Hope you're right. Hard to migrate from BBOS without devices. JIC, our field service guys will start surveying carrier coverage along their routes, out in the sticks. Verizon's historically been best but some are questioning if that's still the case. We'll see.

Meantime, Verizon has already gotten an ear full from "yours truly", IT, and two in management who were too excited about the Passport. That persistent earful will continue with my usual tenacity. A characteristic you might have noticed about me, Spork. Lol
    Hehe yes indeed.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:45 AM
    Hope you're right. Hard to migrate from BBOS without devices. JIC, our field service guys will start surveying carrier coverage along their routes, out in the sticks. Verizon's historically been best but some are questioning if that's still the case. We'll see.

Meantime, Verizon has already gotten an ear full from "yours truly", IT, and two in management who were too excited about the Passport. That persistent earful will continue with my usual tenacity. A characteristic you might have noticed about me, Spork. Lol
    I don't know where you are, but here in Florida, I've gone way out into the everglades before and still had reception with AT&T.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-04-14 09:00 AM
    I don't know where you are, but here in Florida, I've gone way out into the everglades before and still had reception with AT&T.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Never know how much to divulge on the web but +1 for ATT. We'll see what our guys find. The crews we're most concerned with frequent mountainous areas. We're trying to stay compatible with them. They've lost functionality of some of their vehicle mounted amplifiers due to an FCC change of some kind. They're also already complaining about other issues with VZW so if they can make a case at all for ATT, we'll jump if VZW keeps playing games.
    10-04-14 11:40 AM
    Keep us updated, I'm curious to see how you adapt.
    As promised, I will give you a quick update on my Passport experience.

I took delivery on Friday 3rd October and used Link to switch from my 9900, all went well.

First of all, as I don't have huge hands I find that 2 handed operation makes me feel that the device is secure in my grip, those with large hands may well be able to use it one handed, but fear of dropping it prevents me from trying.

I was surprised how quickly I adapted to BB10, it does seem to be fairly intuitive to use.

I am not fully up to 9900 speed on the keyboard as yet, but am finding that using the virtual numbers and symbols comes quite naturally. Sure I will speed up as I use the keyboard more, just a matter of experimenting with using slightly different grips to get comfortable.

Overall the device is pretty damn good and coming from the 9900 the screen real estate is amazing. Also, I really like the convenience of Blend when working at home on the laptop, dealing with texts without having to pick the phone up is a time saver.

No regrets in my choice at all, the only things I am really missing are the Charging Dock and a Pouch, but I am sure that they will come in due course.

Oh yes, quick Edit as I forgot to mention the battery. Off charge at 11:00pm yesterday, it's now 1:00pm the next day and I have 94% remaining and have been on 4G the whole time and Bluetooth when out and about in the car. When at home connected to the Laptop with Blend.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 10-09-14 at 07:11 AM.
    idssteve, Xenolock and slagman5 like this.
    10-09-14 05:55 AM
    As promised, I will give you a quick update on my Passport experience.

I took delivery on Friday 3rd October and used Link to switch from my 9900, all went well.

First of all, as I don't have huge hands I find that 2 handed operation makes me feel that the device is secure in my grip, those with large hands may well be able to use it one handed, but fear of dropping it prevents me from trying.

I was surprised how quickly I adapted to BB10, it does seem to be fairly intuitive to use.

I am not fully up to 9900 speed on the keyboard as yet, but am finding that using the virtual numbers and symbols comes quite naturally. Sure I will speed up as I use the keyboard more, just a matter of experimenting with using slightly different grips to get comfortable.

Overall the device is pretty damn good and coming from the 9900 the screen real estate is amazing. Also, I really like the convenience of Blend when working at home on the laptop, dealing with texts without having to pick the phone up is a time saver.

No regrets in my choice at all, the only things I am really missing are the Charging Dock and a Pouch, but I am sure that they will come in due course.

Oh yes, quick Edit as I forgot to mention the battery. Off charge at 11:00pm yesterday, it's now 1:00pm the next day and I have 94% remaining and have been on 4G the whole time and Bluetooth when out and about in the car. When at home connected to the Laptop with Blend.
    How seamless is Blend? Is the connection pretty reliable from what you've experienced so far?
    10-09-14 09:17 AM
    How seamless is Blend? Is the connection pretty reliable from what you've experienced so far?
    Touch wood all has been well so far. Takes around 30 seconds to connect and load the Dashboard using WiFi.

Updates from phone to Blend or vice versa instantly.

No doubt more functionality will come in due course, but for now, in my experience it does what it says on the box.
    idssteve likes this.
    10-09-14 10:06 AM
    i have to confess that I have had a case of tunnel vision this past month and not explored other forums and mobile news. I surrender to the Q20 and will purchase it only because there doesn't seem to be a ergonomic keyboard in the future. I might not like the straight pkb and it will be like driving a car with a wide ratio manual gear box vs a close ratio. It is what it is. RIP ergonomic pkb.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 10-15-14 at 11:26 AM.
    10-11-14 08:10 AM
    i have to confess that I have had a case of tunnel vision this past month and not explored other forums and mobile news. I surrender to the Q20 and will purchase it only because there doesn't seem to be a ergonomic keyboard in the future. I might not like the straight pkb and it will be like drivering a car with a wide ratio manual gear box vs a close ratio. It is what it is. RIP ergonomic pkb.
    The Classic is supposed to encourage the Legacy hold outs to join the happy band of
    BB10 owners by bringing back the track pad and function keys, but were is the
    Removable battery? I could live with that, but to fit a straight keyboard instead
    Of the 9900's curved one the best in the business is a stroke of genius,
    Why? Probably to save a few Dollars by fitting the Q10 one, lets hope
    the double typing issue does not come to the Classic,
    I will try one when it arrives but if turns out not to equal the Classic 9900,
    then back to the bunker and no surrender, where did i put the magic mushrooms?.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-14-14 10:27 PM
    it is not about the phone anymore... it is about the life of keyboard phone. if classic doesnt sell, no one is willing to manufacture a phone with great qwerty keyboard....
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-14-14 11:00 PM
    The Classic is supposed to encourage the Legacy hold outs to join the happy band of
    BB10 owners by bringing back the track pad and function keys, but were is the
    Removable battery? I could live with that, but to fit a straight keyboard instead
    Of the 9900's curved one the best in the business is a stroke of genius,
    Why? Probably to save a few Dollars by fitting the Q10 one, lets hope
    the double typing issue does not come to the Classic,
    I will try one when it arrives but if turns out not to equal the Classic 9900,
    then back to the bunker and no surrender, where did i put the magic mushrooms?.
    it is not about the phone anymore... it is about the life of keyboard phone. if classic doesnt sell, no one is willing to manufacture a phone with great qwerty keyboard....
    Another problem is the unofficial specs indicate a down grade to a LCD screen from the Q10. Lets hope the price reflects this.

I was hoping for a high end 9900 with high end specs, oh well.

We "might" get lucky. John Chen announced a "Classic 2", but they also announced there would be a Foxconn version 2 months ago of the "Classic" who knows what they will do. The good thing is looks like the PassPort is selling and BB will be in the mobile device business at least 2 more quarters.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-15-14 11:33 AM
    Another problem is the unofficial specs indicate a down grade to a LCD screen from the Q10. Lets hope the price reflects this.

We "might" get lucky. John Chen announced a "Classic 2", but they also announced there would be a Foxconn version 2 months ago of the "Classic" who knows what they will do. The good thing is looks like the PassPort is selling and BB will be in the mobile device business at least 2 more quarters.
    The classic is a bold with high end specs. The performance bump and features compared to the 9900 is immeasurable. If you want to complain that it's not an upgrade to the q10 then fine. But please stop with the bold talk. It's like comparing an atari to a mac book pro. Maybe a mac book pro 2010, but still a world's difference.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    10-15-14 11:53 AM
    The classic is a bold with high end specs. The performance bump and features compared to the 9900 is immeasurable. If you want to complain that it's not an upgrade to the q10 then fine. But please stop with the bold talk. It's like comparing an atari to a mac book pro. Maybe a mac book pro 2010, but still a world's difference.

Posted via CB10
    I'll say it again:
    You keep defending the "Classic" which I repect your opinion. But who made you the official "Classic Forum" Monitor?
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-15-14 12:10 PM
    I'll say it again:

You keep defending the "Classic" which I repect your opinion. But who made you the official "Classic Forum" Monitor?
    Well, I started the thread so. I dunno I guess I'm active in it.

I just feel that the general issue is "I thought it was going to be/have _______ but it really only has _________"

I hate that. That's not how things work. BlackBerry is especially not at liberty to have the right device for each and every one of us. They don't have the money anymore. You either like the phone, or you don't. Whatever it's name is. It's a product in and of itself. It was never a bold replacement or a q10 upgrade. It just is what it is.

I have a z30 and used to have a q10. The q10 would have been perfect but I still felt the screen was a bit small. Extra resolution or not, it just felt cramped. I was happy to take on the z30 but now I miss the keyboard again. If I go for the classic I will be taking a hit in a lot of spec areas. But I don't complain because I don't feel like blackberry wronged me. It's my call. Overall the spec loss will barley register for my day to day work and personal needs, and I will get my keyboard back and an unneeded (but welcome) toolbelt.

So if I can go from a z30 to a classic and not be angry at BlackBerry I can't see how a bboser can be on here raising torches. It's a huge upgrade in almost every way. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Posted via CB10
    Alexandre Biron likes this.
    10-15-14 01:45 PM
    Well, I started the thread so. I dunno I guess I'm active in it.

I just feel that the general issue is "I thought it was going to be/have _______ but it really only has _________"

I hate that. That's not how things work. BlackBerry is especially not at liberty to have the right device for each and every one of us. They don't have the money anymore. You either like the phone, or you don't. Whatever it's name is. It's a product in and of itself. It was never a bold replacement or a q10 upgrade. It just is what it is.

I have a z30 and used to have a q10. The q10 would have been perfect but I still felt the screen was a bit small. Extra resolution or not, it just felt cramped. I was happy to take on the z30 but now I miss the keyboard again. If I go for the classic I will be taking a hit in a lot of spec areas. But I don't complain because I don't feel like blackberry wronged me. It's my call. Overall the spec loss will barley register for my day to day work and personal needs, and I will get my keyboard back and an unneeded (but welcome) toolbelt.

So if I can go from a z30 to a classic and not be angry at BlackBerry I can't see how a bboser can be on here raising torches. It's a huge upgrade in almost every way. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Posted via CB10
    This is the best answer I have seen so far to a post by Mr4aces!
    10-15-14 02:29 PM
    Rookie here, but I am currently on the Bold 9650. What does the Classic's screen like compared to this? Anyone know this?
    10-15-14 02:58 PM
    This is the best answer I have seen so far to a post by Mr4aces!
    Thank you sir

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:31 PM

Great, he announces a Classic 2 before the Classic 1 even comes out, way to kill the Classic 1.
    10-16-14 02:49 AM
    Another problem is the unofficial specs indicate a down grade to a LCD screen from the Q10.
    I would like to see the Classic's screen in real life before thinking that it is a downgrade from the Q10. That's because I personally prefer the LCD screens over Amoled. So, hopefully the LCD screen of the Classic looks better than the Amoled screen of the Q10, regardless of what the specs might indicate!
    10-16-14 03:20 AM
    Great, he announces a Classic 2 before the Classic 1 even comes out, way to kill the Classic 1.
    I always assume that there is a sequel. So there is no point on holding out for something else in the future.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:30 AM
    LCD and AMOLED have different technologies
    10-16-14 03:41 AM
    On my Bold 9650 now, until the Classic comes out. However, the device is frozen on the speaker symbol. I have pulled the battery three times, still frozen. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
    10-23-14 12:21 PM
    On my Bold 9650 now, until the Classic comes out. However, the device is frozen on the speaker symbol. I have pulled the battery three times, still frozen. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
    Maybe stuck "mute" or "volume" key? Too long since my 9650. One of my favorites tho. I'd ask the 9650 forum if you haven't yet. Good luck.
    10-24-14 06:59 AM
    Got it working. Thanks
    10-24-14 10:24 AM
448 ... 161718