I believe there is nothing we can do in regards to keypress. This has been in existence since legacy OS. The only way to overcome this is either with the use of casing/holster or have the device facing outward in the pocket.
    Not true, the keys and screen locked with the convenience button on the legacy OS. At least all the phones I had did that. Not sure why BB would change that behavior or not give you the option???
    04-13-15 01:01 PM
    I FOUND THE SOLUTION GUYS!! Don't carry your phone in your pockets lol!! I work @ a computer/phone/tablet repair shop and we get like 10 phones a week with cracked screens, busted batteries etc, mostly due to people keeping their phones in their pockets! You guys be happy our phones are built with quality and the only issue you are having is "pocket unlocking" and not cracked screens and busted batteries!
    Ok. How about we still build quality phones and just deactivate the 40 lock keys on the front. Everyone suggesting the answer is that we limit the way we are comfortable using our phones is missing the point. It's an easy "fix" for BlackBerry to implement. They, for whatever reason, haven't done it

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 04:15 PM
    Only U works on the Passport, which doesn't happen easily in my pocket, swipe to wake did though so I disabled that, I like pressing U then swipe

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-13-15 04:27 PM
    Only U works on the Passport, which doesn't happen easily in my pocket, swipe to wake did though so I disabled that, I like pressing U then swipe

Posted by Jzamalot
    That makes sense on the passport since the power button is hard to reach.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 07:36 PM
    For me, one handing my Passport is a shuffle.
    I've managed to type with one hand holding the phone resting on my four fingers with my thumb typing from the bottom middle lol

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-13-15 09:37 PM
    There is a new app called PocketSafe now
    available in BlackBerry World that prevents your phone from accidentally doing anything while in your pocket, even if you forget to lock the screen. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:21 PM
    By default the number keys on any Q device wake up the phone. The Q5,10 and classic all behave the same way. If you have your Q10 laying around, try it.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    07-29-15 12:08 AM
    I say again, PocketSafe is the solution.

When using PocketSafe, to prevent getting the pop up every time your hand passes close to the sensor you can use battery saving mode. Swipe down from top of screen and you will see the Settings button. Turn on battery saving mode. With this option turned on the app will only function if it detects a close object within 10 seconds after the screen turns on. That will solve your problem. However, with battery saving on, your screen must be turned off before putting the phone in your pocket. Otherwise you will not be protected from pocket dialing until your screen turns off automatically, which may never happen if it begins pocket dialing right after it goes in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:56 PM
    I know this doesn't solve the root cause but if you have a password set and hit 'k' to lock, you will be virtually guaranteed to never accidentally unlock your phone while it's in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, but then you can't use a picture password because in the pocket you'll be inserting wrong passwords and if u reach ten u get a data swipe!
    So you're obliged to use a word/numbers pass which personally I don't like.

Now there's something I don't get, this doesn't happen with the iPhone because the touchscreen only works by skin touch while the classic screen by anything (clothes against thighs apparently). Am I mistaken here?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 03:44 AM
59 123