Dude I would definitely get it if it had more powerful specs than my Q10 which sadly it doesn't

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    But you have a q10. So you are not a bbos holdout. You did your "duty" per say. Of course all my ranting on this subject is conditional on price. If this phone retails at 499 usd BlackBerry can shove it. I'm assuming the spec crunch is so the phone can be affordable. Lets see if that holds up..

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:39 PM
    Funny, I thought you'd still have to press the call button - then LOOK for the number or contact you want to call, select, then call.

But oh wait I forgot - you bbos people became so efficient with your phones you do everything with your eyes closed and telepathically - press the call button once and it'll automatically call the person you are thinking about with your mind!

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    I will confirm that after three years on my 9900, I could almost operate my phone with my eyes closed. Not happening on a Z.

Personally, I'm not totally sold on the track pad for BB10 devices, but if it adds even half the efficiency it brought to BB7 and earlier devices, it is absolutely worth adding.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and Mr4aces like this.
    09-21-14 08:48 AM
    I will confirm that after three years on my 9900, I could almost operate my phone with my eyes closed. Not happening on a Z.

Personally, I'm not totally sold on the track pad for BB10 devices, but if it adds even half the efficiency it brought to BB7 and earlier devices, it is absolutely worth adding.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, same here when I had the Bold 99. I was the same way with my 9650 and Curves as well. After a few months of use and setting things up correctly, the legacy devices were awesome for blind use. That is one of the big reasons I loved them so much. With keyboard shortcuts and all of those buttons, a huge portion of a legacy device can be operated on muscle memory alone. It felt very zen-like.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-21-14 09:13 AM
    i am using 9900 and 9780 as back up, they are still working and do what's required,
    will carry on with 9900 until Classic arrives and if it's the Bold replacement then it
    will be time to convert to BB10 if not will order a new 9900.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-21-14 05:42 PM
    It's interesting to come back to this thread after abandoning in on, like, page four. Mostly because the argument hasn't changed, just the faces. Are BBOS folk holdouts? Yes. No. I dunno. But regardless of your personal opinion on that point. I hope to dear god that each and every one of the BBOS holdouts/loyalists/traditionalists abandon that old hardware that continues to blemish the market perspective on BB and BB's capabilities. It's time to move forward.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    jayemmbee and spork141 like this.
    09-21-14 07:54 PM
    Who says Chen is ready to abruptly abandon steady, predictable, BIS revenue? $4 per BBOS per month adds almost $100 per device GP over two years. Margin that BB10 sales have yet to prove capable of supporting. Chen's re-released 9900s, mere months before Q20, might be an indication that he's not so eager to abandon BIS until BB10 demonstrates it can fly on its own, withOUT "charitable contributions" robbed from BIS.

Q20 "Classic" is not a complete replacement for 9900. I don't believe it's intended to be. BUT it is the only toolbelt equipped BB10.3 device. A giant leap in the right direction for many of us. Understandably insufficient for some and BBRY still sells Q10s and 9900s for those with other needs. Needs that should be worthy of mutual respect around here.
    wilber1, Legal Eagle and Mr4aces like this.
    09-22-14 06:19 AM
    i think that everyone has to remember that this is a classic forum and if u come here bashing the classic cuz something else is better ppl are going to get there hair up.

i am eagerly awaiting the classic but loving my bold in the meantime. i just hope the classic is priced properly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-22-14 12:08 PM
    I'm a BB10/Q10 user. I'm glad there's an option, the Q20/Classic, for those who want the tool belt. I loved it on my Bold and held out for a long time on making the switch to BB10, because I thought I couldn't live without the tool belt. Well, I went for it and made the switch to BlackBerry 10 and have no regrets. I myself don't want or need the tool belt; as far as I'm concerned BlackBerry 10 doesn't need it. As for BIS, I didn't think I could live without that either, but I'm totally fine on generic data. That said, BIS is still a very important option in the world, because networks aren't all as advanced as the 4G network I enjoy with unlimited data included in my plan. BIS is still needed elsewhere, where data is expensive. I want BlackBerry to keep it available.
    09-22-14 12:29 PM
    i think that everyone has to remember that this is a classic forum and if u come here bashing the classic cuz something else is better ppl are going to get there hair up.

i am eagerly awaiting the classic but loving my bold in the meantime. i just hope the classic is priced properly.

Yeah, i've been a lurking CB'r since 2008 but came out of the shadows after seeing threads posted by "trolls" that had obviously ZERO interest in EVER owning the Q20 bitterly complaining about the device's very existence. Threads like "why the Q20 is so unbelievably annoying... " and "will the Q10 still be better... " are still alive and still "unbelievably annoying" to me. I came out swinging and still reflect with amazement that some of my belligerence didn't ban me from the forums. BUT, i believe the toolbelt was, and is, worth swinging for. As such, the Q20 "Classic" is worthy of defense even in all it's imperfections. It's just a shame anti-toolbelt trolls got this forum off to such an unwelcoming attitude toward this device.
    09-22-14 12:42 PM
    ya u bet im not sure why someone having a phone to suit there particular need take away from the device that u use and love? those that like all touch, good for them i say for me, well i like buttons. i would never bash an all touch device simply because its not the device for me. im thankfull that bby produces phones for everyone and i hope they continue to do so.

idssteve likes this.
    09-22-14 01:02 PM
    ya u bet im not sure why someone having a phone to suit there particular need take away from the device that u use and love? those that like all touch, good for them i say for me, well i like buttons. i would never bash an all touch device simply because its not the device for me. im thankfull that bby produces phones for everyone and i hope they continue to do so.
    Those people are at best know-it-alls, at worst BlackBerry h8ers. They profess to know what's best for BlackBerry and parrot bs like "BlackBerry can't afford to make/have both." They bleat the same crap about BIS (e.g. "BlackBerry can't afford to have two operating systems and needs to eliminate the legacy os"). Either way you look at it, those people are full of crap.
    09-22-14 01:07 PM
    Those people are at best know-it-alls, at worst BlackBerry h8ers. They profess to know what's best for BlackBerry and parrot bs like "BlackBerry can't afford to make/have both." They bleat the same crap about BIS (e.g. "BlackBerry can't afford to have two operating systems and needs to eliminate the legacy os"). Either way you look at it, those people are full of crap.
    I don't agree with you there. I think it's very obvious blackberry is trying hard to transition off of legacy to bb10. And yes it is impossibly expensive supporting 2 device operating systems and services. I'm not saying blackberry doesn't want "bis" revenue. Im saying they want to make it in new ways and services through bb10 devices. They can't do that if people don't switch.

And on a side note. I'm firmly in the "I don't see the toolbelt as being a necessity on a modern devices" club, but I don't understand the toolbelt haters either. If blackberry wants to make additional (possibly redundant) features for me at a reasonable price, hell I'll take it. Bring back the click wheel too at this point, the more the merrier.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:41 PM
    i am using 9900 and 9780 as back up, they are still working and do what's required,
    will carry on with 9900 until Classic arrives and if it's the Bold replacement then it
    will be time to convert to BB10 if not will order a new 9900.
    Nothing wrong with that personally I believe the 9900 Bold is still the best phone BB ever made. It will be second driver behind the Note 4 (if thatt beast doesn't turn out to be too big for me).

By making the battery non removable i think BB dropped the ball with the Classic
    Mr4aces and AllanQuatermain like this.
    09-22-14 04:16 PM
    Nothing wrong with that personally I believe the 9900 Bold is still the best phone BB ever made. It will be second driver behind the Note 4 (if thatt beast doesn't turn out to be too big for me).

By making the battery non removable i think BB dropped the ball with the Classic
    I don't think so. Just like the Passport the batteries should be big enough to last all day.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-22-14 04:50 PM

Honestly, while I would have preferred for a removable battery, if the rumors are true that it'll have like 3250mah battery, then that's better in my opinion. A removable battery would have been smaller...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-22-14 06:33 PM
    Most legacy BlackBerry users will not switch because of bis. Blackberry is going to have to integrate many of the services that keep os 7 alive into BB10. Blackberry is onpoint with the hardware. They got it worng with the services and certain features

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx likes this.
    09-23-14 12:37 AM
    Most legacy BlackBerry users will not switch because of bis. Blackberry is going to have to integrate many of the services that keep os 7 alive into BB10. Blackberry is onpoint with the hardware. They got it worng with the services and certain features

Posted via CB10
    They can't reimplement BIS... carriers don't want it. They can offer ways to reduce data consumption but anything like BIS is not happening.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-23-14 01:32 AM
    In addition to this, as a 9900 user the following are some key features that I really value and which I am still waiting to see on BB10:

• BlackBerry Traffic (#1 app that should have been ported by now)
    • Ability to sync Microsoft Outlook calendar, contacts, tasks and memos via BB Link
    • BlackBerry Bridge to PlayBook providing the same functionality as BBOS 7.1 (email, contacts, text, calendar, etc.)

IMO all of these features should have been included in BB10 by now, and the lack of them has kept me perfectly happy using my Bold 9900. You won't find a bigger supporter than me, and I probably will eventually buy a Classic but I am one of those holdouts that feels a certain amount of function has been lost in the transition to BB10 from BBOS7 -- not to mention the absence of a true Bold style successor until the Classic was announced. Hence I'm not in any rush to get a Classic, even if it has the tool belt (which I feel is definitely a step in the right direction). The initial loss of the track pad and tool belt to me, was utterly unbelievable for a keyboard based BB device. That is a staple of the company, and the epitome of the BlackBerry experience.

The 9900 is a perfect phone for everything I need it for. I use it for work and personal each and every day. With this phone, I can easily work with a 500 MB data plan, so it's cost effective as well because of BIS.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 09-26-14 at 01:01 AM.
    Lithtech and pppro like this.
    09-26-14 12:47 AM
    In addition to this, as a 9900 user the following are some key features that I really value and which I am still waiting to see on BB10:

• Ability to sync Microsoft Outlook calendar, contacts, tasks and memos via BB Link
    • BlackBerry Bridge to PlayBook providing the same functionality as BBOS 7.1 (email, contacts, text, calendar, etc.)

IMO all of these features should have been included in BB10 by now, and the lack of them has kept me perfectly happy using my Bold 9900. You won't find a bigger supporter than me, and I probably will eventually buy a Classic but I am one of those holdouts that feels a certain amount of function has been lost in the transition to BB10 from BBOS7 -- not to mention the absence of a true Bold style successor until the Classic was announced. Hence I'm not in any rush to get a Classic, even if it has the tool belt (which I feel is definitely a step in the right direction). The initial loss of the track pad and tool belt to me, was utterly unbelievable for a keyboard based BB device. That is a staple of the company, and the epitome of the BlackBerry experience.

The 9900 is a perfect phone for everything I need it for. I use it for work and personal each and every day. With this phone, I can easily work with a 500 MB data plan, so it's cost effective as well because of BIS.
    Well said!

I'm just wondering... why doesn't BlackBerry.. Re-Release the BOLD9900 with new improved specs and BBOS10? they can do it... and THEY SHOULD... it's bound to sell millions of millions. (maybe they are bored of that design...)

That classic phone on the way is no way a BOLD style phone but has elements of the bold and (possibly the storm//curve series...)
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-26-14 03:44 AM
    Well said!

I'm just wondering... why doesn't BlackBerry.. Re-Release the BOLD9900 with new improved specs and BBOS10? they can do it... and THEY SHOULD... it's bound to sell millions of millions. (maybe they are bored of that design...)

That classic phone on the way is no way a BOLD style phone but has elements of the bold and (possibly the storm//curve series...)
    "They just don't get it". Protest this "Classic" by calling it a "Q20" (Q10 with a track pad).

The "Classic" should be a 9900 updated.

They just launched the PassPort we should het some leaks on the Q20
    09-26-14 10:11 AM
    yes!! Re-release 9900 and 9790 with specs upgraded!
    09-26-14 11:40 AM
    I have come to the conclusion that the Classic is so far removed from the 9900 that I may as well get myself a passport. Still have a keyboard and will get enough screen space to be able to leave my Laptop at home which will more than make up for the different form factor.

The Classic seems to be carrying over so little of the Bold other than the Tool Belt that it is not the replacement device I was looking for.

And now for something completely different as they say !!!
    09-26-14 12:08 PM
    I have come to the conclusion that the Classic is so far removed from the 9900 that I may as well get myself a passport. Still have a keyboard and will get enough screen space to be able to leave my Laptop at home which will more than make up for the different form factor.

The Classic seems to be carrying over so little of the Bold other than the Tool Belt that it is not the replacement device I was looking for.

And now for something completely different as they say !!!
    Yet more wonderful logic by bbos lovers/anti-bb10 haters.

You'd stick with the 9900 because the Classic offers so little of its features (anyone on the street will laugh you off the stage) and yet you think you'll somehow like the Passport which runs the same OS as the Classic will - the glaring exception is that not only is the keyboard not going to be "ergonomic" (gasp!), it's missing the shift! The alt! It combines virtual keys! The spacebar is placed different! Oh my.

You're going to hate it.

Stick with the bold - pretty sure it'll still be around till the day BlackBerry no longer makes handsets.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-26-14 07:52 PM
    Well said!

Right - even a child can tell you that the Q10 was styled on the bold series, while the Q5 was styled on the curve.

The Classic is called a classic because it has the toolbelt and the brushed stainless steel frame - not sure how more bold 9900 you can get without them just literally releasing the 9900 over again.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-14 07:57 PM

Unfortunately for BlackBerry, users like you couldn't keep them from "going along as we always have" as their market share kept shrinking and they kept losing money.

500mb? Playbook? Maybe BlackBerry needs to do what samsung does and release fringe devices for every single tier of user.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    spork141 likes this.
    09-26-14 08:00 PM
448 ... 1213141516 ...