I only have one major gripe with the classic. I don't remember having this "issue" with the Q10. I don't want any other key to unlock or wake my phone from standby when it's in my pocket other than the lock button on top. I dug through settings and there's no option for this. I already disabled swipe to wake and played with screen timeout times. Nothing seemed to effect this.

I often take my phone out of my back pocket to find out it unlocked in my pocket and it's on some random page or in some random app. I have to have a mini heart attack every time.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 07:52 AM
    If I'm not mistaken - as I have a Q10 - the letter "u" and the enter key unlock the device. So maybe if you head into the shortcuts, you can find it under the letter "u" and remove it. That might work, though I'm not quite sure if other letters ever woke up my device.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 08:03 AM
    I could be wrong, but the letter U assignment to unlock is built into BB10. You can assign U to anything else, but while the device is locked, U still unlocks it.
    04-08-15 08:16 AM
    Yeah I deleted all those but no dice. If you want to see it for yourself just lock your classic and starting from thr Q just tap one button at a time. The screen will come on at W at least

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 09:02 PM
    Setttings > Display > Swipe to Wake: Swipe off, makes my Classic operate in the opposite of what you're describing? It stays asleep until I hit the top button.
    04-09-15 05:19 AM
    Setttings > Display > Swipe to Wake: Swipe off, makes my Classic operate in the opposite of what you're describing? It stays asleep until I hit the top button.
    I have that option disabled and yet I can wake my Q10 with "u" and enter.
    I think this feature is built in and there isn't a way to change it.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 06:15 AM
    Yeah w and pressing the trackpad will wake the screen and you can swipe to unlock which can happen in the pocket. Would be nice to be able to turn that off I suppose.

Better than the z10 just rebooting in my pocket if it moved the wrong way.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:35 AM
    Hopefully BlackBerry will give us that option as well as other options in the 10.3.2 update.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:49 AM
    Yeah w and pressing the trackpad will wake the screen and you can swipe to unlock which can happen in the pocket. Would be nice to be able to turn that off I suppose.

Better than the z10 just rebooting in my pocket if it moved the wrong way.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. It doesn't appear there is a way to turn it off. I just want the only button that could wake the phone or the screen to be the lock button.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 05:59 AM
    Settings - Security And Privacy - Lock Screen - Allow power button to lock unlock the screen.

Why do people cry without searching first. The option is there. Enjoy ur BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 06:16 AM
    Settings - Security And Privacy - Lock Screen - Allow power button to lock unlock the screen.

Why do people cry without searching first. The option is there. Enjoy ur BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    People cry because you didnt read or understand the issue before posting a solution.
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    04-10-15 06:22 AM
    No I read. I just added the solution. The swipe to unlock is disabled by another menu. The top button to lock and unlock the phone is in a different menu.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 06:24 AM
    Obvious question, but i have to ask anyway; Have you been locking the device before you put it in your pocket. By which I mean locking, not just turning the screen off.
    04-10-15 06:24 AM
    No I read. I just added the solution. The swipe to unlock is disabled by another menu. The top button to lock and unlock the phone is in a different menu.

Posted via CB10
    Yea. And that solves this " I don't want any other key to unlock or wake my phone from standby when it's in my pocket other than the lock button on top."?
    04-10-15 06:26 AM
    Sorry don't want to be rude but which part don't you understand. By disabling the wipe to unlock and enabling the top button to lock/unlock the phone from the security menu and removing the u+enter from the shortcut menu then what button remains to unlock the phone other than the top lock/unlock button?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 06:28 AM
    And how do you remove the U from shortcut?
    04-10-15 06:36 AM
    Yup, even with my settings, hitting the trackpad, 'u' or 'w' wakes it up, so I can swipe up the lock screen. Actually handy to know.
    04-10-15 07:02 AM
    Not a fix, but the leather sleeve would solve it. That's what I use because I prefer to carry in my front pocket.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 07:15 AM
    Maybe don't put your phone in your *** pocket

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-10-15 07:16 AM
    And how do you remove the U from shortcut?
    Ditto, how do you do this? I have never seen an option for it...
    04-10-15 07:33 AM
    Yeah some shortcuts are non removable it looks like. A sleeve/holster would definitely do it.

Or a pair of jeans with some magnets sewn in..

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 07:50 AM
    Exactly.

Classic case of over-confidence and insulting OP for crying.
    04-10-15 09:06 AM
    Spork. Do you have lift to wake and stay on longer turned on in advanced interactions? I do have mine on and sometimes I notice it will turn on when I pull it from my pocket. I haven't noticed pocket dialing though.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:14 PM
    Funny, so we can wake up the device by pressing W, 0, U+Enter, the trackpad and the power button. Now this is how it feels to have choices

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 05:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dude really? My very first post mentioned that I tried this already. How bad did you fail with your insult?

For everyone else trying to help me, thank you. I do always press the top button to lock before it goes in my pocket. I'm pretty anal about it too. And sorry president underwood but I do need my phone in my pocket

I usually carry my phone raw so cases and holsters don't work for me. Hopefully an update addresses this.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 10:07 PM
59 123