Spork. Do you have lift to wake and stay on longer turned on in advanced interactions? I do have mine on and sometimes I notice it will turn on when I pull it from my pocket. I haven't noticed pocket dialing though.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. All advanced interactions are turned off

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 10:13 PM
    Sorry don't want to be rude but which part don't you understand. By disabling the wipe to unlock and enabling the top button to lock/unlock the phone from the security menu and removing the u+enter from the shortcut menu then what button remains to unlock the phone other than the top lock/unlock button?

Posted via CB10
    1. He wants to DISABLE the "u" on the keyboard to unlock.

2. He wants to KEEP the TOP button + swipe gesture.

3. There's no way to disable the "U" keyboard button to unlock.

Hopefully I made this ***** proof enough so it will clear up your confusion. Unless you don't bother to read past 1.
    04-10-15 11:48 PM
    This is something I miss from the 9900, the lock also locked the keyboard which eliminated but dials. The lock button locked everything until you unlocked it by pressing the button again.

The 9900 also had a programmable side button for this feature, the side button is less likely to be accidentally pushed.
    04-11-15 12:02 AM
    One annoying thing about keypress is this.

- Phone is in your pocket.

- Thigh accidentally pressed a button.

- Screen comes alive.

- Thigh rub against the screen preventing it sleeping for who knows how long.

- Battery drain.
    04-11-15 12:36 AM
    If it's such a big deal, why not lock the screen by holding down 'k' before putting it away?
    04-11-15 02:22 AM

- Screen comes alive.

- Battery drain.
    Which is why a sleeve is a good solution to consider. I hesitated getting one as I liked how the phone was able to fit in the front pocket of my jeans and was fearful the sleeve would interfere with the fit, but as it turns out it doesn't, so I'm happy it now have it.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:30 AM
    I apologise if I offended anyone but a lot of people don't know that there is an option for the top button to also Unlock the phone instead of just waking it up. Nevertheless I misread the original posters message and understood that he wanted the top button to lock and unlock the phone. Also I was wrong with the disabling the native u button. I apologise again if I offended anyone.
    Demetris

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 08:25 AM
    I know what the problem is. Sometimes locking the screen is not locking the screen. If you hold k and lock, you can press the trackpad and an upswipe won't do anything.

If you push the power button to shut off the screen, you can press the trackpad and an upswipe will unlock the screen.

For now. Hold k to lock. And I'm lowering my lock timeout.

BlackBerry. MAKE THE POWER BUTTON THE SAME AS HOLDING K PLEASE.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:08 AM
    1. He wants to DISABLE the "u" on the keyboard to unlock.

2. He wants to KEEP the TOP button + swipe gesture.

3. There's no way to disable the "U" keyboard button to unlock.

Hopefully I made this ***** proof enough so it will clear up your confusion. Unless you don't bother to read past 1.
    Yes exactly. It's more than the U button on the lock screen anyway. Quite a few buttons do this

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:08 AM
    I know what the problem is. Sometimes locking the screen is not locking the screen. If you hold k and lock, you can press the trackpad and an upswipe won't do anything.

If you push the power button to shut off the screen, you can press the trackpad and an upswipe will unlock the screen.

For now. Hold k to lock. And I'm lowering my lock timeout.

BlackBerry. MAKE THE POWER BUTTON THE SAME AS HOLDING K PLEASE.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried this. Hit k to lock and then hit w and screen lit up again. I just want the screen to stay off unless I hit the power lock button. This is to prevent accidentally unlocking in my pocket when my thigh rubs when I'm walking.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:11 AM

- Screen comes alive.

- Battery drain.
    Yes this is exactly the issue

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:12 AM
    I apologise if I offended anyone but a lot of people don't know that there is an option for the top button to also Unlock the phone instead of just waking it up. Nevertheless I misread the original posters message and understood that he wanted the top button to lock and unlock the phone. Also I was wrong with the disabling the native u button. I apologise again if I offended anyone.
    Demetris

Posted via CB10
    You are forgiven.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:13 AM
    Just tried this. Hit k to lock and then hit w and screen lit up again. I just want the screen to stay off unless I hit the power lock button. This is to prevent accidentally unlocking in my pocket when my thigh rubs when I'm walking.

Posted via CB10
    I know this doesn't solve the root cause but if you have a password set and hit 'k' to lock, you will be virtually guaranteed to never accidentally unlock your phone while it's in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 08:00 AM
    Stop randomly clicking things!
    All number buttons wake the screen, once screen is awake it's very easy to unlock.
    04-12-15 10:57 AM
    Stop randomly clicking things!
    All number buttons wake the screen, once screen is awake it's very easy to unlock.
    Thanks for your input. We know this. That's why this post exists.

There's no way anyone will convince me that this is a sound design. Why do we need 40 + buttons to wake the screen? It's funny that we have an on off setting for the one button who's sole existence it to wake the phone, but we can't turn off the 40 others that aren't supposed to wake the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 02:03 PM
    Thanks for your input. We know this. That's why this post exists.

There's no way anyone will convince me that this is a sound design. Why do we need 40 + buttons to wake the screen? It's funny that we have an on off setting for the one button who's sole existence it to wake the phone, but we can't turn off the 40 others that aren't supposed to wake the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, and you could theoreticaly wipe your phone by randomly entering wrong passwords with the keyboard not locking. I almost did.
    04-12-15 03:15 PM
    The absolute best for me is having a pin set and setting the lock screen timeout to 1. Got me past the 1-day mark yesterday on battery and LTE all day.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 04:07 PM
    The absolute best for me is having a pin set and setting the lock screen timeout to 1. Got me past the 1-day mark yesterday on battery and LTE all day.

Posted via CB10
    I know I could do this and it's prob the closest I can get to what I want. It's just that we all have those times we put down our phone for a sec and don't want to keep unlocking.

At this point I guess we've beat this one to death. Thanks for all your help

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 06:59 PM
    I believe there is nothing we can do in regards to keypress. This has been in existence since legacy OS. The only way to overcome this is either with the use of casing/holster or have the device facing outward in the pocket.
    04-13-15 01:18 AM
    I consider this a major problem/defect, as my phone literally erased ALL of my e-mails while it was in my pocket. Luckily it happen to randomly choose "do not delete on server" or it would have taken a lot of time to restore everything. That's when I started to use the password to unlock and I haven't had that problem since.

It's 2015. We shouldn't be having these problems. And whoever claims that the OS isn't mature isn't taking into account the fact that we're now on 10.3.1. This should have been resolved by 10.2!!! Or perhaps they broke whatever was working before? Either way this is a pretty major oversight, as it could literally results in the phone being wiped (due to 10 password tries randomly). I'm not going to call it a "bug" per se, as the phone options are working as designed, but there really should be a feature that avoids the keyboard wake ups. There's no reason why any of us should be concerned about putting our phones in our pockets!!!

Anyhow, hopefully they will fix this is an upcoming update...
    04-13-15 02:41 AM
    I don't suppose there's any chance your Classic lands snugly into the exact same position every time, in your pockets?

...because I've been considering myself, as a botched together workaround, making some sort of discreet magnetic pin that I can stick to a shirt pocket, to keep the device soundly asleep (Passport fits those pockets almost perfectly and doesn't flop around). :P
    04-13-15 03:08 AM
    If you don't have a pin, password, or picture password set, I can't help you. Setting a short timeout and allowing the phone to lock is the only way to secure it.

I want a flip case with a magnet please. Is there an official BlackBerry flip case? I would kill for that on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 10:06 AM
    I've been considering myself, as a botched together workaround, making some sort of discreet magnetic pin that I can stick to a shirt pocket
    Problem is keeping it in the right place or else it could unlock it just as easily, right? Some sort of tough hard sleeve would be nice. Make it thin and carbon and lined on the inside with a BlackBerry logo and magnet built in and I'm in.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 10:23 AM
    I noticed when testing mine out too. At first I thought random keys would wake up the phone, but it actually relates to the numbers 0-9 (W E R, S D F, Z X C, 0). Every physical button on the toolbelt including the trackpad clicking usually does this too, aside from the obvious lock button at the top.

BlackBerry Assistant can be instantly used by holding the mute/assistant key even in lock mode, but I like that as a feature although sometimes it is a little unresponsive.

If we can find out why the number keys are given priority in lock mode, that should be our answer. It would be nice to know why if they can't make it optional.
    04-13-15 10:32 AM
    I FOUND THE SOLUTION GUYS!! Don't carry your phone in your pockets lol!! I work @ a computer/phone/tablet repair shop and we get like 10 phones a week with cracked screens, busted batteries etc, mostly due to people keeping their phones in their pockets! You guys be happy our phones are built with quality and the only issue you are having is "pocket unlocking" and not cracked screens and busted batteries!
    04-13-15 12:12 PM
59 123