As i agree, with what the 'OP' said.... i seriously doubt it's going to be as 'Good as its gonn get' term... yes i agree with what you say, but who's to know what's gonna show up in 2016/17/8 ? Blackberry are and will Return the BOLD Series soon,

BlackBerry Bold 9900 with OS 10? OR maybe OS 11

We might even get Z4 Z50 Q20 (Q20 is not classic anymore) different phone Curve/Pearl to return, the future is looking bright for BB and they can easily bring back these series.
    09-13-14 10:00 PM
    You have to be specific with what tasks can be done faster that way because I came from a 9900 and to me consolidating all accounts to the hub works faster for me... So can you state a specific function or situation where it's faster to have to go to one specific account one at a time?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Accessing a specific account is faster with a icon that goes directly to that account. From the home screen of a 9900, I can tap one icon and go directly into the account I need with one action every single time. That isn't possible with the Hub. With the Hub, your first action only drops you off where ever you left off in the Hub. Then you may or may not need to navigate to the needed account.

For example, when a email comes in on a legacy device, tap the icon with the red splat on it and boom, you're in the appropriate inbox. For me, it is faster to go directly where I need to go when emails are coming in. Seeing everything at once isn't always the best way of handling things. With legacy OS, the only time I ever used the integrated inbox was at the end of the day before I went to sleep when I needed to delete the messages I no longer needed.

At any rate, wouldn't it be better to have both options available like legacy OS has? With legacy OS, you could use nothing but individual account icons or you could use nothing but the Hub, or you could use both as the situation required. I think it would be cool if BB10 offered that much flexibility.
    09-13-14 10:05 PM
    Accessing a specific account is faster with a icon that goes directly to that account. From the home screen of a 9900, I can tap one icon and go directly into the account I need with one action every single time. That isn't possible with the Hub. With the Hub, your first action only drops you off where ever you left off in the Hub. Then you may or may not need to navigate to the needed account.

For example, when a email comes in on a legacy device, tap the icon with the red splat on it and boom, you're in the appropriate inbox. For me, it is faster to go directly where I need to go when emails are coming in. Seeing everything at once isn't always the best way of handling things. With legacy OS, the only time I ever used the integrated inbox was at the end of the day before I went to sleep when I needed to delete the messages I no longer needed.

At any rate, wouldn't it be better to have both options available like legacy OS has? With legacy OS, you could use nothing but individual account icons or you could use nothing but the Hub, or you could use both as the situation required. I think it would be cool if BB10 offered that much flexibility.
    It just defeats the purpose of the hub. For the hub you just swipe left and everything is there. Seems to work for most folks and we dont agree on anything. Why do you need to know which email accounts you are in? They all work the same in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:13 PM
    As i agree, with what the 'OP' said.... i seriously doubt it's going to be as 'Good as its gonn get' term... yes i agree with what you say, but who's to know what's gonna show up in 2016/17/8 ? Blackberry are and will Return the BOLD Series soon,

BlackBerry Bold 9900 with OS 10? OR maybe OS 11

We might even get Z4 Z50 Q20 (Q20 is not classic anymore) different phone Curve/Pearl to return, the future is looking bright for BB and they can easily bring back these series.
    You seem to be caught up in blackberry land. Just like the others who thinks glass weave is a mystical unicorn . These we all just names. I can call the new blackberry the blackberry poo slinger and it'll still have a 3.5 inch screen with a trackpad and non removable battery. BlackBerry can release an iphone in 2018. None of this means anything.

Either you are going move on from bbos or not. By the time 2018 comes you can have 3 new blackberries with your upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:18 PM
    It just defeats the purpose of the hub. For the hub you just swipe left and everything is there. Seems to work for most folks and we dont agree on anything. Why do you need to know which email accounts you are in? They all work the same in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    So you are actually going to argue against having more options?

How is having multiple, optional methods of accessing your accounts a bad thing?
    09-13-14 10:26 PM
    So you are actually going to argue against having more options?

How is having multiple, optional methods of accessing your accounts a bad thing?
    No I'm not arguing against it. I'd rather BlackBerry devs work on improving android runtime or new profile options at the moment. Just want to know why this is such an obstacle.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:32 PM
    When you're in the Hub, swipe to the right. You can filter by any account that you want.
    09-13-14 10:50 PM
    No I'm not arguing against it. I'd rather BlackBerry devs work on improving android runtime or new profile options at the moment. Just want to know why this is such an obstacle.

Posted via CB10
    "It just defeats the purpose of the hub" sure sounds like arguing against it to me, but whatever.

It is a difference of opinion, you want BlackBerry devs to work harder on piggy backing off of Android and I would rather them work on bringing back all of the little features that made BlackBerry awesome in the first place. Which do you think the "BBOS hold outs" care more about? Android apps or all of the missing features that they love about the legacy OS?
    09-13-14 10:59 PM
    When you're in the Hub, swipe to the right. You can filter by any account that you want.
    Yea I know. That involves more than one step though. Enter the hub, then navigate to the needed account. Why bother entering the hub if you can go directly to the account you need every single time with one tap?
    09-13-14 11:09 PM

...but if you're doing something when that email comes in, you have to back out of said task just to find out what email account is requiring the attention...and if it's something that can wait, now you have to go back and get back in what it was that you were doing...your single tap only works if you live on the home screen...BlackBerry 10, you get a toast notification with the basics to let you know what's coming in...then you decide if it can wait or not...if something came in while you were away, the light (as it does on BBOS) let's you know that something is there...you can simply check the home screen...and if you miss the toast while on the phone just slide up to see what kind of message and a slide to the right peeks to see isle it needs to be dealt with...and another quick swipe from the left will tie you into a specific inbox...but with how the Hub works that's unnecessary when it's all there...unless you're sorting...yes tapping an icon may be a few milliseconds faster...but only in certain conditions...the way on BlackBerry 10 rakes the same amount of time regardless of what task(s) that you are doing...

People get all in a huff about 'missing features'...it's not that they are missing...it's just that they have been replaced by different methods...but the thing is 'hold outs' have been doing things for several years a certain way...now it's time to learn something that on a whole is faster, more efficient and much more powerful...give BlackBerry 10 a fraction of the time that you have on BlackBerry OS and you will won't have any need to think back...I have been working the hell out of my Z's (and Q to a lesser extent)...at first it was a rough go...but personally there isn't anything that I want to have back from BlackBerry OS...it was fun while it lasted...but this is the new BlackBerry.

I honestly am not sure how a tool belt is going to function with an OS designed for touch...but I haven't seen one in action yet, so who knows...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    slagman5 and spork141 like this.
    09-13-14 11:41 PM
    Yea I know. That involves more than one step though. Enter the hub, then navigate to the needed account. Why bother entering the hub if you can go directly to the account you need every single time with one tap?
    ...yeah that's only true when starting from zero...if you're working on something, or from standby...then BlackBerry 10 is faster hands down...and I don't know how often you are just sitting in the home screen...(remember from the standby screen you can double tap right into the message...email, BBM, etc...)...and BlackBerry 10 has about the same times to that message you need to get to anytime and every time...

Q10Bold likes this.
    09-13-14 11:45 PM

But I still don't understand. If a notification comes in, in BB10, I go into the hub, and there's no need to do anything further as the latest notification is right there on the top regardless of what account it belongs to. There's no searching. It's the same number of steps as touching an icon, the difference is that no matter what account the notification is coming from, the same action will get right to it while in the way you describe, depending on which account it comes in from, you have to touch a different icon in order to get to it...
    09-14-14 12:38 AM
    You seem to be caught up in blackberry land. Just like the others who thinks glass weave is a mystical unicorn . These we all just names. I can call the new blackberry the blackberry poo slinger and it'll still have a 3.5 inch screen with a trackpad and non removable battery. BlackBerry can release an iphone in 2018. None of this means anything.

Either you are going move on from bbos or not. By the time 2018 comes you can have 3 new blackberries with your upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    Um, you are one strange cookie... Nobody thinks glass weave is a mystical unicorn. And it's not all "just names." Not to insult you, but it's simply that some of us know the difference between materials and actually know the physical qualities of such materials. I'm sure to you, whether they make your car out of aluminum, steel, or plastic, it's all the same to you. But to others, who actually know the difference, would be able to tell you that the materials used in manufacturing makes a big difference. Keeping to the automobile analogy, if you compare an engine block made out of cast steel, and all parts are made out of cast steel, versus an engine block made out of aluminum alloy, and other parts like the manifold being made out of magnesium, you end up with something that's much lighter, which means your car will be much more efficient and will perform better. But I'm sure when someone describes that to you, you'll be like "oh, yah, magnesium is a mystical unicorn, it's all the same." But I'm sorry that there are those of us who actually know that there's a difference between making the phone out of materials that won't crack when it's dropped once or bent a little bit is actually a good thing versus just making everything out of plastic. We don't think anything are "mystical unicorns." Rather, we are intelligent enough about material strengths, weights, and qualities, rather than just brushing it off as something not important just because we don't understand it ourselves... Again, sorry, not intending to insult you, but you keep making these snarky remarks, but you're only making yourself out to be foolish by doing so.

Edit: Oh, and yes, I do believe that by using these premium materials, there are noticeable advantages in the device, beside not feeling like you've spent a few hundred dollars for $0.40 worth of plastic. I've noticed that my Q10 seems more durable than other people's phones. Samsung and all of the fanboys behind them will preach all day about how glorious their Gorilla Glass is. Yet, I would say about 40-50% of the people I know with Samsung devices have their displays broken. Maybe even more than that percentage... I've dropped my Q10, FACE FIRST, onto jagged rocks, and it didn't break the screen. Then I've dropped it once where it landed on the frame/bezel. Again, no damage at all... I can't say with 100% certainty it's completely because of this, but I'm fairly certain that the fact that it has a frame made out of forged stainless steel, helps keep some of the energy from those falls from being transferred to the glass screen. I am willing to bet that if it was just made out of plastic, that perhaps it would have broken by now...
    09-14-14 12:45 AM
    ...yeah that's only true when starting from zero...if you're working on something, or from standby...then BlackBerry 10 is faster hands down...and I don't know how often you are just sitting in the home screen...(remember from the standby screen you can double tap right into the message...email, BBM, etc...)...and BlackBerry 10 has about the same times to that message you need to get to anytime and every time...

But even starting from zero it's still not the case. An incoming notification would jump to the top of the hub, so that same one step to get to the hub will get to that notification just like touching the icon would... So I really don't understand where this advantage is...
    09-14-14 12:47 AM
    Convenience key takes me straight to "Messages" from ANYwhere. "Return" key gets back to what I was doing.

All accounts, texts, calls, etc are listed in "Messages". Newest at top.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-14-14 01:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wrong son.

I couldn't give a rats A-s-s or care about that 'glass-weave' thing... i'm not on about that... you seem to fully misunderstand my post...

I'm talking about the future! and a Z4? Z50 Q20 BOLD Return? Curve Return? Pearl Return? hopefully will happen, and when it does... i'll be first in line to get the LATEST BOLD. (at the moment i'll be getting this classic ASAP)

I seriously don't care about the glass weave thing... it's nothing special to me.

Bring back the steel/solid hard plastic stuff anytime, and what on earth you chatting about? 'BlackBerry can release an Iphone' lol get off the drugs ! xD
    09-14-14 02:35 AM
    Wrong son.

I couldn't give a rats A-s-s or care about that 'glass-weave' thing... i'm not on about that... you seem to fully misunderstand my post...

I'm talking about the future! and a Z4? Z50 Q20 BOLD Return? Curve Return? Pearl Return? hopefully will happen, and when it does... i'll be first in line to get the LATEST BOLD. (at the moment i'll be getting this classic ASAP)

I seriously don't care about the glass weave thing... it's nothing special to me.

Bring back the steel/solid hard plastic stuff anytime, and what on earth you chatting about? 'BlackBerry can release an Iphone' lol get off the drugs ! xD
    I think you might be taking me too literally there. I know blackberry is not making an iphone. They couldn't if they wanted to.

I'm just saying the classic is the next bold. Even if there will be something called the bolder than bold in 2016, it's just marketing speak. This is the keyboarded toolbelted blackberry for the next year and a half no matter what it's called.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-14-14 07:07 AM
    Um, you are one strange cookie... Nobody thinks glass weave is a mystical unicorn. And it's not all "just names." Not to insult you, but it's simply that some of us know the difference between materials and actually know the physical qualities of such materials. I'm sure to you, whether they make your car out of aluminum, steel, or plastic, it's all the same to you. But to others, who actually know the difference, would be able to tell you that the materials used in manufacturing makes a big difference. Keeping to the automobile analogy, if you compare an engine block made out of cast steel, and all parts are made out of cast steel, versus an engine block made out of aluminum alloy, and other parts like the manifold being made out of magnesium, you end up with something that's much lighter, which means your car will be much more efficient and will perform better. But I'm sure when someone describes that to you, you'll be like "oh, yah, magnesium is a mystical unicorn, it's all the same." But I'm sorry that there are those of us who actually know that there's a difference between making the phone out of materials that won't crack when it's dropped once or bent a little bit is actually a good thing versus just making everything out of plastic. We don't think anything are "mystical unicorns." Rather, we are intelligent enough about material strengths, weights, and qualities, rather than just brushing it off as something not important just because we don't understand it ourselves... Again, sorry, not intending to insult you, but you keep making these snarky remarks, but you're only making yourself out to be foolish by doing so.

Edit: Oh, and yes, I do believe that by using these premium materials, there are noticeable advantages in the device, beside not feeling like you've spent a few hundred dollars for $0.40 worth of plastic. I've noticed that my Q10 seems more durable than other people's phones. Samsung and all of the fanboys behind them will preach all day about how glorious their Gorilla Glass is. Yet, I would say about 40-50% of the people I know with Samsung devices have their displays broken. Maybe even more than that percentage... I've dropped my Q10, FACE FIRST, onto jagged rocks, and it didn't break the screen. Then I've dropped it once where it landed on the frame/bezel. Again, no damage at all... I can't say with 100% certainty it's completely because of this, but I'm fairly certain that the fact that it has a frame made out of forged stainless steel, helps keep some of the energy from those falls from being transferred to the glass screen. I am willing to bet that if it was just made out of plastic, that perhaps it would have broken by now...
    I know that you think that but what I'm saying is that you are sadly fooled by marketing. The glass weave is nice, I like the way it looks and feels, but it's nothing special. No other company needed it to sell millions of phones. No other company talks about how they need it. Its an expensive way to make a "soft touch feeling surface" which can be accomplished fine with nice soft touch plastic.

I'm sorry but dropping your phone a lot and it not breaking is not a scientific way of testing the advantages of glass weave over soft touch plastic. And if you were ever going to drop your phone enough to get to the point where it was an issue, id suggest you get a case.

I'm on your side Slagman in preferring the soft touch plastic, but I'm not loosing my mind over it being gone. I'm not hung up on blackberry screwing me over on it. In the end it won't change much of anything for anyone except a few of their perceptions. And I'm saying that's silly.

Also remember the bold used to have leather, and then it had fiberglass / plastic, and then glass weave, and now soft touch. We were never promised a constant here. My only android phone had kevlar backing. Sadly it did not stop bullets. At least I don't think it did.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 07:19 AM
    I know... they cant make an iphone... i thought you went off the rails or something (you scared me there lol)

Yea i understand, just hope they focus on the 'roots' Pearl/Curve/Bold BRING EM BACK!
    09-14-14 07:21 AM
    No, I mean account icons on the home screen. Have you ever used the legacy OS? With it, you had the option of adding icons to the home screen for all of your accounts. Those icons brought you directly to the account you needed and made certain tasks faster.

With the legacy OS, you could fully handle all of your communication related tasks without ever using the Hub.

With BB10, you are stuck going into the Hub to access things. Your screen shot, which is of the Hub, is an example of my point. BB10 forces the Hub on you. In my opinion, the Hub was better when it was still only one of the methods of accessing accounts.
    Sorry I have to disagree with you on this because to me there is no difference between going into the hub or going straight into the each individual account as it is just as fast.

When I go into the hub everything is there, I can choose to look at unread messages by a pinch & I'm there.

Alternatively, I just tap at the bottom & choose the account I want. Less than 1 second. So that's why I see no difference.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 07:22 AM
    But even starting from zero it's still not the case. An incoming notification would jump to the top of the hub, so that same one step to get to the hub will get to that notification just like touching the icon would... So I really don't understand where this advantage is...
    Have they updated the hub to where it now reads minds and will automatically take you to where you wanted to go? I'll be honest, my BB10 devices have been gathering dust lately and I haven't bothered with the leaked updates in a longtime because my PC and Link don't get along. So it is possible that they have improved it without me knowing, but the Hub on my phones right now is still just dropping me off where ever I left off last, leaving me to potentially need to navigate to where I needed to go depending on what I was doing in the Hub last.

What OS version are you on?
    09-14-14 07:38 AM
    ...maybe I was missing a feature in my BlackBerry OS 7.1 devices, but if I'm doing something...or coming from the lock screen...I can get to a message faster on my Z10, Z30, or Q10 that it was possible on my Torch 9860 or 9900...unless I was sitting there starring at an inactive home screen, then yes it was a one tap scenario...but the thing about BlackBerry 10 is, the message process is always the same...and if you were in the middle of something...then the toast allows you a on tap access to that message without having to leave what you're doing...especially a BBM/SMS message...you can reply directly from the toast...rap send in the keyboard and technically never leave the app you're in...both quick features that are not present in BlackBerry OS...again, in only one instance...which is the least likely circumstance...BlackBerry 10 is a faster messaging device...because access OS from everywhere...not just the home screen...

09-14-14 08:34 AM
    ...maybe I was missing a feature in my BlackBerry OS 7.1 devices, but if I'm doing something...or coming from the lock screen...I can get to a message faster on my Z10, Z30, or Q10 that it was possible on my Torch 9860 or 9900...unless I was sitting there starring at an inactive home screen, then yes it was a one tap scenario...but the thing about BlackBerry 10 is, the message process is always the same...and if you were in the middle of something...then the toast allows you a on tap access to that message without having to leave what you're doing...especially a BBM/SMS message...you can reply directly from the toast...rap send in the keyboard and technically never leave the app you're in...both quick features that are not present in BlackBerry OS...again, in only one instance...which is the least likely circumstance...BlackBerry 10 is a faster messaging device...because access OS from everywhere...not just the home screen...

So messages never come into your BlackBerry while your not using it? I dunno about you, but I always return to the home screen before laying my phone down or putting it in my pocket. In a situation like that, you're already at the home screen when a message comes in and you pick the phone back up.

Not to mention, legacy OS had the convenience key and 3rd party apps like quicklaunch, so with the old BlackBerry devices, you can get to the Hub, or individual accounts from within an app as well. Legacy OS doesn't require you to be at the homescreen to get to your messages either, so what's the problem? Have you ever used the legacy OS?
    09-14-14 08:44 AM
    So messages never come into your BlackBerry while your not using it? I dunno about you, but I always return to the home screen before laying my phone down or putting it in my pocket. In a situation like that, you're already at the home screen when a message comes in and you pick the phone back up.

Not to mention, legacy OS had the convenience key and 3rd party apps like quicklaunch, so with the old BlackBerry devices, you can get to the Hub, or individual accounts from within an app as well. Legacy OS doesn't require you to be at the homescreen to get to your messages either, so what's the problem? Have you ever used the legacy OS?
    Convenience key is gestures in BB10... up swipe right takes you directly to the hub from an app. If I left it on sms it will take me directly to sms. Or emails if that's what I did last. Instant actions let's you reply from inside the app or anywhere in the OS.
    This is not more than one step and would all happen faster than BBOS simply because the hardware is faster.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-14-14 09:57 AM
    Convenience key takes me straight to "Messages" from ANYwhere. "Return" key gets back to what I was doing.

All accounts, texts, calls, etc are listed in "Messages". Newest at top.
    I had my convenience key take me to compose. It was pretty nifty. :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-14-14 10:26 AM
448 ... 910111213 ...