The magnetic one does like 8 amps. Let me check what it's called exactly.

Posted via CB10
    Found one on Amazon $17 40 watts 8 amps
    After having the Classic for 3 weeks BB is slowly convincing me the transition to BB10 isn't so bad.-8ampcharger_.jpg
    Is this what you mean? Will this jump start my dead PB?
    01-06-15 09:27 PM
    I'm with others when it comes to battery life. I'm getting over 24 hrs on average with the same amount of usage I was doing with my Z10. With the Z10 I'd either have to swap or put the phone on a charger within 5-6 hrs.

For instance today I unplugged the phone at 9AM and at this point 1037PM I'm at 45%...and today has been at average amount of usage.

Coming from the Z10 to Classic it's been night and day for me.

Posted via CB10 on the FrankUnderwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-06-15 09:38 PM
    Hey, glad you're liking it so far. I remember how you were pretty hesitant to make the jump...
    01-06-15 11:04 PM
    Found one on Amazon $17 40 watts 8 amps
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8ampcharger_.jpg 
Views:	1394 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	325798
    Is this what you mean? Will this jump start my dead PB?
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B004XBZ...UvbUpU11236043

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-.../5A17A8107.htm

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-07-15 03:50 AM
    Hey, glad you're liking it so far. I remember how you were pretty hesitant to make the jump...
    Yes Slagman the more I use it the better I like it. I would say anyone coming from the OS7 to be patient. I spent a lot of hours setting up and learning on this phone. I'm lucky I don't have a job otherwise I'm might have gotten discouraged. There's a lot to setup and if you fu you spend hours correcting the mistake. I would advise OP to first load Snap and all your apps before screwing with the settings. Most of the time the device tells you what to do. I made the mistake of going through all the setting FIRST so I had problems. There are lots of things the tutorial does not tell you. i.e. How to block unwanted email from the hub.

My 3+ weeks on the phone would equal 6+ weeks for someone working. It would be hard for some people to get the most out of the Classic because it is difficult to set up. i.e. vnBB10 and how BB10 interacts with the social apps. I had to delete the FB app because I could not get it to not modify my contact list.

EDIT: Found the problem settings in contact was set at automatic merge.

RE-EDIT: Snap has made Android apps easy to load. The Android apps are can better than BB10. i.e. Banking

For people on the fence, jump and buy a Classic, but give it some time to get the optimum performance out of it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-08-15 at 07:04 AM.
    01-07-15 03:54 AM
    The magnetic one does like 8 amps. Let me check what it's called exactly.

Posted via CB10
    I have that one but it didn't seem to get the PlayBook charging when it was dead.
    I just checked, the PlayBook magnetic charger is 12v-2.0mA out, the Samsung charger is 5v-2.0mA out.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-08-15 11:38 AM
    I'm think to same thing or maybe a 5amp charger? on Your Playbook did you have to stack charge it
    No I didn't need to stack charge it.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-08-15 11:39 AM
    No I didn't need to stack charge it.

Posted via CB10
    I had that issue with a PlayBook refurb once. Drove me insane. Watched the video on it how the pb was designed poorly in this regard.

Anyway I can't stick by the PlayBook at this point. Loved the software and bridge but it can't hold up with even web browsing. A Kindle fire has a quad core processor for just over 100 bucks. Not worth the headache.

I would love for BlackBerry to try tablets again.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-08-15 04:29 PM
    I had that issue with a PlayBook refurb once. Drove me insane. Watched the video on it how the pb was designed poorly in this regard.

Anyway I can't stick by the PlayBook at this point. Loved the software and bridge but it can't hold up with even web browsing. A Kindle fire has a quad core processor for just over 100 bucks. Not worth the headache.

I would love for BlackBerry to try tablets again.

Posted via CB10
    Funny you mentioned Kindle Fire. Since I bought myself a Classic for Christmas, I felt guilty and bought my wife a Kindle Fire 7HD. She loves it, so I tried it. That is why I drug out the dead PB. You right not worth the time.

She has a Samsung4 and hates it, but won't change. Since the price of Z30s have dropped I'm thinking of getting her one. The only thing holding me back right now is the learning curve for any Blackberry device. You have to "want" to own a BlackBerry to learn to use it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-08-15 at 06:47 PM.
    01-08-15 04:47 PM
    Today I called Amazon and returned the 2600mAh iFlash external battery charger. Took Dave Barque's advice and order a 10000mAh for less than $25.

Amazon is amazing no questions asked. 3rd or 4th item I returned in 2 weeks with no questions asked. Best customer online service anywhere and you don't even have to call them with online chat. No "on hold" or talking to someone you can't understand. That right there means something. I purchased my Classic and the Kindle for with zero interest for 6 months. How can you go wrong?
    Glad OP were discussing pre order problems ordering with shop.blackberry.com and recommending Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 05:01 PM
    Funny you mentioned Kindle Fire. Since I bought myself a Classic for Christmas, I felt guilty and bought my wife a Kindle Fire 7HD. She loves it, so I tried it. That is why I drug out the dead PB. You right not worth the time.

She has a Samsung4 and hates it, but won't change. Since the price of Z30s have dropped I'm thinking of getting her one. The only thing holding me back right now is the learning curve for any Blackberry device. You have to "want" to own a BlackBerry to learn to use it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm very weird when it comes to tablets. I think they excel at one thing only. Casual consumption. The kind you do in front of a couch or on a plane or in bed. Beyond that they are difficult to use. Playing a lot for a tablet and setting it up with all your emails and preferences is a double edged sword for me. You feel good about having it but it sits there unused (and draining battery) for days. It doesn't replace your phone either. So now you have 2 devices for which one will suffice.

I chose a Kindle fire hd because it doesn't try to replace anything. It's a no nonsense os that's tailored for.the only things tablets are great at. Fun, games, and casual consumption. And at 120 bucks, I don't feel guilty if it sits there unused or dead.

I'd love BlackBerry to take a stab at a tablet one day. I think bridge/ blend offers some compelling reasons to use a tablet over phone (at home). I'm also just excited to see bb10 on the big screen again. I'm not excited about stack charging though. So I hope they get that right this time.

And if they don't I'll just replace both my laptop and tablet with a surface pro 3/4.. just hoping they get to a few more size options.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-09-15 05:21 AM
    Thanks for the in put.

Yes it is nice to occupy you time while watching TV, you don't have to type much and are completely bored with what is on.

Good for my wife she likes FB and plays games.

When I down loaded BB10 desktop something happen to corrupt the files. So I didn't use it. I'll spend some time on it Sunday.

I'm still lacking that interface with all my social media's OS7 has like RSS feeds and the way it does multiple sharing. Don't understand why BBM10 took this away.

For the average user BB10 would seem great. For me it's good, but not fantastic. As good as this phone is I still pick up the 9900. Wish it could handle SMS without having to pay for it. It is the perfect size for one handing and you don't have to use any gestures with your other hand.

OP on different platform will start to see BlackBerry pull away from the pack with the further advancement on QNX and how everything will interacts with a mobile device. The PP is in place with 4.5 screen. JC is thinking years ahead.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:14 AM
    Thanks for the in put.

Yes it is nice to occupy you time while watching TV, you don't have to type much and are completely bored with what is on.

Good for my wife she likes FB and plays games.

When I down loaded BB10 desktop something happen to corrupt the files. So I didn't use it. I'll spend some time on it Sunday.

I'm still lacking that interface with all my social media's OS7 has like RSS feeds and the way it does multiple sharing. Don't understand why BBM10 took this away.

For the average user BB10 would seem great. For me it's good, but not fantastic. As good as this phone is I still pick up the 9900. Wish it could handle SMS without having to pay for it. It is the perfect size for one handing and you don't have to use any gestures with your other hand.

OP on different platform will start to see BlackBerry pull away from the pack with the further advancement on QNX and how everything will interacts with a mobile device. The PP is in place with 4.5 screen. JC is thinking years ahead.

Posted via CB10
    Did you try Rss hub or Rss savvy? The ratings seem good and they are native apps.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-09-15 01:15 PM
    Did you try Rss hub or Rss savvy? The ratings seem good and they are native apps.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Dave, I'll try it. Still don't know why they left the RSS feed off when CB has an RSS feed.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:22 PM
    Thanks Dave, I'll try it. Still don't know why they left the RSS feed off when CB has an RSS feed.

Posted via CB10
    not sure what you mean by that. But rss savvy seems like the most recently updated. Never mind.. feedminder is the most recently updated but it's a payed app. From the same dev as rss savyy

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-09-15 01:27 PM
    After having the Classic for 3 weeks BB is slowly convincing me the transition to BB10 isn't so bad.-img_20150109_142951.png
    Seems this could be exactly what you want though.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-09-15 01:30 PM
    If you guys are asking for an rss reader please get Gnewsreader. It's by far my most used and favorite app. The dev is an active participant on these forums and he updates his app constantly. Has every option under the sun in settings.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21200129

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-09-15 09:14 PM
    If you guys are asking for an rss reader please get Gnewsreader. It's by far my most used and favorite app. The dev is an active participant on these forums and he updates his app constantly. Has every option under the sun in settings.

gNewsReader - BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I've purchased it for all 3 of my BB's.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-09-15 09:17 PM

gNewsReader - BlackBerry World
    Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I've purchased it for all 3 of my BB's.
    Will Gnewsreader let you choice what RSS feed you want?

Posted via CB10
    Just uploaded RSS Savvy works ok, but to option to search and follow selective RSS feeds only allow RSS feeds from a list. If not on the list your out of luck
    01-09-15 10:05 PM
    Gnewsreader syncs with rss cloud sites. These sites basically appeared when Google Reader shut down. You can sync with a variety of sites but I assume most of us use feedly. It's free and has an app on most platforms and integrates with other apps.

See below for options.

After having the Classic for 3 weeks BB is slowly convincing me the transition to BB10 isn't so bad.-img_20150109_232245.png

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-09-15 10:24 PM
    Also seems you can add a feed from the app itself. But remember this will add it to feedly, the site it syncs with. If you view your rss online it will automatically tell your app you read it (and vise versa).

After having the Classic for 3 weeks BB is slowly convincing me the transition to BB10 isn't so bad.-img_20150109_232613.png

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:27 PM
    Will Gnewsreader let you choice what RSS feed you want?

Just uploaded RSS Savvy works ok, but to option to search and follow selective RSS feeds only allow RSS feeds from a list. If not on the list your out of luck
    Hmm no you can add a feed before you get into the list page.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-10-15 01:24 AM
    I assume when you say "choose what feed you want" you mean see a specific feed rather than all of them mixed into one list. Yes if course you can. See my screen shot. You can tap all articles, a group like "tech", or just a feed like tmz.

After having the Classic for 3 weeks BB is slowly convincing me the transition to BB10 isn't so bad.-img_20150110_125430.png

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-10-15 11:54 AM

Name:	IMG_20150109_142951.png 
Views:	931 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	326274

Posted via CB10
    Hey Dave
    Been trying different RSS apps the pro version of RSS Savvy is called FeedMinder on BlackBerry world. Seems to have what I need. A version of BBM7. Since it is a native app it does not have the lag the other do when loading through Snap. No tutorial so takes some playing around to figure out how to import feeds.

To find a RSS feed just open the page in Feedminder and it gives the RSS.

Thanks Guys

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:53 AM
    Gnewsreader syncs with rss cloud sites. These sites basically appeared when Google Reader shut down. You can sync with a variety of sites but I assume most of us use feedly. It's free and has an app on most platforms and integrates with other apps.

See below for options.

Name:	IMG_20150109_232245.png 
Views:	995 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	326344

Posted via CB10
    Hello Spork
    Could not get this app to work without shutting down. Looks like a better app than FeedMinder

I will work on it after the Championship game.
    GoDucks!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:57 AM
75 123