I lost my Red Passport by leaving it on a train. Having unfortunately not turned on the location tracking feature on BB Protect, I was unable to recover the device.

Though I have a KEYOne for app usage, I don't want to let go of the BB10 OS on a PKB as far as I can continue on.

So... I got myself a used Classic off Amazon for $50, and it shows up tomorrow! Can't wait!

A couple of questions for those of you Passport users who also use Classics:

- Do you find yourself missing the capacitive touch?
    - How does the trackpack usage for scrolling feel compared to the capacitive touch keyboard?
    - How does the pace of typing and clicking on the autocomplete text feel versus swiping up to complete the word?

Thanks, and Cheers (to BB10. All hail!)
    merlin29 likes this.
    05-18-19 06:26 PM
    Bad idea.

 AT&T Passport SQW100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.3.2129 (OS version 10.3.3.3204) on AT&T
    05-18-19 08:09 PM
    Congratulations on your purchase. $50 is definitely a steal. I got a classic for $180 almost 2 years ago. You'll love how it feels in your hands. I'm not sure how deep you are into media consumption but the less you're into that sort of thing, the more you'll enjoy the Classic.

I also have a KeyOne and a iP8+ and while it's faster typing on the iPhone, it's not as accurate. The auto correct isn't the best.

I have large hands so the track pad is Uber small and I love the keyone's scroll ability better than the tiny pad of the classic. ive been toying around with the idea of getting a Passport but something is telling me to keep that $150 and put it towards the Key3 or the passport 2 lol
    05-18-19 10:11 PM
    Congratulations on your purchase. $50 is definitely a steal. I got a classic for $180 almost 2 years ago. You'll love how it feels in your hands. I'm not sure how deep you are into media consumption but the less you're into that sort of thing, the more you'll enjoy the Classic.

I also have a KeyOne and a iP8+ and while it's faster typing on the iPhone, it's not as accurate. The auto correct isn't the best.

I have large hands so the track pad is Uber small and I love the keyone's scroll ability better than the tiny pad of the classic. ive been toying around with the idea of getting a Passport but something is telling me to keep that $150 and put it towards the Key3 or the passport 2 lol
    Spending anything over $50 on a BB10 device while expecting to get long life out of that device is gonna disappoint lol
    05-18-19 10:55 PM
    Clearly, the tragic part of this story is the lost red Passport

I really want to get one to add to my collection but they are hard to come by.
    05-18-19 10:58 PM
    Trackpad is one of the reasons I keep coming back to the classic. works so well with that smaller screen.
    05-19-19 10:25 AM
    Trackpad is one of the reasons I keep coming back to the classic. works so well with that smaller screen.
    I think it would work just fine with a larger screen as well.

I even think Android would be just fine with a trackpad.
    05-19-19 11:24 AM

Most certainly. R.I.P., Red Prince - there is a whole community who mourns your disappearance.

The Classic just showed up and it looks awesome - feels as good as a Passport! Looking forward to setting it up and loading all my stuff on there and playing around with it today.

If anyone here is in need of a $50 Classic (USA), the Amazon deal is still around. The device I got is like a 9/10 cosmetically, perfect screen and small almost-unnoticeable scratch on the chin. Super stoked!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...UvbUpU13392655
    05-19-19 02:02 PM

Says the guy willing to buy no questions asked for cash money only.....
    the_boon likes this.
    05-19-19 02:04 PM
    Most certainly. R.I.P., Red Prince - there is a whole community who mourns your disappearance.

The Classic just showed up and it looks awesome - feels as good as a Passport! Looking forward to setting it up and loading all my stuff on there and playing around with it today.

If anyone here is in need of a $50 Classic (USA), the Amazon deal is still around. The device I got is like a 9/10 cosmetically, perfect screen and small almost-unnoticeable scratch on the chin. Super stoked!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...UvbUpU13392680
    For that price, I would have considered it...

... but for $51, I don't know man
    05-19-19 02:43 PM
    For that price, I would have considered it...

... but for $51, I don't know man
    You're right - that's way too expensive for a silly Classic. Guess they really don't want to make any sales.

So far I'm loving the Classic, though the Passport/KEYOne experience leaves me expecting the toolbelt on the Classic to be capacitive-touch as well, so I keep soft-hitting the back button and realizing I have to actually press it. Awesome user experience overall from my short usage so far.
    05-19-19 05:43 PM
    You're right - that's way too expensive for a silly Classic. Guess they really don't want to make any sales.

So far I'm loving the Classic, though the Passport/KEYOne experience leaves me expecting the toolbelt on the Classic to be capacitive-touch as well, so I keep soft-hitting the back button and realizing I have to actually press it. Awesome user experience overall from my short usage so far.
    I was looking a one earlier on ebay, I would have been the only bidder and could have taken it home for $43 shipped, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    It's such a slow, unusable device
    (I owned 4 of them before)
    05-19-19 05:58 PM
    I was looking a one earlier on ebay, I would have been the only bidder and could have taken it home for $43 shipped, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    It's such a slow, unusable device
    (I owned 4 of them before)
    Y'know, my first impression was "gosh, this is kinda slow... way slower than the Passport!", but I'm already getting used to it. I'm not too heavy on media, with either the music player or YouTube videos being my heaviest media usage.

If I want fast and zippy, the KEYOne does me just fine.
    05-19-19 06:21 PM
    Y'know, my first impression was "gosh, this is kinda slow... way slower than the Passport!", but I'm already getting used to it. I'm not too heavy on media, with either the music player or YouTube videos being my heaviest media usage.

If I want fast and zippy, the KEYOne does me just fine.
    You must really not push your smartphones hard, because some people think of the KEYone as slow and laggy.
    05-19-19 06:22 PM
    I secured 2x brand new AT&T Classics @ $125 each. I have a 3rd one that I managed to lock.

The phone does what I need it for
    I expect some good years out of my $250.

I have wireless charging, which is IMO necessary if the phone has a built-in battery.

Micro USB charging of the KEY2 is embarassingly ancient ridiculous in comparison.
    05-20-19 01:39 PM
    I have wireless charging, which is IMO necessary if the phone has a built-in battery.
    How are they related?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-19 01:42 PM
    I used a Classic for several months and there were a lot of things to like about it.

The trackpad integration with BB10 was a bit disappointing, though. Not nearly as seamless as it was on BBOS, and many apps were obviously not designed with it in mind.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-20-19 03:01 PM
    Micro USB charging of the KEY2 is embarassingly ancient ridiculous in comparison.
    The KEY2 (and KEYone and LE) all use USB-C , not Micro USB.

In my experiences, all three KEY devices can charge from 0% to 100% much faster than the Classic.
    05-20-19 04:29 PM
    The KEY2 (and KEYone and LE) all use USB-C , not Micro USB.

In my experiences, all three KEY devices can charge from 0% to 100% much faster than the Classic.
    Micro-USB, USB-C, or whatever. It's still the same ancient, behind the times cord-charging.
    05-20-19 04:40 PM
    Micro-USB, USB-C, or whatever. It's still the same ancient, behind the times cord-charging.
    Well, wireless charging is slower and heats the phone up more, so it's not free of drawbacks either lol.
    05-20-19 04:42 PM
    Wireless charging may be more convenient, but it's much less efficient and wastes a lot of energy.
    05-20-19 04:51 PM
    Well, wireless charging is slower and heats the phone up more, so it's not free of drawbacks either lol.
    ...until the phone that you are promoting will have one right?

...but until BBMo is finnally able to catch up with times, let's only focus on any theoretical disadvantages that we can come up with.
    05-20-19 04:53 PM
    Wireless charging may be more convenient, but it's much less efficient and wastes a lot of energy.
    Come again? How much wasted energy are you talking about? Do you actually understand what you are talking about?
    05-20-19 04:55 PM
    Come again? How much wasted energy are you talking about? Do you actually understand what you are talking about?
    It's really not difficult to understand. A direct wired connection loses less energy between the outlet and the device than a wireless connection. With wireless charging, you're losing energy with the wired connection between the outlet and the charging pad, then losing yet more between the charging pad and the device.

Also, it's difficult to use a phone while it's charging wirelessly vs a wired connection.
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-20-19 05:24 PM
    Ouch! 😲 Losing that ruby beauty must have been such a painful loss! Great to see that you're enjoying your BlackBerry Classic, though. I personally don't think I could ever go back to using Snapdragon S4 Plus after enjoying the speed of the BlackBerry Passport's Snapdragon 801.
    05-20-19 06:09 PM
40 12