Unless Sprint decides to carry the Classic (or possibly the Passport, if I can get over the feeling of carrying a big-screen TV in my pocket), a holdout I will remain.
    10-01-14 03:14 PM
    They really need to issue 10.3.1 soon officially, that in itself will help promote Classic.
    10-01-14 07:44 PM
    Spork, i truly apologize if you feel we've been talking passed each other. I, for one, have learned some things from your thread and am continuing to evaluate and modify my perspective on several things. All thanks to this thread. No need to give up. There IS hope! Take a look at the 10.3.1 SDK thread and you'll see long lost functionality IS finally being restored! Mr Chen has listened!! Nothing "doomed" about a company listening to their customers!

BB can't make Passports fast enough and i'm willing to bet the Q20 "Classic" will make a fine showing itself. Apple is vulnerable and BB is well positioned and well equipped to capitalize on that, also. Getting BB's market share into double digits might not happen for a while but Chen has stabilized the ship and given the company time to grow. Things are looking up!
    Well thanks for at least not taking my half joking comment too seriously. Yes Steve I do believe we are still in the same side and hopefully we all get there one day soon

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-01-14 08:52 PM
    Well, after much soul searching I have decided to retire my Bold 9900 and tomorrow will be taking delivery of a Passport.

Time to embrace the new, but I will miss BB 7.1 an in particular the Hybrid OS's.

To all of you who hold out for the Classic I hope it delivers what you want from it.

I hope that the Passport will do the same for me !!!
    spork141 likes this.
    10-02-14 12:05 PM
    Well, after much soul searching I have decided to retire my Bold 9900 and tomorrow will be taking delivery of a Passport.

Time to embrace the new, but I will miss BB 7.1 an in particular the Hybrid OS's.

To all of you who hold out for the Classic I hope it delivers what you want from it.

Can you point me to a hybrid os tutorial?? I use my bold just for fun but wanted to play with the hybrid os but haven't found and easy tutorials for beginners on a mac.
    10-02-14 01:48 PM
    Can you point me to a hybrid os tutorial?? I use my bold just for fun but wanted to play with the hybrid os but haven't found and easy tutorials for beginners on a mac.
    I have used the BL Hybrids since July 2012 and they have been amazing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/

Can't help with installing with a MAC though, never used one. Think your best bet is to find a friend with a Windows PC for installing Legacy OS's.
    10-02-14 02:03 PM

Congrats sir. If you ever have any questions on bb10 don't hesitate to ask. You are likely in for some size and screen shock.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-02-14 02:41 PM

Keep us updated, I'm curious to see how you adapt.
    Chrisy and flyingsolid like this.
    10-02-14 02:42 PM
    Will do, I don't expect the first few days to be easy but hopefully I will get the hang of it without tearing too much of my hair out, can't afford to lose an awful lot more !!!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-03-14 03:06 AM
    Congrats sir. If you ever have any questions on bb10 don't hesitate to ask. You are likely in for some size and screen shock.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you kind sir, you may live to regret making that offer !!!
    wilber1 likes this.
    10-03-14 03:07 AM
    And if the specs are not there, going back to 9900... Warning !
    Loved my 9900 to death, but in 2012. Talking about specs? C'mon even the lowest speced BB10 blows a 9900 out of the water when it comes to specs.

I'm a former BBOS diehard, but honestly BB10 is so much better!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:20 AM
    I have surprised myself at how quickly I have got the hang of the Passport.

Only had it up and running for around 4 hours but I am already quite OK with the OS and could take it to work and get through a normal day without struggling too much.

Keyboard is surprisingly OK after the 9900 and the 4th virtual row has quickly becomes second nature.

I will keep you updated as I learn more about it, but to far so good which I must confess I wasn't expecting to be able to say.

Even downloaded an Android App (Sugar Sync) as there isn't one for BB10 and it runs fine.

Still wanting to press a button to exit apps etc rather than swipe but these things are bound to take time,
    10-03-14 12:05 PM

Only had it up and running for around 4 hours but I am already quite OK with the OS and could take it to work and get through a normal day without struggling too much.

Keyboard is surprisingly OK after the 9900 and the 4th virtual row has quickly becomes second nature.

I will keep you updated as I learn more about it, but to far so good which I must confess I wasn't expecting to be able to say.

Even downloaded an Android App (Sugar Sync) as there isn't one for BB10 and it runs fine.

Still wanting to press a button to exit apps etc rather than swipe but these things are bound to take time,
    If a BB10 user would have posted this, I would have taken it with the grain of salt. Coming from a avid 9900 user has a big wow!

I also was interested in the PassPort, but the size out weighed the pluses. Maybe some sort of holster might be a solution. When I think of a holster I think of what we used to carry a slide ruler in HS. Yes, I had one but never carried on my belt like the nerds. Maybe just carry a light coat in the summer or shove it in my hip pocket.
    Or just go without when away from home.

The bad thing is BB has given 9900 users no choice but to upgrade to the Q20 or accept the battery and RAM problems of the 9900 and only use it what it's known for.

Glad you like it.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-03-14 04:08 PM
    I don't care if it's because of a toolbelt, removable battery, programmable hot keys, charging contacts, or some silly bbos feature that hasn't been ported over. If the classic doesn't sell, you won't see another blackberry of this nature. It's time to accept change and get on the right side. Holding on to your ancient phone because some granular feature hadn't made its way to bb10 hardware yet is just as bad for BlackBerry as you getting an iphone or Android.

John Chen has brought you the toolbelt. Arguably a useless feature with how far touchscreen tech has come, but the BlackBerry community has seemed to embrace it anyway. This is where the divide has to end though.

This is as good as its going to get unless BlackBerry can prove that it can push hardware again. Time to shut up about all the little advantages charging contacts, or removable batteries bring, and move into reality. It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    Ok! Be right there!
    10-03-14 04:10 PM
    Ok! Be right there!
    Hey. Nice to see you!

I guess people like what they like.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-03-14 04:22 PM
    I'm curious to see how I like BlackBerry 10 compared to BBOS too! What are you rocking now?
    10-03-14 05:07 PM
    I'm curious to see how I like BlackBerry 10 compared to BBOS too! What are you rocking now?
    Still this crappy iphone5, hate it more and more.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-03-14 05:54 PM
    Still this crappy iphone5, hate it more and more.
    Ditto. Cept I went with the 5c. I don't hate it, except the keyboard. I just miss BlackBerry like always.

Are you going for the classic? Since you're a hardcore holdout, maybe you can tell me what I'll miss with BlackBerry 10 over legacy besides the obvious like BIS.
    10-03-14 05:59 PM
    Ditto. Cept I went with the 5c. I don't hate it, except the keyboard. I just miss BlackBerry like always.

Are you going for the classic? Since you're a hardcore holdout, maybe you can tell me what I'll miss with BlackBerry 10 over legacy besides the obvious like BIS.
    Everything, even the keyboard is not the same without the tool belt. Maybe the Classic will change that, we'll have to see.

If I could I would go back to a 9900 but Vodafone want another �5 a month on top of the �40 I'm paying to change my plan as I'm mid contract.

I'd rather buy a roll of film with that fiver
    10-03-14 06:13 PM
    Everything, even the keyboard is not the same without the tool belt. Maybe the Classic will change that, we'll have to see.

If I could I would go back to a 9900 but Vodafone want another �5 a month on top of the �40 I'm paying to change my plan as I'm mid contract.

I'd rather buy a roll of film with that fiver
    We'll get through the transition together. A BlackBerry minus some legacy features is still better than our iPhones!

I admit, I really just miss blinky!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-03-14 06:30 PM
    We'll get through the transition together. A BlackBerry minus some legacy features is still better than our iPhones!

I admit, I really just miss blinky!
    Indeed, I miss the keyboard like crazy, I make so many typos on the iPhone.

The decision will be harder as long as the BBOS devices and BIS are still available though.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 04:03 AM

Congratulations! At least you managed to score a device. No luck with Verizon. How are you getting along with "send" and "end"... ??? Is the device a single handed possibility?

My plan has long been to replace the PlayBook with a Passport for mostly desktop service while the "Classic" serves primary duties with the old 9900 as backup for the next half+ yr, or so.

I've stuck my neck out AGAIN and sold management on 26 "Classics" but NOW we question if Verizon will even carry the "Classic" since they don't seem to be carrying the Passport? My neck is feeling vulnerable again, but what's new?

We're exploring non Verizon options but carriers need to hear and feel demand for BB devices! No clue what BB/carrier issues need resolving but Chen can't do it ALL himself. We can do our part for BB by demanding carriers to offer Passports and "Classics"!! Verizon, at several levels, is quite fatigued of hearing it from me, already.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 04:20 AM
    Congratulations! At least you managed to score a device. No luck with Verizon. How are you getting along with "send" and "end"... ??? Is the device a single handed possibility? .
    I was very lucky to get my hands on one, a fellow CB member gave me a contact at Voda UK who seemed to be the only guy in the place who could get hold of them. Got one of the first 20 that came in.

Unless you have large hands I thing that it is a 2 handed device.

Getting along far better than expected with the OS and lack of buttons. the whole thing is so different to the Bold that I have to consciously think about what I am doing but it's not proving to be too painful.

My fear with the Classic was always that I would get frustrated with it as it had the same form factor as the Bold but would work differently so I would instinctively try and use it exactly like the Bold and it wouldn't do what I wanted it to.

So far, no regrets with trying the Passport but very early days.
    idssteve likes this.
    10-04-14 04:39 AM
    Congratulations! At least you managed to score a device. No luck with Verizon. How are you getting along with "send" and "end"... ??? Is the device a single handed possibility?

My plan has long been to replace the PlayBook with a Passport for mostly desktop service while the "Classic" serves primary duties with the old 9900 as backup for the next half+ yr, or so.

I've stuck my neck out AGAIN and sold management on 26 "Classics" but NOW we question if Verizon will even carry the "Classic" since they don't seem to be carrying the Passport? My neck is feeling vulnerable again, but what's new?

We're exploring non Verizon options but carriers need to hear and feel demand for BB devices! No clue what BB/carrier issues need resolving but Chen can't do it ALL himself. We can do our part for BB by demanding carriers to offer Passports and "Classics"!! Verizon, at several levels, is quite fatigued of hearing it from me, already.
    I'm not concerned that verizon won't carry the classic. The passport is a very edge case type device. Makes sense that it might be an exclusive.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:40 AM
    I'm not concerned that verizon won't carry the classic. The passport is a very edge case type device. Makes sense that it might be an exclusive.

Posted via CB10
    Hope you're right. Hard to migrate from BBOS without devices. JIC, our field service guys will start surveying carrier coverage along their routes, out in the sticks. Verizon's historically been best but some are questioning if that's still the case. We'll see.

Meantime, Verizon has already gotten an ear full from "yours truly", IT, and two in management who were too excited about the Passport. That persistent earful will continue with my usual tenacity. A characteristic you might have noticed about me, Spork. Lol
    10-04-14 07:20 AM
448 ... 15161718