I must agree!

If you're a BlackBerry fan, then give the new Classic or Passport a chance! UPGRADE and STICK WITH IT! after a few days you will be hooked and can most definitely do everything plus more compared to your old 9900's
    Actually you can't do with it everything that the 9900 did, that's the whole point.

Gone is the BB Protect backup/restore, data compression, auto on/off, Social Feeds, auto BCC, email filters, email read/received receipts, BB email, firewall to name a few

So don't lie and tell people a Classic can do everything a 9900 can.
    03-25-15 06:50 AM
    I must agree!

If you're a BlackBerry fan, then give the new Classic or Passport a chance! UPGRADE and STICK WITH IT! after a few days you will be hooked and can most definitely do everything plus more compared to your old 9900's
    Wish I had a nickel for every time we were told the Z10 and then Q10 were better than our 99s if we'd just give it time. For TOO many of us, that simply didn't prove true. Hence current skepticism. The Classic is the FIRST BB10 device that truly provides legitimate upgrade from our aging 9900s. Not perfect but niether was the 99. BBOS went thru its share of growing pains also. BB finally stabilized it. BB10 is maturing in front of our eyes. I'm just thrilled to have a toolbelt device without RAM worries.

Our Classics are the best pkb devices in current production!
    03-25-15 07:14 AM
    I must agree!

I.... we.... what?! Did you even read the thread at all?

Perhaps I should remember that name, BlackBerryCodeSource.com *adds it to the work firewall*
    03-25-15 09:16 AM
    I must agree!

I've had a Z10 and a Q10. They've seen a lot of use, and I think I know BB10 as well as any typical user should have to know it.

The ease of use and presentation of information on the 9900 is not matched by the new OS. OS 7 is so much more convenient in particular ways that matter to me that I am willing to put up with a poor browsing experience to use it.
    03-25-15 09:28 AM
    First : I cant even give this chance since Classic doesnt have a basic and key function (for OS7) : insert or remove lines on spreadsheets. And im really surprised this lack doesnt bother other users. I thought everybody were using and editing spreadsheets on daily basis on their phones like me, but im certainly wrong , otherwise it would be unacceptable for everyone to live with this lack. Regarding productive use and business perfomance i really cant understand how the tradicional blackberry user can work without the need for editing spreadsheets . Second : I cant understand why a business phone doesnt have a decent task manager that can link to your calendar, sync to outlook tasks, etc . That rememeber app is a joke (for amateurs) and 3rd part apps doesnt integrate well with BB system (calendar, hub, etc) and sync only to themselves on the web.
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 03-25-15 at 10:32 AM.
    03-25-15 09:53 AM
    Everyone has different usage scenarios. I edit spreadsheets on a less than often basis with my phone, but that doesn't mean I never do. If I ran into this issue I'd be a little less than happy.

Posted via CB on my Z30 -5
    03-25-15 03:03 PM
    Will there ever be a cost effective one available? Looks like a nice design
    03-25-15 05:33 PM
    Right - so your logic is to switch over the iOS or Android, which BB10 is very similar to in terms of being a modern OS.

Just acknowledge you're too stubborn to learn and appreciate how much MORE functionality and productive bb10 actually is over bbos.

It's more complex? The calendar app is crap?

Ok - let's ask someone who's been using iOS for their whole lives because they're too young to remember BlackBerry and see what they say when we give them a bbos phone. They'll probably say it's garbage, complicated, etc

I've seen it over and over again, whenever people switch from iOS to Android or vice versa, they always think whatever they're used to was the better way to do things - pretty clear case to me.

Don't worry, BlackBerry will probably keep supporting BIS until the day they close down so keep enjoying your old Bold's.

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    Nailed it! :-P

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 06:32 PM
    I've been waiting for the Classic for a long time and finally got one the day it came out. Ten days later - and about 30 hours of help from various sources - I returned it and went back to my Bold 9930. There are wonderful features on it and the keyboard is truly spectacular, but besides being unnecessarily complicated for so many things (like choosing and changing ring tones, in comparison with the ease of Bold) where oh where are the following features which I have grown to consider necessary:
    1. Having the alarm turn the phone back on in the morning when it's been off for the night (wonderful for travel!)
    2. Phone can be set to vibrate a certain number of times before it rings (invaluable when in company!)
    3. Ability to block e-mails from everyone except your contacts + a list of exceptions which you can create (keeps junk off the phone!)
    4. Ability to create separate tones for different e-mail accounts and SMS services (useful in many ways)

I've learned that most other phones don't have these features either, but the Bold 9930 does and it has spoiled me. I find BB10 confusing because I've had so little experience with it, but until these features are restored to the Classic, I'll hold on to my Bold. I've never had any smartphone except for BlackBerry and I'm as loyal as they come, but I'm very disappointed that the Classic doesn't seem anywhere near as fully developed as the Bold. If and when it is, though, believe me, I'll come running back.
    03-25-15 07:16 PM
    Two kinds of people post in this thread. The type ones know what's best for themselves. The type twos know what's best for everyone else.

You know which type you are.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-25-15 08:28 PM
    Z30 > Classic > Q10 > Z10 > Bold 9930

My rankings of the BlackBerry phones I've owned since 2012. I still own all but the Q10 and Z10. And I do love my Bold, but it is dated...case/thread closed!

Posted via Ocarina the Classic
    03-25-15 08:32 PM
    ^This. Seriously, BlackBerry got my money when I bought my Z10, Z30, Q10, and Classic. They still get my money from my BIS subscription and the BES upgrade I'm doing in a few weeks to manage my BB10 devices. Besides that, they're STILL getting the money from BIS, and despite the nay sayers, BIS is NOT going away anytime soon. There's far too much using it, and there's absolutely no quotable emperical evidence to support that there isn't, CERTAINLY none that anyone else in this thread has provided despite being 'experts'.

To the OP, I'm not misunderstanding you. We ALL want BlackBerry to keep producing devices. It's unfortunate that BlackBerry, despite producing excellent devices, keeps throwing writing on the wall indicating they're moving away from hardware regardless. Look at the release of a lot of the BB10 features we enjoy on multiple platforms. Again, despite the 'experts' who likely never spent the money to try it out on other devices, it's quite an amazing suite being delivered to Android and iPhone. In terms of Touch Screen devices, the notion of an LG G3 or Nexus device running with the BlackBerry suite isn't all that unappealing considering the gains that you'd have in compatibility with Android apps.

The truth is, the Classic isn't it for me, but that doesn't mean that NO BlackBerry 10 device is for me. I DO keep my Z30 around for a reason, and you BETTER BELIEVE I'll be picking up the Slider when it releases. I've been all around work since the announcement of the Leap talking it up to people looking to replace their iPhones and whatnot and I've been largely successful based strictly on price point and price point alone.

Just because I personally choose to use a 9930 doesn't mean that I don't support BlackBerry, and there's a ton of legacy users who own devices in both camps. Everyone in my office that carries a Bold like me ALSO has at least a Z30 or Q10, some even have the Classic sitting in a box somewhere.

What blows my mind and causes a fallout in faith of the community is when I see the iSheep come out and start stomping on the legacy users without any idea of what they're talking about or having never owned an OS7 device.

There was a time when you'd hear about the CrackBerry Nation and it represented a unified front of enthusiasts rallying for a brand they believed in. Not so much anymore. That, in and of itself, is the biggest disappointment of BlackBerry 10 to date.
    Well actually I got the information that BIS will soon be shut down from either one of two persons I communicated with in BlackBerry. It's either Jeff Gadaway or Alec Saunders before he left the company.

This was about a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 10:11 PM
    Well actually I got the information that BIS will soon be shut down from either one of two persons I communicated with in BlackBerry. It's either Jeff Gadaway or Alec Saunders before he left the company.

Posted via CB10
    I believe you, but a year ago was before they re-issued the 9900. They're kind of on the hook to maintain BIS for some time (I would think a few years) now.
    03-25-15 10:17 PM
    The Classic is a hack job built to appease the large installed base of legacy BBOS users. Unfortunately, BlackBerry didn't think to maintain some level of OS consistency between OS7 and BB10 which has resulted in a serious loss in functionality, efficiency and ease of use. Simply bolting on a flimsy toolbelt and adding bulk has done nothing to help ease the migration to the BB10 platform for legacy users. In other words they are screwed by a company that is too busy wasting money building awkward smartphones when they should be focused on opening a channel into the prosumer market which is crying out for a secure and stable mobile platform. BlackBerry has a solid mobile platform but nobody knows about it - it's all iOS and Android to the masses, two choices that are both inefficient, insecure and unstable.

BlackBerry senior executives are STILL living in a time warp thinking it's 2004 all over again and their name is synonymous with business - it's not, and in time BlackBerry will be a non-entity in the mobile market if they don't wake up and realize they are no longer a key player in enterprise no matter how technically brilliant their products might be. Excellence does not translate into installed base - awareness does.
    03-26-15 01:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wrong, carriers continue to sell 2 year BIS plans, it will not be turned off any time soon.

Especially because the revenue it constantly brings even from people using 10 year old BlackBerry devices.
    03-26-15 03:38 AM
    This is the problem with owning a blackberry. Is the problem that BlackBerry is just shoving there s**t through our mouths.

It's just a matter of time when fans are fed up with it and leave. Is it really that I have to change my way of doing things because blackberry is incompetence in making changes.

For me it's simple. I give them a deadline to the end of 2015. If blackberry still is doing like this, it's over for me. If I need to change for BlackBerry I will change completely.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by assk; 03-26-15 at 05:57 AM.
    03-26-15 04:40 AM
    Going from a BlackBerry Legacy device to an iPhone, Android, or even Windows Phone heavily contradicts not wanting to go to BB10. Seriously, end this thread please. Thank you.

03-26-15 06:21 AM
    First : I cant even give this chance since Classic doesnt have a basic and key function (for OS7) : insert or remove lines on spreadsheets. And im really surprised this lack doesnt bother other users. I thought everybody were using and editing spreadsheets on daily basis on their phones like me, but im certainly wrong , otherwise it would be unacceptable for everyone to live with this lack. Regarding productive use and business perfomance i really cant understand how the tradicional blackberry user can work without the need for editing spreadsheets . Second : I cant understand why a business phone doesnt have a decent task manager that can link to your calendar, sync to outlook tasks, etc . That rememeber app is a joke (for amateurs) and 3rd part apps doesnt integrate well with BB system (calendar, hub, etc) and sync only to themselves on the web.
    My company edits a LOT of spreadsheets. We might even hold a record of some kind?? IDK BUT, in our special case, those spreadsheets originate on a CAD PC and only the cells are edited through our mobile devices. In our very special case, we wouldn't be permitted to insert/delete lines without going back to the PC anyway... BUT, i can certainly see where "normal" use is severely limited by absence of that feature!
    03-26-15 07:31 AM
    Going from a BlackBerry Legacy device to an iPhone, Android, or even Windows Phone heavily contradicts not wanting to go to BB10. Seriously, end this thread please. Thank you.

You're assuming that BBOS users can't find a more satisfactory solution to their needs on another platform.

When leaving BBOS, the choices all represent a radical change from what you're accustomed to: BB10, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. That change was a risk BlackBerry took. Consumers may find that one of the other radical changes works better for them.
    03-26-15 11:08 AM
    You're assuming that BBOS users can't find a more satisfactory solution to their needs on another platform.

When leaving BBOS, the choices all represent a radical change from what you're accustomed to: BB10, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. That change was a risk BlackBerry took. Consumers may find that one of the other radical changes works better for them.
    this^

Not to mention, going to one of those other solutions also means all those other apps that we just brush off as never having on Blackberry actually become a possibly. Things like Cisco AnyConnect or Duo Mobile that I need to be able to check my work email.

Either way I am looking at a radical change. Do I keep my physical keyboard and sacrifice the ability to use my phone for work, or do I finally give up the physical keyboard and move to Android or IOS where I have a plethora of options, and can easily use the phone for work.

Blackberry's constant incompetence is pushing me away. I've decided if I am still unable to use BB10 to check my work email by the end of April 2015 (which of course I will be) I will be moving away from BB. The last person in my 1500 employee company to do so.
    03-26-15 11:35 AM
    This is exactly my point - thanks...

Also, for anyone who just assumes that the market will offer a physical keyboard even if BB eventually goes away - think again. I thought about it carefully and realized that the amount of work it takes to create a physical keyboard for Android or iPhone is pretty immense. as they basically have to "retrofit" their OS to a physical keyboard device with a toolbelt. That takes a LOT of work, given that no OS (including BB10) was designed for a physical keyboard + toolbelt. That's one of the reasons why it took so long for BB to release the Classic and why the Classic has many flaws (hence the 9900 users going back to their phones so quickly). Essentially someone would have to built an OS from the ground up to accommodate the physical keys + toolbelt for it to work as well as a 9900 and, as much as I would like for it to be the case, I just don't see it happening. Which is why it's SO important for the 9900 users to migrate to a Classic vs to an iPhone or Android...

Anyhow, I hope my pleas aren't too late, as I know MANY 9900 users have tried the Classic for a couple of days and gone right back to their 9900. I would have done the same thing with my Motorola Q9c if it was an option due to the efficiency. But now that I'm "stuck" with the Classic it occurred to me just how important this device is to the future of physical keyboards and toolbelts...
    Rediculous. They didn't "build an OS from the ground up" with they strapped on a keyboard to an iPhone any more than they did for your blue-tooth keyboard for your Android tablet. They didn't' build BB10 from the ground up add a tool belt either.

If BB fails to convert 9900 people......that's BB's fault. Perhaps they should get their s*** together.
    03-26-15 11:41 AM
    Last year RIM asked me what I wanted, and I said a faster Bold. The Classic looked the part. In the interim I got a Nexus 7 for apps, and it just about slides in a jacket pocket - very nice. I also have an IPAD and my 9900 which has to be prised from my hands. I've had my finger over the classic 'buy' button a number of times, but not sure. I wanted to see one. Been into a few stores but only now are they starting to be there (3 months after announce). Last couple of weeks I've had a play. First impression - it's heavy (ok I like a lot of power), np. In one store I was kinda ridiculed for wanting a BB, so I did not hang around. This week I got a proper play. It's different.. to everything else - but did not seem that much better than my 9900 to make me want to stump up 300ukp. I'd pay 600ukp for a decent phone so it's not the cost, but I see grief with the Classic. It's a gamble and a bit of a one-way street - I have to choose a time when I can afford a productivity hit and it's not clear to me that it is soo much better than a 9900 that it's worth it. I'm a gadget freak, but this is my business and it just has to work. RIM need to 'sell' this phone to me (or someone does). I need a guide to help me quickly get from BB7 to 10.3. Does one exist? Also, tbh, whilst my 9900 is slow, the classic did not strike me as fast. The OP suggests we should all go out and buy a Classic to keep BB afloat, but from my perspective they need to try a bit harder at helping me make that decision. I can see a little upside in the Classic and a lot of hassle. I'm loyal to BB and need keys, but as it stands something needs to make the first 15 minutes more attractive or 9900 users will stay put.
    03-26-15 02:23 PM
    I have sold the Classic today!! Yeahhh
    No more non removable battery big oldscul phones. I love my Q10 ;P hehe

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-26-15 04:48 PM
    Speaking of the Q10, is it possible to buy one anywhere with 10.2.1?
    03-26-15 07:02 PM
    Last year RIM asked me what I wanted, and I said a faster Bold. The Classic looked the part. In the interim I got a Nexus 7 for apps, and it just about slides in a jacket pocket - very nice. I also have an IPAD and my 9900 which has to be prised from my hands. I've had my finger over the classic 'buy' button a number of times, but not sure. I wanted to see one. Been into a few stores but only now are they starting to be there (3 months after announce). Last couple of weeks I've had a play. First impression - it's heavy (ok I like a lot of power), np. In one store I was kinda ridiculed for wanting a BB, so I did not hang around. This week I got a proper play. It's different.. to everything else - but did not seem that much better than my 9900 to make me want to stump up 300ukp. I'd pay 600ukp for a decent phone so it's not the cost, but I see grief with the Classic. It's a gamble and a bit of a one-way street - I have to choose a time when I can afford a productivity hit and it's not clear to me that it is soo much better than a 9900 that it's worth it. I'm a gadget freak, but this is my business and it just has to work. RIM need to 'sell' this phone to me (or someone does). I need a guide to help me quickly get from BB7 to 10.3. Does one exist? Also, tbh, whilst my 9900 is slow, the classic did not strike me as fast. The OP suggests we should all go out and buy a Classic to keep BB afloat, but from my perspective they need to try a bit harder at helping me make that decision. I can see a little upside in the Classic and a lot of hassle. I'm loyal to BB and need keys, but as it stands something needs to make the first 15 minutes more attractive or 9900 users will stay put.
    Well I switched from the 9900 to a Z10 more than 1 and a half year ago. I have been very happy since & I'm not looking back. The features that helped me switch are ;

1. The keyboard - I love the swipe, it's so much faster & more efficient that now I prefer to type on my Z10 than my computer. Though I have to admit that it took me 2 weeks to get used to the new keyboard. I almost exclusively type all emails via my Z10. I wish that I could say the same for my word documents, excel & PowerPoint as Documents to go is not as good as the computer. I wish that my computer has the same keyboard too. For your information I still cannot get used for the keyboard on my iPad after about 1 year.

2. The Camera - is much better than the 9900 it also have time shift, I can also take HD photos on my Z10, while recording a video I'm also able to take pictures simultaneously. All these cannot be achieved on a 9900

3. Connecting to my computer wirelessly - I'm able to connect my phone to my computer wirelessly even through the Internet to access files & folders, and for the fun of it stream videos songs too. However I have to keep my computer on at home. This is very convenient for me as I somehow merge up with my clients on an impromptu basis.

4. BlackBerry Maps - since my switch, I don't have to rely on Google maps on my 9900 anymore & it has a turn by turn voice navigation which my 9900 doesn't have.

5. Print to go - is really great as I often send documents to my clients which I would have prepared in word, excel or PowerPoint. This app let's me just print the documents to my phone & immediately send them via email to my clients.

6. BlackBerry 10 Calendar - this calendar automatically finds documents & emails that might be related to the particular appointment & provides me so access to them in the calendar application.

7. Android apps - belief it or not I need to use some android apps as my company only develop apps for iOS & Anchovies to help us get our work done & access clients information from outside the office. The 9900 is not able to do that.

8. I have more options to getting apps that I need help use to get things done like Evernote, black board & banking apps which is not available on the 9900

9. No more sticky keys - this problem is very familiar with the 9900, it was not present in my Curve nor my many Treo's

10. No more hour glass or frequently deleting pictures & music so that I can use my phone. The 9900 built in memory is just too small to do anything.

11. Selfie & wefie - now I can do Selfies & wefies together with my friends with ease. No need to guess if we are in the picture or not. The 9900 doesn't have a front camera.

12. BBM - it can do video calls & screen sharing which the 9900 just cannot do.

Now we have Blend.

I really couldn't imagine going back to the 9900. Mind you I did try about 6 months ago coz my mom's phone was broken so as a temporary measure I had to pass her my 9900 so I was totally lost when I was trying to show her how to use the phone. Now she use another Z10.

Hope these reasons can persuade some of you. I would say that there is no perfect phone not even the latest iPhone 6 nor the latest Android phone. Perhaps you can weigh the trade offs & the additional benefits to see if it is worthy for you to switch then decide. I did & I'm a lot happier & more efficient now as compared to the 9900 days.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and wilsodg like this.
    03-26-15 08:16 PM
286 ... 9101112