well said!!
    you hold outs are killing the company. don't be scared.
    09-26-14 08:24 PM
    @evodevo69 stop ranting at people, you aren't making much sense. Nobody here is anti BB10. We are all customers and supporters of the company at the end of the day. Like someone else said, you aren't going to tell someone to sell their 3 year old car just to buy a new one when it works ok for them.

Look at what you gone did and make posters like miketko come to strange conclusions.
    09-26-14 08:25 PM
    Stop ranting at people, you aren't making much sense. Nobody here is anti BB10. We are all customers and supporters of the company at the end of the day. Like someone else said, you aren't going to tell someone to sell their 3 year old car just to buy a new one when it works ok for them.
    But the issue is with you bbosers if that you guys are the ones who come here and complain about Bb10 devices. If your bbos devices work for you then be happy with it.

And also your car analogy doesn't work. A car should be around for over 10 years. Your phone turn around time is actually about 2-3 years. So by your definition. Yes. It is time.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:29 PM
    Huh?! You're the one who started the thread and nagging everyone else. Nobody came here to complain about BB10 devices specifically, at least I didn't. People are mainly trying to explain why they like using their legacy 9900, that's all.
    09-26-14 08:33 PM
    Huh?! You're the one who started the thread and nagging everyone else. Nobody came here to complain about BB10 devices specifically, at least I didn't. People are mainly trying to explain why they like using their legacy 9900, that's all.
    Lots of bbosers are. Maybe not you per say. Check out the "let's protest the classics and call it the q20" thread.

If you are happy with bbos and not complaining, there's no issue. It's the ones who expect blackberry to give them every little thing they want in a device.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:10 PM
    Yet more wonderful logic by bbos lovers/anti-bb10 haters.

You'd stick with the 9900 because the Classic offers so little of its features (anyone on the street will laugh you off the stage) and yet you think you'll somehow like the Passport which runs the same OS as the Classic will - the glaring exception is that not only is the keyboard not going to be "ergonomic" (gasp!), it's missing the shift! The alt! It combines virtual keys! The spacebar is placed different! Oh my.

You're going to hate it.

Stick with the bold - pretty sure it'll still be around till the day BlackBerry no longer makes handsets.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    Wrong, I am not sticking with the 9900 because I am a BB10 hater, I am ordering a passport on the 1st October which is the day my carrier makes it available.

True, I didn't like the Q10 and didn't get one but I fail to see how that makes me a BB10 hater !!!

As soon as the Classic/Passport were announced I knew that I would be upgrading to one or the other, and as the specs became available it was apparent to me that the Passport would suit my business needs better than the Classic. Simple as that, I am replacing the Bold with the phone that I can use most efficiently for what I need to do on a day to day basis.

With the Bold I had to carry a lap top to complete web based reports for my clients. With the Passport I can do the reports on the phone and leave the lap top at home.

So I have to learn a new OS and a new keyboard, big deal, why would I not if it means I can get my work done more effectively ?

Next time you feel the need to have a meaningless rant, please hold your breath and count to 10 before you do the post. If you make a reasoned argument people may take you more seriously.
    09-27-14 05:39 AM
    I don't care if it's because of a toolbelt, removable battery, programmable hot keys, charging contacts, or some silly bbos feature that hasn't been ported over. If the classic doesn't sell, you won't see another blackberry of this nature. It's time to accept change and get on the right side. Holding on to your ancient phone because some granular feature hadn't made its way to bb10 hardware yet is just as bad for BlackBerry as you getting an iphone or Android.

John Chen has brought you the toolbelt. Arguably a useless feature with how far touchscreen tech has come, but the BlackBerry community has seemed to embrace it anyway. This is where the divide has to end though.

This is as good as its going to get unless BlackBerry can prove that it can push hardware again. Time to shut up about all the little advantages charging contacts, or removable batteries bring, and move into reality. It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, your post is a few months too early, shouldn't you wait until the device is actually available to buy?
    09-28-14 04:25 AM
    But the issue is with you bbosers if that you guys are the ones who come here and complain about Bb10 devices. If your bbos devices work for you then be happy with it.

And also your car analogy doesn't work. A car should be around for over 10 years. Your phone turn around time is actually about 2-3 years. So by your definition. Yes. It is time.

Posted via CB10
    I believe the BBOSers were here first
    09-28-14 04:33 AM
    I don't agree with you there. I think it's very obvious blackberry is trying hard to transition off of legacy to bb10. And yes it is impossibly expensive supporting 2 device operating systems and services. I'm not saying blackberry doesn't want "bis" revenue. Im saying they want to make it in new ways and services through bb10 devices. They can't do that if people don't switch.

And on a side note. I'm firmly in the "I don't see the toolbelt as being a necessity on a modern devices" club, but I don't understand the toolbelt haters either. If blackberry wants to make additional (possibly redundant) features for me at a reasonable price, hell I'll take it. Bring back the click wheel too at this point, the more the merrier.

Posted via CB10
    Impossibly expensive? BB is only alive now because the money BIS and BBOS BES brings in service revenue.

There would be no BB10 if they would've stopped supporting BBOS
    09-28-14 04:36 AM
    I understand the users point

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:39 AM
    I was interested in the Classic, but after seeing the picture side-by-side with the 9900 the thing looks fricking huge. I thought the Passport was supposed to be the device for people who want something unweildy. They really should have stuck with the 3.1" screen.

Also don't know if the phone will be able to be fully navigated without touching the screen, and whether they will have a good dock you can throw it in at night.

I suppose if it is cheap enough, I might buy one to play with, but might have to keep taking the 9900 to work since it does a good job of staying out of the way.
    09-28-14 12:06 PM
    the bbos holdouts are still going to be holding out and the classic isn't going to get them to convert to bb10. if you're stubborn enough to still be on bb7, nothing is going to make you happy. blackberry has done amazing things and these ridiculous people sit on 1 or 2 features like their the commander of a nuclear submarine.

i occasionally fire up my bold but my main phone is a q10 and i havent decided yet between passport or classic. even if i dont get either, my q10 is still great.

you can wait forever, you"ll never get every single feature you want on a phone. stop being pretentious and give the bb10 an honest evaluation, like a months time. dont ***** about you not having time or you losing money blah b lah blah. im a business professional and multitasker and more productive than most.

look at iphone people, they blindly buy the next one without even knowing whats new or old. if blackberry had that kind of loyalty theyd have made a killing with the z10 and q10. but all you people tried it for one day, didnt take time to get the learning curve and went back to bb7.

learn the damn os already! its good and then get on with your life!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    09-28-14 05:12 PM
    the bbos holdouts are still going to be holding out and the classic isn't going to get them to convert to bb10. if you're stubborn enough to still be on bb7, nothing is going to make you happy. blackberry has done amazing things and these ridiculous people sit on 1 or 2 features like their the commander of a nuclear submarine.

i occasionally fire up my bold but my main phone is a q10 and i havent decided yet between passport or classic. even if i dont get either, my q10 is still great.

you can wait forever, you"ll never get every single feature you want on a phone. stop being pretentious and give the bb10 an honest evaluation, like a months time. dont ***** about you not having time or you losing money blah b lah blah. im a business professional and multitasker and more productive than most.

look at iphone people, they blindly buy the next one without even knowing whats new or old. if blackberry had that kind of loyalty theyd have made a killing with the z10 and q10. but all you people tried it for one day, didnt take time to get the learning curve and went back to bb7.

Hehe all great points. Might be more convincing if you sent it from your q10 and not your 9900! Busting balls of course.

Anyway, there's a guy in another thread who might hold out because the hub only shows 5 emails at a time before scrolling. I'm starting to think you are right. It is helpless and blackberry is doomed.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:21 PM
    Holdout? Yes (still on contract 9930- unlimited data). Granular features? Come on! A keyboard with shortcuts, an alt key to speed up working with emails and other (highlight-cut/copy & paste) SPEED tools are a must! the tool belt works much speedier than any swipe feature.

signed, waiting for Classic

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Carrtman likes this.
    09-28-14 08:34 PM
    u know u guys make out like were on second and third generation bb10 querty devices and ppl just refuse to upgrade lol.

The fact is if they had made the q10 right from the beginning with a toolbelt we wouldnt be having this conversation would we. im not going to upgrade to a phone because it the next one out from a manufacturer it has to be a phone i want. q10 came out i wanted an upgrade it didn't have what i wanted and i didnt buy peroid. now the classic is coming, it has what i want and i will buy it as long as its priced appropriately.

i think its unfair to rip on ppl for not upgrading when a blackberry hasnt given users what they want.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-28-14 09:16 PM

Some of you bb10 people are nothing short of ridiculous, can't get the point across without insulting other people?

If somebody wants to act like a cult follower go ahead and do it. I'm sure other 'business professionals' area thrilled to work with some guys here...

Thanks for another useless advice but I'm going to keep a phone for a month knowing that the OS is complicated and without a tool belt + macros.. That's not going to happen, period.

Calm down and stop that holier than bb7 users cap, thanks 😬

BTW. I decide for myself what's good so thanks again
    09-28-14 10:22 PM

"Sent from my BlackBerry 9900[/"

Oh the irony!
    09-29-14 01:25 AM
    Like I said I occasionally fire up my bold because it is a good phone, but my Q10 is my daily driver phone.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-29-14 06:46 AM
    Hehe all great points. Might be more convincing if you sent it from your q10 and not your 9900! Busting balls of course.

Anyway, there's a guy in another thread who might hold out because the hub only shows 5 emails at a time before scrolling. I'm starting to think you are right. It is helpless and blackberry is doomed.

Posted via CB10
    The hopelessly helpless "doomnation" for BB is characterizing the paying customer as unreasonable for wanting to keep functionality they currently have and value. For some of us, BBRY is catastrophically unreasonable for removing that functionality.

WHAT, precisely, is so messed up with BB10 that makes user customization so impossible? Customization that old, "antiquated BBOS", managed to provide while newer, "modern", BB10 can't?? I think we all already know that QNX's versatility is not the issue. BB10's three + year delay is the issue. We're still seeing a new OS mature in front of our eyes. Admirably quickly, IMO. The decisions leading to that delay are NOT the fault of BBOSers.

BBOSers are NOT asking for some NEW functionality that BB has never done before. They are not really ASKING for ANYthing. They are, by definition, contented with the functionality they currently have. YOU, OP, are the one asking THEM to abandon functionality that they currently have, like and use, in order to purchase a device with features that YOU favor. You might argue that "a little feature or two" seem unimportant to YOU, but one man's "little" is another man's gigantic. Each individual must decide that individually. I, for one, want to see BB succeed and will encourage anyone that can to move up. I, myself, will not take part in, nor condone, advising ANYone to buy something that will not meet their needs.
    wilber1 and Mr4aces like this.
    09-29-14 06:46 AM
    ***** attention bbosers ******

Please read the title and the original post. This thread is talking to people who are passing on the classic (or any other current bb10 device) because they are waiting for features from bbos to be ported to bb10.

It's NOT talking to

People who are planning on getting the classic or another bb10 device
    People who already own a bb10 device
    People who want to upgrade but can't afford it
    People who want to upgrade but are stuck on contracts
    People who want to upgrade but are stuck because of their company issued device.
    People who just don't want to upgrade and are happy with bbos

This thread is for those angry bbosers who come to the boards still upset the new bb10 devices don't have a feature beyond what the classic is going to offer, and have chosen to continue "holding out" for the next iteration of bb10 devices.

Those are the people who this is targeting. Most of you seem to fall into the above categories. Which is a good thing I guess.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:47 AM
    You might argue that "a little feature or two" seem unimportant to YOU, but one man's "little" is another man's gigantic. Each individual must decide that individually. I, for one, want to see BB succeed and will encourage anyone that can to move up. I, myself, will not take part in, nor condone, advising ANYone to buy something that will not meet their needs.
    We've been through this Steve. You carry around a galaxy note and a bold and you are happy. You also said you tried out a q10 and you are planning to get the classic. So this post isn't speaking to you.

In a side note, if a feature from bbos isn't ported to bb10 yet it is 100% considered new functionality. It needs to be designed, developed, tested, and marketed all over again. Costs time and money. Bb10 is not a sequel to bbos. It's a new thing entirely.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:52 AM
    The whole thread is pointless as there is no Classic yet.
    09-29-14 12:02 PM
    We've been through this Steve. You carry around a galaxy note and a bold and you are happy. You also said you tried out a q10 and you are planning to get the classic. So this post isn't speaking to you.

In a side note, if a feature from bbos isn't ported to bb10 yet it is 100% considered new functionality. It needs to be designed, developed, tested, and marketed all over again. Costs time and money. Bb10 is not a sequel to bbos. It's a new thing entirely.

Posted via CB10
    No big deal but just for accuracy sake, I keep an activated Q10 as backup and a PlayBook for mostly desk service. Both get touched roughly once or twice per month. I just carry 9930 and spare batts. Never had a galaxy. JFI.

We certainly agree that BB10 is an entirely new OS and that everything is new. It takes time and money to mature an OS. Which is exactly why i feel caution should be exercised in prematurely advising users into BB10 before BB10 has matured enough to truly serve those users. BB10 IS getting there! I never hesitate to advise anyone to seriously CONSIDER the Q20 "Classic" and buy one if they possibly can, simply because it just might be the only toolbelt BB10 device we get a chance at for a while, if ever. This thread has proven worthwhile to point out BB's precarious position and that's good for all to understand. I do NOT believe that subjecting ANYone, regardless of their purchase habits, to condescendingly impugn their relative cognizant capacity will do ANYthing to sell devices. IMO.
    09-29-14 12:34 PM
    The whole thread is pointless as there is no Classic yet.
    True, with no facts to discuss, all we can do is argue the arguments...
    09-29-14 12:39 PM
    BBOSers are NOT asking for some NEW functionality that BB has never done before. They are not really ASKING for ANYthing. They are, by definition, contented with the functionality they currently have. YOU, OP, are the one asking THEM to abandon functionality that they currently have, like and use, in order to purchase a device with features that YOU favor. You might argue that "a little feature or two" seem unimportant to YOU, but one man's "little" is another man's gigantic. Each individual must decide that individually.
    And this is the crux of the matter. I do not consider the loss of a feature I use and the gain of a feature that I do not use to be an upgrade.

It remains to be seen whether the Classic retains the featuures most important to ME. If not, oh well, I will keep my 9930...
    09-29-14 02:01 PM
448 ... 1314151617 ...