And this is the crux of the matter. I do not consider the loss of a feature I use and the gain of a feature that I do not use to be an upgrade.

It remains to be seen whether the Classic retains the featuures most important to ME. If not, oh well, I will keep my 9930...
    Today's data on profiles, speed dial and shortcuts is quite encouraging!
    09-29-14 02:49 PM
    Interesting thread.

I am a holdout. At release, the Q10 interested me with its new features but overall it lost me with it's removal of features I often used.

I am again now looking at the Classic. Can only hope BB listened and somehow includes ALL the best features in this one phone.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-29-14 07:39 PM
    Interesting thread.

I am a holdout. At release, the Q10 interested me with its new features but overall it lost me with it's removal of features I often used.

I am again now looking at the Classic. Can only hope BB listened and somehow includes ALL the best features in this one phone.
    So which features are those?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:33 PM
    Trackpad for precise, fast and no hassle text manipulation.
    Keyboard shortcuts to launch apps.
    Large number of viewable lines or info per screen.
    Push email, I'm on Yahoo.
    All the belt button for what they do well.
    Convenience key was great when Vlingo use to work.
    Not having to worry about accidentally touching the screen, I'm using Curve.

I was willing to give up some of the above, but the first 3 are really important to me for efficiency sake.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-29-14 09:13 PM
    Today's data on profiles, speed dial and shortcuts is quite encouraging!
    Yes, definitely an improvement, but still no holster profiles and seeing the date is still a multi-step process. But at least they are making some progress...
    09-30-14 12:27 AM
    It would be interesting.... to see if they would jump to the classic, if the classic has BBOS7 NOT BBOS10

lol
    09-30-14 12:33 AM
    Yes, definitely an improvement, but still no holster profiles and seeing the date is still a multi-step process. But at least they are making some progress...
    We waited 10+ years for BBOS to mature. A few for BB10 can be tolerated so long as we see we're not abandoned. Yesterday's SDK news confirmed we aren't abandoned...
    JGoodard likes this.
    09-30-14 05:52 AM
    It would be interesting.... to see if they would jump to the classic, if the classic has BBOS7 NOT BBOS10

lol
    YES!!! I would in a heartbeat! Throw 2G RAM and 1.5+ multicore at OS7.1, and find some way to make it work (good luck), and no small number of us would be ALL over it!! Some of us simply aren't experiencing the "spinning clocks" and "chronic mem leaks" BBOS haters have obviously experienced. 7.1 doesn't handle touch interface well but I DON'T LIKE TOUCH! !!! I DO NOT MISS USING IT on my 9900!!!!! !!!!!!! Call me strange but DON'T call me stupid!!!
    09-30-14 06:08 AM
    If BB10 is supposedly so powerful that it runs Android why couldn't they make a version that runs BBOS?
    09-30-14 06:12 AM
    We waited 10+ years for BBOS to mature. A few for BB10 can be tolerated so long as we see we're not abandoned. Yesterday's SDK news confirmed we aren't abandoned...
    Yah, but it's not like they are starting from scratch. They should take what they learned from BBOS and start where that left off...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-30-14 09:19 AM
    No we didn't lol, most people got on board with the 8300s, 9000 and then 9700 series when it was already matured feature wise, only then BB achieved big sale numbers, before that they were relatively small.

Nobody waited 10+ years for anything
    09-30-14 09:44 AM
    No we didn't lol, most people got on board with the 8300s, 9000 and then 9700 series when it was already matured feature wise, only then BB achieved big sale numbers, before that they were relatively small.

Nobody waited 10+ years for anything
    Depends on where you start counting... I waited 60+ yrs for 7.1.0.1066... lol

BTW, I think running BBOS under QNX makes too much sense... you'd have to get QNX developers to let BBOS guys sit in the same room for at least a few minutes... novel concept...
    09-30-14 09:53 AM
    Depends on where you start counting... I waited 60+ yrs for 7.1.0.1066... lol

BTW, I think running BBOS under QNX makes too much sense... you'd have to get QNX developers to let BBOS guys sit in the same room for at least a few minutes... novel concept...
    Here's the thing, most of the features the BBOS hold outs like didn't arrive with OS7.1, they were there at OS4 and even earlier, auto on/off for example or shortcuts.

Excluding the BBOS guys was the worst and most arrogant decision BB ever made.
    kbz1960 and Mr4aces like this.
    09-30-14 10:40 AM
    I'm just happy that blackberry brought back the trackpad functions in the passport and the trackpad and "toolbelt" with the classic. When I found out last week that you can program apps and numbers to open with certain buttons that was a big plus. Now whenever the classic comes out going to decide between that and the passport. Hope this is the phone that people finally feel comfortable enough to make the jump to bb10.
    09-30-14 10:44 AM
    You know what would help me decide?? If the Classic would come now. I'm not holding out and i defiantly am not going with anything that starts with an " i " . So you are safe on that one. Seriously though i am ready to get a phone asap. whats the hold up? Why should i not just go get an android phone? It will more than likely have a lower price, faster ram speeds, and better display.
    09-30-14 11:15 AM
    This is why we are doomed. Can the moderator close my own thread? Is that even possible? I can't take it anymore. There's no use.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:17 PM
    This is why we are doomed. Can the moderator close my own thread? Is that even possible? I can't take it anymore. There's no use.

Posted via CB10
    Don't freak out, just remember that there will always be people unwilling and/or unable to adpat or to progress. We've seen this with even desktop OS; I mean look at how many people are still running Windows XP, lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:28 PM
    Don't freak out, just remember that there will always be people unwilling and/or unable to adpat or to progress. We've seen this with even desktop OS; I mean look at how many people are still running Windows XP, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention there's a certain satisfaction from using "obsolete" technology, I enjoy taking pictures with cameras from the 1950's and earlier, most people still wear mechanical watches, wind on or battery powered, not everything has to be aggressively innovated at a heart racing pace. If you look around your house you'll see things that haven't changed for hundreds of years or longer.
    10-01-14 02:27 AM
    I agree with OP. This might be our last chance. If the Classic and Passport fail there wont be any new phones from BlackBerry. Thats for sure. No Z50, no Z20 etc.
    Then the sky will fall and the world will end.

Wait ... no, that won't happen. In fact, those who have BlackBerry phones would still be able to use them, just as I'm still using my Palm Treo 755p, even though Palm no longer exists and Palm OS isn't developed or supported.
    AllanQuatermain and Mr4aces like this.
    10-01-14 10:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Spork, i truly apologize if you feel we've been talking passed each other. I, for one, have learned some things from your thread and am continuing to evaluate and modify my perspective on several things. All thanks to this thread. No need to give up. There IS hope! Take a look at the 10.3.1 SDK thread and you'll see long lost functionality IS finally being restored! Mr Chen has listened!! Nothing "doomed" about a company listening to their customers!

BB can't make Passports fast enough and i'm willing to bet the Q20 "Classic" will make a fine showing itself. Apple is vulnerable and BB is well positioned and well equipped to capitalize on that, also. Getting BB's market share into double digits might not happen for a while but Chen has stabilized the ship and given the company time to grow. Things are looking up!
    Mr4aces and anon8330237 like this.
    10-01-14 10:10 AM
    What SDK news?
    10-01-14 11:46 AM
    What SDK news?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rrives-963242/
    UKAsh likes this.
    10-01-14 12:33 PM
    What SDK news?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rrives-963242/

Some of the customization features some BBOSers have missed are finally coming back..
    UKAsh likes this.
    10-01-14 12:37 PM
    And if the specs are not there, going back to 9900... Warning !
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-01-14 02:33 PM
    And if the specs are not there, going back to 9900... Warning !
    Warning heeded. So what is going to happen?
    10-01-14 02:37 PM
448 ... 1415161718