I have been having an issue. When I create a new contact, it seems to duplicate itself and the next time I go to my address book there will be two entries. As well, old contacts will duplicate themselves once or twice. Another issue is that contacts go missing from my address book. And finally. Photos that I add to address book entries often go missing from the address card.

Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Enjoying my BlackBerry Every Day!
    01-22-15 07:07 PM
    No you're not doing anything wrong. The contacts app is a mess. I really wish BlackBerry would fix it.
    George_B, Tavro and bakron1 like this.
    01-22-15 07:38 PM
    Thank you for informing me that it's not just me! I've had a few BlackBerry 10 devices, but this is the first time this issue has shown it's ugly head! I too wish that BlackBerry would fix this!

Enjoying my BlackBerry Every Day!
    01-22-15 07:50 PM
    Which OS are you on? Do you link contacts? Do you turn off ones you don't want to see. Do you sync with any email?
    01-22-15 08:31 PM
    The new leak fixes most the sync problems. I spent "days" doing the set up because of the contact list and FaceBook. Load BB10.3.2072 and a lot of the bugs will be solved.

Posted via CB10
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    01-23-15 02:48 AM
    What service are you using for your address book? I honestly can't fathom why people have issues with this. I never have problems with mine and I've loaded and reloaded it onto many phones. Even my photos carry over.
    01-23-15 09:55 AM
    My contacts are cuadruplicated!! I really want someone to tell me how to fix it!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 12:07 AM
    I did have a similar problem, but it was easily rectified.

I had tried Device Switch when I switched to my new BlackBerry and for some reason (I couldn't figure out), the device switch was not completing. I did have the contacts loaded on the phone, but nothing else.

I left it at that and defined the email accounts. My contacts are set to sync with the email accounts.

After that, I noticed the duplicates.

I wiped the phone... and this time around, did not use the device switch. I simply defined the accounts and got a single copy of all the contacts.

I would suggest (if nothing else works), then back up the device. Wipe it. And then restore it, but do not restore the Contacts.
    See if it helps

All the best.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 01-27-15 at 04:45 AM.
    01-27-15 04:30 AM
    I had a problem where the name of my contacts change all the time.
    I'm in 10.2 and I hope there will be a fix in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 04:41 AM
    Upload 10.3 has to do with sync and settings on contacts.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 05:59 AM
    Upload 10.3 has to do with sync and settings on contacts.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not really a leak fan so I will wait. but I tought soo that it would have something to do with the 10.2
    01-27-15 12:50 PM
    It use to be hard to download the OS you use to have to go through 3 dozen steps to do it. Now they have a program that wipes you phone then uploads the software. Depends on how fast your PC is 1-4 hours. Just make sure you back your phone. Just to be safe do one copy the night before then one before you start. That way you have two copies.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 08:18 PM
    It use to be hard to download the OS you use to have to go through 3 dozen steps to do it. Now they have a program that wipes you phone then uploads the software. Depends on how fast your PC is 1-4 hours. Just make sure you back your phone. Just to be safe do one copy the night before then one before you start. That way you have two copies.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    I wont do it. 10.3 is a few days away so Just gonna wait this out

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:34 AM