Well done for looking at it from a completely selfish perspective, no wonder you don't understand why BB10 is being largely overlooked. BB leadership are in the same boat as you and then they wonder why they barely sell any devices.
    I think "selfish perspective" is overstating it. He offered his opinion on how it works for him in a way that addressed your question. I'm surprised you didn't at least acknowledge all the things he pointed out.

You mentioned the other phones have "value added" like proprietary cloud and email. I'm trying to figure out how anything that's proprietary is an advantage, let alone those two things that BB10 can do seamlessly without being proprietary. Nothing touches BB in handing email. Nothing. I've switched to Outlook to replace BIS and it's seamless. And for cloud, I've got 4 cloud services I can peek at (plus my own computers at home) with just a touch; no browsers, no special apps, no signing in, it's just there all the time.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you said he's in the same boat as BB leadership. What do you mean?

And why do you think they "wonder" why they barely sell any devices? Perhaps they know, they just haven't figured out the solution yet.. (which is basically to make one million native apps from scratch and then spend 10 billions dollars that they don't have to advertise to the world and educate them on what they don't know).
    03-20-15 09:48 AM
    the damn spinning clock icon that's now gone from our lives, thank-freakin-goodness...
    They just did away with the clock, not the lag. You've actually been ripped off. When you launch an android app, it should be there. Now you're just a poor, underprivileged clockless BB10 user watching a blank screen!
    03-20-15 10:11 AM
    They just did away with the clock, not the lag. You've actually been ripped off. When you launch an android app, it should be there. Now you're just a poor, underprivileged clockless BB10 user watching a blank screen!
    You have to admit, though, that spinning clock would stay there for a long time...and the phone was dead in the water until it went away. At least the "lag" is brief and you can keep doing other things if something like an Android app loading is lagging.
    03-20-15 10:54 AM
    In using a Bold 9930 for a few days and resting my Classic and Z30, I realized for every 1 thing BBOS7 does better than BB10, well, BB10 does 5 things better than BBOS7.

Its the cold, hard TRUTH!

Great keyboard though!

Sent from Tingle the Bold 9930
    03-20-15 11:57 AM
    You have to admit, though, that spinning clock would stay there for a long time...and the phone was dead in the water until it went away. At least the "lag" is brief and you can keep doing other things if something like an Android app loading is lagging.
    It might've been a long time before the clock went away but at least it didn't force close any apps on you making you loose all your progress.

Iphone is no better in that respect.
    03-20-15 12:42 PM
    You act like you're talking to someone who has never used a legacy device. The only Android apps I use are google maps and a banking app, they both launch within a few seconds of a blank screen. With native apps, which is what I use 99% of the time, there is little to no noticeable delay in operations. With my 9900, sometimes I'm left with a spinning clock for OVER A MINUTE, and no, not a figure of speech, meaning I'm sitting there for over 60 seconds waiting for a NATIVE app to do something. So keep laughing, next time bring an actual credible argument though. Then you won't be there laughing to yourself like the village clown laughing at your own jokes. Of course, that's just a suggestion...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-20-15 01:03 PM
    Exactly, it's usually just an app that would lag, not the phone itself, you can always minimize or close an app if it's lagging. With BBOS, the entire system locks up when the spinning clock came up, and you're there looking like a schmuck waiting for something very basic to be performed.

03-20-15 01:04 PM
    It might've been a long time before the clock went away but at least it didn't force close any apps on you making you loose all your progress.

Iphone is no better in that respect.
    No, it didn't force close any apps, but you may have had to force reboot the phone...same difference but even longer recovery time.

Any force closed apps aren't usually ones that I'm making any "progress" with per se, I'm usually just opening them for the first time, or they are just apps that let me view things, not necessarily create things with them. Also, I've had those exact same apps force close on my Moto X running Android, so perhaps the apps themselves are the issue, and not the fact that they are running on a Classic.
    03-20-15 01:31 PM
    With my 9900, sometimes I'm left with a spinning clock for OVER A MINUTE, and no, not a figure of speech, meaning I'm sitting there for over 60 seconds waiting for a NATIVE app to do something.
    About 5 months ago, my 9900 got so bad that I would find it having been in a locked state for hours (the time was frozen) and sometimes I'd miss calls (would get VM alert but the call didn't come it.) I'd be rebooting twice a day. So, I deleted my popup app and linkedin app and went for a day without them. It was back to normal again. Then I re-installed the popup app and it was still good. I think it just was a bit corrupted after nearly 3 years of that popup running on top with limited resources. That little trick got me back in the game long enough to wait for a Classic which is now one week old. I'm still tweaking it but overall liking it.
    03-20-15 01:42 PM
    Slagman5,

With regards to your post comparing OS10 to other OS', while I agree with a lot of what you said, I will say that I just came from Windows Mobile 6.1 (non-touchscreen) and I can tell you several things that WM does BETTER than OS10 that would make all of us more productive and that should be incorporate into BB:

- Smart Dialing - Dial Number From Homescreen - You can simply dial a number from the homescreen and press "Send". That's it. VERY simple. Making a call on the Classic, which is a PHONE, should be that simple.
    - Smart Dialing - Prioritizing Recent Calls/Conversations - When you search on someone's name to call them, you will find the most recent people you communicated with FIRST before it shows the rest of the list in alphabetically-relevant results. 5 minutes ago I went to text someone who I just texted yesterday. I used a shortcut to get to the Texting interface but then I typed in their last name and up came 5-10 OTHER people in the results ahead of them because it was alphabetically-relevant without prioritizing who I recently communicated with. Very annoying and much more productive with WM.
    - Text App - Search results include a person's HOME number instead of just their mobile number, which seems counterintuitive. Furthermore, they list the home number FIRST in many instances so you have to scroll down even further to find a mobile number. WM only lists mobile numbers but allows you to go into a contact, if necessary, to select a non-mobile number (which seems perfectly intuitive).
    - Ending A Call With 1 Key Press - Currently OS10 requires 2 key presses to end a call in some instances. WM only required 1 keypress from ANY screen, regardless of whether you were in the dialing app at the time, which seems to make more sense.

Anyhow, this is just 4 quick examples that come to mind immediately of how WM, albeit a VERY old OS, is MUCH more efficient than OS10. The reason why I am pointing this out is because OS10 clearly has a long way to go until it's very efficient when it comes to the PHONE app and even in some of its other apps/features. I think the Hub is great and I think their e-mailing interface is great but some other parts of design/efficiency need some work and are clearly inferior to WM.
    03-20-15 02:46 PM

- Smart Dialing - Dial Number From Homescreen - You can simply dial a number from the homescreen and press "Send". That's it. VERY simple. Making a call on the Classic, which is a PHONE, should be that simple.
    It IS that simple. You hold a shortcut key and start talking. That's one LESS key that what you just described.

- Smart Dialing - Prioritizing Recent Calls/Conversations - When you search on someone's name to call them, you will find the most recent people you communicated with FIRST before it shows the rest of the list in alphabetically-relevant results. 5 minutes ago I went to text someone who I just texted yesterday. I used a shortcut to get to the Texting interface but then I typed in their last name and up came 5-10 OTHER people in the results ahead of them because it was alphabetically-relevant without prioritizing who I recently communicated with. Very annoying and much more productive with WM.
    But this assumes that you want to talk with someone you recently communicated with. You could just as easily say this gets in the way, as I want to search for Amy, who should have come up first, but Zeek and Zelda popped up first because I happened to talk to them yesterday WTH?. Alphabetical is just that: alphabetical. Otherwise your phone is just guessing who you want to talk to.

- Text App - Search results include a person's HOME number instead of just their mobile number, which seems counterintuitive. Furthermore, they list the home number FIRST in many instances so you have to scroll down even further to find a mobile number. WM only lists mobile numbers but allows you to go into a contact, if necessary, to select a non-mobile number (which seems perfectly intuitive).
    I completely agree on this one. For the life of me I can't figure out why a text app would show a home number..... EXCEPT for the fact that some people might list another mobile number under home. Also, you can text a landline phones.

- Ending A Call With 1 Key Press - Currently OS10 requires 2 key presses to end a call in some instances. WM only required 1 keypress from ANY screen, regardless of whether you were in the dialing app at the time, which seems to make more sense.
    Wait, what? 2 Key presses? I just press the big fat hangup button. But you're right that if you were navigating your phone to another screen during the call, the hang up button is not universal, it would function as the home button. HOWEVER...as a 9900 user I can't tell you how many times I've hung up on someone as I was navigating my phone during a call, and out of habit hit the big fat "go home" button (also known as the End Call button) and realized that it still hangs up on them even if not in the phone app. Sooooo.........to each his own.

Anyhow, this is just 4 quick examples that come to mind immediately of how WM, albeit a VERY old OS, is MUCH more efficient than OS10.
    Mmm.... not really, not after after I pointed out the parts you missed.
    03-20-15 03:03 PM
    I could usually press the BlackBerry button and use other apps. But I rarely ever got the spinning wheel. I think you're right in your other post where you noted the connection to specific apps.

You act like you're talking to someone who has never used a legacy device. The only Android apps I use are google maps and a banking app, they both launch within a few seconds of a blank screen. With native apps, which is what I use 99% of the time, there is little to no noticeable delay in operations. With my 9900, sometimes I'm left with a spinning clock for OVER A MINUTE, and no, not a figure of speech, meaning I'm sitting there for over 60 seconds waiting for a NATIVE app to do something. So keep laughing, next time bring an actual credible argument though. Then you won't be there laughing to yourself like the village clown laughing at your own jokes. Of course, that's just a suggestion...

Take a pill. Make sure it's prescription strength.
    03-20-15 03:41 PM
    "Oh, this new phone isn't 100% exactly like my current phone, so I'll switch to a phone that's 100% different than it instead!"

Hm, yep, makes no sense...

This!

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    03-20-15 03:43 PM
    Sorry but really hate this message hub thing on BB10 . Why is there no upgraded models for Bold 9900? The original concept is just best. Just need to be 4G capable and better batteries.......
    03-20-15 04:51 PM
    It IS that simple. You hold a shortcut key and start talking. That's one LESS key that what you just described.
    Unfortunately what you mentioned above isn't relevant to my previous example, you're using speed dialing as an example when WM has speed dialing as well. What about the other 3000+ contacts I have in my phone that I want to call that aren't on speed dial???? Re-read my issue and you'll see the OS10 requires multiple steps for non-speed dials and is MUCH more complicated than WM.

Also, Yes - 2 key presses to end depending on where you are at the time. This is VERY well documents via other threads and has been submitted to BB.

And yes - it's MUCH more probable that you will speak to someone who spoke with recently than someone you haven't spoken with in months/years. That's why smart dialing incorporated it in WM. For example, if you wife/girlfriend happens to be 10 people down the list when you speak with them ever day then they should be at the top. Again, that's why smart dialing existed on WM. It's not within OS10 and therefore makes dialing more complicated...

Unfortunately my 4 quick examples are still 4 quick examples. Hopefully we'll see improvements in future versions of the OS. I'm all for someone trying to defend e-mail on OS10 but but don't try to defend dialing (or the calendar for that matter) on OS10 right now - you're fighting a losing battle, as my first 4 example were right off the top of my head so I know there are more...
    03-20-15 09:17 PM
    Unfortunately what you mentioned above isn't relevant to my previous example, you're using speed dialing as an example when WM has speed dialing as well. What about the other 3000+ contacts I have in my phone that I want to call that aren't on speed dial???? Re-read my issue and you'll see the OS10 requires multiple steps for non-speed dials and is MUCH more complicated than WM.
    You never mentioned speed dialing or having 3000 contacts that can "dial from the homescreen". You weren't very detailed in your description so I don't really know the details of what method you're referring to. However, the Classic can basically dial anyone "from the home screen" typing their name then selecting them or typing call (their name). What is this methond on the non-touch screen phone you're referring to?

Also, Yes - 2 key presses to end depending on where you are at the time. This is VERY well documents via other threads and has been submitted to BB.
    Soooo.....only one keypress if you're just making a phone call.

And yes - it's MUCH more probable that you will speak to someone who spoke with recently than someone you haven't spoken with in months/years. That's why smart dialing incorporated it in WM. For example, if you wife/girlfriend happens to be 10 people down the list when you speak with them ever day then they should be at the top. Again, that's why smart dialing existed on WM. It's not within OS10 and therefore makes dialing more complicated...
    How is it "much more probable" that I will talk to my doctor because I happen to talk to him earlier in the day? Perhaps I talk to him once every six months. Everyone's habits are completely different. If you speak to someone often (your girlfriend, your wife, your girlfriend and your wife) why would you use this Rolodex search method to call them each time? Just put them on speed dial. And, if you want to talk to someone you just talked to earlier.......press the phone button. The call is the first on the list. This function has existed in phones for over a decade going back to basic flip phones.

I'm all for someone trying to defend e-mail on OS10 but but don't try to defend dialing (or the calendar for that matter) on OS10 right now - you're fighting a losing battle, as my first 4 example were right off the top of my head so I know there are more...
    Your first examples, right off the top of your head or otherwise, were debunked, (with the texting exception) so I'm not sure how it's a losing battle. I never said anything about calendar.
    03-21-15 08:47 AM
    I agree with the OP, but the OS has to be refined for the Classic. My solution would be to give every BlackBerry QNX engineer a Bold 9900 to use exclusively for a month. Forget the apps and browser. Concentrate on Toolbelt functionality, speed of moving through OS, and Communication related tasks. Then they will understand HOW the toolbelt should be optimized.

There have been some pretty well put together reviews here of people going to BBOS for 30 days after Z30 etc. They hack it out pretty well. The 9900 is a better communicator. BB10 has more potential and is more future proof. Just have to spend manpower refining the OS. It just takes time. It didn't deter me from BB10 as your skills grow with the OS. That's the biggest pain BBOS holdouts suffer. They had nearly a decade of muscle memory baked into the 9900 experience. That's a lot to overcome.

I agree with the Windows analogy. 10.3.1 is similar to Windows 9. A in-between place.

 Q10 
    DeliFresser likes this.
    03-22-15 02:54 AM
    As a very long-time and die hard physical keyboard user (my most recent phone was the Motorola Q9c - since 2008 - until I just bought my Classic days ago), I am starting this thread to plead to 9900 users to think twice before they go back to their 9900s - regardless of whether their 9900s are more efficient (which they are), as the fate of BB and future physical keyboard phone rests in your hands and I, for one, want to be able to user a physical keyboard in the future!!

The way I see it, if the Classic doesn't appeal to enough 9900 users then BB won't be making hardware for much longer. If anyone here thinks BB is selling enough all-touchscreen phones to consumers (ie. non-business users) then they are simply wrong when you look at their current market share. I, for one, want to see BB continue on as a hardware manufacturer, as I just bought the Classic because it's the ONLY keyboard phone out there that has physical buttons. And I don't want to lose that hardware option in the future, as I REALLY don't want a touchscreen keyboard!

I can ABSOLUTELY see how a 9900 user would try the Classic and give up after a few days. BUT HERE'S THE PROBLEM WITH ALL OF THE 9900 USERS GOING BACK TO THE CLASSIC: You will all be more efficient in the short-term but you'll lose the only physical keyboard hardware manufacturer in the long-term and we'll all be SCREWED (I am serious)!!!!

For those 9900 users who can't deal with the inefficiencies of the Classic (and there really are many), the only solution I can think of after several days of Classic use is to setup as many options/shortcuts as you can to make the phone as productive as possible. I'm actually in the midst of reading the 200 page manual and it has already increased my efficiency via minor options/tweaks that I didn't realize was available. If there's one thing about BB10 that is impressive it's the customization. It takes a LOT of work to customize everything but it's definitely increasing my efficiency daily. Is it as efficient as my Motorola Q9c or your 9900? NO. But I have done what 9900 users NEED to do for the future of BB and the physical keyboard - I decided that I was going to stick with the Classic regardless of its efficiencies and inefficiencies. In my case it's because I can no longer buy a fresh battery for my Motorola Q9c, as my phone is too old, and eventually that will be the case with the 9900 as well. But in the case of 9900 users it NEEDS to be because they want to save the physical keyboard phone.

So for those 9900 users who try the classic and go back to their 9900s - please think about this carefully before you run back to your 9900s! The fate of BB's next phones rests in your hands!
    Out of curiosity, do you have ONE single FACT to actually share in this thread? I mean this with all due respect. The fate of BlackBerry hardware relies on how all of BlackBerry does. Is 9900/9930 conversion a piece, sure. But the statement that Classic users that go back to Bolds will kill off Physical Keyboard BlackBerries just isn't a FACT. It's an opinion. Of the most recent devices the Passport and Classic both have PKB's. Of the next 2 to hit, there will be one virtual and one physical. So that's 3 of 4 being physical. Additionally, your commentary of the time it took to make the Classic be based on build difficulty, again is an unproven opinion. You could easily argue that the Classic took as long as it did to come out because of how long it took BlackBerry to finally decide to actually make the device at all. Once they decided to build it, do we really know if it took the engineers any longer to build than a Z10 or Q10?

So to me, IMHO...yes 9900 conversion is important! But so is Z10 upgrades to Z30's and Q10 upgrades to Classics and all comers to the Passport. BlackBerry hardware lifespan is dependent on so much! Don't forget that you'd rather have a 9900 user on BlackBerry Enterprise Server and get paid through software to fund hardware then have 9900 users jump to iPhone and use MobileIron or Good as their MDM.

The fate of BlackBerry's next phones relies on how BlackBerry does as a whole. The statement you presented in my opinion simply doesn't do the true FATE of BlackBerry justice. To think one singular move will make or break everything is naive at best.

***I respect your opinion and that of others in all threads as that is why we are here. But let's be careful that when speculating we don't present our opinions as if they were facts or we are speaking gospel. In this case, I too agree lack of adoption hits below the belt, just don't see it as a deal breaker for future physical keyboard phones or BlackBerry hardware.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Passport from Philadelphia
    03-22-15 03:44 AM
    Hmm, let me check... nope, no BBRY on this year's charity list. Sorry. I bought my Classic, with personal money, in desperate effort to upgrade from an ancient 9900. It spends more time on the desk than in hand. The 9900 is still the go-to device in my office for too many reasons. The Classic's fixed battery being primary handicap for us.

That said, this IS a Classic forum and i've resisted comment here mostly out of respect for the folks who truly love their Classics, fixed battery and all. If the Classic works best for you, buy it. If the 9900 works best buy IT (bb makes money either way, last i heard). If the iPhone works best for you, buy THAT. It isn't our job to LIKE what ever BB puts on the market. It's BB's job to ENTICE us to like it. But until they figure out how to entice iDroiders, they'll be relegated to single digit market share, imo. That doesn't mean making a better iPhone. It means marketing unique attributes BB is historically best at in a way to appeal to iDroid's monster size market share. PKB & TB being obvious no-brainers. But TOO many times i swap batteries in my 9900 in front of iOSers and they inevitably comment they WISH they had that feature. Where's BB's marketing sense??

A better name for this thread should, imo, read:

"iOS Users - If You Try The Classic and Go Back Then BB Won't Be Around For Much Longer!!"

Think about it.
    Last edited by idssteve; 03-22-15 at 07:56 AM.
    andy957 likes this.
    03-22-15 07:43 AM
    You never mentioned speed dialing or having 3000 contacts that can "dial from the homescreen". You weren't very detailed in your description so I don't really know the details of what method you're referring to. However, the Classic can basically dial anyone "from the home screen" typing their name then selecting them or typing call (their name). What is this methond on the non-touch screen phone you're referring to?

Soooo.....only one keypress if you're just making a phone call.

How is it "much more probable" that I will talk to my doctor because I happen to talk to him earlier in the day? Perhaps I talk to him once every six months. Everyone's habits are completely different. If you speak to someone often (your girlfriend, your wife, your girlfriend and your wife) why would you use this Rolodex search method to call them each time? Just put them on speed dial. And, if you want to talk to someone you just talked to earlier.......press the phone button. The call is the first on the list. This function has existed in phones for over a decade going back to basic flip phones.

Your first examples, right off the top of your head or otherwise, were debunked, (with the texting exception) so I'm not sure how it's a losing battle. I never said anything about calendar.
    You are CORRECT - I just tried dialing a number from the home screen and pressing Send and it worked. I honestly got SO confused by the Assistant interface, as the number appears directly below what I am typing on the assistant so I assumed you then had to scroll down and select it on the Assistant to dial it. While you are correct here, the design just sucks and is confusing (I shouldn't have had to learn this from you - it should ave been completely intuitive and it isn't).

Clearly you're not calling that many people for business if you think this is irrelevant. Say I call someone to discuss a deal, hang up, and then call them the next day to further discuss it. Doesn't it make sense that recent calls matching a beginning of phone number or name should match FIRST prior to the regular matching list? That was the beauty of smart dialing on WM. I can give you MANY examples of how this is applicable (this is just 1 quick one) that makes using this phone less efficient MULTIPLE times each day for heavy phone users like me...

To be clear, so far the only example you debunked was the dialing on the home screen. EVERYTHING else still applies. And your speed dialing suggestion is honestly ludicrous for heavy business users (no offense but it's true). I can make 25+ calls a day, every day, and you think the solution is for me to add everyone to speed dial that I might call again in the future. I don't think so...

Your responses seem to suggest that you're not a heavy user, as it's heavy users that very quickly experience how inefficient OS10 can be at times. I'm not saying it's not good in some ways but you're making it sound like it literally has no flaws, which is ridiculous and completely untrue (otherwise not one 9900 user would switch back when most are and I wouldn't have started this thread!). And understand that I'm not anti-Classic - I use one every day to help support BB!!! I'm just saying that this OS is very far from perfect - so far from perfect that most 9900 users are flocking back to the 9900 (per this thread and many other threads).
    03-22-15 01:44 PM
    You are CORRECT - I just tried dialing a number from the home screen and pressing Send and it worked. I honestly got SO confused by the Assistant interface, as the number appears directly below what I am typing on the assistant so I assumed you then had to scroll down and select it on the Assistant to dial it. While you are correct here, the design just sucks and is confusing (I shouldn't have had to learn this from you - it should ave been completely intuitive and it isn't).
    And yet I figured it out....so....perhaps "intuitive" is a subjective term. Either way, who cares how you learned how to operate your phone....it does what you want.

Clearly you're not calling that many people for business if you think this is irrelevant. Say I call someone to discuss a deal, hang up, and then call them the next day to further discuss it. Doesn't it make sense that recent calls matching a beginning of phone number or name should match FIRST prior to the regular matching list?
    NO! It doesn't. It makes sense that if I search for Aaron, I don't FIRST see Antwan.

If you want to call someone you called yesterday, either press the phone button to see recent calls....or just call them back the same way you called them to begin with....by searching their name. How many more milliseconds does it take to type their full name so that they are the only one on the list?

And what makes you so sure I'm not calling "that many people" for business just because I'm not doing it like you are?

That was the beauty of smart dialing on WM. I can give you MANY examples of how this is applicable (this is just 1 quick one) that makes using this phone less efficient MULTIPLE times each day for heavy phone users like me...
    You still haven't described this smart dialing yet.

To be clear, so far the only example you debunked was the dialing on the home screen. EVERYTHING else still applies. And your speed dialing suggestion is honestly ludicrous for heavy business users (no offense but it's true). I can make 25+ calls a day, every day, and you think the solution is for me to add everyone to speed dial that I might call again in the future. I don't think so...
    Mmmm....nope.

Cant' quick dial from home screen: debunked.

Can't hang up with one button press: debunked.

Can't call recent calls with one button: debunked

If you are calling EACH of those 25 people each day, then you certainly have the option to add each as a speed dial if you want. OR...you can just type a few letters of their name and then dial them. How hard IS that?

Your responses seem to suggest that you're not a heavy user, as it's heavy users that very quickly experience how inefficient OS10 can be at times.
    Your responses seem to indicate that you have no idea about the usage of the people you're talking to or what "heavy user" is. They seem to indicate that everyone uses the same methodology for using a phone that you do. Yes, OS10 certainly can have some inefficiencies, but the Classic, and it's buttons, make it much more efficient. The only thing you've made any claim that is ineffiecient is that when you search from someone alphabetically....that it doesn't IGNORE your alphabetical request and instead GUESS that you might what to actually call someone that you recently talked to INSTEAD. My life isn't' like that.

I'm not saying it's not good in some ways but you're making it sound like it literally has no flaws, which is ridiculous and completely untrue (otherwise not one 9900 user would switch back when most are and I wouldn't have started this thread!).
    When did I ever say anything like this? I simply responded to your claims point by point. You're now creeping more and more into exaggeration land.

And what data do you have to support that *most* 9900 users are switching back after using a Classic?. You keep making things up.

And understand that I'm not anti-Classic - I use one every day to help support BB!!! I'm just saying that this OS is very far from perfect - so far from perfect that most 9900 users are flocking back to the 9900 (per this thread and many other threads).
    No one said it was perfect. You're arguing against a point no one made. But, again....you have ZERO evidence that "most 9900 users are flocking back to the 9900" other than the few you've read on the internet. Sorry, but as a business person, I use more scientific data to base my decisions and claims on. Perhaps you do business differently that I do.
    03-22-15 02:36 PM
    This thread is still alive? lol

FWIW I charged up my Z30 to try the latest leak and think I'll flop back to it again for a month, just for giggles.

I'm going to concede on a few things that I said earlier:

1) It DOES suck to have a bunch of flat black slates around you giving you judging eyes. I want to say I don't care, but I kinda do. I can preach how my Bold does everything I need perfectly, but maybe there's other things I want to do after all... like browse a non-**** Reddit page.

2) The massive BBM lag I was experiencing on the Z30 a few OTA's back seems to be resolved. My BBM use to lag by about 2 hours on messages in my groups.

3) Notifications seem to not be broken anymore. Still not as efficient as the pulldown from the Bold, but mostly the same off the lockscreen. I can live with that.

4) Okay... so playing an Android game when you're bored or in transit isn't something I should scoff at after all.

A few points I WON'T conceded on:

1) The calendar is STILL ****. Period.

2) I've no real way to speed dial on my Z30, though I know on the Classic I could. Alas I'm bringing up a Z30 point in a thread about the Classic. Hold your flamethrowers, please :P

3) The single battery performance may be better, but at no point was I ever hurting for power on my Bold. Removable batteries ftw. Love them or hate them, it works and boot times aren't bad at all.
    03-22-15 05:46 PM
    @ dmsbang

I have to disagree. I just switched to the Classic from 9900 and the calendar app is crap: it is slow, buggy, and not able to take rapid fire entries like on the Os 7 calendar. It's unfortunate we can't get the old OS 7 calendar app on BB10. What are BlackBerry thinking?

Besides this, everything else is pretty awesome on the Classic. But still, for many calendar is important, if not essential. I'm not super impressed with universal search and the phone function.

Posted via CB10
    10.2.1 calendar is good. They broke it with 10.3

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 09:02 PM
    Redlightblinking,

I'm done arguing. You're not understanding half of the points that I am making (those most recent "debunks" are wrong because you don't understand my points - for example, I NEVER alluded to speed dialing from the home screen - it was SMART dialing - and the 1 key press to hang up is solved in your mind - but not in reality - search the other threads on this BUG!!). I just don't have time to continue the back and forth. All I have to say is that I hope you don't work for BB because I and MANY others on the boards DO care about issues that take additional milliseconds. BB has always been about saving milliseconds (and more) and, in many ways, OS10 is much less efficient than OS7 and that is why 9900 users are flocking back to it. If you're not convinced that 9900 users are flocking back to their phones then you haven't read nearly enough threads from 9900 users... And this thread wouldn't have 220+ posts if most 9900 users were happy with the Classic - that's just logic.

Anyhow, I'm done going back and forth - too busy with work...
    03-22-15 11:26 PM
    What is the problem with 10.3 calendar? Yes, I understand it's different...change is always difficult to adjust to. That said, it still offers all of the same options as any BBOS calendar. The change is in appearance, but utilization isn't anymore difficult. Yes, I agree that prior calendar versions were better, but if the calendar in 10.3.1 is a deal breaker or cause for such childlike whining, get over it. So it's not AS good, but the 9900 is a joke in countless ways that nobody has time to list.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-22-15 11:52 PM
286 ... 7891011 ...