to all you holds outs...thanks for making us #1....Apple

RIP BBRY
    You think there are enough hold outs that equal more than the number of iPhone users, and that's what is making Apple "#1"? That's simply not possible as they would still be counted as BB users and thus BB would be considered much higher in market share.
    03-13-15 08:17 AM
    Their cash? Loll. It was shrinking. They were losing money that entire period.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    That didn't stop the moment Chen walked in. Had they not had legacy related sales including BIS from existing units their cash would have run out far sooner than sometime after Chen showed up. Legacy sales kept them alive. I'm not saying it would have done that forever...but it did keep them going as BB10 sales weren't doing much.
    03-13-15 08:19 AM
    The holdouts are still giving blackberry $5 dollars a month for bis so all this bull about needing to upgrade to support them is not based on real life fact. Also, it also keeps pushing blackberry to make bb10 better and to work in creating better devices since it must be embarrassing internal that so many aren't willing to let go of their old devices because no worthy upgrade...
    03-13-15 08:45 AM
    You think there are enough hold outs that equal more than the number of iPhone users, and that's what is making Apple "#1"? That's simply not possible as they would still be counted as BB users and thus BB would be considered much higher in market share.
    It's meant as a joke bud... I know they are using what works best for them. Just as long as they as using a BBRY that's what counts no?
    03-13-15 10:09 AM
    It's meant as a joke bud... I know they are using what works best for them. Just as long as they as using a BBRY that's what counts no?
    Yes, that's what counts. Not sure why you're asking that.

Joke or not, it still doesn't make any sense. Legacy hold out, or BB10 upgraded, they are still BB users so I'm not sure why Apple would be thanking them either way.
    03-13-15 10:30 AM
    Yes, that's what counts. Not sure why you're asking that.

Joke or not, it still doesn't make any sense. Legacy hold out, or BB10 upgraded, they are still BB users so I'm not sure why Apple would be thanking them either way.
    Basically because they're failure to innovate or move forward with the times relying on outdated technology allowed Apple and Samsung to become leaders in a high tech world. BBRY now struggles to even hold one to the .04% of the market they have even while releasing an outdated device like the classic and passport. Yes the die hards will argue that the PP and Classic are just as good as any device out there but in reality .... They are 2 years behind. I'm a devoted user but I also carry a Note 4 that I use to do the thing s BBRY can't , you don't see a Samsung or Apple user carrying a BBRY as a back up device because they lack functionality.
    Their focus on enterprise and the hopes of retaining the legacy users is their main goal , to bad the working generation now are more socially active in media and things and need a powerhouse device that allows them to do this and have an ecosystem to work with. Chen took over and sold everything, chased away developers .... Device sales haven't improved a whole lot but like the past predecessor's .... Is in denial of what the public want or need.
    Keep on using what works, no one is telling anyone what to use .... But sitting back holding on to the past ain't away to a brighter future.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    03-13-15 10:58 AM
    .....Basically because they're failure to innovate or move forward with the times relying on outdated technology allowed Apple and Samsung to become leaders in a high tech world.
    So in other words, nothing to do with what you just said above.

What was the "outdated technology"? All phones use the same technology, they just use it differently.

.....BBRY now struggles to even hold one to the .04% of the market they have even while releasing an outdated device like the classic and passport.
    Why do you always bring this up in any thread when it has nothing to do with the discussion?

.......Yes the die hards will argue that the PP and Classic are just as good as any device out there but in reality .... They are 2 years behind.
    This is of course, only your opinion. Just curious why you didn't describe how it's 2 years behind.

......I'm a devoted user but I also carry a Note 4 that I use to do the thing s BBRY can't ,
    Like what?

.........you don't see a Samsung or Apple user carrying a BBRY as a back up device because they lack functionality.
    Of course you do. You are one of them. If not....why carry the BB? Obviously there is something lacking in the Note 4 that prompts you to carry the BB.

.....Their focus on enterprise and the hopes of retaining the legacy users is their main goal , to bad the working generation now are more socially active in media and things and need a powerhouse device that allows them to do this and have an ecosystem to work with.
    What does this have to do with legacy? If anything , PKB phones excel at typing messages for social. In fact, they used to call them "social messaging phones". The ecosystem has nothing to do with any decisions BlackBerry could make today. Ecosystem just means "lots of other companies making apps that work on our phones".

......Chen took over and sold everything, chased away developers .... Device sales haven't improved a whole lot but like the past predecessor's .... Is in denial of what the public want or need.
    What makes you think that? He knows the public is in need of a lot of things, doesn't mean he's in the business of providing it. He in the business of providing what their core market wants or needs.

...Keep on using what works, no one is telling anyone what to use .... But sitting back holding on to the past ain't away to a brighter future.
    Who are you talking to? Who is holding on to the past and how?
    03-13-15 01:26 PM
    .....Basically because they're failure to innovate or move forward with the times relying on outdated technology allowed Apple and Samsung to become leaders in a high tech world.
    So in other words, nothing to do with what you just said above.

What was the "outdated technology"? All phones use the same technology, they just use it differently.

.....BBRY now struggles to even hold one to the .04% of the market they have even while releasing an outdated device like the classic and passport.
    Why do you always bring this up in any thread when it has nothing to do with the discussion?

.......Yes the die hards will argue that the PP and Classic are just as good as any device out there but in reality .... They are 2 years behind.
    This is of course, only your opinion. Just curious why you didn't describe how it's 2 years behind.

......I'm a devoted user but I also carry a Note 4 that I use to do the thing s BBRY can't ,
    Like what?

.........you don't see a Samsung or Apple user carrying a BBRY as a back up device because they lack functionality.
    Of course you do. You are one of them. If not....why carry the BB? Obviously there is something lacking in the Note 4 that prompts you to carry the BB.

.....Their focus on enterprise and the hopes of retaining the legacy users is their main goal , to bad the working generation now are more socially active in media and things and need a powerhouse device that allows them to do this and have an ecosystem to work with.
    What does this have to do with legacy? If anything , PKB phones excel at typing messages for social. In fact, they used to call them "social messaging phones". The ecosystem has nothing to do with any decisions BlackBerry could make today. Ecosystem just means "lots of other companies making apps that work on our phones".

......Chen took over and sold everything, chased away developers .... Device sales haven't improved a whole lot but like the past predecessor's .... Is in denial of what the public want or need.
    What makes you think that? He knows the public is in need of a lot of things, doesn't mean he's in the business of providing it. He in the business of providing what their core market wants or needs.

...Keep on using what works, no one is telling anyone what to use .... But sitting back holding on to the past ain't away to a brighter future.
    Who are you talking to? Who is holding on to the past and how?
    your right, they are the best at everything, no one else holds a candle to them.
    03-13-15 05:31 PM
    your right, they are the best at everything, no one else holds a candle to them.
    Yep, exactly as I thought. You have no answers when someone asks you for details or offers even the slightest rebuttal to your claims, just sarcastic diversionary responses.
    03-13-15 06:36 PM
    Yep, exactly as I thought. You have no answers when someone asks you for details or offers even the slightest rebuttal to your claims, just sarcastic diversionary responses.
    no i just don't like wasting my time on certain types of people, have a good night.
    03-13-15 09:45 PM
    I currently own a Z30 and a Classic, recently selling my Z10 and Q10. One thing this thread has reminded me of is how great a communicator the Bold 9900/30 is. So I ordered one on EBAY to add as a third wheel that I will activate from time to time. It is truly the only BBOS phone remaining that could theoretically still be used today without many hiccups. I too once loved my Storm2, but that's a little too dated to experiment with.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    03-13-15 10:55 PM
    Well the information I got from BlackBerry is that the number of users of BIS is dwindling & it is going to come to a point where the networks will find it too expensive to maintain & they as a business decision will shut down BIS. This is going to happen very soon.

It is not up to BlackBerry but your telco's. Without BIS 9900 & other legacy devices will have difficulties to function.

So if you give BlackBerry 10 a chance, I'm sure it is not too different from your 9900. I switched & loved it. Yes, there are some functions that are not there anymore but I can't remember what it is any more coz the additional benefits outweigh the losses for me.

Good luck you guys.

Posted via CB10

Wrong, most teleost still sell 2 years BIS contracts, the moment they stop selling new BIS contracts it will then be at least another 2 years before they can shut it down.

Of course the reality is there's nothing to shut down, BBOS and BB10 make use of the same NOC servers, the main difference is how they connect to them, BIS uses a custom APN
    03-14-15 02:01 AM
    I currently own a Z30 and a Classic, recently selling my Z10 and Q10. One thing this thread has reminded me of is how great a communicator the Bold 9900/30 is. So I ordered one on EBAY to add as a third wheel that I will activate from time to time. It is truly the only BBOS phone remaining that could theoretically still be used today without many hiccups. I too once loved my Storm2, but that's a little too dated to experiment with.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    Funny thing is, I still have my Storm 2 and occasionally fire it up just for kicks and giggles. Let's be honest, BBOS5 hardware IS a bit on the slow side these days, what with all 256GB of RAM and 600MHz under the hood. Comparatively the Bold 99x0 more than doubles spec-wise, yet the Storm 2 has an autofocus camera.

Go figure
    03-14-15 05:02 AM
    no i just don't like wasting my time on certain types of people, have a good night.
    And by "certain types of people" you mean people who actually ask you to explain your posts? It's strange that you had no problem "wasting your time" before I did that. Yet another sarcastic diversionary response. Your posts are so predictable.
    03-14-15 07:38 AM
    Funny thing is, I still have my Storm 2 and occasionally fire it up just for kicks and giggles. Let's be honest, BBOS5 hardware IS a bit on the slow side these days, what with all 256GB of RAM and 600MHz under the hood. Comparatively the Bold 99x0 more than doubles spec-wise, yet the Storm 2 has an autofocus camera.

Go figure
    A couple of phones that got away and I could never try because of Verizon are: Torch 9800/ 9810, Style 9670, and of course the Passport.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    03-14-15 08:15 AM
    A couple of phones that got away and I could never try because of Verizon are: Torch 9800/ 9810, Style 9670, and of course the Passport.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    Ugh, I'm battling that right now, too. I want to order a 9810 just because I want a 9810, not to use because I'm on Verizon, but just to have.

165 posts later and here's my concede: being a legacy user with a BB10 device, here's what I DO miss about BB10.

1) The most up to date BBM. The latest (not last because oddly they still release updates for it) version for OS7 doesn't support stickers or location sharing, which I got use to using a LOT on BB10

2) 64GB+ MicroSD Cards, because moar space ain't bad yo

3) Front Facing Camera, for dem selfies yo

That's really it, but when you go to take a fun selfie or someone asks, "Hey, where you at?", those things really tend to stand out to you.
    03-14-15 09:16 AM
    I love my Classic I've owned a BB since day one and this is just what I was waiting fr in the OS 10 line up. Perfect size not a toy but can be used as one and regardless what you think changing the battery(When it dies out one day is easy if you do some research. Great job BB <3
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-14-15 01:37 PM
    .....and bad grammar.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 06:35 PM
    No, we're not talking about seconds
    We're talking about "flow" ie efficiency and intuitive usage

9900 lagging = bb10 transitions
    For example, typing m to open messages on the 9900 was instant. If it lagged, it took a second. Bb10 is never instant, there is always a wait period. Now, not only do we have to view the transition, we have to wait first.

And the 9900 didn't lag much and comparing to bb10, just switching between messages using N and P is slow.. imaging if you had to hold B to go to the bottom of a webpage, or hold space to page down.
    It's annoying and its a silly change.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    I don't know what the hell you have done to your Passport, but there is absolutely ZERO lag on BB10, especially in hub. I just switched messages using N and P in the hub and it was instant.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    03-15-15 02:42 AM
    I don't know what the hell you have done to your Passport, but there is absolutely ZERO lag on BB10, especially in hub. I just switched messages using N and P in the hub and it was instant.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    That's just not possible. Nothing is "instant" in BB10 due to the side show they've programmed in for each and everything you do. If pressing N or P, you get....TWO sliding effects. Do the same on a 9900 and it quickly slides directly from one message to the next. BB10 needs to slide back to hub, then out to next message. Twice as long.

Yea, I get it BlackBerry, you found the "special effects" palate and decided to be cute. But that gets old after the first 20 minutes of owning the phone and sucks up valuable time in the day. 9900 lag does equal BB10 "special effect", but sometimes there are multiple special effects that must occur (frame appears, then comes forward, then something slides in the frame.....yawn...I forgot what I wanted to do). If they gave us the option to remove that silly effect, you'd be much faster, and certainly faster than 9900.
    03-15-15 10:57 AM
    That's just not possible. Nothing is "instant" in BB10 due to the side show they've programmed in for each and everything you do. If pressing N or P, you get....TWO sliding effects. Do the same on a 9900 and it quickly slides directly from one message to the next. BB10 needs to slide back to hub, then out to next message. Twice as long.

Yea, I get it BlackBerry, you found the "special effects" palate and decided to be cute. But that gets old after the first 20 minutes of owning the phone and sucks up valuable time in the day. 9900 lag does equal BB10 "special effect", but sometimes there are multiple special effects that must occur (frame appears, then comes forward, then something slides in the frame.....yawn...I forgot what I wanted to do). If they gave us the option to remove that silly effect, you'd be much faster, and certainly faster than 9900.
    Good god, this thread needs to be closed right about now smh....this is getting so dumb.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    03-15-15 01:22 PM
    Mods, please give an infraction to prior user. Thank you.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    03-15-15 01:40 PM
    I've just worked a little with my good old Bold 9790 and I've realized again how familiar it feels. The user interface and interaction design of OS7 just feel very good to me and I definitely love the hardware of the old BlackBerry phones with the polished frame and the curved keyboards. They just feel right.

However, I have also seen that I probably couldn't get through my days with a Bold only. The system is so limited compared to every modern OS. From the browser which lacks features to the missing apps and the horrible design of existing software, this is just not the present anymore.
    Yep, there are some great things about BBOS7 but I would say that it's definitely not more efficient than BB10 after all I have seen, except for maybe a few specific communication dedicated tasks.

The verdict:
    I can understand that legacy devices may still work for some users as their only device but you have to be quite a hardcore communicator to sacrifice the tons of modern smartphone capabilities for an (arguably) slightly better communication experience.

Posted via CB10
    evodevo69 likes this.
    03-15-15 01:46 PM
    Good god, this thread needs to be closed right about now smh....this is getting so dumb.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    Gosh, who would have thought anyone would be talking about how BlackBerry's work on on a site that talks about BlackBerry's.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-15-15 04:44 PM
    The verdict:
    I can understand that legacy devices may still work for some users as their only device but you have to be quite a hardcore communicator to sacrifice the tons of modern smartphone capabilities for an (arguably) slightly better communication experience.

Posted via CB10
    "slightly better" is a completely subjective term.
    03-15-15 04:46 PM
286 ... 56789 ...