I don't understand what makes you and others think that CrackBerry is a BlackBerry fan site. Look at the top of of this site. It clearly says that CrackBerry.com is "The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and abusers)". No mention of fans at all, so what makes you think this is a fan site?

This is a site for BlackBerry users, but I think the problem may be that there aren't very many normal users of BlackBerry left. Seems like nearly all of the people still using a BlackBerry are emotionally invested fans who buy anything with a BlackBerry logo on it and encourage others to do the same.

CrackBerry doesn't have to become a fanboy/girl only website just because most BlackBerry users these day are emotionally invested fans. This place should remain welcoming to all BlackBerry users.
    Abusers or Users. it is a fan site :-)

We might have different views about what we want in a phone, but for the fact that we are interested in being here on a relative constant basis to talk about the company's future and future products, means we have a vested interest in the company. We are fans (^_^' )
    spork141 likes this.
    09-08-14 10:46 AM
    No I haven't and I don't think having it is a good thing. Yeah if the company makes something I like and continues to do so I'll buy it if they change up this and I don't like the new product I'm not buying it and move to another company.

Aggressive tone I'm wondering who is aggressive here? What the bb10 users need to understand is that every sold phone and customer helps. For some bbos is the perfect operating system why is that so hard to understand accept?

The problem at least to me is that the bb10 is too difficult to navigate through and lacks essential features

btw the best way to show a company that stuff needs to improve into vote with your money
    BB10 too difficult to navigate?? loool

Alright. I hear ya.
    09-08-14 10:49 AM
    I don't think it is price. I haven't checked in a while, but for the longest time, both AT&T and Verizon were charging more for the Bold 9900/9930 both off and on contract than they were for the Q10 or Z10. Maybe in some places the legacy devices are half the cost of BB10 devices, but it doesn't appear to be so in the US.
    Well I mean people who want a new device and can't afford it now or people still in carrier contracts.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 10:50 AM
    Abusers or Users. it is a fan site :-)

We might have different views about what we want in a phone, but for the fact that we are interested in being here on a relative constant basis to talk about the company's future and future products, means we have a vested interest in the company. We are fans (^_^' )
    Ah, so all of the people who are issued a BlackBerry from work, can't stand the phone and only come here to ask for help with using their worked issued BlackBerry aren't welcome? Since after all, this is a site for BlackBerry fans and not a site for BlackBerry users?

Hilarious. This is a site for BlackBerry users. It has always been described as such by the owners and employees of the site. Just cause some want to make it a fan site don't mean it is one.
    09-08-14 10:53 AM
    Ah, so all of the people who are issued a BlackBerry from work, can't stand the phone and only come here to ask for help with using their worked issued BlackBerry aren't welcome? Since after all, this is a site for BlackBerry fans and not a site for BlackBerry users?

Hilarious. This is a site for BlackBerry users. It has always been described as such by the owners and employees of the site. Just cause some want to make it a fan site don't mean it is one.
    That's kind of semantics. The larger part of the userbase is fans, but it doesn't mean non-fans or even non-bbry users are unwelcome.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-08-14 10:56 AM
    That's kind of semantics. The larger part of the userbase is fans, but it doesn't mean non-fans or even non-bbry users are unwelcome.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Semantics or not, it is true. Being a site for BlackBerry users is inclusive. It includes the BlackBerry users who are fans and those who aren't. If this were a site for BlackBerry fans, it would exclude the people I just described who do use a BlackBerry, but aren't necessarily fans.

In my opinion, CrackBerry shouldn't be a fan site, it would be boring if this place turned into a cult like atmosphere where everyone had the same opinions.
    Ecm likes this.
    09-08-14 11:01 AM
    Semantics or not, it is true. Being a site for BlackBerry users is inclusive. If this were a fan site, it would exclude the people I just described who use a BlackBerry, but aren't necessarily fans.

CrackBerry shouldn't be a fan site, it would be boring if this place turned into a cult like atmosphere where everyone had the same opinions.
    We are not talking about people who are issued phones for work. Those people wouldn't care enough to bother to argue with us about blackberries future. You can pick apart anything in earth. Is everyone watching the Olympics a fan, or mowing their lawn a gardener, or kareokeing a professional singer? No! But for the most part this site is for fans! If you were not a fan you'd be coming to the boards, getting your info and leaving.

Since you are happily debating us here, I assume it's safe to say you are a fan correct?

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-08-14 11:06 AM
    We are not talking about people who are issued phones for work. Those people wouldn't care enough to bother to argue with us about blackberries future. You can pick apart anything in earth. Is everyone watching the Olympics a fan, or mowing their lawn a gardener, or kareokeing a professional singer? No! But for the most part this site is for fans! If you were not a fan you'd be coming to the boards, getting your info and leaving.

Since you are happily debating us here, I assume it's safe to say you are a fan correct?

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe that you're still arguing this. What part of "The #1 site for BlackBerry users" do you not understand? I know you can read or you wouldn't be able to reply to my messages.

When they change the tagline to the #1 site for BlackBerry fans, than you'll have a point and I will agree. Until that happens, which it never will, CrackBerry is a site for BlackBerry users.
    09-08-14 11:23 AM
    I can't believe that you're still arguing this. What part of "The #1 site for BlackBerry users" do you not understand? I know you can read or you wouldn't be able to reply to my messages.

When they change the tagline to the #1 site for BlackBerry fans, than you'll have a point and I will agree. Until that happens, which it never will, CrackBerry is a site for BlackBerry users.
    Are you a blackberry fan?

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-08-14 11:27 AM
    Are you a blackberry fan?

Posted via CB10
    Nope... I am a BlackBerry user.

For the record, I'm not a fanboy of any company. Brand loyalty is stupid. I buy and use whatever meets my needs or fancy and I currently use four different mobile operating systems (android, sailfish, wp8 and bb10).
    09-08-14 11:29 AM
    Nope... I am a BlackBerry user.

For the record, I'm not a fanboy of any company. Brand loyalty is stupid. I buy and use whatever meets my needs or fancy and I currently use four different mobile operating systems (android, sailfish, wp8 and bb10).
    Well you'll be happy to know , as the op, that I release you from the people I am talking about in this thread . I am speaking to blackberry fans who are waiting for the perfect blackberry device to upgrade to.

I'm a blackberry fan because it's the last company who offers a productive phone with a keyboard with great multitasking. Otherwise I might still be on webos. So call it by default, but I'm still a fan.

And I'm still happy to be a fan

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-08-14 11:38 AM
    If the Passport and the Classic don't get any traction, it is safe to assume that the physical keyboard smartphone market is pretty much dead.
    I have to agree; most of us thought the Q10 was going to sell well, BUT!
    09-08-14 11:54 AM
    I have to agree; most of us thought the Q10 was going to sell well, BUT!
    I'm hoping it brings some fixes that the Q could really use (double presses etc)

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-08-14 11:58 AM
    Ok I'll play the fan game :

Maybe some are just fans of the bbos and not of the 10?

Whatever the case may be it's a site for users, some are fans and some users but the best thing is its not blind zombie like following

Also users can be become fans and vice versa
    09-08-14 12:02 PM
    [WARN]Let's get this thread back on topic. The discussion/debate is about BBOS users migrating to the Classic, not how CrackBerry should be classified!
    [/WARN]
    so crow likes this.
    09-08-14 12:30 PM
    Right. So to clarify. For blackberry fans who only want to be on blackberry devices and are are on bbos and are waiting for the perfect bb10 device to switch to, I urge you to switch and adapt now. The toolbelt is back and this is the closest you will get unless BlackBerry can push devices again.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 12:42 PM
    This isn't talking to people "stuck" on bbos because of company or financial reasons. It's for people "holding out" for the perfect bb10 device before they upgrade. If you aren't in the market for a bb10 device then be happy and merry with it.

Posted via CB10
    As things are, this minute, the perfect device for me is the 9900. It is doing EVERYthing I NEED it to do better than anything BB, or anything else, has offered to date. I plan to get a Q20, for reasons of my own, but think about what you're asking? You're asking me to give up what I consider to be a perfect device just to pay hundreds of $$ for a less functional device. ?? I get that BB10 does more of what you like but it does significantly less of what I NEED. Q20 and BB10.3.1 might likely turn out to be "perfect enough". There was a day when I trusted BB enough to give them benefit of doubt. Burned too many times. I will not recommend it to my management untill after living with one for a month, or so.

Having used IT issued Z10s for 9 months and then Qs for 3 months, all 26 in my office byod out of our own pockets to get back to 9900s. No "stuck" about it. If I can't convince management that Apple's fixed battery really was the best thing all this time and that the 20's physical "end" key is most important, we will likely get "stuck" with an awful Casio with swappable battery. Yuck.
    09-08-14 12:43 PM
    As things are, this minute, the perfect device for me is the 9900. It is doing EVERYthing I NEED it to do better than anything BB, or anything else, has offered to date. I plan to get a Q20, for reasons of my own, (
    Wait. Huh? So the 9900 is the perfect device for you but you plan on getting a classic? So. I assume it's because the classic offers you something that the 9900 doesn't?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 12:55 PM
    Wait. Huh? So the 9900 is the perfect device for you but you plan on getting a classic? So. I assume it's because the classic offers you something that the 9900 doesn't?

Posted via CB10
    Read closely. 9900 is perfect, to date. Expecting Q20 to be perfect enough in Nov. BB10 IS the future. Just waiting for it to grow up.
    George_B likes this.
    09-08-14 01:03 PM
    I don't care if it's because of a toolbelt, removable battery, programmable hot keys, charging contacts, or some silly bbos feature that hasn't been ported over. If the classic doesn't sell, you won't see another blackberry of this nature. It's time to accept change and get on the right side. Holding on to your ancient phone because some granular feature hadn't made its way to bb10 hardware yet is just as bad for BlackBerry as you getting an iphone or Android.

John Chen has brought you the toolbelt. Arguably a useless feature with how far touchscreen tech has come, but the BlackBerry community has seemed to embrace it anyway. This is where the divide has to end though.

This is as good as its going to get unless BlackBerry can prove that it can push hardware again. Time to shut up about all the little advantages charging contacts, or removable batteries bring, and move into reality. It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    Loving this commentary. This is exactly the problem. We have the Classic now, well, will very soon, and I bet it barely sells. Why? Because all of the BBOS holdouts are staying with BBOS not because of a lack of some feature or other in BB10, but because they simply (a) don't want to upgrade (dinosaur), or (b) have a company mandated device (in which case they don't make the buying decision). In all, the Classic will flop and all of the BBOS holdouts will still be on BBOS.
    09-08-14 01:11 PM
    Right. So to clarify. For blackberry fans who only want to be on blackberry devices and are are on bbos and are waiting for the perfect bb10 device to switch to, I urge you to switch and adapt now. The toolbelt is back and this is the closest you will get unless BlackBerry can push devices again.

Posted via CB10
    No matter how often you are going to repeat that mandamus, some won't do it if the Classic isn't the phone they've hoped for. Yeah it could be the closest but it could also be the prototype for an updated BB 9900 - by far Blackberrys best phone - nobody can predict the future. Guess what ? If you like BB 10 that much I'm honestly happy for you but please understand that tastes and needs are different and right now it looks that BB 10 just hasn't done enough to satisfy the needs of a majority of legacy users.

Also if BB 10 is really the future (like so many here claim), then BB shouldn't have a problem including the things which made BBOS special don't you think ? No matter which OS being an early adopter is hardly a good idea hence the term "paying beta tester".
    09-08-14 01:13 PM
    Read closely. 9900 is perfect, to date. Expecting Q20 to be perfect enough in Nov. BB10 IS the future. Just waiting for it to grow up.
    So you're not the person I've been talking about all along. So why have you been arguing all this time? I'm talking about people who still refuse to upgrade to bb10 because even after this round of devices are out because they still aren't satisfied enough to do so.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 01:19 PM
    No matter how often you are going to repeat that mandamus, some won't do it if the Classic isn't the phone they've hoped for. Yeah it could be the closest but it could also be the prototype for an updated BB 9900 - by far Blackberrys best phone - nobody can predict the future. Guess what ? If you like BB 10 that much I'm honestly happy for you but please understand that tastes and needs are different and right now it looks that BB 10 just hasn't done enough to satisfy the needs of a majority of legacy users.

Also if BB 10 is really the future (like so many here claim), then BB shouldn't have a problem including the things which made BBOS special don't you think ? No matter which OS being an early adopter is hardly a good idea hence the term "paying beta tester".
    It will never satisfy your nerds. Because it'll be gone! That's the point! It'll never mature it'll never improve. BlackBerry will just stop selling phones and will be chopped into pieces. We'll all be on iPhone talking about the glory days.
    Where will your keyboards and batteries and convince keys be then? It'll be fiction because we all sat around waiting for our little piece of the blackberry pie while they withered and died on the vine.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 01:25 PM
    It will never satisfy your nerds. Because it'll be gone! That's the point! It'll never mature it'll never improve. BlackBerry will just stop selling phones and will be chopped into pieces. We'll all be on iPhone talking about the glory days.
    Where will your keyboards and batteries and convince keys be then? It'll be fiction because we all sat around waiting for our little piece of the blackberry pie while they withered and died on the vine.

Posted via CB10
    And that's exactly the difference in our line of thinking if the unthinkable happens:

1. Blackberry has only themselves to blame (even their own devs tried to talk to the BB 10 but they didn't listen so what can you do?)
    2. There are still dozens of Legacy devices available on shop.crackberry, amazon, ebay

Nope even if BB goes down I wouldn't be on Iphone I'd be going full Android and use the S Pen as a mouse while having a BB 9900 in line. Yeah it's older now but it's still a top device that gets the job done so I'm not worried at all whatever happens happens, we as users can't control anything of that scale (right or wrong).
    09-08-14 01:46 PM
    And that's exactly the difference in our line of thinking if the unthinkable happens:

1. Blackberry has only themselves to blame (even their own devs tried to talk to the BB 10 but they didn't listen so what can you do?)
    2. There are still dozens of Legacy devices available on shop.crackberry, amazon, ebay

Nope even if BB goes down I wouldn't be on Iphone I'd be going full Android and use the S Pen as a mouse while having a BB 9900 in line. Yeah it's older now but it's still a top device that gets the job done so I'm not worried at all whatever happens happens, we as users can't control anything of that scale (right or wrong).
    I'm curious. What features are you waiting for from blackberry that won't be in place by the time the classic and the passport launches? I assume it's something pretty specific considering you are willing to carry around 2 phones to accomplish your needs efficiently.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 02:30 PM
448 ... 34567 ...