04-07-15 09:47 AM
286 ... 101112
tools
    Well I switched from the 9900 to a Z10 more than 1 and a half year ago. I have been very happy since & I'm not looking back. The features that helped me switch are ;

1. The keyboard - I love the swipe, it's so much faster & more efficient that now I prefer to type on my Z10 than my computer. Though I have to admit that it took me 2 weeks to get used to the new keyboard. I almost exclusively type all emails via my Z10. I wish that I could say the same for my word documents, excel & PowerPoint as Documents to go is not as good as the computer. I wish that my computer has the same keyboard too. For your information I still cannot get used for the keyboard on my iPad after about 1 year.

2. The Camera - is much better than the 9900 it also have time shift, I can also take HD photos on my Z10, while recording a video I'm also able to take pictures simultaneously. All these cannot be achieved on a 9900

3. Connecting to my computer wirelessly - I'm able to connect my phone to my computer wirelessly even through the Internet to access files & folders, and for the fun of it stream videos songs too. However I have to keep my computer on at home. This is very convenient for me as I somehow merge up with my clients on an impromptu basis.

4. BlackBerry Maps - since my switch, I don't have to rely on Google maps on my 9900 anymore & it has a turn by turn voice navigation which my 9900 doesn't have.

5. Print to go - is really great as I often send documents to my clients which I would have prepared in word, excel or PowerPoint. This app let's me just print the documents to my phone & immediately send them via email to my clients.

6. BlackBerry 10 Calendar - this calendar automatically finds documents & emails that might be related to the particular appointment & provides me so access to them in the calendar application.

7. Android apps - belief it or not I need to use some android apps as my company only develop apps for iOS & Anchovies to help us get our work done & access clients information from outside the office. The 9900 is not able to do that.

8. I have more options to getting apps that I need help use to get things done like Evernote, black board & banking apps which is not available on the 9900

9. No more sticky keys - this problem is very familiar with the 9900, it was not present in my Curve nor my many Treo's

10. No more hour glass or frequently deleting pictures & music so that I can use my phone. The 9900 built in memory is just too small to do anything.

11. Selfie & wefie - now I can do Selfies & wefies together with my friends with ease. No need to guess if we are in the picture or not. The 9900 doesn't have a front camera.

12. BBM - it can do video calls & screen sharing which the 9900 just cannot do.

Now we have Blend.

I really couldn't imagine going back to the 9900. Mind you I did try about 6 months ago coz my mom's phone was broken so as a temporary measure I had to pass her my 9900 so I was totally lost when I was trying to show her how to use the phone. Now she use another Z10.

Hope these reasons can persuade some of you. I would say that there is no perfect phone not even the latest iPhone 6 nor the latest Android phone. Perhaps you can weigh the trade offs & the additional benefits to see if it is worthy for you to switch then decide. I did & I'm a lot happier & more efficient now as compared to the 9900 days.

Posted via CB10
    That's one of the more comprehensive lists i've seen. I must disagree with #4, tho. I use BB Maps, with turn by turn, on my 9900 daily and have always been adequately satisfied with it. JFYI.
    03-26-15 09:25 PM
    There are several threads with the same complaint. This is because BlackBerry named it a Classic instead of another name. People with a 9900/9930 have little to no idea what BB10 is like. Most of them expect the same hub as the OS7.

I don't like it but I have accepted the few extra steps. You have to admit not everybody reads instructions. So coming from a 99 it is going to take awhile to get use to the phone. It took me 2-3 weeks before I liked it.

Take more than a few days to love or hate your phone. With the new BB10.3 it is getting closer to being a Classic.

I was going to use the 9900 for texting, but now I'm about 85-90% to speed with this phone it is not worth the trouble.

If you need assistance PM me I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Dean

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 02:05 AM
    There are several threads with the same complaint. This is because BlackBerry named it a Classic instead of another name. People with a 9900/9930 have little to no idea what BB10 is like. Most of them expect the same hub as the OS7.

I don't like it but I have accepted the few extra steps. You have to admit not everybody reads instructions. So coming from a 99 it is going to take awhile to get use to the phone. It took me 2-3 weeks before I liked it.

Take more than a few days to love or hate your phone. With the new BB10.3 it is getting closer to being a Classic.

I was going to use the 9900 for texting, but now I'm about 85-90% to speed with this phone it is not worth the trouble.

If you need assistance PM me I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Dean

Posted via CB10
    I believe that it's a misconception that most of the 9900 users who have posted here are unfamiliar with BB10. It seems like (although impressions can be misleading) most of the 9900 users who have commented here own at least one BB10 device. Some apparently own or have owned several.

I'm just holding onto my Q10 for that inevitable day when 3g is phased out and 4g is the minimum. I don't think I could be happy without a physical keyboard. Until then, it will sit in the drawer. It simply doesn't serve my needs as well as the 9900.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2
    03-27-15 02:17 AM
    It's been a few days...

*chirp chirp chirp*

Is it... is it dead, Jim?
    04-03-15 08:16 PM
    I'm the OP and I think it is dead. Definitely a great thread / conversation with a lot of perspectives. I appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts on this. All I can say is that I hope the Classic sells well!!!
    04-05-15 02:08 AM
    I'm the OP and I think it is dead. Definitely a great thread / conversation with a lot of perspectives. I appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts on this. All I can say is that I hope the Classic sells well!!!
    I hope that the Classic sells well too

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 05:59 AM
    Last summer when the price dropped on the Z10. I bought one for my 12 year old grandson on put him on my ATT plan. I used it for a week and did not like BB10 at all I hated the way the gesture phone worked and how EVERYTHING took more steps to do the same tasks as the 99.

Herein I heavily voice how I thought BB10.1 was crap. Of course the BB10 owners defended BB10. Now BB10.3 and the Classic is acceptable to where even I accept. It is NOT as good as OS7 for writing, it exceeds in everything else. I can compose a written document in 85-90% as fast as the 9900. Maybe by BB10.4 it gets there.

I know everybody wanted BlackBerry to spend more money on R & D so that there would be more new phones, but I'm glad they spent it on improving the crapy OS.

To all newcomers give the phone 28 days before you return it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:40 AM
    There's no denying that BlackBerry has done very positive work towards the vision of what they wanted BB10 to be -- their answer to modern OS's. Sadly that vision was realized at the cost of core strengths.

I'm impressed with 10.3.1 and 10.3.2. No denying they're great software releases (or beta in one case) and have persuaded me to think about investing in an AT&T Passport.

Admittedly, I'm also very very happy that BlackBerry is releasing core BB10 features on alternate platforms. I personally am a little turned on but an iPhone 6+ or a Note 4 that is capable of Hub and BBM integration, with Meetings and Protected tied in as available features. That appeals to me and is a good step in the right direction as well. Gives consumers latitude to mix and match favored hardware with favored software.

Posted via CB on my Z30 -5
    04-05-15 09:32 PM
    @johncrist

Yes,..........
    I wouldn't hold my breath that other people accept BBM.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:39 PM
    @johncrist

Yes,..........
    I wouldn't hold my breath that other people accept BBM.

Posted via CB10
    I'm slowly converting all of the Arizona Department of Transportation personnel to BBM users Shockingly, Glymps is the biggest selling point when I'm talking to people. Groups is the close second biggest selling point. I've been running an ADOT channel for a while to push MVD news to my coworkers who accept BBM as their fuzzy lord and savior.

Posted via CB on my Z30 -5
    04-05-15 11:39 PM
    Still getting the Bold 9900. sorry
    John Crist and Carrtman like this.
    04-07-15 09:47 AM
286 ... 101112