Hello,

Our COO's Blackberry Classic doesn't seem to respect Silent mode due to customized alert settings configured for specific contacts.

Is this an intended feature? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Matt
    03-05-15 06:59 AM
    I don't use customized contact notifications.. yet, but I do make use of the keyboard shortcut to switch from normal to silent mode quickly. I actually customized certain apps in silent mode to vibrate. I turned off all vibrations in normal mode. So if I want the phone truly silent with only the LED flashing, I leave it in the normal profile and just turn the notifications volume all the way down. Pseudo-silent and I can toggle it quickly with a keyboard shortcut.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:26 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. According to the user, Silent does not mean "silent," as I was under the impression that Silent mode actually killed all sound, regardless of how it was configured. He wants "Silent" to mean silent, nada, nothing, shhh...
    03-05-15 07:35 AM
    I just started another thread about an issue with Bedside Mode notifications, I want my alarm to only vibrate but I can't figure out how to make it vibrate and not use sound. Some of the toggles are greyed out and I can not customize the profiles. I guess it could be a software issue they will address in the future.
    branded likes this.
    03-05-15 07:41 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. According to the user, Silent does not mean "silent," as I was under the impression that Silent mode actually killed all sound, regardless of how it was configured. He wants "Silent" to mean silent, nada, nothing, shhh...
    Well the closest I've found to that is Normal profile with volume turned down and nothing set to vibrate. In my experience with the Q10 and Classic, this essentially achieves "silent". I agree "silent" should = silent, but BlackBerry didn't take the name literally enough.

Posted via CB10
    branded likes this.
    03-05-15 08:11 AM
    BlackBerry indicates that Custom Notification over ride profile settings. Pretty straight forward.
    Xenolock likes this.
    03-05-15 09:04 AM