lol if you want to throw money down the toilet go ahead hey it's just 16 days so you can always wait in line for the next great thing.

I'm not a cult follower if a phone doesn't offer the things I want I won't be buying it no matter what. I feel zero loyalty to any company I'm buying the things I want and some of the ultra fanboys here are starting to get annoying. Maybe just maybe BB screwed up with 10 and like I have said people warned bb before and even their old developers did..

What's next telling others what avatar they should use? It's a damn phone needs are different so stop that holier than bbos users crap.

The term classic at least to me implies that the phone has the classic features if it doesn't bb only has themselves to blame.

But hey I shouldn't visit this board because I'm not a cult follower and someone who can decide on his own

btw my oh so outdated curve needs two button presses in order to open my workout playlist (PP)
    DeliFresser likes this.
    09-08-14 06:37 AM
    Lol and lol if you want to throw money down the toilet go ahead hey it's just 16 days so you can always wait in line for the next great thing.

I'm not a cult follower if a phone doesn't offer the things I want I won't be buying it no matter what. I feel zero loyalty to any company I'm buying the things I want and some of the ultra fanboys here are starting to get annoying. Maybe just maybe BB screwed up with 10 and like I have said people warned bb before and even their old developers did..

What's next telling others what avatar they should use? It's a damn phone needs are different so stop that holier than bbos users crap.

The term classic at least to me implies that the phone has the classic features if it doesn't bb only has themselves to blame.

But hey I shouldn't visit this board because I'm not a cult follower and someone who can decide on his own
    It has been my experience that most people who say that brand loyalty is stupid, tend to have some loyalty to a brand or two. It might not be phones, but there is usually something you will always buy form a particular store because that is the only store you trust and you want to buy from.

From your comments, and the aggressive way you seem to want to put your point across, I won't be surprised if you actually had brand loyalty. But hey, what do I care, right?
    09-08-14 06:42 AM
    I can't go back to a keyboard phone now that I got used with full touch phones, but I will say this: If the Passport and the Classic don't get any traction, it is safe to assume that the physical keyboard smartphone market is pretty much dead.
    spork141 likes this.
    09-08-14 06:55 AM
    No I haven't and I don't think having it is a good thing. Yeah if the company makes something I like and continues to do so I'll buy it if they change up this and I don't like the new product I'm not buying it and move to another company.

Aggressive tone I'm wondering who is aggressive here? What the bb10 users need to understand is that every sold phone and customer helps. For some bbos is the perfect operating system why is that so hard to understand accept?

The problem at least to me is that the bb10 is too difficult to navigate through and lacks essential features

btw the best way to show a company that stuff needs to improve into vote with your money
    09-08-14 06:57 AM
    I realize that arguing over minutia is what the internet is all about. And that everyone wants a perfect phone. For some people, that would be a BB with a toolbelt. For others it's something more like the Z30 - all touch. Then there are the Q10/Passport types who want something in between. I want a phone with a huge touchscreen that I can reach with one thumb, plus a keyboard and neverending battery. But since I can't re-write the laws of physics, that ain't happening. I like the toolbelt - having hardware controls ALWAYS in the same place and never covered by an app is just really nice. Also nice is to have charging contacts, although arguably having Qi charging is even better. I would have like to see BB update the Z30 with another all touch phone, but I suspect that somehow I will survive with something like a Passport. No one here is ever going to be completely happy with what BB does. I can't remember a time when anyone ever was. People cried constantly over the roller ball on the 8330, then when the touch pad showed up they complained about THAT, although it was roughly a jillion times better than the trackball. So you may as well accept that BB is going to make what it's going to make, and you may love it or hate it but someone else is going to think it's the opposite of your opinion. I personally thing BB is going the right way. I don't think the classic is going to be a major seller for BB - I suspect the Passport will outsell it. I know it's what's I'm buying. But if someone forced me to, I'd be happy with a Classic
    idssteve likes this.
    09-08-14 07:02 AM
    I don't understand what makes you and others think that CrackBerry is a BlackBerry fan site. Look at the top of of this site. It clearly says that CrackBerry.com is "The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and abusers)". No mention of fans at all, so what makes you think this is a fan site?

This is a site for BlackBerry users, but I think the problem may be that there aren't very many normal users of BlackBerry left. Seems like nearly all of the people still using a BlackBerry are emotionally invested fans who buy anything with a BlackBerry logo on it and encourage others to do the same.

CrackBerry doesn't have to become a fanboy/girl only website just because most BlackBerry users these day are emotionally invested fans. This place should remain welcoming to all BlackBerry users.
    09-08-14 08:40 AM
    I don't understand what makes you and others think that CrackBerry is a BlackBerry fan site. Look at the top of of this site. It clearly says that CrackBerry.com is "The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and abusers)". No mention of fans at all, so what makes you think this is a fan site?
    Lol! I thought I was done with my own thread but this brought me back. Maybe you are taking it too literally? It's a fan site dude. You can't be addicted to blackberry if you have an iPhone, and if you are addicted to blackberry it's safe to say you are a fan. Oh and crack is addictive.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-08-14 08:53 AM
    It's a fan site dude.
    Posted via CB10
    Cool, so I guess mobile nations and Kevin himself don't know how to describe their own site? Wow, that's crazy. Maybe you should let them know that their website is for fans of BlackBerry and not the users of BlackBerry.

You can't be addicted to blackberry if you have an iPhone, and if you are addicted to blackberry it's safe to say you are a fan. Oh and crack is addictive.

Posted via CB10
    Kevin, the person who started this site, claims to have owned every iPhone released to date. So I take Kevin most not be addicted to the crack.

Look around, how many active posters on this site actually uses only BlackBerry devices? I'd wager far less than half of them. So it seems like there aren't all that many addicted people here. It would kill this site's traffic if only the addicted folks that you spoke of stayed and all of the users left. Just saying.
    09-08-14 09:20 AM
    I believe that the reason people are still buying legacy devices is not due to the fact that they find if more productive to be on the legacy devices. I believe that the factors are as follows ;

- Price of devices - ultimately legacy devices are half the price of BlackBerry 10 devices so if it is beyond your budget then you just make do with what you can afford. This argument does not apply in the west where devices are cheap. This is more towards countries where BlackBerry is stronger like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, etc.

- Sales people education. Most sales people at the shops doesn't know that there is BlackBerry 10 devices for sale.

- Network providers do not even offer BlackBerry 10 devices for sale. Most of them still only offer legacy devices for sale to their customers.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 10:04 AM
    It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.
    Posted via CB10
    The problem, though, is the classic is looks only. Plenty of folks aren't converting because the company doesn't want to support a new platform. They don't have time and money to move to a new BES and buy all new phones.

And some people don't want to upgrade simply because the apps they have aren't going to be available.

It isn't always just about the looks. But it would be nice if it was

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-08-14 10:16 AM
    The problem, though, is the classic is looks only. Plenty of folks aren't converting because the company doesn't want to support a new platform. They don't have time and money to move to a new BES and buy all new phones.

And some people don't want to upgrade simply because the apps they have aren't going to be available.

It isn't always just about the looks. But it would be nice if it was

Posted via CB from my LE
    This isn't talking to people "stuck" on bbos because of company or financial reasons. It's for people "holding out" for the perfect bb10 device before they upgrade. If you aren't in the market for a bb10 device then be happy and merry with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 10:39 AM
    I believe that the reason people are still buying legacy devices is not due to the fact that they find if more productive to be on the legacy devices. I believe that the factors are as follows ;

- Price of devices - ultimately legacy devices are half the price of BlackBerry 10 devices so if it is beyond your budget then you just make do with what you can afford. This argument does not apply in the west where devices are cheap. This is more towards countries where BlackBerry is stronger like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, etc.

- Sales people education. Most sales people at the shops doesn't know that there is BlackBerry 10 devices for sale.

- Network providers do not even offer BlackBerry 10 devices for sale. Most of them still only offer legacy devices for sale to their customers.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it is price. I haven't checked in a while, but for the longest time, both AT&T and Verizon were charging more for the Bold 9900/9930 both off and on contract than they were for the Q10 or Z10. Maybe in some places the legacy devices are half the cost of BB10 devices, but it doesn't appear to be so in the US.
    09-08-14 10:45 AM
448 ... 23456 ...