Removable battery - very important
    Programmable LED - very important
    open API for macros - very important
    skins - important

it's nothing too crazy just stuff that was available on BBOS so it should be available on BB 10 too
    09-08-14 03:21 PM
    I agree that BB's survival is heavily dependent on Q20 success. I agree that what ever help we can afford toward BB is a good thing to do. I do NOT accept ANY responsibility for where BBRY finds itself! It is NOT my fault that BB10 was 5 years too late. It is NOT my fault BBRY hands us a toolbelt device with fixed battery! Trying to sell non-replaceable battery to legacy toolbelt users is like trying to sell a car with only 3 wheels, imo. BUT, my opinion doesn't mean squat. You've got to trust BB's market research. All we can do is POLITELY, and respectfully, ask each other to support BB if possible.
    Q10Bold and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-08-14 03:27 PM
    Removable battery - very important
    Programmable LED - very important
    open API for macros - very important
    skins - important

it's nothing too crazy just stuff that was available on BBOS so it should be available on BB 10 too
    So you are a perfect usecase for this thread. I'm respectfully trying to understand. With the 9900 (as beloved and efficient as it might be) you are currently holding off on essentially the same blackberry experience (portrait keyboard, toolbelt, hotkeys) PLUS a great browser with flash, a decent sized screen (for the form factor), nfc, bigger keyboard, maybe Wireless charging, hub, better camera with auto focus, modern app store (2 if you count amazon), loud stereo speakers and a huge bump in RAM and processor to drive all these things, and a crazy powerful battery upgrade, because blackberry hasn't ported over an api for macros and skins yet?

I'm not trying to put your needs down. It just seems that your posts put down devs and BlackBerry for not listening and not trying etc, and yet it seems your own asks are very simple, non-mainstream features. I would just assume that the benefits of upgrading (which I have listed above) would far outweigh the asks you are still waiting for.

So please explain to me. Can you simply not live without the asks you have listed, or are you just waiting for every feature you want to be available out of the box with your upgrade? (swappable battery excluded)

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 04:04 PM
    I agree that BB's survival is heavily dependent on Q20 success. I agree that what ever help we can afford toward BB is a good thing to do. I do NOT accept ANY responsibility for where BBRY finds itself! It is NOT my fault that BB10 was 5 years too late. It is NOT my fault BBRY hands us a toolbelt device with fixed battery! Trying to sell non-replaceable battery to legacy toolbelt users is like trying to sell a car with only 3 wheels, imo. BUT, my opinion doesn't mean squat. You've got to trust BB's market research. All we can do is POLITELY, and respectfully, ask each other to support BB if possible.
    Steve. You already said you are getting a classic. Why do you think anyone would think anythings your fault?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 04:21 PM
    Yeah I know I'm probably the epitome of this thread but that's fine.

The big deal for me is, save for the toolbelt and macros I can get all these features on another plattform. The reason for me to keep my Curve (it's aging now) as long as I did were the easy macro navigation (no other phone offers that comfort like I've pointed out in another thread) and of course picking a high definition stocklike skin (hedune). So if BB can't or doesn't want to offer these things anymore I sadly don't see much reason to pick them over something like the Note 4 (which is an absolute beast and holy cow gorgeaus), G 3 with even more customization.

I'm not putting the BB 10 devs - or anyone else for that matter down - all I'm saying is I think they should have listened to the former BBOS developers and worked together instead of seperated.

Maybe my needs are only for a very tiny portion of the market but for me they are important please note I'm absolutely fine if BB decides that other things are more important but then they shouldn't have named the Q 10 + toolbelt "Classic".
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-08-14 04:24 PM
    Steve. You already said you are getting a classic. Why do you think anyone would think anythings your fault?

Posted via CB10
    Well, guess i didn't realize buying a device made any difference to fault. I'm buying a device but my responsibility wouldn't be any different if i weren't. BBRY's predicament can ONLY be RIM/BBRY's responsibility. That's my reasoning, anyway.
    09-08-14 04:39 PM

The big deal for me is, save for the toolbelt and macros I can get all these features on another plattform. The reason for me to keep my Curve (it's aging now) as long as I did were the easy macro navigation (no other phone offers that comfort like I've pointed out in another thread) and of course picking a high definition stocklike skin (hedune). So if BB can't or doesn't want to offer these things anymore I sadly don't see much reason to pick them over something like the Note 4 (which is an absolute beast and holy cow gorgeaus), G 3 with even more customization.

I'm not putting the BB 10 devs - or anyone else for that matter down - all I'm saying is I think they should have listened to the former BBOS developers and worked together instead of seperated.

Maybe my needs are only for a very tiny portion of the market but for me they are important please note I'm absolutely fine if BB decides that other things are more important but then they shouldn't have named the Q 10 + toolbelt "Classic".
    From what I understand, you are basically holding out for the Macros customisation & a removable battery. Then in my opinion don't wait & suffer in silence, go quickly & change to a note 4 or a G3 that you think is so much better. Go now so that you don't have to suffer with all that limitations of low built in memory, hourglass wait, sticky keys & so on. Perhaps in that way, Blackberry will have a chance of survival.

Coz I'm telling you that these features are not coming to a BlackBerry device in the foreseeable future. Those who have tried BlackBerry 10 & moved to another platforms usually comes back but you are just not willing to give it a try so you might as well go now. Don't suffer there.

Posted via CB10
    so crow likes this.
    09-08-14 07:08 PM
    I can get the trackpad function for cursor placement.

One must admit however, that they've done a phenomenal job at c/p in comparison to android and while it's not the same as a trackpad, it's great to use a BlackBerry 10 device for document editing.

As for the hard-buttons, my opinion is that it's basically big baby syndrome that afflicts "die-hards" for these to be a deal breaker.

I'm sorry but the overwhelming majority of users make and end phone calls perfectly fine on iphones and android phones.

While there may be merit in claims of being to able to double tap for recent calls, or pressing a button to end a call in any situation, it's really asinine to whine about this. Anything you can accomplish with your keys, a touch screen can do so as well - doing it a few seconds (if even that) quicker or doing it without looking? That's a luxury or a convenience, one that close to 100% of the world does perfectly fine without.

It's muscle memory, it's being used to doing things a certain way, it's familiarity, it's holding out.

Anyway, I've come to realize the legacy hold-outs aren't even a big enough market to keep BlackBerry's handset division alive anyway, it's a shrinking and dying and mostly aging segment.

If the Classic flops - it'll just mean BlackBerry will probably continue to support BBOS (but not necessarily advance it).

The future depends on new users and that's where the niche market of the passport comes into to play.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-08-14 08:13 PM

You may have your valid personal reasons for sticking to bbos over bb10, but to say you'd rather pick android over bb10 reveals a flaw - if the Note 4 or G3 already offer what you have in BBOS, then why wouldn't you already switch?

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-08-14 08:18 PM
    I'm curious. What features are you waiting for from blackberry that won't be in place by the time the classic and the passport launches? I assume it's something pretty specific considering you are willing to carry around 2 phones to accomplish your needs efficiently.

Posted via CB10
    ALL the keyboard shortcuts from BBOS

The OLD copy/paste. No matter how many updates the Q10 gets, "touch" will never be as easy, precise, quick and efficient as a trackpad

Being able to copy/paste a phone number from contacts. (The old way.)

The old SMS format.

Q10 is a nice phone. But it has slowed me down considerably. I bought it only because I went through over ten 9930's, and it's getting harder to find brand new ones to buy.

If the copy/paste, phone "send" "end" buttons, and shortcuts work well on the Classic, (like on BBOS), I'm in. [I can deal with a non-removable battery.] Otherwise I will be back and forth with the Q10 and 9930.
    09-08-14 08:39 PM
    You may have your valid personal reasons for sticking to bbos over bb10, but to say you'd rather pick android over bb10 reveals a flaw - if the Note 4 or G3 already offer what you have in BBOS, then why wouldn't you already switch?

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    I agree with evo. I'm not one of those people that hate iphone and androids. I've owned them and I think they offer some great features of their own. If it wasn't for Apple we'd never have the modern age of mobile devices. Sounds like they offer what you need now. Why wait for the bb10 things to launch. Why not grab a note now? What is keeping you a blackberry exclusive customer?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 08:42 PM

The OLD copy/paste. No matter how many updates the Q10 gets, "touch" will never be as easy, precise, quick and efficient as a trackpad

The old SMS format.

Q10 is a nice phone. But it has slowed me down considerably. I bought it only because I went through over ten 9930's, and it's getting harder to find brand new ones to buy.

If the copy/paste, phone "send" "end" buttons, and shortcuts work well on the Classic, (like on BBOS), I'm in. [I can deal with a non-removable battery.] Otherwise I will be back and forth with the Q10 and 9930.
    But you own a q10. You are not a holdout.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 08:44 PM
    But you own a q10. You are not a holdout.

Posted via CB10
    Very reluctantly. I didn't embrace it with open arms and party blowers. I did it because I had no choice. Believe me, I'd go back to a 9930 in a blur if they were easy to obtain. Figured I'd try the Q and see where it goes. I miss SO much from the 9930.
    09-08-14 08:50 PM

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    I'm not trying to speak for the poster you replied to, but I think I can understand their point.

BlackBerry legacy OS has several unique advantages that aren't present on any other platform. When the time does come to leave BBOS, those users have no choice but to learn a whole new OS and invest in a new ecosystem.

If you have to learn a new OS, buy apps all over again and still lose a lot of the things that you loved about BBOS, then why stick with BlackBerry at all? BB10 still doesn't have the features of BBOS, so why should a BBOS user move on to BB10 instead of Android or iOS?

Why start over with BB10 and deal with the lack of apps and uncertainty of its future if it still won't meet your needs either?
    09-08-14 08:50 PM
    If you have to learn a new OS, buy apps all over again and still lose a lot of the things that you loved about BBOS, then why stick with BlackBerry at all? BB10 still doesn't have the features of BBOS, so why should a BBOS user move on to BB10 instead of Android or iOS?

Why start over with BB10 and deal with the lack of apps and uncertainty of its future if it still won't meet your needs either?
    You could go with "one size fits all dumbed down" iOS with its lack of configurability and flexibility and it's leaking Cloud Services.

Or you could go with Malware plague infested Android.

Or you could go with the "we don't really know where we are going with this but everybody else is doing it" Windows Phone.

Or you could go with the Security, Security, Security of BB10 and over time even get back some of the useful but still feasible features that are keeping you tied to BBOS. It has taken time for those features to appear, or modern equivalents of them, but while you are waiting you get so much more new stuff that could never be done on creaking old BBOS.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    09-08-14 09:03 PM
    You could go with "one size fits all dumbed down" iOS with its lack of configurability and flexibility and it's leaking Cloud Services.

Or you could go with Malware plague infested Android.

Or you could go with the "we don't really know where we are going with this but everybody else is doing it" Windows Phone.

Or you could go with the Security, Security, Security of BB10 and over time even get back some of the useful but still feasible features that are keeping you tied to BBOS. It has taken time for those features to appear, or modern equivalents of them, but while you are waiting you get so much more new stuff that could never be done on creaking old BBOS.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    According to the numbers, it would appear that most former legacy OS users choose to go with one of the first three choices. Which really isn't surprising, most smartphone users don't need the security advantages BlackBerry may or may not offer over iOS, Android and WP8.

BlackBerry has always had security. So if security was enough reason for people to buy BlackBerry devices, wouldn't BlackBerry still be dominating the smartphone market instead of being placed in the others category?
    09-08-14 09:25 PM
    BlackBerry has always had security. So if security was enough reason for people to buy BlackBerry devices, wouldn't BlackBerry still be dominating the smartphone market instead of being placed in the others category?
    Very few consumers bought BlackBerry for its security but that and BlackBerry's privacy policies are an increasingly good reason to. As time goes on as a society our privacy is compromised more and more, often by security that is left wanting.

There will come a time when people start to miss their privacy and thus their BlackBerrys. That may however be far too late to save the company. BlackBerry need to sponsor more hacks of celebrity's iCloud accounts.

Witmen likes this.
    09-08-14 09:34 PM

The old SMS format.

List some of the short-cuts that are missing on the Q10.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-08-14 09:36 PM
    I'm not trying to speak for the poster you replied to, but I think I can understand their point.

BlackBerry legacy OS has several unique advantages that aren't present on any other platform. When the time does come to leave BBOS, those users have no choice but to learn a whole new OS and invest in a new ecosystem.

Because BB10 offers the CLOSEST thing that a bbos user would want - assuming that, if you strip things down to the core issue, is being efficient communication tools - right?

Unless you guys like short-cuts and customizable LEDs for the fun of it.

I fail to comprehend how you'd want to stick to bbos, and then rather pick android over bb10.

If you want apps and the consumption of content - I fail to see why'd you stick with bbos now. If you want to use it for email and phone calls, I can see why'd you stick to bbos - but if bbos no longer exists, I don't see why anyone would pick, as their sole device, iOS or android IF they prioritize communication above all else when BB10 is available.

Also remember, the hold outs are qwerty users - I fail to see how you'd rather jump to an android when the Q10, Q5, and Classic are readily available and as efficient as they come.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-08-14 09:41 PM
    Actually I will add, I personally find the icon navigation and general look in bb10 quite ugly. 10.3 is the ugliest yet, and the lack of theme / skin customization made me really not a fan of BB10.

I also find their hardware quality has gone down. I've successfully killed 3 BB10 devices (but both my torches are still perfect).

I fully get why people may want to use BBOS. And if they prefer that to Android and BB10 - at least they are still on a BlackBerry. And in its last years prior to BB10, BBOS wasn't bad at all for me.

But I don't count as I'm forcing myself to use BB10

Posted via CB from my LE
    George_B likes this.
    09-08-14 09:50 PM
    Because BB10 offers the CLOSEST thing that a bbos user would want - assuming that, if you strip things down to the core issue, is being efficient communication tools - right?

Unless you guys like short-cuts and customizable LEDs for the fun of it.

I fail to comprehend how you'd want to stick to bbos, and then rather pick android over bb10.

If you want apps and the consumption of content - I fail to see why'd you stick with bbos now. If you want to use it for email and phone calls, I can see why'd you stick to bbos - but if bbos no longer exists, I don't see why anyone would pick, as their sole device, iOS or android IF they prioritize communication above all else when BB10 is available.

Also remember, the hold outs are qwerty users - I fail to see how you'd rather jump to an android when the Q10, Q5, and Classic are readily available and as efficient as they come.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    I can only speak for myself, but I handle my communication tasks far more efficiently on Android than I do on BB10. That is actually why I switched to Android as my primary device after I left the Bold behind.

With legacy OS you had the Messages (aka the hub), individual account icons and the drop down notification panel. It worked great. But with BB10 you are left to use the Hub and it is a step backwards and it slows me down.

With my Android device, I handle things so fast thanks to the notification panel that allows me to reply to, delete and archive messages. No need to enter the hub and hunt for the proper account. On top of that, I have individual account icons on my homescreen, toast notifications and native custom LED lights.

BlackBerry 7 was great for efficient communication, but BB10 still has some catching up to do before it meets my own personal needs.
    09-08-14 10:03 PM
    I can only speak for myself, but I handle my communication tasks far more efficiently on Android than I do on BB10. That is actually why I switched to Android as my primary device after I left the Bold behind.

With legacy OS you had the Messages (aka the hub), individual account icons and the drop down notification panel. It worked great. But with BB10 you are left to use the Hub and it is a step backwards and it slows me down.

With my Android device, I handle things so fast thanks to the notification panel that allows me to reply to, delete and archive messages. No need to enter the hub and hunt for the proper account. On top of that, I have individual account icons on my homescreen, toast notifications and native custom LED lights.

BlackBerry 7 was great for efficient communication, but BB10 still has some catching up to do before it meets my own personal needs.
    Well there you go - the HUB is a step backward and Android trumps BlackBerry in communication.

Can't really debate with you over your own personal preferences.

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    09-08-14 10:56 PM
    I can't upgrade my 9930 until our company deploys BES10 in production or BES12. I wonder how many other BBOS users are in that boat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    flyingsolid likes this.
    09-08-14 10:58 PM
    Well there you go - the HUB is a step backward and Android trumps BlackBerry in communication.

Can't really debate with you over your own personal preferences.

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    Well just to clarify, I think only having the Hub, like BB10 does, is a step backwards. Having both the optional account icons + the Hub in the form of Messages on legacy os is awesome and I can't believe that BlackBerry still hasn't added the option to add account icons on BB10 yet.
    09-08-14 11:56 PM
    Both my parents will be upgrading to classic from torch and curve.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 12:18 AM
448 ... 45678 ...