I don't care if it's because of a toolbelt, removable battery, programmable hot keys, charging contacts, or some silly bbos feature that hasn't been ported over. If the classic doesn't sell, you won't see another blackberry of this nature. It's time to accept change and get on the right side. Holding on to your ancient phone because some granular feature hadn't made its way to bb10 hardware yet is just as bad for BlackBerry as you getting an iphone or Android.

John Chen has brought you the toolbelt. Arguably a useless feature with how far touchscreen tech has come, but the BlackBerry community has seemed to embrace it anyway. This is where the divide has to end though.

This is as good as its going to get unless BlackBerry can prove that it can push hardware again. Time to shut up about all the little advantages charging contacts, or removable batteries bring, and move into reality. It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    so crow, djmach_7HN, Hazo and 42 others like this.
    09-06-14 02:44 PM
    09-06-14 02:45 PM
    Agree amen

Posted via CB10
    Hazo likes this.
    09-06-14 02:53 PM
    It's time to accept change and get on the right side.
    So, I'm assuming that it's you that determines which is the "right side"?

Holding on to your ancient phone because some granular feature hadn't made its way to bb10 hardware yet is just as bad for BlackBerry as you getting an iphone or Android.
    And when you say "ancient", you mean 3 years old (just one year longer than most contracts. Got it.

What makes you think people are holding onto their BBOS phone for "some granular feature"?

And, why would people doing this CARE if it's just as bad for BlackBerry as it is getting Android or Iphone? Which.....by the way ...IT ISN'T because
    A: You didn't give either one of those companies your money...and
    B: the legacy phones requires BIS which means you are giving BlackBerry your money

John Chen has brought you the toolbelt.
    You mean "....is bringing you the toolbelt". It hasn't actually happened yet.

Arguably a useless feature with how far touchscreen tech has come,
    By all means.....please argue the case. Please explain how a touchscreen can replace a physical button for shortcuts, or dedicated tasks, or (mind explode) wearing gloves in the winter.

but the BlackBerry community has seemed to embrace it anyway. This is where the divide has to end though.
    Why does it have to end? Clearly people want this and that's why Chen is giving it to them.

This is as good as its going to get unless BlackBerry can prove that it can push hardware again. Time to shut up about all the little advantages charging contacts, or removable batteries bring, and move into reality.
    And, which reality is this? And, why do people need to do this again? Will the matrix close in on itself if they don't listen to you?

It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you say people would be getting the Iphone if they don't decide Classic sways them from BBOS legacy? Aren't there other phones in existence?
    09-06-14 03:04 PM
    So, I'm assuming that it's you that determines which is the "right side"?

And when you say "ancient", you mean 3 years old (just one year longer than most contracts. Got it.

What makes you think people are holding onto their BBOS phone for "some granular feature"?

And, why would people doing this CARE if it's just as bad for BlackBerry as it is getting Android or Iphone? Which.....by the way ...IT ISN'T because
    A: You didn't give either one of those companies your money...and
    B: the legacy phones requires BIS which means you are giving BlackBerry your money

You mean "....is bringing you the toolbelt". It hasn't actually happened yet.

By all means.....please argue the case. Please explain how a touchscreen can replace a physical button for shortcuts, or dedicated tasks, or (mind explode) wearing gloves in the winter.

Why does it have to end? Clearly people want this and that's why Chen is giving it to them.

And, which reality is this? And, why do people need to do this again? Will the matrix close in on itself if they don't listen to you?

Why would you say people would be getting the Iphone if they don't decide Classic sways them from BBOS legacy? Aren't there other phones in existence?
    Totally agree with you 100%.

Also from my understanding a HUGE percentage of Blackberry Service Subscribers are still on legacy devices. Therefore it is safe to assume alot of these legacy device users find BB10 QWERTY devices less productive for the simplistic of tasks which BB was renowned for. BB10 has brought the devices into a modern era, by providing better access to a number actions/services however at the expense of legacy services that some believe to great a sacrifice.
    George_B and Chrisy like this.
    09-06-14 03:14 PM
    I don't care if it's because of a toolbelt, removable battery, programmable hot keys, charging contacts, or some silly bbos feature that hasn't been ported over. If the classic doesn't sell, you won't see another blackberry of this nature. It's time to accept change and get on the right side. Holding on to your ancient phone because some granular feature hadn't made its way to bb10 hardware yet is just as bad for BlackBerry as you getting an iphone or Android.

John Chen has brought you the toolbelt. Arguably a useless feature with how far touchscreen tech has come, but the BlackBerry community has seemed to embrace it anyway. This is where the divide has to end though.

This is as good as its going to get unless BlackBerry can prove that it can push hardware again. Time to shut up about all the little advantages charging contacts, or removable batteries bring, and move into reality. It's either the classic, or you will be getting the next iphone because this is as good as its gonna get if it doesn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, because you don't want it, it must be a "useless" feature... I guess you can call back your last call by double pressing one button without looking at your phone? Or hang up a call under any circumstance (screen off, navigated away from the phone app, etc) with just one button push without looking, and easily select text starting from an edge of the screen without fumbling right? I also have used a Z10, so don't BS me.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-06-14 03:16 PM
    I agree OP. I hate that Chen felt the need to cater to the hold-outs. It's wasted time IMO. Let's get this BB10 show on the road. Buy the Q20 and let's keep moving forward.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-06-14 03:17 PM
    I agree OP. I hate that Chen felt the need to cater to the hold-outs.
    You call them "hold outs". CEO's call them "customers".

. It's wasted time IMO.
    How is selling new phones wasted time?
    09-06-14 03:20 PM
    Yes, because you don't want it, it must be a "useless" feature... I guess you can call back your last call by double pressing one button without looking at your phone? Or hang up a call under any circumstance (screen off, navigated away from the phone app, etc) with just one button push without looking, and easily select text starting from an edge of the screen without fumbling right? I also have used a Z10, so don't BS me.

Dude..I'm on board with the toolbelt now. It's there and I'm not complaining about it being there. Its old news. But this is where it has to end. The toolbelt is there. Now get a classic. No more complaining about all the other nonsense. If this phone doesn't sell, there will never be the Q30 "More Classic than Classic". Adapt to change like the rest f the world did years ago. We need all hands on deck.
    09-06-14 03:35 PM
    You call them "hold outs". CEO's call them "customers".

How is selling new phones wasted time?
    Correction, "potential customer". In order to be a customer you need to buy Blackberrys. I would argue to be on Crackberry.com you need to buy Blackberrys. But thats just me.
    09-06-14 03:38 PM
    Dude..I'm on board with the toolbelt now. It's there and I'm not complaining about it being there. Its old news. But this is where it has to end. The toolbelt is there. Now get a classic. No more complaining about all the other nonsense. If this phone doesn't sell, there will never be the Q30 "More Classic than Classic". Adapt to change like the rest f the world did years ago. We need all hands on deck.
    I'm using a Q10, which is a BB10... And joining the collective of the rest of the world isn't exactly my number 1 goal. I do what suits me the best. I care about how productive I am, not what other people think is cool or whatever. If I did, I wouldn't be using a BlackBerry at all...

acovey likes this.
    09-06-14 03:40 PM
    If only BB OS10 kept their cheap BIS data plans for consumers like in BBOS phones
    UKAsh, MaxxxBerry23, kazin and 5 others like this.
    09-06-14 03:43 PM
    I'm using a Q10, which is a BB10... And joining the collective of the rest of the world isn't exactly my number 1 goal. I do what suits me the best. I care about how productive I am, not what other people think is cool or whatever. If I did, I wouldn't be using a BlackBerry at all...

If you are using a Q10, then you are not a BBOS hold out.
    09-06-14 03:43 PM
    Correction, "potential customer". In order to be a customer you need to buy Blackberrys. I would argue to be on Crackberry.com you need to buy Blackberrys. But thats just me.
    You're arguement is flawed to begin with, majority of blackberry subscribers are on BBOS 7 or prior (as reported at fiscal year end 2014) - BB10 users are the minority. Blackberry may be able to hold on to BB10 customers in the future, the question is will it be able to get its legacy device holders to move to BB10 or will it end up losing them all together.

And it isn't really an issue of "potential customer" more "Customer Retention"
    George_B likes this.
    09-06-14 03:45 PM
    If they already have a BlackBerry, they are customers, especially if they have BIS that generates revenue every month. The potential is in selling them something new.

Why do you need to but BlackBerry's to be on CrackBerry, and what does this question have to do with this topic anyway? Are you suggesting that if you have a 3 year old BlackBerry you can't be on CrackBerry?
    acovey, MaxxxBerry23 and George_B like this.
    09-06-14 03:52 PM
    We donate to multiple charities. Hmm... let's see.... nope, BBRY isn't on the list. Sorry.

If BBRY makes a device i want to buy, i'll buy it. If not, i wont. I still buy things from CB. That can change, also, if that's what they really want?? ??

Making us wait 3 years for a new tool belt device tells me all i need to know about BBRY's loyalty to me. The Q20's toolbelt is tempting and stands a good chance to get my company into BB10 despite BBRY's utterly STUPID trend toward fixed batteries. We'll have to get one in hand and see what it really does. Given the other STUPID things BBRY has done, it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to idiotically abandon other functionality we take for granted from "legacy toolbelts". Hoping not but... Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on ME! We'll see. If forced to abandon toolbelt devices, WHY should i stick with BB? What do they offer that should rationally keep me in BB? Several Android flavors at least offer swappable batteries.

Q20 is tempting but... we'll have to see.
    09-06-14 04:13 PM
    The Q20 tools belt was conceived of because certain legacy users were reluctant to buy into Bb10 without something similar to what they already had with their legacy devices. It is literally a carrot they are dangling in front of reluctant BBOS users to come over to the 21st century. It's a gable, at best, since I don't think enough of those "customers" (read: hold-outs) will actually see the belt as enticing enough. I'm sure some will. But not enough to merit the time and economy spent on creating this dangling carrot.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-06-14 04:23 PM
    We donate to multiple charities. Hmm... let's see.... nope, BBRY isn't on the list. Sorry.

If BBRY makes a device i want to buy, i'll buy it. If not, i wont. I still buy things from CB. That can change, also, if that's what they really want?? ??

Making us wait 3 years for a new tool belt device tells me all i need to know about BBRY's loyalty to me. The Q20's toolbelt is tempting and stands a good chance to get my company into BB10 despite BBRY's utterly STUPID trend toward fixed batteries. We'll have to get one in hand and see what it really does. Given the other STUPID things BBRY has done, it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to idiotically abandon other functionality we take for granted from "legacy toolbelts". Hoping not but... Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on ME! We'll see. If forced to abandon toolbelt devices, WHY should i stick with BB? What do they offer that should rationally keep me in BB? Several Android flavors at least offer swappable batteries.

Q20 is tempting but... we'll have to see.
    You have a valid opinion, however I would say that the biggest thing keeping me with BB on legacy devices & constantly renew contracts with them is security & the efficiency the device brings to my working environment. Nobody else compares.

However, the question I would ask is "do you need to move from legacy devices if there isn't anything you want"?
    George_B and AllanQuatermain like this.
    09-06-14 04:24 PM
    Replying to no specific user in particular
    This thread escalated quickly. If any mods active seems like a convenient time to close this one.

I don't get all the angry, bitter, harassing, passive-aggressive posts towards other members. Crackberry forums 7yrs ago were a place to learn and share info. Now any thread is fair game to go off topic, aggressively go after any post you disagree with, shame someone for their views. It's actually as if some people come here just to argue, which would typically be calling trolling, except that so many of those angry users have 400+ posts, which makes it clear that either forum mods don't care, or site management actually values these vile, useless, self-serving, annoying, frustrating, degrading, hateful, rude, ignorant, arrogant, spiteful posts.

There's an "ignore" feature to the forums, I know; but I'd rather quit the site completely than have to click "ignore" on all the useless drivel that's coming out of some people's mouths. I'm not going to call anyone out in this thread specifically, but now would be a good time to look around ask if you're providing more helpful content or just hateful fighting to the site.
    Agreed. I, for one, am guilty as charged. Something i need to correct. My apologies to all here.
    wilber1 and wyrdfool like this.
    09-06-14 04:37 PM
    Closed for review. Stay tuned
    09-06-14 04:37 PM
    [INFO]All,

The debate about the virtues and downsides of both BB OS and BB 10 is a very emotional one. We understand that. But, let's discuss, disagree and debate without getting personal. Accept that some in this thread will never agree with your viewpoint -- whichever side you're on![/INFO]

Re-opened after a little tidying up.

Thanks,
    Elessar.cm / Moderator
    Chrisy, idssteve, zocster and 2 others like this.
    09-06-14 05:04 PM
    Thanks moderator! I think it's a worthwhile debate. I believe some of the language (i.e. Holdout) is in intentionally inflammatory. But, it's also accurate.

Ecm likes this.
    09-06-14 05:10 PM
    Thanks moderator! I think it's a worthwhile debate. I believe some of the language (i.e. Holdout) is in intentionally inflammatory. But, it's also accurate.

Actually, I believe the inflammatory statements were:

It's time to accept change and get on the right side....

Holding on to your ancient phone ........

....the toolbelt. Arguably a useless feature......

Time to shut up ......

And those were just in the OP's first post. Start a thread like that, you're gonna get some reactions.
    jegs2 and clickitykeys like this.
    09-06-14 05:20 PM
    I agree some what with the thread starter, but at the same time it is going to be up to each person to decide how they are going to spend their own money. In order for me to purchase a Blackberry Classic is has to be on either Verizon or US Cellular because any other network is useless to me in my particular area.
    09-06-14 05:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    When... 2015... 2016... I can't find any info on when we can... So why tell us to when they refuse to let us or the carrier know...
    09-06-14 05:26 PM
448 123 ...